Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Denver Broncos Team Forum

Denver Broncos Team Forum Discuss the Broncos

Old 03-14-2014, 06:08 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbathia View Post
Daryl Smith gone. Running out of mlb options.
That's pretty much par for the course for this team. I'm not expecting much more than some combo of one of our young backup guys + a mid/late draft pick + some cheap vet to tide us over.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 04:47 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds like Emmanuel Sanders will be joining our crop of new additions. Should be a nice weapon on offense with that speed, and hopefully will take over the KR duties.
Old 03-16-2014, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
Sounds like Emmanuel Sanders will be joining our crop of new additions. Should be a nice weapon on offense with that speed, and hopefully will take over the KR duties.
Yeah, cautiously optimistic. His agent sounds like a douche though.
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbathia View Post
Yeah, cautiously optimistic. His agent sounds like a douche though.
Douche indeed but didn't drive a particularly hard bargain - 3 year / $15 mil contract with $6 mil guaranteed. Considering what Decker ended up getting and how Sanders is probably a better complement to our other guys in terms of skill set, it looks like a pretty good move.
Old 03-16-2014, 11:26 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

as long as sanders doesn't spend 90% of each game complaining about flags (for the first 3/4 of the season), i'm ok with that 'trade'.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 04:58 PM    (permalink
touchdownmaker
Rookie

touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do you guys have enough cap room to bring in CJ 2k?
touchdownmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 05:05 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

no, we won't be singing anyone else for more than the minimum. and i can't imagine wasting it on a bad running back.
Old 03-20-2014, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
no, we won't be singing anyone else for more than the minimum. and i can't imagine wasting it on a bad running back.
Yeah, I think RB is pretty much going to on the cheap / through the draft to provide us with a decent rotation.
Old 05-07-2014, 10:48 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Some buzz about us moving up in round 1:

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/464185144145100801

https://twitter.com/MoveTheSticks/st...97386169253888

Highest I could see us going is 13. Probably in the 15-19 range. The 3 CBs (Dennard, Gilbert, Fuller) or an athletic LB (Mosley, Shazier) seem to be the likely targets. Darkhorse could be a DT, since we'll probably lose Vickerson and/or Pot Roast after this season.

Should be interesting to watch.
Old 05-07-2014, 10:58 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

i don't really want to move up for a DT, i think the value will be there in 2 or 3, but i'd kill to move up for dennard or mosley. i could be talked into being really excited by shazier, but right now i'm just kind of meh.
Old 05-08-2014, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Call me crazy but I wouldn't mind landing bridgewater if he falls to 31.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 03:37 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
Call me crazy but I wouldn't mind landing bridgewater if he falls to 31.
Not crazy at all. I don't think they'd do it, and I'm a firm believer in Dysert, but I'd love that pick for value and for the future. I dint think nfl teams are dumb enough to let him fall that far, after they rewatch his game tape, though.
Old 05-08-2014, 03:52 PM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not crazy at all. I don't think they'd do it, and I'm a firm believer in Dysert, but I'd love that pick for value and for the future. I dint think nfl teams are dumb enough to let him fall that far, after they rewatch his game tape, though.
I agree, though Elway's ego is far too big to give up on The Big O.

WELCOME REALITY
jCut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 11:11 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont mind the Roby pick. Corner is a need and he has skills.
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 11:23 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agreed.

Hopefully Roby can learn some ball skills from Chris Harris to add to his elite athletic ability. Hoping for interior line or MLB tomorrow.
Old 05-09-2014, 07:00 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

no interior line today. no need till round 4+. a linebacker and a WR, if i had to guess. or a WR and a RB, if i'm being pessimistic.
Old 05-09-2014, 07:46 AM    (permalink
Dangermouse
Rookie

Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

a LB in the 2nd and best player available in round 3.
Dangermouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 10:56 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Looking at the talent pool, DL-OL-WR seem to be positions where we are likely to get good value at the end of the 2nd.

I'd like to see a LB, but I'm not sure there is a great fit in round 2. Past history suggests they'll look for an undersized, quick, team-leader type later in the draft.
Old 05-09-2014, 01:49 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Eh, I like borland at the end of the round. Don't disagree that that's probaby not where we'll look, though.
Old 05-09-2014, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

I like Borland, but I'm not sure the Broncos do. Their past behavior suggests they'd prefer someone to pick someone up later in the draft who has a little more athleticism and range.
Old 05-09-2014, 06:58 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

totally agree. i expect we'll take another nate irving look alike. hooray.

but then again, elway surprised me last year when he finally addressed DT, and he didn't fail horribly by taking a G in the first, so i have hope.
Old 05-09-2014, 09:48 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

there is no part of me that's impressed by latimer.
Old 05-09-2014, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Quote:
there is no part of me that's impressed by latimer.
Latimer will be a great player. I don't know if Denver needed to pick a WR that early but watching Latimer's tape you can tell his hands/size/speed combo make him a force.

Good player but I am not sure that pick couldn't have been used at another position.

Schoefield was the right position pick, but I am not sure on his talents being that he was a 3rd rounder.
Old 05-09-2014, 10:35 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

i'm ok with it. that's a decent spot to start getting good developmental depth.
Old 05-10-2014, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

I like the ST/OLB spot Barrow fills. I hope they're not planning him on moving inside. His instincts and pursuit at MLB on tape looks less than desirable.

I like our draft from a position stand point. Schofield is growing on me too after watching his Senior Bowl tape (highlights) and factoring in the Franklin to LG move.

Latimer is my favorite player drafted. I expect him to make flash plays for his first season, and later come to being our next Decker. (Not as smooth, but tougher)

Roby I'm okay with given the spot. I expect him to be lights out as a nickel, but I hope he can adjust to that outside corner spot which requires more one on one "ball spot" scenarios. Does he have punt return value?

I'd like to hear more of your guys opinion as I find our fan base on this forum to be more level headed. (On this forum being key ;) )

Last edited by Punisher : 05-10-2014 at 02:50 PM.