Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 03-24-2014, 10:29 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
Bridgewater falls to #11. Do you take him?
I've never been a fan of Bridgewater, but if the coaches believe in him I could support the selection.

I'm not just going to take him to take a QB though if we don't seriously believe he's the answer at QB.
Old 03-26-2014, 01:06 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
DeSean Jackson isnít the only Pro Bowler the Eagles might trade.

The Eagles are also willing to trade Pro Bowl guard Evan Mathis, Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports.

Like Jackson, Mathis is a good player whom the Eaglesí offense would miss. But there are issues related to Mathisís contract: Mathis is due $5.15 million this season, and thereís been talk that he thinks he deserves more than that as a first-team All-Pro, while the Eagles donít want to pay a guard whoís turning 33 this season that much money. When the player wants more while the team wants to pay less, thatís not a good combination.

After bouncing around the league as mostly a backup for six seasons in three cities, Mathis has emerged as an excellent guard in Philadelphia, and he still has three more seasons remaining on the five-year, $25 million contract he signed with the Eagles before the 2012 season.
Source: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...may-trade-him/

Mathis is currently the best guard in the NFL. I would be willing to trade a pick and/or player for him and kick Levitre inside to center, giving us the Rape Factory II: Factory Harder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 04:59 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
Source: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...may-trade-him/

Mathis is currently the best guard in the NFL. I would be willing to trade a pick and/or player for him and kick Levitre inside to center, giving us the Rape Factory II: Factory Harder.
I'd never pay that much for a Center, and LeVitre and Warmack are both good guards.
Old 03-27-2014, 05:00 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I'm thrilled to get Shaun Phillips, love it and love him in Hortons system. This should make the draft interesting
Old 03-27-2014, 06:07 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

This is what I'm thinking of the Titans D so far, it looks amazing, even before the draft. I think Morgan will play a lot of pass rushing LB and DE, although here I have him only as a LB.

3T: Jurrell Casey, Mike Martin
NT: Al Woods, Antonio Johnson
5T: Pitoitua, SLH
LOLB: Akeem Ayers, Derrick Morgan(DE)
LILB: Zach Brown, Moise Fokou, Colin McCarthy
RILB: Wesley Woodyard, Zaviar Gooden
ROLB: Shaun Phillips, Kamerion Wimbley
CB: Jason McCourty, Tommie Campbell
FS: Michael Griffin, George Wilson
SS: Bernard Pollard, Damion Stafford
CB: BWW, Coty Sensabaugh
Old 03-28-2014, 09:32 AM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
I'm thrilled to get Shaun Phillips, love it and love him in Hortons system. This should make the draft interesting
I'm also loving the Phillips signing. He's a proven pass-rusher with experience in both the 3-4 and 4-3, and his contract seems very reasonable for someone with his production and at his age.

I still think that there's a chance that we take Barr with our first pick because his big knock thus far has been that he's inexperienced and will likely need some time to continue his development. With Phillips/Ayers, that would allow Barr to be situational this year in hopes that he can play more regularly next season. (I do think that Phillips may mean the end of Wimbley though.)

But the thing I like most about this signing is that it gives us a lot of draft-day flexibility. We could still take Barr at #11. But now we've put ourselves in a position where we could realistically take BPA among a few different positions: OLB (Barr), DT (Nix), WR (Evans), CB (Gilbert), or TE (Ebron).

Right now, given our current personnel, if it were up to me I'd probably draft either Nix (who is clearly the best 3-4 NT in this draft) or Evans/Gilbert (two big targets in the passing-game). The former player would occupy blockers and allow our smaller LBs (Brown, Gooden, Woodyard, etc.) to fly around and make plays. The latter players would give Locker some incredible weapons to work with.
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 09:40 AM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ebron! Ebron! Ebron!
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 11:26 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicktheGreat View Post
I'm also loving the Phillips signing. He's a proven pass-rusher with experience in both the 3-4 and 4-3, and his contract seems very reasonable for someone with his production and at his age.

I still think that there's a chance that we take Barr with our first pick because his big knock thus far has been that he's inexperienced and will likely need some time to continue his development. With Phillips/Ayers, that would allow Barr to be situational this year in hopes that he can play more regularly next season. (I do think that Phillips may mean the end of Wimbley though.)

But the thing I like most about this signing is that it gives us a lot of draft-day flexibility. We could still take Barr at #11. But now we've put ourselves in a position where we could realistically take BPA among a few different positions: OLB (Barr), DT (Nix), WR (Evans), CB (Gilbert), or TE (Ebron).

Right now, given our current personnel, if it were up to me I'd probably draft either Nix (who is clearly the best 3-4 NT in this draft) or Evans/Gilbert (two big targets in the passing-game). The former player would occupy blockers and allow our smaller LBs (Brown, Gooden, Woodyard, etc.) to fly around and make plays. The latter players would give Locker some incredible weapons to work with.
I agree with you on Barr. Horton was instrumental in drafting Barkevious Mingo last season with the Browns even after having Jabaal Sheard and signing Paul Kruger to a 5yr 41m contract. I actually see a lot of similarities in Barkevious Mingo and Anthony Barr as prospects, they were just used very differently in college.

Mingo:6042 241 4.53, 37" vert
Barr: 6047 255 4.66, 34 1/2" vert. *Reportedly ran 4.48 @ Pro Day. with 19 bench reps

Very comparable in measurements and I see comparisons on the field as well. If the former UCLA LB Coach has positives words regarding Barr, I have a hard time seeing us go any other direction.

I'd be fine with Nix, although it's rather lackluster and I think Woods and Johnson were signed with the intention of playing the NT position. It's a lot to invest in a position that will likely only see action 1/3 of the defensive snaps.

I supported Evans many times prior to us adding our head coach, but Evans is not a fit for Whisenhunts scheme. He's a vertical receiver the offers very little after the catch. And by that I mean he can't take a short route and make people miss and make it a big play, I know he can take a 20 yard pass and outrun people the remaining 60, but Whisenhunt hasn't really appeared to do that much. A player Evans is similar to had one of his worst seasons statistically speaking when Whisenhunt took over as OC. His YPC went up, but nearly everything else went down. When I think Whisenhunt I think of YAC guys, Boldin, Ward, Fitz, Keenan Allen etc. With a similar player (to Evans) in Justin Hunter, I don't think Whisenhunt will be supportive of Evans.

I'm still in belief that Dennard is the best CB in this class, not Gilbert. Gilbert is rawer and I'd go Dennard personally. With that said, Horton has made mediocre CBs look good in the past, so I think he can work with BWW or Sensabaugh unless CB is absolutely BPA.

Regarding Ebron, I really like what he could bring to the offense. But at the same time Whisenhunt (despite being a former TE and TE Coach) has never really utilized the TE position in the NFL. Although he was the one to bring Heath Miller to Pittsburgh, so this is a possibility but then he largely ignored the position in Arizona until using Antonio Gates in San Diego this year. Ebron is a similar player to Gates, so It is possible.

One last thing regarding Wimbley, I think he'll remain on the team until after training camp. There's very little incentive to cut him now, we have 11m in cap space and he'd only save 2.4m. He has always been best suited for a 3-4 backer so perhaps this could resurrect his career.
Old 03-28-2014, 01:09 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No way signing Phillips prevents us from drafting an OLB (Barr or Mack). His deal is essentially 1 year and fills a hole for this year. It's simply insurance and gives us flexibility. Plus is gives us the ability to cut or restructure Wimbley.

If we do love one of the top 3 QBs (we may not), it gives us the flexability to go QB at 11 if we so please.

As for Barr vs. Mingo, I like Barr a lot more. A lot more bend coming around the edge, more size, more production, and more potential as Barr has only played OLB for a few years.

I'm biased because I'm a UCLA fan, but I love Barr. Dude is an animal. With Spanos on board we have the ultimate insight on Barr so I'm not worried about our evaluation there.
Old 03-28-2014, 07:14 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I really don't see why we should cut Chris Johnson. Keep him on the roster and tell him we will redo his contract to basically a one year deal. Make him compete with Greene and the rest of the guys, best case scenario he wins and plays great. If he doesn't he hardly gets any carries and sits and rots on the bench and has little to no interest next year.

It's not like the money really matters at this point, unless we use it to extend Casey and Roos
Old 03-29-2014, 12:11 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anthony Barr in the first, and Jordan Matthews in the second.

That's my dream. These two were my top mancrushes on both sides of the ball going into this season, and that hasn't changed.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 03:04 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm increasingly feeling that Bridgewater will be there at #11 and dammit I want him. I love Jakey, but he simply can't be trusted with his injury past and I feel that Bridgewater has fallen victim to an extra year of nitpicking and people overreacting to a stupid pro day.

The things I think are most important in an NFL QB are football IQ, pocket presence, and accuracy. TB has these in spades. He simply lacks the cannon arm, huge size, and freak athleticism that scouts love to drool over leading up to the draft. He's sufficient in all those areas, just not elite.

I also don't get the whole hand size argument against him. His hands are only 1/8" smaller than Brotles' (and Bortles is 3" taller) and 1/8" bigger than Carr's hands. Yet you don't hear the small hands argument with those guys. He likes to wear gloves. Big deal.

That's why I love him and why I think he might slide, which has me excited.

If not, then Barr. I love me some Barr.

edit - I tend to get a bit carried away and delirious, when I'm up late.

