Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-05-2014, 03:06 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought it was Eaves going to Nashville? edit - I guess it was both.

Sabres got Neuvirth and 20 games of Klesla's cap hit in the Halak trade.

Enroth and Neuvirth are both signed through next year. Nothing thrilling for the time being.

Last edited by SuperMcGee : 03-05-2014 at 03:11 PM.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimD View Post
If we gave up Jarnkrok, I'm all aboard the fire Ken Holland train

I don't even think I'm being irrational. He's been utter **** for years (other than Alfie and Gus)
I call shotgun.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 03:13 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've never been this type of fan, but I almost hope We miss the playoffs so Kenny gets the axe.

We could have Yzerman or Nill....

*edit: okay, that first statement is irrational. But I'm not happy about this.

Last edited by TimD : 03-05-2014 at 03:15 PM.
TimD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, the Islanders are dumb. Poor Tavares.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimD View Post
I've never been this type of fan, but I almost hope We miss the playoffs so Kenny gets the axe.

We could have Yzerman or Nill....

*edit: okay, that first statement is irrational. But I'm not happy about this.
Ax Kenny bring Yzerman home.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 03-05-2014, 03:29 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

from helene st james -

"The Wings sent little-used forward Patrick Eaves, a prospect to be named and a third-round draft pick to Nashville in return."

i think i'm ok with that. i still don't think legwand is what the team needs, but at least we didn't apparently give up anything of real value for him.

edit: nm, now that the prospect has been named elsewhere.

Last edited by njx9 : 03-05-2014 at 03:32 PM.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wings gave up Jarnkrok. That really sucks. I'd bet on Legwand re-signing with Detroit though. I could see them trading Darren Helm this summer easily.
Old 03-05-2014, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
from helene st james -

"The Wings sent little-used forward Patrick Eaves, a prospect to be named and a third-round draft pick to Nashville in return."

i think i'm ok with that. i still don't think legwand is what the team needs, but at least we didn't apparently give up anything of real value for him.

edit: nm, now that the prospect has been named elsewhere.
3rd rounder also becomes a 2nd if the Wings make the playoffs.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 03-05-2014, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trading Janrkrok...

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 03:51 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

i hope everyone (not just here, reddit was an explosion of idiots who couldn't understand why we wouldn't just trade sammy for kesler straight up) complaining about the lack of moves is happy.

/slightly miffed.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 03:53 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hire Darcy. Doooo it.
Old 03-05-2014, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i hope everyone (not just here, reddit was an explosion of idiots who couldn't understand why we wouldn't just trade sammy for kesler straight up) complaining about the lack of moves is happy.

/slightly miffed.
Reddit hockey?!

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 04:03 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Someone should tell Holland that "prospects to be named later" are supposed to be non-prospects.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 04:07 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll take Meszaros for a third, I wouldn't have guessed he was the guy but this is the kind of move I expected. No way were we giving up a roster player like Reilly Smith, prospects, and maybe picks for a big time guy like Girardi. Could we use him? Yeah, but this is definitely more of a Charelli move and probably the best bet when you look at both the short term and the long term. I will take it.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 04:17 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job Reborn View Post
Trade away a good player who's got nice chemistry with your team's captain and best player, plus a 1st round pick and a 2nd round pick for Thomas Vanek, when you're nowhere close to being ready to contend. Then proceed to trade Vanek away for what is basically two 2nd round picks.

Nice investment, Isles.
At least the 1st rounder was this year and not the McDavid year, I guess.
Old 03-05-2014, 04:27 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Looks like we got two 2nds from Minnesota but also gave two to LA. Plus a 3rd to Washington, so kind of a net loss of picks today but a nice prospect out of it. Fasching is really the only thing we got that excites me, and I guess the picks from Minnesota are solid recoup. Neuvirth is nothing special but can take starts during a rough period, Klesla is just an expiring salary take, Mitchell is just another roster player. Really not too sure how much I expect from Deslauriers but Jensen gave the good word on him.

Some people thought Myers could have been moved, but 1) I don't know if anyone really likes his contract and 2) He has been so good lately I don't want him to go he will be the best

Current roster looking something like:

Hodgson, Stafford, Ennis, Stewart, Leino, Girgensons, Foligno, Conacher, Mitchell, Flynn, D'Agostini, Konopka, Ellis, Scott

Ehrhoff, Myers, Tallinder, Klesla, Weber, McBain, Sulzer

Enroth, Neuvirth

My goodness.
Old 03-05-2014, 04:36 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
At least the 1st rounder was this year and not the McDavid year, I guess.
That's up to the Islanders, it can be this year or next year's first. Do they give up what looks like a top-5 pick this year or give up one from a stronger draft thinking that they will be better than they are now?
Old 03-05-2014, 06:02 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What can you tell me about Moulson Mcgee? Worth the two seconds?
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 06:17 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
That's up to the Islanders, it can be this year or next year's first. Do they give up what looks like a top-5 pick this year or give up one from a stronger draft thinking that they will be better than they are now?
They almost have to give up this year's pick. You can't be the GM who gave up McDavid for Vanek.
Old 03-05-2014, 06:35 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123
What can you tell me about Moulson Mcgee? Worth the two seconds?
I suppose, though you guys have now already given up four high picks to us between 2013 and 2016. His scoring rate was down while here (not surprising) but he still proved to be a good finisher around the net. Not normally as flashy as Ennis or Hodgson can be but he was always one of our best forwards along with those two. Generally an effective player that managed to produce at better rate than anyone else on our team this year, outside of Vanek. I probably gave you the same line about Pominville last year, but he should slide seamlessly into almost any top-6. It probably looks better if you can keep him with a not awful deal, since I personally don't see Minnesota going very far in the playoffs this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan
They almost have to give up this year's pick. You can't be the GM who gave up McDavid for Vanek.
Well everyone knows the Sabres are getting McDavid either way, so it's a moot point in my eyes!

If they want to be known for letting us have McDavid and Eichel, I am okay with that.
Old 03-05-2014, 06:38 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
I suppose, though you guys have now already given up four high picks to us between 2013 and 2016. His scoring rate was down while here (not surprising) but he still proved to be a good finisher around the net. Not normally as flashy as Ennis or Hodgson can be but he was always one of our best forwards along with those two. Generally an effective player that managed to produce at better rate than anyone else on our team this year, outside of Vanek. I probably gave you the same line about Pominville last year, but he should slide seamlessly into almost any top-6. It probably looks better if you can keep him with a not awful deal, since I personally don't see Minnesota going very far in the playoffs this year.

For what its worth, I think Torrey Mitchell can be a decent contributor on the third or fourth line for you guys. Always liked his speed, even if it didn't make up for him thinking that he was good enough to complain about playing time and reportedly ask for a trade.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 06:43 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've already told you Mcgee, you're not getting McDavid.
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 06:55 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

But what if I told you that I really, really, really want him?
Old 03-05-2014, 07:09 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I really want a Stanley Cup, but that ain't happening.

However I'm not an unreasonable man. As long as Canada gets one Bills game a year, I'll gladly concede him to you.
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 07:30 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

WHATEVER I DON'T NEED YOUR SAY SO. WE'LL TAKE EICHEL AND HE'S GONNA WIN 15 CUPS AND 5 GOLD MEDALS AND THEN WE'RE GONNA LAUGH IN YOUR FACE RUFUS. THEN WHAT. WHAT THEN. THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT sorry, I got excited