Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts A Place to Post and Discuss Your Own Mock Drafts

Old 02-19-2014, 09:22 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyfan1985 View Post
The Colts will fill their need at Center in free agency or not at all. (They drafted C Khaled Holmes in the 4th last year)

Give the Colts FS Dion Bailey in the 2nd, maybe they can trade down and still get him. (They need a true coverage FS to allow Laron Landry to play close to the line at SS)

Then in the 3rd, give them DT Daquan Jones. (They need a deep and talented DL to make this defense work.)
They very well could, but what FA center? Mack, Goodwin....
Holmes is a permenant injury concern, IMO he will always be a backup who can come in an play, but not offer any consistancy as a starter.

Bailey makes sense, especially in allowing Landry to play where he should be playing, and his skill set would be a great fit.

I thought about Jones there, but thought adding a piece to recieving core would be a bigger improvement to the team, personally I would not draft depth in this draft before the 4th round, maybe later, too many good players IMO.
Old 02-19-2014, 09:26 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
Patriots draft is sexy.
Well thank you! I was expecting some resistance from Pats fans.
Jones is a great pick in the 3rd, I like ASJ's over all ability and Binito has the versatiliy if needed I think BB likes. Overall I thought it was a successful mock for them myself.
Old 02-19-2014, 09:37 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Anyone actually read these posts?

Last edited by Poz51 : 02-19-2014 at 10:01 AM.
Poz51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 10:00 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by E_Bird View Post
This is really well done.

Have to say, though, that I have the opposite opinion of Bucannon. He can make plays, but his tackling form is poor, and he takes bad angles. In the Arizona State game, I counted something like 9 bad angles and 5 missed tackles. If you can improve his form as a tackler, I think he can be a R. Jones kind of player. Playmaker from inside the box. But those aren't that rare, and given the things in his game he needs to fix, I see him as more of a 3rd/4th RD player.

I also don't get Martin over Lewan.

I like that you have Van Noy in the top 20.
Thank you, I appreciate it.

Bucannon - He does leave his feet early alot when tackling from what I have seen, lunging more than what I would like. I actually like his ability in coverage more than most give him any credit, I think he can play the deep half very well, and being an able tackler helps his case overall. I have not watched the ASU game, so I will try to do so. I do think that the front 7 on that defense was pretty bad, and alot of the mistakes I see were him trying to handle his responsability while at the same time trying to cover for the guys upfront, which IMO leads to alot of the bad angles. If he has to only worry about his responsabilities and can improve his tackling form (I would agree it needs help), I think he can be a two way safety, who can play the box and deep responsabilities, being much more than just an in the box safety. Thats why I am high on him, but I still have to do my double take on safeties, so we'll see what happens then, and I will try to make sure I see the ASU tape. My opinion on him, from what I have read and heard is in the minority, as I am doing some projecting of his skill set.

Lewan - The one thing that really irk's me about Lewan is trusting him on the field. IMO he does alot of cheap little dirty crap that he wasnt flagged for in college that I believe he will in the NFL. I think it was the Michigan St. game he's constantly grabbing some guys face mask, I think he either lets guys get under his skin and displays immaturity in his response, or he's like Jon Runyan and is just a natural antagonist who really can help himself. I think he's really talented, competes hard and like J. Long can handle the left side, but I wish I could be a fly on the wall during interviews with him. I just have him red flagged, its not a talent issue with me regarding him.

Martin, IMO is a guard who can play tackle if needed and hold down the fort. I also completely trust him on and off the field, given what I have seen, read and heard about him. He goes over Lewan in this mock partially because of this and mostly because I think he fits what the Ravens are looking for and ultimately need at this point, as I think they bring Monroe back.

Van Noy - So under rated at this point IMO. Can cover, play run support, blitz has superb instincts and IMO excells with talent around him. I actually have him as a top ten value. I dont see many holes in his game at all.
Old 02-19-2014, 10:08 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Would be miserable. Does nothing to take our team to the next level. We don't need high motor at DE, we have a gluttony of those. We need a pass rusher. Niklas isn't even a sure upgrade over Toilolo. I would be upset.

