Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic > Mafia Games

Old 03-26-2014, 04:08 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm confused as to why the Lannisters would be so open about there characters though, like as soon as Robert dies we will obviously just lynch them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
Just doing some reading, Khal looks dangerous. Looks like as a role he could have some serious thump like a multiple strongman kill.
edit: I would guess he is a protector actually, maybe just for Dany, something like Dany can't die until he dies

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 04:10 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
Just doing some reading, Khal looks dangerous. Looks like as a role he could have some serious thump like a multiple strongman kill.
Khal is definitely a beast. If he doesn't have at least one strongman, I'd be shocked.
Old 03-26-2014, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
I'm confused as to why the Lannisters would be so open about there characters though, like as soon as Robert dies we will obviously just lynch them

edit: I would guess he is a protector actually, maybe just for Dany, something like Dany can't die until he dies
Jorah makes a lot more sense as a protector for Dany imo. They are a mafia though, so idk if they will have a full time protector. If they do, then there are a ton of vig kills in town hands, which is very possible given the theme.
Old 03-26-2014, 04:14 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Rufus should know better. Witten is new.
Yeah, I know he claims it every game. But sorry for speculating that their may be some motivation for him claiming that and enforcing his own post limit, while being possibly bulletproof and having his own backing to be bulletproof.

Maybe I should go back to posting gifs.
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 04:16 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Jorah makes a lot more sense as a protector for Dany imo. They are a mafia though, so idk if they will have a full time protector. If they do, then there are a ton of vig kills in town hands, which is very possible given the theme.
ya you're probably right

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 04:17 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufusMcDaniel View Post
Yeah, I know he claims it every game. But sorry for speculating that their may be some motivation for him claiming that and enforcing his own post limit, while being possibly bulletproof and having his own backing to be bulletproof.

Maybe I should go back to posting gifs.
He always claims the commute, so I just didn't want people reading at all into that. It is a path we shouldn't be going down imo. The post limit thing definitely merits discussion though and has garnered him a few - imo, earned - votes. He is definitely on the list of people I would considering voting for and I really think he needs to get in here and clearly explain himself.
Old 03-26-2014, 04:19 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Didn't get this either.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 04:21 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My theory is on the previous page about maybe they need to find eachother first.

Brody was dropping hints and quotes, Scotty apparently as well, as far back as day 1. Brody even made a reference to a quote from the show about Jaime.

And this was well before there was any real speculation about them, or pressure on them. I don't know why they would just come out with it like that.
Old 03-26-2014, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vote Count

Elvis(1) Rob
Rob (3) Caddy, Elvis, Cain
Cigaro (2) Gonzo Grizz
Gonzo (1) Vidae
JR (1) Cigaro
JBalla (1) JR
Brodeur (1) Fenikz

With 22 people alive 12 is needed for the majority

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Didn't get this either.
The obvious explanation could be that this is just a straight mafia game. I feel like there have to be some triggers in there though.

I guess I could see the Lannisters winning if the Targareyans are defeated and Robert is still on the throne. Of if the Targareyans are defeated and Ned dies or something,
Old 03-26-2014, 04:25 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Voting is still all over the place. My suspicions (outside of this Lannister mess) are on Rob and Cigaro for sure.

Gonzo should still have 2-3 posts left today. I would like to hear more from him.
Old 03-26-2014, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Didn't get this either.
I'm thinking that one or the other is an unconventional safe claim. Everyone would be suspicious if there were a bunch of stark claims. (Which got BD in hot water. The table is set with most of us hesitant to go after a potentially "good" Lannister and triggering more scum. As long as the king is alive mafia could hide in that role for a while.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 04:32 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I have to head out to a work event shortly that will likely keep me busy for 3-4 hours.

I am very convinced Elvis is evil, and I still encourage everyone to vote for him for the reasons I outlined at the start of the day. He also voted for me while quoting a very un-scummy post of mine and has yet to answer my questions surrounding it.

I also think we shouldn't lose sight of day 1....a lot of stuff is going on now and it is easy to get tunnel visioned on it, but we can't lose sight of yesterday. BD flipping scum can give us a ton of info. It is why Elvis is my #1 suspect and I'm sure there is more in there.
Old 03-26-2014, 04:34 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Going to go clean up a bit before my niece gets here, but I was thinking.. kinda funny when BD was trying to get me to role / character reveal that much, as if that isn't a tell.