Last edited by pierce2walker : 03-29-2014 at 03:32 AM.
pierce2walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 11:45 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I'd roll with Teddy if given the opportunity, but I've never been a big fan of his. That was mostly when people were touting him as near the Andrew Luck and RG3 level coming out. I don't feel he's close to that, but he's a good prospect and I'd feel confident that between our offensive weapons, our offensive minded coach, and our offensive line he'd develop into a damn fine QB.

With that said, I still fully expect him to be a top 8 selection come the draft.
Old 03-29-2014, 01:32 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
I'd roll with Teddy if given the opportunity, but I've never been a big fan of his. That was mostly when people were touting him as near the Andrew Luck and RG3 level coming out. I don't feel he's close to that, but he's a good prospect and I'd feel confident that between our offensive weapons, our offensive minded coach, and our offensive line he'd develop into a damn fine QB.

With that said, I still fully expect him to be a top 8 selection come the draft.
Yeah, I was just on a delirious late night rant.

That said I do like Teddy a lot. Agreed, that he is nowhere near Luck as a prospect and is certainly behind RG3 as well. But in terms of this years draft class, I have Teddy ranked as my #1 guy.

There's a decent chance he is gone, but he also seems to lack the hype that guys like Bortles, Manziel, and even Carr are getting right now. Who knows.

That said, it really isn't a big deal if he isn't there. I'm fine with giving Jake one more shot at it, BUT if Teddy was sitting there I don't think that's an opportunity you can pass up.
Old 03-29-2014, 07:35 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Worst case scenario would be that we have Teddy, Jake beats him out and plays lights out, we have TWO QBs. TRADE BAIT BABY!
Old 04-02-2014, 11:17 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Titans re-signed OG/C Chris Spencer earlier today. Like a lot of our moves this offseason, this seems like a relatively minor but important move. I thought that Spencer played pretty well last season in limited duty, and he provides us with interior-OL depth at a couple positions. I think we'll still probably add another interior OL at some point, as well as another OT.

LINK:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...year-contract/
Old 04-03-2014, 12:05 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Spencer was one guy I really wanted back, unless we brought back Velasco. Solid interior player that adds valuable depth at all 3 interior positions.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:27 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I ran some numbers using Pro Football Reference,

Jake Locker had a 126.8 pass rating targeting Justin Hunter
He had 97.8 targeting Kendall Wright
He had a 54.4 targeting Washington
He had 123.6 targeting Walker
He had 121.1 targeting Johnson
He had 102.4 targeting Williams
He had a 19 targeting Britt

I'm ready to see what he can do with the worst guy gone!
Old 04-03-2014, 11:09 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jace Amaro, Jordan Matthews, and Tre Mason are all available with our second pick. Who do you guys choose?

I would have a hard time picking.
Old 04-03-2014, 11:37 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tre Mason, because I've always wanted a guy named Tre on the team.
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 12:07 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
Jace Amaro, Jordan Matthews, and Tre Mason are all available with our second pick. Who do you guys choose?

Nothing against Tre Mason, but RB is just too deep to to pass on other players. Even if we cut CJ, we'll still have Greene and McCluster. Plus there's still some dependable veterans out there.

I would be perfectly fine with Jace Amaro or Jordan Matthews, both are at positions that cost you so much in FA to sign.

Ideally, I'd like pass rushing LB in the first round and possibly a CB in the 2nd.
Old 04-04-2014, 09:41 AM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post

Of those three, I'd probably go...
1. Jace Amaro
2. Tre Mason
3. Jordan Matthews

I like Matthews; however, he'd be our #4 WR this season. We've got other, bigger holes to address during the draft than WR. Plus, considering that our WR core is relatively young (excluding Washington) and considering that the player in that #4 spot would be mostly depth anyway, I'd prefer going for a cheap veteran FA. We can replace Nate next off-season.

I'd have a harder time choosing between Amaro and Mason, as I like both players. I think Mason is the better player; however, RB is also pretty deep in this draft, and it's likely that we could grab a solid rotational guy in the 4th or 5th round. To me, TE doesn't look nearly as deep. Drafting Amaro would allow us to cut ties with the over-priced Stevens, promote Thompson to Stevens' "blocking TE" spot, and employ 2-TE sets with Walker & Amaro. So yeah...Amaro would probably be my pick among those options.
Old 04-04-2014, 11:38 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CJ1K officially released.
Old 04-04-2014, 12:43 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cj it was a hell of a run brother, just sad it never really clicked those last few games but at least I was there to see you rush for 100 plus in the season final this past year.....

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 01:40 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I'd really love to go sign Michael Bush, it would have been nice if we'd cut him and could have worked out a deal with Ben Tate, but I understand we wanted to try to restructure first.