Matthews also sucks but I think he will be our pick so I can't keep hating.
Interesting, I thought it was good for them.

Matthews IMO significantly upgrades the offensive line, and helps both the run and pass game.

I get the another high motor guy. If anyone trades up into the 2nd spot for a non-QB, IMO its the Falcons for Clowney, for the very reason you stated.

I think you need to watch more of Niklas, a huge upgrade IMO over Toilolo, not as a pass blocker, but as a reciever and over all player.

I appreciate the response :)
Old 02-19-2014, 10:12 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
I like the trade but the overall mock is pretty meh for the Bengals
It was one of my favorites for any team. I thought it significantly upgrades the playmaking in the secondary, linebacking core, the secondary itself, and added a unique coverage aspect to the linebacking core.

At least it was not the vile mock you have ever seen ;)
Old 02-19-2014, 10:26 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poz51 View Post
Martin, IMO is a guard who can play tackle if needed and hold down the fort. I also completely trust him on and off the field, given what I have seen, read and heard about him. He goes over Lewan in this mock partially because of this and mostly because I think he fits what the Ravens are looking for and ultimately need at this point, as I think they bring Monroe back.
Pretty much. At this point I'm betting Osemele gets moved back to right tackle and Monroe is brought back leaving left guard and center as the needs on the offensive line. I really have my doubts about Osemele being a fit inside for Kubiak's scheme.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 12:08 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Overall I think Cleveland is a great place with their picks in the draft to do as they please, wether it be move up, stand still, and either way really enhance the talent level on their roster. Interesting that Cleveland fans really seem divided on the QB situation.
If we screw this draft up it would be a miracle...

People are divided on the qb situation because 99% of them are scared we are going to screw up and be set back again. If I could do a break down on what it seems like people want, I would say it's something like this

40% want Bridgewater
30% want Manziel
20% want Hoyer
10% want Bortles

Of everyone, I would say 75% or more want Hoyer starting this year while a rooking qb sits behind him. I am on record saying I want Manziel, although I am not sure how he will translate to the NFL. My biggest thought is that if his game does translate, I feel like the sky is the limit for him which is what you want in a QB.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 01:35 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

good first round for sf. However, Bad 2nd third 3 rounds. We need a wide out after the first.
Old 02-20-2014, 10:06 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by markulous View Post
I don't recall the games I watched him in (I saw about 3), but I consistently saw him being blocked by one guy, sometimes even a TE. If he is able to use his speed to get by them, then he can be pretty disruptive, if not, then it seems like he gets taken out of the play pretty quickly. I didn't see any swim or spin moves that he used to get by anyone either.

Really my point was more the giving up draft picks. If our scouting department sees what you do, then I'm not going to bash them for them grabbing him (obviously I just disagree), but I just don't see how a team gives up that much when they have so many holes. I'm fine with trading using the picks we got from the Monroe trade (4th & 5th), but beyond that I think we need to really get more bodies rather than investing so much into one person.
Watched Nebraska, and I saw more of that myself. However, I think it lends to my thoughts on him, in these regards;
1 - He needs to work on disengaging and hand usage, he does not currently shed blocks well at all. I agree he does get tied up, but it almost always happens when he is on the LOS (from what I see), when playing/starting back in space he is extrememly efficient. This is why I laugh at the notion of 43 base team taking him and playing him at DE.
2 - He is a 34 OLB (probably weakside right now), or could play LEO in 43/hybrid where he is allowed to stand on his pins, move around (where he is not in a fixed position on the LOS), and use his pass rush ability and explosivness. He reminds me of D. Ware when he came out. Both are former conversions from the offensive side of the ball (Ware earlier from WR). Ware is a DE conversion, vs. Barr who has played in space more, but used in college like a DE alot.

Here is two things from 2005 on Ware after the draft:
(Ware is the first a Troy (State) player ever taken in the 1st round. The ESPN draft tracker thinks it a good pick:

The Cowboys have filled a number of needs in free agency, and with two first-round picks had the opportunity to address a couple of more. Ware fills one. He is a hybrid DE/OLB with explosive speed and loads of pass-rushing potential. Ware’s draft stock skyrocketed after an impressive showing at the combine.

Cowboys pick Troy’s Ware (Matt Mosley and Rick Gosselin, DMN)

The Cowboys stayed put in the first round of this season’s draft, selecting Troy defensive end Demarcus Ware with their first pick in the first round Saturday. Dallas also will pick at No. 20. The Cowboys may also go for defense with that pick, possibly LSU defensive end Marcus Spears. Last year, the Cowboys traded out of the first round, sending their pick to Buffalo.

Ware is known for his great closing speed in the pass rush. He was a receiver in high school and wasn’t highly recruited. He was named the Sun Belt Conference Defensive Player of the Year in 2004 after he had 19 tackles for a loss and 10 1/2 sacks. He also caused four fumbles in 2004. He started 34 of 43 games during his career at Troy.

Ware had an impressive showing at the NFL combine with a 4.61 in the 40-yard dash and he has jumped as high as 38 inches. Ware weighed 198 pounds coming out of high school. He grew into a 251-pounder at Troy.

Ware is viewed as one of the best pass rushers in a draft light on quality pass rushers. He ranked eighth in the NCAA with 11 sacks in 2005 and collected 28 in his career at Troy. Only one school recruited Ware รข€“ Troy, located 80 miles to the southwest of Auburn. And the Trojans gave Ware the push he needed. Ware started his final three years at Troy and was a finalist for the Ted Hendricks Award as college football’s best defensive end. Ware wanted to play at Auburn but never got the chance. “That’s been driving me since I got in college,” Ware said recently. “I wanted to set the stage for the guys at the small schools. Hey, we can play with the guys at the bigger schools. We can be just as competitive as they are.”)

3 - He needs to develop a counter move. There were a couple games where he does not use any, in the Oregon (I believe) game he tried a spin move several times but is too high, D. Freeney had a similar issue early in him career. Barr is too high, negating his leverage everytime, but if he can lower his center of gravity, and bend (which I fully believe he is capable of) then like Freeney it could be a devestating counter move to his speed rush.

4 - His combine numbers will be big for him to show that explosion.

5 - He is an, as I like to say "know your personnel" player. As a 43 DE I'd have him as an 3rd round project, passing down edge rusher. But as a 34/43/Hybrid/LEO type I have him as a top 10 guy. Its like Buffalo fans with Poz, he doesnt do this and that, blah, blah, blah, spewing out crap like crazy, he's a read and react run defender, he's not going to attack the LOS, shed blocks and blow up running plays all the time, he reads his keys and makes the tackle, he is not an athletic man defender, he is a read and react zone LB (led the league in LB picks for Buffalo doing so, at least he was in Buffalo) with decent athleticism or Leodis McKelvin, he's not a zone read and react guy, he's a man instinctual stone handed corner, who had a really good year in that role after being horrible in the Wansdadt zone sheme the year before. Its what both were in college, and both have done well in the pros, but when expectations change, its fitting a square peg into a round hole.

I totally under standing the giving up of draft picks. Maybe they can swing a later first round trade in real life for Dee Ford, who they apparently really like, but IMO there will competition if someone does not pull a Bruce Irvin and jump the gun way too early. I am not sure he makes it out of the first round. That way the price might not be as steep. As for their holes I dont think they have as many as most do, I like their young talent base, but I dont watch them enough to say for sure. I do think they would really benefit from a real QB, and a real Passrusher, more than they would from just adding bodies. That is just my opinion.
Old 02-20-2014, 10:12 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
Pretty much. At this point I'm betting Osemele gets moved back to right tackle and Monroe is brought back leaving left guard and center as the needs on the offensive line. I really have my doubts about Osemele being a fit inside for Kubiak's scheme.
If I just could get myself straight on Elam ;) lol

I could agree more on Osemele.
Old 02-20-2014, 10:18 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
30– San Francisco – Stephon Tuitt (DE – Notre Dame)

24 – San Francisco (via. Kansas City) – Kyle Fuller (CB – Virginia Tech.)
30 – San Francisco – Ed Reynolds (FS – Stanford)

13 – San Francisco (via. Tennessee) – Martavis Bryant (WR – Clemson)
30 – San Francisco – Marcus Martin (C – U.S.C.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
good first round for sf. However, Bad 2nd third 3 rounds. We need a wide out after the first.
Interesting, most 9ers fans do not like the first round...

What dont you like about the 2nd and 3rd rounds? I did give the 9ers Bryant in the 3rd at WR.
Old 02-20-2014, 10:34 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Interesting, I thought it was good for them.

Matthews IMO significantly upgrades the offensive line, and helps both the run and pass game.

I get the another high motor guy. If anyone trades up into the 2nd spot for a non-QB, IMO its the Falcons for Clowney, for the very reason you stated.

I think you need to watch more of Niklas, a huge upgrade IMO over Toilolo, not as a pass blocker, but as a reciever and over all player.

I appreciate the response :)
The problem is that our offense has been fine for years. With Julio back, it will be good. Yes, we need to protect Ryan. But we're not winning a superbowl with the lack of TALENT we have on defense. It's putrid in the front 7.

And Niklas could even go in round 2 but a tight end (who will likely be our 5th option in the passing game) is not going to be the difference for us. Defense is. The only way we should go TE is if a pro bowl talent drops to our second pick.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 10:52 AM    (permalink
xstamper13
Rookie

xstamper13 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

You started the draft off so well with the Clowney pick...then you augured into the flight deck.

Trading up for Carr when a MUCH MUCH MUCH better QB prospect in Garoppolo goes after we pick in the THIRD round? If Reggie does that then he deserves to be fired...on the spot.

Clowney, Aaron Donald in the 2nd and Garoppolo in the 3rd would make a whole lot more sense.

Whoever drafts Carr is going to regret it. Waste of a good pick.
xstamper13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 02:50 PM    (permalink
twiz
Veteran

twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoopSandwich View Post
If we screw this draft up it would be a miracle...

People are divided on the qb situation because 99% of them are scared we are going to screw up and be set back again. If I could do a break down on what it seems like people want, I would say it's something like this

40% want Bridgewater
30% want Manziel
20% want Hoyer
10% want Bortles

Of everyone, I would say 75% or more want Hoyer starting this year while a rooking qb sits behind him. I am on record saying I want Manziel, although I am not sure how he will translate to the NFL. My biggest thought is that if his game does translate, I feel like the sky is the limit for him which is what you want in a QB.
I think the numbers are more:

45% want Hoyer
25% want Manziel
25% want Bridgewater
5% want Bortles
twiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 09:25 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
Out of that whole mock, there were three guys who's names I don't recognize:

Bashaud Breeland (CB, Clm)
Marcus Martin (C, USC)
Marcus Smith (DE, Lsv)

Does anybody else have these players on their boards? What do you know about them?
My take on them right now:
Breeland - Press man to man corner who can play off too. Good run support and will stick his nose where most wont, physical, longer type corner who with a solid combine puts himself in 1st round value/2nd round pick conversation (ceiling). Very good gunner on special teams. Surprised many by coming out early, as he could have been a very high pick next year IMO intially. Move seems family (child/children?) motivated? I have enjoyed watching him, big potential there IMO.

Martin - Surprised many by coming out early too. I like his hands and agressiveness, would have been high on initial 2015 boards as well. I just started on him, but like what I have see so far, some Eric Woods to his game, probably more athletic.

Smtih - Showed up regularly for Louisvilles D, high ceiling type, good frame, can add more muscle, IMO an 43 edge rusher, with natural athleticism and good strength. Could be a project as a 34 OLB, as he has the athleticsm to play in space, but no experience and senior bowl showing doing so was not so good IMO. If my memory serves me, he only played less than 5 snaps at 43 end in the senior bowl, but one of those he spinned past Morgan Moses? and blew up a potential screen? play, showing good diagnosis skills. Anyway,3-4 round pick who IMO will platoon/potentially start immediately, for a 43 team, and will have some impact.

These 3 guys are part of the reason this draft just gets deeper and deeper the more I watch.