Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts A Place to Post and Discuss Your Own Mock Drafts

Old 03-06-2014, 10:36 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default A Combine over-reaction by Poz51 top 20.

I wasnt going to put this out, but what the hell. My comments are based on comments (player and commentators), observations and other internet based rants I saw, read and heard during the combine. A fun one, enjoy :)

Combine Over-Reaction Mock
2014 NFL Mock Draft
v.4.0

Round 1
1 – Houston – Jedaveon Clowney (DE – S. Carolina)
Best athlete in the draft, pairing him with Watt would scare even a caveman. Not to mention Watt will light a fire under his @$$, and motivate him to be all he can be. He ran down, then past Manziel, I saw it at the combine on simulcast. QB? What do you mean, Houston don’t need no stinking QB, how do you think we landed Clowney?
Grade: #1 Pick

2 – St. Louis (via. Washington) – Taylor Lewan (LT – Michigan)
Best athlete of the three top rated tackles, its true, I saw it at the combine. Who needs one Jake Long when you can have two, including the wanna be. The draft is about athletes and speed. Lewan put on a show at the combine, dog… pony… as the Rock says “It doesn’t matter… Gibroni.”
Grade: Top 10

3 – Jacksonville – Khalil Mack (OLB – Buffalo)
Mayock would take him #1, so he’s a steal at three. Even the Shans of Sunset know QB’s can be found later in the draft. That’s when you take multiple QB’s, not round one, rounds 2-7 Brady, Brees, Wilson and there likes can all be had later… We'll get two just for $h!ts and giggles...
Grade: Top 5

4 – Cleveland – Sammy Watkins (WR – Clemson)
Freak, blazed the combine, lit that $%!t up. We’ll get Bridgewater or Gorillio later… In Hoyer we trust.

5 – Oakland – Johnny Manziel (QB – Texas A & M)
Johnny has big feet and hands, you know what that means! Bow-chicka-wow-wow... Who needs to stay in the pocket and throw, making reads is over hyped anyways. Doritos Bee-atch. Houston watch out, Johnny Football has his sights set on you…
Grade: 1st Round

6 – Atlanta – Greg Robinson (LT – Auburn)
Houston we have a problem, you took Clowney, we want him, he wants us. WTF? I thought we were boys? The internet people said it was so, whyyyyy me!!

7 – Tampa Bay – Jake Matthews (LT – Texas A & M)
He’s the next Joe Thomas, I saw it during the combine.
Grade: #1 Pick

8 – Minnesota – Blake Bortles (QB – U.C.F.)
Competes when others refuse. Breaks a dusting of a sweat when others won’t compete. Competed for 4 quarters all season long, when others would not even run a 40 or throw a ball at a combine. Steal.

9 – Buffalo – Mike Evans (WR – Texas A & M)
His catching radius is huge, you know what that means; Bow-chicka-wow-wow!!

10 – Detroit – Justin Gilbert (CB – Ok. St.)
Dudes with big 40 times always pan out, I saw the list on NFL network, Patrick Peterson’s name was on it, and now so is Justin Gilbert. You know what they say about dudes with big 40 times…
Grade: Top 20

11 – Tennessee – Anthony Barr (OLB – U.C.L.A.)
You can play the strong side with no strength and poor hand usage, I read it on the internet… Same ten yard split as Clowney and Mack, but QB’s always retreat 40 yards back before being sacked…. Thus a fall.

12 – N.Y.G. – Zach Martin (G/T – Notre Dame)
Its all about showing you are as consistent in shorts as you are on tape, thats the combine, being consistent in shorts. Consistency and moving in shorts, its that simple.

13 – St. Louis – Ha Ha Clinton-Dix (S – Alabama)
Hey Sean? "Hunting, fishing and football?" That’s a three sum we all can agree on!!

14 – Chicago – Aaron Donald (DT – Pitt.)
Combine and cha-ching!!! That is what the combine is all about, making that paper… John Randle 2.0, that’s what they said at the combine.

15 – Pittsburgh – Darqueze Dennard (CB – Michigan St.)
Gilberts time was fast, Dennards was... fast enough to go behind Gilbert. Who needs game tape? Its all about combine numbers and falling to the Steelers doesn’t bother Darqueze, who needs Doritos when you have a no fly zone.

16 – Dallas – Rashede Hageman (DT – Minnesota)
Freaking Donald had to go and put on a show…. Jerry mad, Jerry very mad…

17 – Baltimore – Donte Moncrief (WR – Ole Miss)
“Feed Moncrief.” More than a video, a way of life… 4.4 Bee-atches!!
Grade: top 20

18 – N.Y.J. – Eric Ebron (TE – U.N.C.)
Athletic tight ends, are better than non athletic tight ends, its true, I heard it at the combine. Mismatches in space with athletes.

