Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 04-08-2014, 11:44 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
The pass rush is the first or second biggest need on the team...however that gets fixed (OLB, NT, DE...whatever they need to do) it needs to be better.

34, 35, and 37 sacks the last three years (34 being last years sad sad total) is a far cry from the

2010 48
2009 47
2008 51
oh and 2005 another 47

Whether the pass rush improves because of better dline play or a premier pass rusher putting the team on his back thats an average of 49 sacks ( a whopping 15 more than last year) every time they went to the superbowl and had a top 5 defense.

Corners looked pretty damn good back then. Which is why Id rather address either the pass rush or WR in the first round rather than CB. Give me Barr over Dennard all day
That's sort of what makes me want to overhaul the D-Line this year. Back in 08 both Harrison and Woodley were in their prime, but so were Smith, Keisel, and Hampton. All those five guys were playing at their best. Smith and Keisel taking care of business allowed Harrison and Woodley to do their thing, and everyone benefited. Outside of Heyward, I'm not really convinced of any other guy. McLendon is solid, but I'd certainly entertain an upgrade.

A lot of guys hate taking 3-4 defensive linemen in the first round, but if you hit on guys the line can be absolutely beastly. Take the Jets for example. Wilkerson and Richardson are probably the best 3-4 DE duo right now and they're both under 25.

There's only so much Worilds will be able to do with Cam Thomas in front of him. Hopefully we upgrade their. Jarvis Jones fortunately has Heyward in front of him.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 12:01 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
So do you guys think we truly like Dennard, or is it some big smokescreen?
praying its a smokescreen

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 12:03 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
That's sort of what makes me want to overhaul the D-Line this year. Back in 08 both Harrison and Woodley were in their prime, but so were Smith, Keisel, and Hampton. All those five guys were playing at their best. Smith and Keisel taking care of business allowed Harrison and Woodley to do their thing, and everyone benefited. Outside of Heyward, I'm not really convinced of any other guy. McLendon is solid, but I'd certainly entertain an upgrade.

A lot of guys hate taking 3-4 defensive linemen in the first round, but if you hit on guys the line can be absolutely beastly. Take the Jets for example. Wilkerson and Richardson are probably the best 3-4 DE duo right now and they're both under 25.

There's only so much Worilds will be able to do with Cam Thomas in front of him. Hopefully we upgrade their. Jarvis Jones fortunately has Heyward in front of him.
yes and no... i do somewhat agree but at the end of the day you have to be able to win 1 on 1 battles anywhere they present themselves..

they shouldnt be able to protect with 5 and a back chipping if we bring 5.. so yes our interior DL have to be good but our pass rushers need to be dominant

Old 04-09-2014, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Been watching a lot more Dennard tape...very impressed. He's like a combination of Joe Haden and Brandon Flowers.

If we landed Dennard in the 1st and a Jordan Matthews, Allen Robinson or Moncrief in the 2nd, id be over the moon.
Old 04-09-2014, 05:58 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In fact, my dream scenario would be;

1: Dennard
2: Benjamin

<3
Old 04-10-2014, 11:21 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

i might be the only person here that doesnt like dennard

id love any of those WR's i the 2nd, though

Old 04-10-2014, 11:22 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehop05 View Post
i might be the only person here that doesnt like dennard

id love any of those WR's i the 2nd, though
I dont like Dennard, but i dont hate dennard
Old 04-10-2014, 02:00 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

i'd rather trade up 4 spots using a future 3rd and grab evans / barr or gilbert if they're there

obv ideal is trading back

Old 04-10-2014, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everyone keeps saying that Ebron won't make it past 15. A part of me feels as if he is there, he will be the pick. TIFWIW, if Jones wasn't on the board last year, there were rumors of Eifert being the pick. Could they take the TE now and the WR later? I just can't wait till the draft because I'm getting anxious on what they'll do.

There are also rumors of Dennard falling. Could he fall to the second?
Old 04-10-2014, 02:27 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Highly doubt Dennard falls. I think they love him, could be a smoke screen but the steelers generally dont do that.

Im conflicted with Ebron vs Benjamin...you are essentially getting similar size/abilities/upsides with both
Old 04-10-2014, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As much as I don't like their drops, they are playmakers and game changers. I'd take Ebron at 15.
Old 04-10-2014, 03:14 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
As much as I don't like their drops, they are playmakers and game changers. I'd take Ebron at 15.
yeah i think ebron has a slight edge for me vs benjy... maily his versatility of being able to be lined up as a TE, in the slot, in the backfield out of the gun, or out wide.

i wouldnt be upset with benjy though at 15 if all my other players are gone

Old 04-10-2014, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I wouldn't be against the Steelers shocking everyone and taking Shazier.
Old 04-10-2014, 03:16 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

ebron at 15 and matthews at 47 would be sick.

Old 04-10-2014, 03:17 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

Quote:
he just feels like a tomlin type of player

Old 04-10-2014, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

This year, there is no clear guy the Steelers can go with because they have been linked to so many.

Odell Beckham
Eric Ebron
Kelvin Benjamin
Ryan Shazier
Darqueze Dennard
Justin Gilbert
Taylor Lewan

Those are just the few they have been linked to in the first round alone. This is gonna be a crazy draft day!
Old 04-10-2014, 03:21 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

Quote:
This year, there is no clear guy the Steelers can go with because they have been linked to so many.

Odell Beckham
Eric Ebron
Kelvin Benjamin
Ryan Shazier
Darqueze Dennard
Justin Gilbert
Taylor Lewan

Those are just the few they have been linked to in the first round alone. This is gonna be a crazy draft day!
not to mention the obvious ones if they fall

i hate the fact the draft is 2 weeks later this year. cant wait

Old 04-10-2014, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Cbrunn
Rookie

Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think marquise Lee is being really underrated cause of a injury and horrible qb play ... Lee is just so natural playing WR and his 40 time doesn't effect me his tape shows he's plenty fast enough
Cbrunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 03:32 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

I love Lee, was watching some of his 2012....man he was great

This time last year if you said the steelers might have a shot at Lee at 15 i would have called you crazy
Old 04-10-2014, 03:37 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Quote:
The way we draft buckeyes wouldnt surpsie me one bit...and the way they wanted Mychal Kendricks.

I think Shazier will be an impact player, he and timmons would be tough to handle on an inside cross blitz. Im pretty Meh on mosely

Id rather get Borland in the second round, or maybe Van Noy

Any links to anthony barr? Id love him to fall
Old 04-10-2014, 03:45 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

no links to barr that i know of...

but then again we had no links to mendy when he fell, and i dont think we had any on decastro either...

some of the cream of the crop guys you dont waste visits on, their tapes tells you all you need to know

Old 04-10-2014, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Ebron and Lee both have horrible drop problems. Id have;

1: Benjamin
2: Lee
3: Ebron

Benjamin and Lee have both got immense potential imo. I'm not really an Ebron fan tbh, i think he's pretty average. I dont want a small-ish tight end with spotty hands and average at run blocking at #15 overall.
Old 04-10-2014, 05:45 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

As much as i like Vince Williams, Shazier would be soooo sexxi next to Timmons!
Old 04-10-2014, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Jarvis Landry= Hines Ward. He'd be a perfect fit here. Get Ebron round 1 and then Landry in round 5 or something since he's pretty slow.
Old 04-10-2014, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Ebron has a 11.4% drop rate, that makes DHB look great!