Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 04-08-2014, 01:16 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Donald is a 3 down player in a different scheme. Just not in Fewell's current scheme. I'd imagine Fewell would adjust though. Afterall, he was willing to adjust for Austin so why not Donald?

He could. I actually think Detroit will draft Donald. Nick Farly will probably be a free agent since they said they won't pick up the option on him. I can see them drafting donald and sticking him next to Suh.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 01:19 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
He could. I actually think Detroit will draft Donald. Nick Farly will probably be a free agent since they said they won't pick up the option on him. I can see them drafting donald and sticking him next to Suh.
I think Detroit is either going to address CB which they desperately need to address, or they look at offensive weapons for Stafford. Remember they hired a qb coach in Caldwell, and his first priority may be to "fix" Matt Stafford. Perhaps fixing him means getting other weapons around Megatron for Stafford to throw to, like a Mike Evans or an Eric Ebron.

I wouldn't discount that.
Old 04-08-2014, 01:30 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think Detroit is either going to address CB which they desperately need to address, or they look at offensive weapons for Stafford. Remember they hired a qb coach in Caldwell, and his first priority may be to "fix" Matt Stafford. Perhaps fixing him means getting other weapons around Megatron for Stafford to throw to, like a Mike Evans or an Eric Ebron.

I wouldn't discount that.
If Donald is this amazing player, then why not? You can address CB later in the draft. DT is not a NEED for us, or immediate one, yet all you guys want it. So why not draft Donald with their pick and set him next to Suh?

And our offensive staff has a priority to "fix" Eli...

Art Stapleton ‏@art_stapleton 40s
Ben McAdoo and Danny Langsdorf will be judged in public by what they can do for Eli ... but what they do for Nassib nearly as important #NYG

This means weapons like ebron, evans or an OL to solidify him or does that not count? It's okay for Detroit to do it, but not the NY giants?
Old 04-08-2014, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Mel Pipeher
Rookie

Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.

If Detroit wants a CB I think they trade back. Gilbert isn't far and away the best CB in the draft. I'd put money on Lewan being their pick if he's available. With megatron, Tate, bush, and even pettigrew they have weapons for stafford. If they go defense it's Barr.
Mel Pipeher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 05:05 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

So here is an interesting topic:

Manning's contract ends AFTER the 2015 season

WR

Cruz - 2016
RR- 2015
JJ - 2014
MM - 2014

RB

Wilson -2015

TE

AR-2015

Everyone else 2014

Offensive Line

Offensive Linemen:
William Beatty 4,850,000 5,500,000 6,625,000
Justin Pugh 784,359 1,163,718 1,157,307
Charles Brown 730,000
Steven Baker 420,000 510,000
Troy Kropog 645,000 745,000
Geoff Schwartz 1,500,000 3,675,000 3,925,000
Chris Snee 2,000,000
John Jerry 730,000
James Brewer 650,000
Brandon Mosley 570,000 660,000
Stephen Goodin 495,000
Eric Herman 420,000 510,000
J.D. Walton 1,250,000 2,250,000
Dallas Reynolds FA

All our coaches are on a 1 year deal basically. This year dictates or could impact the future in a big way. So it comes down to IF we do poorly this season, we could very well scrap everything and nearly everyone and really rip this thing down to the foundation.

This upcoming year is a huge year.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:49 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
In our current scheme? I don't play him. Because Fewell needs guys to stack on 1st and 2nd down. Now Fewell has stated in the past that he was willing to adjust his scheme on 1st and 2nd down for Austin if he ever panned out so if he does do that, then I play him at 3 tech on 1st and 2nd down, I'd play around with the idea of him at 1 tech. I like the idea of him blowing up the A gap and taking advantage of the Center having 1 arm for a split second.

So I guess it depends on what Fewell does or is willing to do. If he won't change the scheme then I keep him on the bench and go heavy with Hank and another NT type on 1st and 2nd down, probably Patterson and Hank, then bring Donald in on 3rd down if it's 3rd and 5 or more.

Or I'll bring Donald in on 1st or 2nd down if they go spread and I have my nickel D in there. But if they go 22 Im leaving him on the bench on 1st and 2nd down.

But again, if Fewell adjusts the scheme and Donald is a fast learner than I'm open to using him at 3T vs 22, and I'd tinker with the idea of 1T in PS and see if he can blow up the backfield when lined up there as well.
This makes me happier. I haven't paid attention to too many prospects this year and have limited viewings but if Donald playing right off the center is an option with his low CoG and insane burst, then I like the idea of snagging him a lot more. I know you're not endorsing it, but if he's quick, strong and technical enough for it to be an option, that speaks highly to his potential as an interior disruptor.

I'm pretty sure I'll be fine with Evans/Watkins, Donald, Mack/Barr or one of the OL. Just don't waste the pick on a TE or RB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
We've already seen that your love is only capable of destroying.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:50 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So here is an interesting topic:

Manning's contract ends AFTER the 2015 season
Just to clarify... the 14/15 season or the 15/16 season?