19 – Miami – Bradley Roby (CB – O.S.U.)
Sub 4.4 forty, cha-ching!! Who needs tape, its all about the combine just ask Dar… I mean Justin… Dudes with big 40 times….
Grade: 2nd Round

20 – Arizona – Teddy Bridgewater (QB – Louisville)
Competing at the combine is over-rated. I do not compete or even run, there for I fall… Yawn "I'll show'em at my pro-day, they dont care about competing in the NFL." #over-rated
Old 03-06-2014, 10:46 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If this is a combine overreaction, why do you have Lewan ahead of Robinson and his freakish combine numbers?
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 10:48 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
If this is a combine overreaction, why do you have Lewan ahead of Robinson and his freakish combine numbers?
Because Lewan's were better in everything but the bench.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft/combine/_/id/46
Old 03-06-2014, 11:26 AM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You could have at least gave us a whole mock man it's March now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 11:44 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by shylo3716 View Post
You could have at least gave us a whole mock man it's March now.
Im working on it now (I cant wait to see the reaction of how Atlanta ends up with the #1 pick, it could be epic ;) ), this was just a fun one. This was just a fun one, something like a spoof of the combine and all the hype surrounding it and its results in a way. Its not really anything serious. I almost did it last year, but should have probably just kept this on the shelf. I am hoping to have this one I am working on done next week, hopefully 4-5rounds.

Only 2 short months till the real thing....
Old 03-06-2014, 06:22 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Teddy >> Bortles, but I'd be down with either.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 08:35 PM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Teddy >> Bortles, but I'd be down with either.
I think people are missing the point of this.

In reality I actually have Bortles ahead of Bridgewater, but the consensus seems to agree with you. I actually have Mettenberger ahead of Manziel too while we are on the subject...

I don't think Minny has a chance at either without trading up in reality.
Old 03-06-2014, 08:40 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this rams draft makes me laugh. Also I hate it

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 08:58 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No thanks on Roby.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:35 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
No thanks on Roby.
Could not agree more, if the combine hype is to be believed, dear god...
Old 03-07-2014, 09:36 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
this rams draft makes me laugh. Also I hate it
True that... Although Ha Ha would not be so bad?? I think...
Old 03-07-2014, 10:13 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poz51 View Post
True that... Although Ha Ha would not be so bad?? I think...
I'd rather sign a veteran FA saftey instead of drafting another young saftey at pick #13 to pair with T.J. McDonald, and I'm not 100% on Clinton-Dix.

Old 03-07-2014, 10:50 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I'd rather sign a veteran FA saftey instead of drafting another young saftey at pick #13 to pair with T.J. McDonald, and I'm not 100% on Clinton-Dix.
Thats fair enough, I actually was not sold on him either, but am now and think he is a looooong shot for the Bills at 9. My "real deal" mock I am working on has the Rams trading down with the Falcons picking up a 2015 first, 2014 3rd and 4th rounders and pick 6 in this draft. Then picking Robinson and Evans at 6 and 13, and am in the first still over all.

Thumbs up or down on the real attempt so far?
Old 03-07-2014, 10:54 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

It was a good attempt but why stop at 20?

also I don't get that you rate Jake Matthews (#1 pick) and Greg Robinson higher and yet you give us Taylor Lewan? Doesn't make sense to me if you're already giving us a OT

Old 03-07-2014, 11:05 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

also I don't get that you rate Jake Matthews (#1 pick) and Greg Robinson higher and yet you give us Taylor Lewan? Doesn't make sense to me if you're already giving us a OT
It was meant to be a joke mock...overreaction to workout #s
Old 03-07-2014, 11:17 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:

This was kind of Spoof type, over reaction mock based on the combine and all the reactions the commentors, internet folks, and players themselves made. Its not a real attempt, maybe partially real, but really only for fun. Kind of a sarcastic mock that was poking fun at the combine and things surrounding it. I just did a top twenty because I had an hour to kill watching a post combine wrap up show one night and was bored.
I didnt think people would get it, and for the most part they have not. Which is why I did not put out a similar version last year.
The ranking are my own, the players went based mostly on thier combine results, hence Lewan first, because he was the most "athletic" based on the combine results.
The real mock I am working on will make more sense, but I have the Rams going with Robinson over Matthews despite my rankings because I think he is a better fit for what they want to do, and his upside. I think Matthews is better technically and personally I would take him first as I know what I am getting with him, and I personally like proven commodities over potential. If I saw more proven pass protection ability out of Robinson on tape, I would have him ahead of Matthews and both being worthy #1 picks.
I dont make picks soley on my rankings, I try to include scheme fits and percieved value as well when I do mocks. I try to include my values just to put a unique spin on them, but I dont do them soley on my own rankings.
Old 03-07-2014, 11:19 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
It was meant to be a joke mock...overreaction to workout #s
yes sir, for the most part your are correct! Some of the interviews, like Dix talking about hunting and fishing, Martin talking about moving in shorts were hilarious as well. To me at least...