Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-16-2013, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So called defense in college football. DBs don't know how to knock a pass down, QBs and RBs allowed to run for well over 300 yards, always trying to make big hits and not wrapping, etc. Ugh! CFB is painful to watch right now.
Old 11-20-2013, 01:27 PM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
always trying to make big hits and not wrapping
and that's different from the NFL how, exactly?

College football is lame because most of the games are blowouts, even the games that are supposed to be close. Also, the only great teams are always a select few from the southern part of the country.
MidwestJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 09:47 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pulling an all-nighter to meet the 9 AM deadline only to find out that the government never bothered to get the authorization to operate.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People who want to replace Andy Dalton with:
Aaron Murray
AJ McCarron
or other QBs who draw comparisons to...Andy Dalton

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 07:02 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My 3rd external HDD just went bad. Thats the 3rd one that has gone bad on me this year. I always back up my files, but still....

grrrrrr
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 07:08 AM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
My 3rd external HDD just went bad. Thats the 3rd one that has gone bad on me this year. I always back up my files, but still....

grrrrrr
The hell are you doing with them? I've had mine for like 5 years and it's still running fine.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 08:49 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job Reborn View Post
The hell are you doing with them? I've had mine for like 5 years and it's still running fine.
I have no idea. I shut them off properly. I never leave them on all the time. Its plugged into a surge protector. The last 2 were WD passports. Which are suppose to be good quality. I understand they arent suppose to last forever. But this is ********. lol
Old 12-20-2013, 09:53 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My Mid-Term Exam is entirely skills-based. But, being the benevolent Pre-AP teacher I am, I gave my students 2 of the three cold reads (literature they haven't seen before the exam) ahead of time that they could annotate at their discretion.

How ******* stupid do you have to be to not even a) print your own copy with annotations or b) read the ******* literature?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 01:43 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 03:24 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

Ok disclaimer: Ive sported a beard for a long time now, many years.

I've grown tired of this whole beard trend. I guess its people who cant grow beards that try and end up with large wolfman patches on their face. It just looks ridiculous. Shave that **** off.

Or people who post pictures of their nasty bushy looking beards on facebook. Like its some kind of accomplishment to look like a hobo.
Old 01-24-2014, 03:28 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

Quote:

I've grown tired of this whole beard trend. I guess its people who cant grow beards that try and end up with large wolfman patches on their face. It just looks ridiculous. Shave that **** off.

Or people who post pictures of their nasty bushy looking beards on facebook. Like its some kind of accomplishment to look like a hobo.
meh. if someone is that incapable of growing a beard and doesn't realize it, it's usually entertaining to watch. it's like anyone who grows an adam morrison on their face.
Old 01-25-2014, 11:26 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This commercial. Well, direct tv commercials in general, but this one in particular.

Because not only is hang gliding something I'd like to do some day, but because, well, about a decade ago, there was a blackout for a few days along the eastern seaboard of the United States and Canada.

And do you know what I remember about it? Crowds of people fairly calmly exiting Manhattan.

People volunteering to direct traffic.

Breaking out my old CD walkman that I still own (in case of blackout) to listen for updates on the radio.

FIlling an ice box as quickly as possible to store other people's insulin.

People on every floor of a high rise apartment complex with flashlights and people helping the elderly either get to, or out of their apartments.

You know what i don't remember?

Looting.

So **** you Direct TV and **** your stupid commercials.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 11:49 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is a long one so bear with me.

I just got off the phone with an insurance company that I signed a client up through. Here is the tale of how this experience went down.

I call the 1800 number, get the automated system hit 3 for Agent 2 for DVH and then I get a person. They tell me the client's account seems to be activated (its not). I explain to her the situation. She says she sees what I am saying but the last form I submitted she can't access because she doesn't have access too it. So she has to forward me to someone in that department that can see the form and better assist me.

So the lady forwards me and I get the telephone prompts again but they don't work... I hit 1 on the phone a good 50-60x and nothing happened. So I called the number and spoke with a lady in said department and tell her the situation. She proceeds to tell me that she doesn't see said form at all and she will then have to transfer me back to the department I JUST spoke with because she can't help me.

So 5 minutes go by as I am on hold and I get a lady back in the department I just spoke with. So I explain to her the issue at hand and that I have been transferred back and forth. The lady then confirms what I have said. Once again says she can see the form but cannot access it since it is not her department and will have to transfer me BACK TO THE LADY I JUST SPOKE WITH.

2 minutes go by as I am on hold. The 3rd lady comes back and said she got the 2nd ladies voicemail... so she tries the general line so I go on hold again for 2 minutes. She come back and explains there was no answer. So she tries the 2nd lady again. I get put on hold for 10 minutes only for the lady to come back and say that she spoke to the 2nd lady and she cannot help.

At this point she says she is going to try calling the underwriter to see what might have happened. Back on hold I go for 10 minutes before the 3rd lady comes back and feeds me this line:

"I spoke to the underwriter and she said that somewhere along the line something got messed up and she is going to have to submit something before we can get the thing fixed. She said she would call me back when she got it sorted out and then I will call you back".

I really appreciated the technical jargon like "something" and "thing"... very professional for a national corporation.

COME ON PEOPLE GET YOUR **** TOGETHER.
Old 02-06-2014, 11:51 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just read the word phone and skipped over the rest. My recommendation is an iPhone.
Old 02-06-2014, 11:54 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I just read the word phone and skipped over the rest. My recommendation is an iPhone.
If I saw you in real life... I would punch you so hard right in the nose it would swell up so you looked like Steve Jobs.

All joking aside... I really want to punch you right now.
Old 02-06-2014, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I've had a beard ever since I graduated High School and a coach wasn't making me shave.

One thing that pisses me off to no end, "OMG nice beard Duck Dynasty!"
Whenever someone references that show in regards to my beard I want to punch someone. Really hard.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 12:10 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
If I saw you in real life... I would punch you so hard right in the nose it would swell up so you looked like Steve Jobs.

All joking aside... I really want to punch you right now.
COME HERE AND GIVE ME A BIG OL HUG YOU TEDDY BEAR YOU!

<3
Old 02-06-2014, 12:15 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

fedex36 doing mocks without reading the ******* comments people leave for him.
Old 02-08-2014, 06:35 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People who text on their ****ing phone when you try to show them a movie or show or whatever. **** them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 10:10 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When you are in your car trying to exit the parking lot but you always have that one family that walks side by side down the row while being in the middle of the isle.
Old 02-09-2014, 10:39 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
When you are in your car trying to exit the parking lot but you always have that one family that walks side by side down the row while being in the middle of the isle.
haha yes, I hate this. Also I live in a neighborhood that many elderly people live in and they walk/jog in the mornings, the worst is a pair of walkers or sometimes even three or four walking on the street together, because they don't want to go on a dirt trail. How stupid and naive they are to trust cars not to hit them? Whenever I run on the street anytime I see or hear a car I go on the dirt path because, hey I'm a person and that is a car, car wins every time in every situation. It pisses me off and anytime you get to close and don't literally drive on the other side on the street to avoid them they get angry. whatever someone will hit them soon enough.

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

'Vegetarian salsa'.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 11:46 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

Getting drunk then buying stuff on ebay.....smh
Old 04-09-2014, 04:37 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Using a superbowl win to justify opinions. It's ******* hard to win a superbowl and there is a slew of things that go in to it including luck and peaking at the right time. Just because team X didn't win this year doesn't mean their team strategy is garbage. Only 1 team wins each year. Using superbowl winners as a sample is way too small.

When teams find success and then turning on the head coach because he hasn't won a championship. Harbaugh specifically has brought the 49ers deep in the playoffs 3 time already and people get pissed because he hasn't won. Peoples expectations are ridiculous. He is an elite HC and even if he doesn't win a championship in the next 5 years he can still be considered an elite HC. People are starting to do the same thing with Mark Jackson and the Warriors. People are getting upset because the Warriors aren't as great as they can be but people are just taking the fact they are a playoff team for granted.

Car insurance and depressing ads on the radio. I stream radio at work and they seriously have like 10 total commercials. I used to like Flo. Endless ads about hungry kids just brings me down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 04:45 AM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The almost total lack of nuance in the discussion about Johnny ******* Manziel on this site.
Also, how Johnny Manziel somehow, someway finds his way into every single ******* discussion around here.
"You´re looking for a punter in the 7th round? Well you wouldn't need a punter if you had Johnny Football!!"...