Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 02-18-2014, 07:23 PM    (permalink
MrSmith88
Rookie

MrSmith88 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.MrSmith88 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.MrSmith88 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.MrSmith88 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.MrSmith88 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.MrSmith88 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.MrSmith88 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.MrSmith88 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.MrSmith88 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.MrSmith88 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.MrSmith88 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.
Default Yawin Smallwood, ILB, UConn

Just finished some film on him and I like him a lot actually. I think in a 3-4 Defense where he can be versatile (asked to spy, drop, pass rush) could really maximize his potential. If he plays a little deeper in his drops over the middle he could make more plays. I like his motor and he seemed good at stopping the option as well as taking good angles on QB scrambles.

Could be good fit for my Packers if he falls to us. I see him as a mid 2nd rounder to mid 3rd. If he does well at combine he can shoot up solidly in the second round.
MrSmith88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 07:40 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like him for the Colts in the second. We desperately need an ILB to pair with Jerrell Freeman. Though I'd hope he could gain some weight and thump ball carriers when necessary.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Despite being a UConn fan, I'm not too high on Smallwood. As you mentioned, he doesn't get great depth in his drops or have the awareness he needs in zone coverage, and I find that he's a little bit too reactive in the run game as far as making most of tackles a few yards downfield. More of a fifth-round talent or so in my opinion, but will probably go higher since there aren't many good inside linebackers this year.
Old 02-18-2014, 08:12 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Versus Michigan last year was impressive but I don't like him near as much as I did Sio Moore. I think he could be a solid 34 ILB, though. Something like a lesser David Harris.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 08:29 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
Despite being a UConn fan, I'm not too high on Smallwood. As you mentioned, he doesn't get great depth in his drops or have the awareness he needs in zone coverage, and I find that he's a little bit too reactive in the run game as far as making most of tackles a few yards downfield. More of a fifth-round talent or so in my opinion, but will probably go higher since there aren't many good inside linebackers this year.
Interested in someone who has WATCHED UConn games..... is that you?
Film is important, but have you actually watched him in person?

MrSmith above, our Packers could use serious help at ILB, and smaller schools work for Ted Thompson.
But has anyone here actually seen UConn games? I thought they only play basketball at UConn.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote