Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 03-10-2014, 08:19 PM    (permalink
xstamper13
Rookie

xstamper13 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

That's an ugly draft you have for the Raiders there, Scott. QB is a need but taking Manziel over Bridgewater would be a colossal fail. We would be MUCH better served going with Mack in the 1st and Garoppolo in the 2nd. I wouldn't be upset if we bypassed QB all together and took Shazier or Su'a-Filo in the 2nd. Either scenario would be infinitely better than a Manziel-Beckham combo.
xstamper13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 09:16 PM    (permalink
E_Bird
Veteran

E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't think I missed it, but I didn't see Moncrief in the first two rounds.
E_Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 09:23 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Every team that needs a QB is going to draft Garrapolo in the 2nd round according to fans. If he's that desirable, he shouldn't last until the 2nd.
Old 03-11-2014, 10:16 AM    (permalink
Woodie
Rookie

Woodie is a cocksman.Woodie is a cocksman.Woodie is a cocksman.Woodie is a cocksman.Woodie is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
I don't really think it's an issue of jump balls, it's the fact that Cam tends to overthrow his receivers numerous times a game. We need someone who can reliably go up and catch those passes, whether its in a traditional jump ball situation (say in the redzone) or just on a regular 1st and 10 pass.
But that's all he does at this point. He's too far from being a complete WR for my liking. And most of those overthrows would go away if we gave Cam a consistent pocket and allowed him to step up. After all, just about every one of those bad throws was a result of poor footwork, usually caused by pressure in his face.
Woodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 10:42 AM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I just posted Round 2 of the new mock on the site so be sure to check it out!

I also went back and flip-flopped the Lions and Ravens choices in round one. So I now have Oklahoma St. CB Justin Gilbert to Detroit and Texas A&M WR Mike Evans to Baltimore.

I just think those pieces fit a little better for each team in both round one and round two plus it's more reflective of Gilbert's value. There will be plenty of fantastic wideouts available for the Lions on Day 2 but there certainly won't be a corner nearly as talented as Justin Gilbert.
Love the flip and love us getting Matthews in the second. Gilbert and Matthews is a dream scenario for Detroit.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 10:43 AM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
Every team that needs a QB is going to draft Garrapolo in the 2nd round according to fans. If he's that desirable, he shouldn't last until the 2nd.
and he might not
Old 03-11-2014, 04:32 PM    (permalink
Clarkw267
Rookie

Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would absolutely love it if the Lions ended up with Gilbert and Matthews.
Clarkw267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 10:31 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
Love the flip and love us getting Matthews in the second. Gilbert and Matthews is a dream scenario for Detroit.
Had to read this 3 times, what happened to your love for Ebron? Glad to see your coming my way.
Old 03-13-2014, 03:23 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jets picks bother me but they are fine in general.
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Zaphod
Rookie

Zaphod hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The Niners have two significant needs, at cornerback and wide receiver. They lack depth in both areas. Odd that Scott doesn't address either of those needs here, although perhaps he assumes the Niners will tackle both areas in free agency.

Hageman should be a good pro, but I'm not sure he fits the Niners' system, and the Niners have already started to address the defensive line. If the team thinks he's BPA, I won't complain, but Kyle Fuller and Odell Beckham strike me as better choices. Cyril Richardson has no business being drafted before day 3 after his weak performance in the Senior Bowl. He looked slow, and not very powerful.

The Niners seem to be a prime candidate to move up in the draft this year. They have several picks, and not that many needs.
Zaphod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 11:07 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Had to read this 3 times, what happened to your love for Ebron? Glad to see your coming my way.
I still love Ebron. I don't view him as an absolute must have, but he's in my group of acceptable players there. Gilbert and Matthews definitely would be a great draft to me though. I've talked up Gilbert a lot here and am a huge Matthews guy.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:41 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That is s terrible mock draft for the 49ers. I'll take the first one but the second is crap.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 11:08 AM    (permalink
xstamper13
Rookie

Manziel and Beckham? How does that make us better? We NEED defense in the worst way. We have no pass rush and no DT's. What we need are immediate impact players.
Old 03-20-2014, 12:48 PM    (permalink
DcmRulz
Pro Bowler

DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Too early to throw Lewan out of the first or no?

Kyle Feldscher ‏@Kyle_Feldscher 9m
"BREAKING: Taylor Lewan will be arraigned on 3 charges stemming from a Dec. 1 assault in Ann Arbor."
DcmRulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DcmRulz View Post
Too early to throw Lewan out of the first or no?

Kyle Feldscher ‏@Kyle_Feldscher 9m
"BREAKING: Taylor Lewan will be arraigned on 3 charges stemming from a Dec. 1 assault in Ann Arbor."
I doubt it will have much effect on Lewan's stock.

It's actually an old story that teams have known about for months.

That's not to say it isn't concerning but anyone who knows Lewan understands he is an aggressive guy, which is a big reason why he is such an outstanding football player. Not to dismiss it but we are also talking about misdemeanors and not felonies.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 03:50 PM    (permalink
xstamper13
Rookie

LOL...true. I like him...but I don't like him enough to drop a 1st rounder on him. The Raiders absolutely NEED to come away with an 'instant impact' player with their 1st pick. None of the QB's fit that bill.
Old 03-23-2014, 02:42 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LOL at #108.
Scott, do you ever update this, or do you stand by him being that low?

http://www.draftcountdown.com/Rankings/TOP.php
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 04:28 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People actually use this site for draft information still? Lol

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 04:00 PM    (permalink
SRogers92
Rookie

SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
I still love Ebron. I don't view him as an absolute must have, but he's in my group of acceptable players there. Gilbert and Matthews definitely would be a great draft to me though. I've talked up Gilbert a lot here and am a huge Matthews guy.
Lombardi has said he puts a premium on blocking ability out of his TEs, so I don't see Ebron a viable option for the Lions with just having resigned Brandon Pettigrew.
SRogers92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 06:00 PM    (permalink
Naga114
Rookie

Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
People actually use this site for draft information still? Lol
Yeah it's kinda sad that we don't expect written scouting reports anymore.
Why even bother putting strenghts, weaknesses, notes and summary in the players profile if you know there will be no informations.
Old 03-25-2014, 12:56 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naga114 View Post
Yeah it's kinda sad that we don't expect written scouting reports anymore.
Why even bother putting strenghts, weaknesses, notes and summary in the players profile if you know there will be no informations.
I remember scouting reports still during the season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 09:40 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, the site was getting very good for a while. Then all activity stopped. Last year Scott claimed he was going to do a lot with respect to reports and data but it never came.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote