Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-11-2013, 02:22 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I mean, to each their own. I'm not really a car guy. I feel I can get an equal product for less money that is more efficient than many of the more expensive luxury cars and SUVs. Outside of A/C and having a radio, I don't really care much about what a car comes with. The fact my Civic came standard with a USB port so I could plug in my iPod and play it through my stereo was just an added bonus but certainly not something I would pay extra for.

A car is a car to me. As long as it's reliable, safe, efficient and gets me where I need to go that's all I care about. I'd rather dump more money into other things of importance. But hey, if you want and can afford something nice who am I to say it's silly?

I've never understood people who want to be higher in a car though. Maybe it's because I'm tall and don't really feel like I have that issue. My girlfriend is five feet and she says she feels safer in a higher car but I don't really understand. Unless you're in a massive car you can't really see more being higher up. Usually if you're something in high up the hood is longer so it negates that ability to see more below you.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:28 AM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'm leasing a new 2013 hyundai elantra. it's a very smooth ride and a lot roomier than it seems. 28 mpg for me.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:48 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I'm ever in a market for a new car this will be it, Toyota FJ.

But my 2004 honda is only at 99k miles with no problems.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:56 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How is the new Toyota Fj as far as comfort goes? It kind of sucks it is not a four door.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 05:34 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone have experience with haggling? I'm terrible at it, but wondering how far down a dealer will go. I am looking in the 10-15k range, but it seems like the best bets are closer to 16k or the ones between 10-15k are just a tad much for what I'm getting.
Old 03-19-2014, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Anyone have experience with haggling? I'm terrible at it, but wondering how far down a dealer will go. I am looking in the 10-15k range, but it seems like the best bets are closer to 16k or the ones between 10-15k are just a tad much for what I'm getting.
My theory has always been you're going to get a grand off on just about anything so don't settle for anything less than that. And be dead serious about walking away if you don't like the deal.

With interest rates on cars near zero you might even be able to get something new. Even if it's more than you want to spend you can usually get longer lengths on payments to the point where they're within your budget.

I'm taking it i can't interest you in a new Corvette.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 06:58 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
My theory has always been you're going to get a grand off on just about anything so don't settle for anything less than that. And be dead serious about walking away if you don't like the deal.

With interest rates on cars near zero you might even be able to get something new. Even if it's more than you want to spend you can usually get longer lengths on payments to the point where they're within your budget.

I'm taking it i can't interest you in a new Corvette.
Wouldn't want one if it was free, to be honest. And a new car might be an option for me to explore. I really want a CRV, Rav4, or Forester, but I don't like the $/mileage ratios on used. So I'm looking at hatchbacks. Mazda3, Mazda5 (technically a minivan), Fit, xD, and Matrix.

Car shopping is just exhausting. Too many options, too many factors (e.g. looking at hatchbacks, knowing a Camry/Accord is way more car for the money). $1000 is probably pretty accurate. I found the real trick once I did a bit more research on the issue. Just look at the trade-in value because that's likely what they paid for it.

Only looking because my 96 Civic was hit, and I just can't get motivated to do regular maintenance on it anymore (front driver's side is a bit jacked up). Also tired of parking it down the street so girls don't see my ride until they're already under my spell. I make too much money to drive a jacked up car.

Last edited by nepg : 03-19-2014 at 07:03 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 07:12 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wouldn't want one if it was free, to be honest. And a new car might be an option for me to explore. I really want a CRV, Rav4, or Forester, but I don't like the $/mileage ratios on used. So I'm looking at hatchbacks. Mazda3, Mazda5 (technically a minivan), Fit, xD, and Matrix.

Car shopping is just exhausting. Too many options, too many factors (e.g. looking at hatchbacks, knowing a Camry/Accord is way more car for the money). $1000 is probably pretty accurate. I found the real trick once I did a bit more research on the issue. Just look at the trade-in value because that's likely what they paid for it.

Only looking because my 96 Civic was hit, and I just can't get motivated to do regular maintenance on it anymore (front driver's side is a bit jacked up). Also tired of parking it down the street so girls don't see my ride until they're already under my spell. I make too much money to drive a jacked up car.
Look into a scion FRS, or kia optima.

there are a lot of options, and the best way to limit them is set your price range, and then test drive as much as you want.
Old 03-19-2014, 07:42 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tacoma. Just do it. You will be happy.