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:55 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
In our current scheme? I don't play him. Because Fewell needs guys to stack on 1st and 2nd down. Now Fewell has stated in the past that he was willing to adjust his scheme on 1st and 2nd down for Austin if he ever panned out so if he does do that, then I play him at 3 tech on 1st and 2nd down, I'd play around with the idea of him at 1 tech. I like the idea of him blowing up the A gap and taking advantage of the Center having 1 arm for a split second.

So I guess it depends on what Fewell does or is willing to do. If he won't change the scheme then I keep him on the bench and go heavy with Hank and another NT type on 1st and 2nd down, probably Patterson and Hank, then bring Donald in on 3rd down if it's 3rd and 5 or more.

Or I'll bring Donald in on 1st or 2nd down if they go spread and I have my nickel D in there. But if they go 22 Im leaving him on the bench on 1st and 2nd down.

But again, if Fewell adjusts the scheme and Donald is a fast learner than I'm open to using him at 3T vs 22, and I'd tinker with the idea of 1T in PS and see if he can blow up the backfield when lined up there as well.
If we were to draft Donald, I would like to see a little more system versatility from our front seven with some different looks.

I don't think he is a great fit for our current system, having said that we can adapt.

We could adapt to include looks similar to what Baltimore does with their Hybrid 4-3/3-4 schemes
http://russellstreetreport.com/break...ybrid-defense/

or the Seahawks with their schemes
http://www.fieldgulls.com/football-b...n-introduction
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:23 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
Just to clarify... the 14/15 season or the 15/16 season?
14-15 This coming season

15-16 Following season

He is 33 now, so he will be 35 when he is a free agent.
Old 04-09-2014, 06:03 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Eli Manning has to perform this year.

Both McAdoo and Coughlin have made references to this being a big year for Nassib. I wouldn't be surprised if Nassib's development is just as important as Eli's
Old 04-09-2014, 06:05 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

It is interesting that we haven't extended Eli this season.

Sure it keeps our cap management options open, but it also means we have options after this season with what we do with Eli.
Old 04-09-2014, 06:24 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

I really like the offseason we have had in general.

There are one big miss from my point of view that I have is that we let Linval Joseph leave, that is going to be a big hole to fix. Sure Joseph signed a five year, $31.25 million contract with the Minnesota vikings.

His 2014 cap number is $6.6m. But we are somewhere around $4.5m under the cap (with cap relief in June to sign rookies). We could have easily reworked Rolle's or Manning's deal
Old 04-09-2014, 08:03 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now I just want the draft to be here.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:02 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
Now I just want the draft to be here.
Hate how they moved it back a few weeks. This month is going to take forever.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 08:30 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
It is interesting that we haven't extended Eli this season.

Sure it keeps our cap management options open, but it also means we have options after this season with what we do with Eli.

A lot of the offensive personnel have 1-2 years left including Eli . The coaching staff are on a 1 year deal. So basically if we stink we are in a total rebuild mode where the staff and Eli are gone. No MM, or JJ at WR. All the TEs gone leaving AR, Wilson, and RR as 2015 contract expire guys.

So this team is close to massive changes.
Old 04-10-2014, 01:21 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We did the same thing in 07. We didn't extend Eli bc we had doubts. Then he won a SB and the rest is history.

I think the front office wants to see him perform better before they commit big money to him. Plus I'm sure the length of the contract is another sticking point.

I will be shocked if Eli isn't eventually extended. I have a ton of faith in him to bounce back.
Old 04-10-2014, 01:23 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

let's be real here: if you're eli, do you want to do an extension after your worst year in like 5 years? doesn't make sense for him
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 01:34 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Of course he does.
Old 04-10-2014, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Hate how they moved it back a few weeks. This month is going to take forever.
I'm the only person who loves it I think. First time in two years I won't have to watch it during finals week, aka barely watching it because I'd be too busy in the library. It was awful.
Old 04-10-2014, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Of course he does.
I think you're right here.

Eli might know its the beginning of the end for him and he'd love to have some cash locked up in case his performance goes even further south.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Looks like Eli is going to be out a bit and miss some of the offseason workouts

Quote:
New York Giants QB Eli Manning (ankle) said he should be able to run again in six weeks after undergoing a "debridement" of his left ankle Thursday, April 10. "I went through the recovery and rehab after suffering the sprain," Manning said. "I was still experiencing some discomfort as I began my normal offseason preparation, and after consultation, we felt the right thing was to have Dr. Anderson clean out the ankle." Manning's timetable should have him ready for the majority of the team's offseason workouts.

- See more at: http://kffl.com/hotw/NFL?page=0#sthash.EFyseLQb.dpuf
Old 04-10-2014, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Only reason this matters a little is because we have a new offense. The more reps the better off we'd be.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 05:28 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

It's up to Nassib now. Let's go kid, more you study and do well the better chances it helps you. Work hard!
Old 04-10-2014, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
It's up to Nassib now. Let's go kid, more you study and do well the better chances it helps you. Work hard!
Yes this year is huge for Nassib.

I wouldn't rule out another QB in the draft as well, maybe day three.
Old 04-11-2014, 10:00 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Working out Freeman today, pretty much want nothing to do with that.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote