Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Indianapolis Colts Team Forum

Indianapolis Colts Team Forum Discuss the Colts

Old 03-11-2014, 09:54 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am hoping Pagano can adjust the system. Ravens and Steelers have had great defenses with excellent safeties and solid-but-unspectacular corners. It's not like having Davis made the defense consistently great or even good.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 10:11 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Davis was inconsistent, but so was our defense, and it seems like Defense's performance mirrored his performance.

He was a beast vs. Peyton and our defense did a great job.

He struggled vs. Bengals and we got torched.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 11:37 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't get me wrong, I wanted him back. But not for $10 mil/year.

i done stole dis sig
Old 03-13-2014, 04:44 PM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vontae was signed to a long term deal. He needs to play more consistently but he seems to have the natural talent to play CB in this system. Let's hope Werner takes a step up as a pass rusher and we find another one in the draft or FA. We can't have Mathis be the lone threat to get to the QB on a constant basis. We also signed Arthur Jones to a 5 year deal. From what I read he's a good run stopper but doesn't offer a great deal as a pass rusher.
Old 03-13-2014, 06:27 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who else are we after? Mack? Nicks?
Old 03-13-2014, 09:06 PM    (permalink
pattonsc88
Rookie

pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope they still go after Mack, he would do wonders for shoring up the interior. As for Nicks his play the last couple of years has been less then stellar and I'm seriously afraid that Grigson will overpay for him.
pattonsc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:58 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I really hope Colts signed Phil Costa just for depth.

He is just Satele 2.0
Old 03-14-2014, 09:53 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Yeah that Phil Costa, what a great signing. The guy that can't snap and hasn't had meaningful playing time since 2011. Glad we rushed out on day 3 of FA to sign this guy. No need to sign one of the four available starting-caliber centers. We got Costa.

i done stole dis sig
Old 03-14-2014, 09:58 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Honestly, I would rather just have McGlynn as Center for 1 more year.
Old 03-14-2014, 10:02 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Are you guys aware of the circumstances of McGlynn's arrival here?

He was signed as a center. He expected to be starting center. Then Grigson signed Satele to a higher contract and so McGlynn was stuck at guard. This came out during a local radio interview here in Indy. Not much has been written about it, if anything.

I've gotten the impression that McGlynn is pissed about the way he has been treated and isn't interested in staying here. Not that it appears Grigson made any effort to retain him (why would he).

I'm not impressed with Grigson at all, really.

i done stole dis sig
Old 03-15-2014, 11:12 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

So it's pretty clear which 2 positions they will need to address during the draft (assuming they are pretty much done with FA).

FS and C.
Old 03-15-2014, 10:04 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
So it's pretty clear which 2 positions they will need to address during the draft (assuming they are pretty much done with FA).

FS and C.
It is sad too because this years reciever class is so talented...

Yeah I want Weston Richburg and Jimmie Ward.

Edit: Terrance Brooks is also another guy to look out for.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.

Last edited by RCAChainGang : 03-15-2014 at 10:21 PM.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 10:16 PM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

EDS signing with Tampa for 4 years ~14m hurt a bit. I know Mack is the golden goose, but if we picked up EDS for that price I'd be pretty pleased. With the cap room we have left currently, we probably could've afforded EDS & Byrd, which would have made this an A+ FA.

Really liked the first two days of FA, Nicks was good, but not much since then.
Old 03-16-2014, 01:09 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Love the Nicks signing. Hope he becomes our WR1.

Still waiting on a real center.

i done stole dis sig
Old 03-17-2014, 03:11 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I'm afraid we are going to have to wait for the draft for Center or FS.

I've loved Jimmie Ward as a roaming FS but NFL.com definitely disagrees with me. Here is their analysis from the combine.

Quote:
STRENGTHS
Flies around the field. Aggressive run supporter. Shoots downhill and chops down ball carriers. Breaks on throws and shows short-area burst to close. Has quick hands to snatch interceptions. Confident and energetic. Productive -- registered 300 tackles and 11 INTs in three seasons as a starter. Has a special-teams mentality and four blocked kicks to his credit.

WEAKNESSES
Size is just adequate -- lacks ideal bulk and is built more like a cornerback than a safety. Can be a tick late diagnosing pass, gaining depth and digesting route combos. Lacks elite top-end speed. Has man-coverage limitations. Inconsistent downfield ball reactions with his back to the throw. Limited functional strength to discard blockers when he gets snagged. Shows lower-body stiffness in space. Has some maturing to do and needs to learn what it means to prepare like a pro. Could rub some people the wrong way.

BOTTOM LINE
Wiry, active, aggressive strong safety at his best playing downhill and reacting to plays in front him. Lacks starter-caliber size, instincts, range and cover skills, but could serve as a backup and special-teams contributor.
I disagree with a lot of this from what I have seen. You guys might not have the time but check out some of his stuff and see what you think. I'm interested if he could fit as FS with us.

VS FSU

VS Utah State

VS Toledo

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
Old 03-17-2014, 07:42 AM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you're driving in the Carmel area, watch out for drunken Colts owners.

http://www.wsbt.com/sports/police-ar...irsay/25012112
Old 03-17-2014, 09:06 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

A lot of NFL.com evals seem off. I don't think Ward projects as a SS at all.

And yeah, Irsay's DUI is all we're going to hear about the rest of the offseason. I understand addiction is difficult but paying someone to drive you around when you're a billionaire is not difficult.

i done stole dis sig
Old 03-17-2014, 09:11 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Why do we have to be stuck with a 3rd biggest imbecile owner?
Old 03-17-2014, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

4 felonies is a bit harsh...

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:47 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

Can we just pray for him and not talk about it? It is all I'm going to see on Colts analysis.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Old 03-19-2014, 08:17 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

The more I watch Joyner, the more I want him to be a Colt.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Old 03-26-2014, 10:08 PM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

After reading what Grigson and Pags have been saying this week, I think Center and Safety might not be in play at pick #59. Getting the idea that we're going to be targeting pass rushers, corner backs and possibly a guard.
Old 03-27-2014, 01:04 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingColt View Post
After reading what Grigson and Pags have been saying this week, I think Center and Safety might not be in play at pick #59. Getting the idea that we're going to be targeting pass rushers, corner backs and possibly a guard.
If they are serious about BPA then I think a WR would be best.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Old 03-27-2014, 08:38 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

WR? Maybe. It's hardly a need but any of the top 10 would be good value in the late 2nd. CB is also pretty deep. And if Jimmie Ward or Gabe Jackson are available in the 2nd it'll be a punch in the gut to pass on either.

i done stole dis sig
Old 03-27-2014, 08:54 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

There is a lot of talk among Colts' fans if Howell can be a full-time starter, but I'm honestly less worried about him and Landry, who is just mediocre right now.

In general I don't see a starting-caliber safety on our roster.

FO seems high on Holmes. I hope they are right.