Tips: Try to buy it through a salesman who doesn't earn commission off your sale, but rather gets paid based on volume sales. These are usually really successful long term salesmen or internet salesmen.

Don't let them talk you down on monthly payments. They'll finagle anything in trying to lower that number and then say something like "Can you afford this much every month?" That number might be low and affordable, but instead get them to talk about the total price of the vehicle. Talk that price down. NOT the monthlys.

Try to do your research on where you will get your loan from. If your credit union or bank can get you a lower rate then the dealership, that's good to know.

Always stay on top of your credit. The higher your credit, the lower your interest rates.

If you are doing a trade in with your old car, don't bring that up until the end of your sale. Get them to lower their final price, not the price you are trying to negotiate.

Last edited by D-Unit : 03-19-2014 at 07:50 PM.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 09:07 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

I've already gotten pre-approved through my credit union.
Old 03-20-2014, 01:02 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Check out Costco too. You can buy cars through them with no hassle. Never did it myself, but coworkers have.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 10:21 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Check out Costco too. You can buy cars through them with no hassle. Never did it myself, but coworkers have.
Yeah but then you have to buy a 12-pack I assume.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 10:25 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat316 View Post
kia optima.
this x a million.

I just got a 2013 kia optima in October and I can see myself driving this thing for the next 15 years. The new Kia's come standard with 10 year, 100k Mile warranty, plus all the rebates you get from them. I drove a Nissan Maxima for about 2.5 years, and it was a fun car for the first year or so, then i realized how terrible it was on gas, had to use premium fuel, and I was upside down horribly on my loan. The Kia Optima will have equity for a long time due to the warranty, despite how many miles i put on it (my lease is avg. 12k over 4 years). I'm very happy with my purchase, and I'm not getting rid of this car until it gets totaled by another driver, or it takes a **** on me (i'm anal about cars so I am always up to date on oil changes and maintenance, i also keep detailed records of all work done on my cars if I decide to sell them later on).

The other cool thing about kia is that they hired one of Audi's former design people and now their interiors are boarder line luxury even on the base models.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.

Last edited by vikes_28 : 03-20-2014 at 10:28 PM.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 10:40 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Walk away at least once. You have the advantage, there's a car dealer on every corner, they have no idea who else you've talked to, and they have to sell a certain number of cars.

If you start negotiating and they think you're serious about buying the car and you walk away to go see something else or think about it, theres a very good chance the salesman calls you back and says his boss let him go lower. And if he hasn't walked away to ask his boss yet, you haven't hit the price he's allowed to go to.

As for a car, I'm obsessed with the Grand Cherokee I bought a few years ago. Big fan of the Subaru Legacy my dad and brother each have.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Last edited by Smooth Criminal : 03-20-2014 at 10:43 PM.
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 11:16 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

They've certainly found a nice aesthetic, but Kia still has a ways to go before I make that large of an investment in their product. Optimas look nice, but they're priced the same as Accords and Camrys with no where near the same resale value.
Old 03-21-2014, 06:54 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Suburu built to last. And vw
Old 03-21-2014, 07:58 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Suburu built to last. And vw
Yeah, I'm looking for a Toyota, Honda, or Subaru. Mazda is in the mix because the 3hb and 5 seem to fit what I'm looking for. There's too much risk in newer VW's for me.
Old 03-21-2014, 07:59 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, I'm looking for a Toyota, Honda, or Subaru. Mazda is in the mix because the 3hb and 5 seem to fit what I'm looking for. There's too much risk in newer VW's for me.
I don't own a Mazda, but my folks drive one and it's a great car. No problems at all in the past 3-4 years.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 08:09 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

I don't think you should be concerned about resale value, unless you plan to switch cars in a few years.

I like buy cars, and use them till they can't be used no more, or take to much to repair. Of course regular maintenance is required.
Old 03-21-2014, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I got pre-approved for a loan from my bank and I didn't have a trade-in; also, I walked into the dealer knowing which car I wanted and had a price that I wouldn't go over. I started well below that (by about 2500). When I went in, I told them I didn't have a trade-in and that I was looking to purchase today, having been pre-approved. When I didn't get the offer I wanted, I walked out, but the sales guy caught up with me and gave me the deal I wanted. It all worked out.

Quote:
I drive this (in silver) and I love it. Granted, I'm not that tall (5'8"), so a small car doesn't bother me.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 06:59 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

I eliminated Mazdas from my list. Just too many potential problems. Just going to stick with Toyota and Honda brands (Suburu is too expensive). Forced myself to get out to a lot today because I really need experience dealing with salesmen before I am ready to make a deal. Went to a Honda lot and then a Toyota lot on the way back. Honda guy showed me what I wanted to see, Toyota guy was really pushing new cars. Toyota guy really wanted to get a Matrix sold (no longer being manufactured). I actually really like the Matrix, but it's just too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I got pre-approved for a loan from my bank and I didn't have a trade-in; also, I walked into the dealer knowing which car I wanted and had a price that I wouldn't go over. I started well below that (by about 2500). When I went in, I told them I didn't have a trade-in and that I was looking to purchase today, having been pre-approved. When I didn't get the offer I wanted, I walked out, but the sales guy caught up with me and gave me the deal I wanted. It all worked out.

I drive this (in silver) and I love it. Granted, I'm not that tall (5'8"), so a small car doesn't bother me.
Yeah, I'm 6'3 so I really have to be careful. I don't quite fit in a Fit, ironically (I wasn't expecting an issue since I drive a Civic and have heard other tall people loving on the car). There's just no room to stretch my legs, and I'd get some bad fatigue on long drives (which I make at least once a week). I do fit in the xD and the Matrix, though.

How much did they come down on the price in the end?

Quote:
I don't think you should be concerned about resale value, unless you plan to switch cars in a few years.

I like buy cars, and use them till they can't be used no more, or take to much to repair. Of course regular maintenance is required.
I drive my cars until there's nothing left of them, too. But I'm not going to act like there might not be a problem at some point. I want something I can gracefully get rid of should the need arise. The resale value is more indicative of the actual worth of the vehicle, and most cars have higher resale than others for good reasons.
Old 03-26-2014, 09:14 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm looking to buy a car sometime this year. I've never done it and I'm afraid my negotiating skills won't be very good. I've seen that truecar.com basically gives you a guaranteed offer price. Is that a good way to go or should I man up a do in person negotiating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 09:46 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd try negotiating through email. I'm not good in person either and if I was in the market that's how I'd start.

I actually have no idea what I would be looking at if was looking at a new car. I've had my Rx-8 since 2006 and I haven't even thought about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 09:52 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
I'm looking to buy a car sometime this year. I've never done it and I'm afraid my negotiating skills won't be very good. I've seen that truecar.com basically gives you a guaranteed offer price. Is that a good way to go or should I man up a do in person negotiating.
Call several dealerships after you decide on a car. Let them know you are calling many dealerships and looking to buy TODAY. You want the best price. You will be calling other dealerships to get their best price. Whoever is lowest will be the one who is getting your money.

Start with the car that is lowest in miles/highest in price. Tell them what the lowest listed price you have found in a similar range. Make sure you let them know this will be the final offer you will listen to. They may not give you a price and just re-state the list price. Say okay you will go to another dealer.

They may ask you to hold or let you go at this point. You keep moving down the line until you are at the lowest priced car. Those are usually the ones that have been on the lot for a long time and are priced nearer to the bottom of their sale price. Still ask for less citing that the other cars have less miles or features you like. This should be true if the dealers are dealing with you straight.

Remember, THE DEALER NEEDS TO SELL CARS. You will get calls back, always say you gave them a chance to give a best offer, but you found a better one. They usually give you a lower price or get angry. Tell them to **** off unless its a spectacular deal.

I got a 2k off my used car using this method. Keeps you from driving around from dealer to dealer and puts the pressure on the other guys. Always remember, they need to get you in the car. You don't need to take any pressure, just move on if they start anything you don't like.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 10:08 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Also, conveniently, I've read that end of the month and end of the quarter are really good times to buy. End of the quarter is coming up this weekend (probably why the Toyota guy was trying to get rid of that Matrix).