Anywho, I will be back as soon as my sister picks her up. Don't let the damn Targaryens win while I'm gone!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 04:34 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
This exchange was weird and I'd like some more clarification from scotty and Rufus on it.
All I can tell you is that I know there is a SK in the game and the reason isn't because I was attacked over night.
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 04:37 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sheesh! It's so dang hard to catch up to the speed of this game. As soon as you start reading and coming up with theories, they get spun around and around so much that by the time I'm ready to post, I feel like I'm standing on my head.

Have some thoughts, but I need to think this out. Soo many possibilities in this game, and I imagine a lot of triggers too. Especially when we only start off with 2 Targaryen's to start off the game as mafia.

I'll try to put something together.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Sheesh! It's so dang hard to catch up to the speed of this game. As soon as you start reading and coming up with theories, they get spun around and around so much that by the time I'm ready to post, I feel like I'm standing on my head.

Have some thoughts, but I need to think this out. Soo many possibilities in this game, and I imagine a lot of triggers too. Especially when we only start off with 2 Targaryen's to start off the game as mafia.

I'll try to put something together.
I think this is, at best, a dangerous assumption and more likely, outright incorrect considering the original post.
Old 03-26-2014, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

And that would be a mistake.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 04:49 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are you trying to hurt yourself Brody?

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 04:52 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think this is, at best, a dangerous assumption and more likely, outright incorrect considering the original post.
Can you clarify this? Too vague and why would it be dangerous to believe there would be triggers?
Old 03-26-2014, 04:53 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Are you trying to hurt yourself Brody?
Because he's Joffrey. He doesn't think anything can ruin him.
Old 03-26-2014, 04:55 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Can you clarify this? Too vague and why would it be dangerous to believe there would be triggers?
He bolded the part about there only being 2. It would seem likely that those two have 2-3 allies with them as part of the "mafia."

What we're assuming to be the mafia anyway. I have no idea what will happen from night to night.
Old 03-26-2014, 04:56 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Lean Good:
Grizz - BD turning up evil clears him for me. Yes, I am sticking to my Day 1 strategy. :)
McGee - Obvious pro-town McGee - like his thoughts and more active style in this game.
DG - Was totally feeling the same towards wanting to lynch BB and he has been clearing Rufus before Rufus revealed. Possible masons?
Rufus - Discovered to be Varys. Combined with the hint towards there being a SK gives me the theory that he is a Lyncher (possibly looking for Baelish?) No need to lynch Rufus. He's just trying to play his own game.
Cain - I tend to get deceived by him, but I think Cain is among the good folks of the town at this point.
Vidae - Cleared after the whole BD spat and results.

Unsure:
CJ - Was very suspicious of him until his find of Brodie's Lion. Thought he might be Bran (having the ability to watch). But then BB revealed Bran and now I'm confused, but I have no certain thoughts yet here.
Cigaro - I see him trying to help the town and coming up with good ideas, but sometimes he throws me off.
Snicho - Can we have CMD back???
Caddy - Would like to hear more from him.
Witten - Is this a fishing competition?
fenikz - not active enough to read, but I have liked his votes.
Elvis - He obviously knows the game well, but hasn't used it to help the town much.

Lean Bad, not ready to vote:
Gonzo - Have a theory that he and his brother were the 2 Targaryens. Calling BD scum at the beginning of the game to throw us off is starting to look obvious. The 5 post thing doesn't seem to match a character.
Rob - Been warming up to him as of late, but there are enough question marks.
BB - HATED his voting pattern yesterday and yet all the "Glory be upon me for pinning BD" talk today.
jballa - All fluff, no stuff
Brodeur - Theory that he is Joffrey. "I'm the one you don't want to push" comment... combined with his aggressive, angry style all game long. I really want to lynch him cause he could be the worst bad guy in the game if the trigger hits.
Old 03-26-2014, 04:58 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

I never claimed "glory" and I explained my voting pattern. The initial unvote of BD after pushing hard for him was a mistake. The 2nd time, again, was in case we got to RR. I wanted both of my suspicions as possible lynches. Unvoting BD at that point didn't hurt anything since he had other votes.
Old 03-26-2014, 04:58 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
He bolded the part about there only being 2. It would seem likely that those two have 2-3 allies with them as part of the "mafia."

What we're assuming to be the mafia anyway. I have no idea what will happen from night to night.
I was asking Rob since those were his words.