Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > Fantasy Baseball

Old 03-24-2014, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Draft is officially Thursday at 9 p.m. EST

If you find that you cannot make the draft, please notify me immediately. There's only 7 of us in this league, so it's gonna be really lame if auto-draft kicks in.
Old 03-24-2014, 03:34 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

standard draft right? Not Auction?
Old 03-24-2014, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Standard snake draft. Order gets randomized 30 or 60 minutes beforehand by Yahoo.

Still awaiting more input on whether we want this to be a keeper. Right now, I'm leaning toward just playing for 2014.
Old 03-24-2014, 03:49 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be down for keeper

5-6 seems ideal for 7 teams

also I will pay you a whopping $2.50 for the rights to the top overall pick. Think about it
Old 03-24-2014, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be down for a keeper as well.
Old 03-26-2014, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

31-hour reminder that the draft is at 9 p.m. EST on Thursday night.

Please, please do everything in your power to be there. If you miss the draft, your interest in the league will likely be close to zero, so don't ruin it for the rest of us if you're for some reason unable to make it. I can replace you.
Old 03-26-2014, 03:44 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so keeper yay or nay?

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 04:47 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

This will be a keeper league, but we will only carry over 5 players from year-to-year.

Everyone ought to be playing to win now, not accumulating players for 3 years down the road.
Old 03-26-2014, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Byron Buxton will be my first pick.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Should we put our user names for our teams?
Old 03-26-2014, 05:38 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Should we put our user names for our teams?
That would be helpful until the draft is over.
Old 03-27-2014, 12:00 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

8-hour reminder that the draft is tonight.
Old 03-27-2014, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I don't get the 1 or 2 tonight please find a replacement for me.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
If I don't get the 1 or 2 tonight please find a replacement for me.
We all get Mike Trout for one month of the season ... except for Brodeur. Sorry. 6 months, 7 teams.
Old 03-27-2014, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

You'll notice I opted to back down on the roster size just a tad. Ran some estimates and realized we needed to back it down to 11 starting slots for hitters and 11 for pitchers. 6-man bench, 3 DL slots, 1 NA slot.

The league will be deep, but should be manageable.
Old 03-27-2014, 02:10 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
You'll notice I opted to back down on the roster size just a tad. Ran some estimates and realized we needed to back it down to 11 starting slots for hitters and 11 for pitchers. 6-man bench, 3 DL slots, 1 NA slot.

The league will be deep, but should be manageable.
I'm in a 10-man AL only league that drafted last night and relief pitchers become so scarce.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
I'm in a 10-man AL only league that drafted last night and relief pitchers become so scarce.
Yeah, that's a problem. Is it too late to tinker with the scoring method? I can change Saves to Saves + Holds maybe .... but holds are kind of a wonky stat.
Old 03-27-2014, 02:20 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, that's a problem. Is it too late to tinker with the scoring method? I can change Saves to Saves + Holds maybe .... but holds are kind of a wonky stat.
I have little experience with fantasy baseball, but I think limiting RP spots might help, but I don't know. I wish I did. 7 owners isn't bad though.

Quote:
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Old 03-27-2014, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
I have little experience with fantasy baseball, but I think limiting RP spots might help, but I don't know. I wish I did. 7 owners isn't bad though.
It's not the number of RP slots, it's the fact that there's only 15 closers in the AL at any given time. I want setup men to be owned and useful.

We're gonna stick with the current settings. I don't see any good alternative and the draft is in a few hours.
Old 03-27-2014, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

BTW, after the draft, I believe Yahoo will allow me to set up some sort of bidding system for players that change leagues during the season. I have to look into that more. It's not currently allowing me to set that up. There may also be a way to compensate you when players on your team are traded to the NL.
Old 03-27-2014, 02:38 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
It's not the number of RP slots, it's the fact that there's only 15 closers in the AL at any given time. I want setup men to be owned and useful.

We're gonna stick with the current settings. I don't see any good alternative and the draft is in a few hours.
That makes sense.

Quote:

Old 03-27-2014, 05:25 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Draft in three hours. Again, please let me know if you can't make it for some reason. I want all 7 of us there at all costs.
Old 03-27-2014, 05:48 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

I'll be good to go.
Old 03-27-2014, 05:49 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I'll be there.

By the way, I'm in favor of you making holds a stat since there are so little AL teams and so many relief pitchers.
Old 03-27-2014, 05:53 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I can't justify giving something as goofy as holds its own category in Roto. I know there aren't a lot of saves, but holds are just not a stat that anyone gives a **** about, even less so than saves.