Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-11-2014, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
I'll be online in like 40 days. Wait for me damnit!
I wait for no one! Especially for dirty Australian trolls who will steal my beans!
Old 01-11-2014, 07:02 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I wait for no one! Especially for dirty Australian trolls who will steal my beans!
Dude, no one is going to steal your beans...

"But they're MAGIC beans!"

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 07:04 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im holding out for a bit serious lack of content for me right now
Old 01-12-2014, 10:34 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You will give me all your beans and you will damn well like it.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 04:15 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
You will give me all your beans and you will damn well like it.
NEVER! I will hand cuff you and make you eat rotten fruit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitansCJftw View Post
im holding out for a bit serious lack of content for me right now
I don't blame you. I'm glad I got it so I can be apart of the testing process, but I wouldn't blame anyone for waiting for more content.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:02 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't been on in a while due to real life stuff but hopefully by the time that is sorted out the game will be considerably further along with its update implementation process.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:09 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
NEVER! I will hand cuff you and make you eat rotten fruit!

I don't blame you. I'm glad I got it so I can be apart of the testing process, but I wouldn't blame anyone for waiting for more content.
BDSM sounds kinda fun!

Old 01-17-2014, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Tons of new additions/changes to the new patch, which hopefully should be on the stable branch soon of DayZ. Looking forward to it big time.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php.../#entry1677908
Old 01-21-2014, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Big fat change log for the experimental branch. Tons of new stuff. It's pretty incredible how much they are adding to this game in such short periods of time.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php...nch-031114500/
Old 02-03-2014, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

https://twitter.com/rocket2guns/stat...78222954360832

YESSS! MOAR ZOMBIES!

Also a huge patch coming to Stable branch on Wednesday. I've played it on the experimental. It adds quite a bit. I am so excited for this damn game.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php...nch-033114782/
Old 02-12-2014, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Haha, they put a 100 player server on the experimental branch. Had some big issues but it was hilarious running around and seeing people just having a massive brawl. 15-20 of us organized in a church and we started to hold out against the swarm of bad people. Turned into a massacre.
Old 02-21-2014, 11:32 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Ah, DayZ. You are a pretty game.

Also, bicycles are confirmed to be coming soon as one of the first vehicles. Also, persistent backpacks (so if you drop one on a server with stuff in it then it stays there.
Old 02-22-2014, 03:18 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Stop hogging the thread!

Old 02-24-2014, 08:00 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dean Hall plans to step down as lead designer of DayZ

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/02/24/de...-of-dayz/#null
Old 02-24-2014, 08:25 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm fine with that. Forenci and I disagree on this one, but I've thought he hasn't been a great developer from the onset. I appreciate the idea of DayZ he brought, and his involvement in the community, but I think the game is much better off in someone else s hands.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 09:01 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

I am torn on it. Hall reminds me of Peter Molyneux with Fable. He consistently over promised and under delivered. Does this mean that Hall is a bad developer or the game is worse off without him? To be honest I don't know.

Hopefully the game doesn't tank and improvements are more consistent and more frequent.
Old 02-24-2014, 09:39 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
I'm fine with that. Forenci and I disagree on this one, but I've thought he hasn't been a great developer from the onset. I appreciate the idea of DayZ he brought, and his involvement in the community, but I think the game is much better off in someone else s hands.
I don't disagree as much as you think. I think Hall is an excellent "idea guy" and a good project leader. I think there are probably numerous instances where the game has struggled because of him taking a hands on approach with programming. In terms of running a team, I think he's damn good at that though. I think that will be a good thing when he runs his own company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
I am torn on it. Hall reminds me of Peter Molyneux with Fable. He consistently over promised and under delivered. Does this mean that Hall is a bad developer or the game is worse off without him? To be honest I don't know.

Hopefully the game doesn't tank and improvements are more consistent and more frequent.
Eh? I sort of disagree with this. When has he "consistently over promised?" The one big time I remember this is saying the standalone would be ready way back when and then they went in a different direction. Other than that, I think if anything, he's always tried to undersell the game. Telling people out right that "it's not a great game right now, don't buy it" does not seem like over promising.

And I'm not too worried. He's not leaving for another 10 months, and he also said he would stay longer if he's needed. By that time, I think it will be beneficial to hand it over to someone else. By that time, vehicles, base building, etc. will all mostly be in (hopefully). Again, I love Hall because he's open and honest and interacts with the community, and because he's got some great ideas that mainstream video game makers would never try.
Old 02-24-2014, 09:49 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

I am talking since the DayZ inception. There has been a ton of promises that have yet to be delivered and we are going on two years.
Old 02-24-2014, 10:55 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's staying for at least another year. He said he'll be on DayZ until both himself and Bohemia decide he is no longer needed.

No changes to the road-map. He simply wants it to be known that he's a very independent person and needs a more open platform to work with.

Honestly after the next year it is probably best for Hall to work on something else. He's an "idea guy" and once they fully release they won't be tacking on huge overarching features.

Dallas Cowboys GM -Forum Mock
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
I am talking since the DayZ inception. There has been a ton of promises that have yet to be delivered and we are going on two years.
Such as what? He's one of the only developers I've ever seen to undersell what is in the game and its current state.
Old 02-24-2014, 02:27 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

I don't know fully. I stopped tracking the game after the mod didn't get an update for a while. Then he announced the standalone.

Granted they are related but my information is outdated and opinionated. Either way its semantics and hopefully in his time and after he leaves they can continue to deliver on what he promised.
Old 02-24-2014, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Okay? So you basically are upset over absolutely nothing then?

Also..the mod continued development and saw a significant number of updates after he left to work on the standalone.
Old 02-24-2014, 02:38 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Okay? So you basically are upset over absolutely nothing then?

Also..the mod continued development and saw a significant number of updates after he left to work on the standalone.
Oh I was never upset. I was just saying it seemed like he was as you guys have put it a big idea guy and less on getting everything done. As time went on it seemed like he lost more and more steam and the development lagged.

Not a slight at Hall I was just saying he reminded me of Peter Molyneux.
Old 02-24-2014, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Oh I was never upset. I was just saying it seemed like he was as you guys have put it a big idea guy and less on getting everything done. As time went on it seemed like he lost more and more steam and the development lagged.

Not a slight at Hall I was just saying he reminded me of Peter Molyneux.
I was confused because you said he wasn't delivering on promises but then couldn't cite any examples of it.

And honestly, it's impossible to judge what he can and cannot deliver, considering the game is just in early alpha now and this is his first real game. I think people forget that sometimes.

This is just my opinion, having closely followed the development of this game, but I think Hall wanted to take the game in a slightly different direction but Bohemia has the final say and that's been one of his big reasons for not staying longer. That and he wants to go home. Can't blame the guy for that.

I think he wants to be an independent developer so he can make his dream games. I just think the reaction, particularly on Reddit, has been hilarious.

"HE STOLE OUR MONEY! HE'S A QUITTER!"

He created the game, he has set the road map and development direction, and now he's managing the team and developing the game to what it will need to be. In a year or perhaps longer he will pass the torch. That is not uncommon or a bad thing.
Old 02-24-2014, 02:53 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Yeah I am not upset. As long as the game continues to develop and eventually become a quality game I won't complain about the money I spent to buy it. Hall or no Hall as long as I get quality play time I won't *****.

As for what I was getting at. I was just trying to say that I don't know if him leaving is a good or bad thing as I have a feeling a team of dedicated developers could do what he is trying to accomplish at a quicker pace but it being his brain child how well can they keep the original vision.

Last edited by ImBrotherCain : 02-24-2014 at 02:56 PM.
ImBrotherCain is offline   Reply With Quote