Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 04-10-2014, 06:30 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

KB has just a high drop rate. Ebron makes this team better inside and outside the 20. I have a feeling that the top 2 WRs are gonna be gone along with Gilbert. I just have a feeling the Steelers don't value CB enough to get one in round 1. Should they? Yes, but I just don't see it.

The Steelers should go to a lot of 11 personnel this season. Ebron makes the offense better because you can line him up anywhere. The NFL is a two tight end league now and Miller is 32 and no guarantee to be back next season. I don't think Ebron is from a lack of stone hands. I think he loses focus sometimes, which is easily correctable.

Something turned me off on KB and that's the fact he cancelled a workout and visit with a NFL coach because he was too tired. That proves he doesn't want to work. Ebron will work. Ebron isn't my number 1 guy, but I can see why they would draft him.
Old 04-10-2014, 11:51 PM    (permalink
SCSteeler
Veteran

SCSteeler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SCSteeler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
Highly doubt Dennard falls. I think they love him, could be a smoke screen but the steelers generally dont do that.

Im conflicted with Ebron vs Benjamin...you are essentially getting similar size/abilities/upsides with both

I hear that KB can block better than Ebron. So I'll take KB.
It also sounds like the missed appointment is just a rumor. KBs agent has denied it, not that that means it's true!
Old 04-11-2014, 05:35 AM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Drops:

Evans - 4.29%
Benjamin - 9.68%
Ebron - 11.43%
Lee - 12.31%
Old 04-11-2014, 06:58 AM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Comparing that to Antonio Brown's 166 targets...

Antonio Brown - 166 targets @ 4.2% = 7 drops
Mike Evans - 166 targets @ 4.29% = 7 drops
Kelvin Benjamin - 166 targets @ 9.68% = 16 drops
Eric Ebron - 166 targets @ 11.43% = 19 drops
Marquise Lee - 166 targets @ 12.31% = 20.5 drops
Old 04-11-2014, 07:10 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
Ebron has a 11.4% drop rate, that makes DHB look great!
Bryn Renner and Marquise Williams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 07:11 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Jarvis Landry= Hines Ward. He'd be a perfect fit here. Get Ebron round 1 and then Landry in round 5 or something since he's pretty slow.
I see it, I would have gone with Cotchery but same type of player

Quote:
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 04-11-2014, 07:13 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Benjamin makes the team better both outside the numbers and down the sideline (for a 4.6 he separates very well running down the sideline)

Ebron makes them better inside the numbers, crossing patterns and down the seems....hopefully they would use him as a #3 WR and not a backup TE, and lets be honest it could go either way.

I like Benjamin a bit more, i just see unreal upside...risky pick, but at worst what does he move to TE? Fine ill take it

Quote:

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 04-11-2014, 10:13 AM    (permalink
Cbrunn
Rookie

Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm loving some Beckham JR ... His hands are ridiculous ... Yes I know he's another small guy but he can go up and get the ball, I think he's moved above Benjamin and Lee for me

A draft like

Beckham JR
Telvin Smith (it's all about sub package football)
Aaron colvin
Ej Gaines

Would make me a very happy fan no matter what happens in the after rounds
Cbrunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 10:15 AM    (permalink
Cbrunn
Rookie

Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Drops:

Evans - 4.29%
Benjamin - 9.68%
Ebron - 11.43%
Lee - 12.31%
I see it with Lee ... His hands are small and seems to let balls into his chest and bobbles or double catches, I noticed that this morning
Cbrunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 09:59 AM    (permalink
lance uppercut
Rookie

lance uppercut is a cocksman.lance uppercut is a cocksman.lance uppercut is a cocksman.lance uppercut is a cocksman.

I think Lebeau really likes Dennard. He's got to be considered the leader in the clubhouse if available.

I would be on board with Barr if he were to fall (he won't), or Shazier in a trade down.

Justin Gilbert, Benjamin and Ebron scream bust to me.

Some really good WR is going to be there in the mid-2nd.

1.) Dennard
2.) Allen Robinson
3.) Daquan Jones

or trading down:

1.) Shazier
2.) Roberson
3a.) Landry
3b.) Anthony Johnson
lance uppercut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dennard definitely has what they like in their corners. I just don't think what we like in corners warrants this high of a pick. And they don't seem to either, not many premium picks going to corners even though it's been a fairly weak position for pretty much all of Tomlins tenure.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 03:00 AM    (permalink
SCSteeler
Veteran

SCSteeler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SCSteeler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbrunn View Post
I'm loving some Beckham JR ... His hands are ridiculous ... Yes I know he's another small guy but he can go up and get the ball, I think he's moved above Benjamin and Lee for me

A draft like

Beckham JR
Telvin Smith (it's all about sub package football)
Aaron colvin
Ej Gaines

Would make me a very happy fan no matter what happens in the after rounds

I love Telvin Smith but in afraid the front office doesnt! I do think that Shaziers very similar and might be our 1st if everyone else is gone?
I agree that some sort of sub package monster should be had: TSmith, Shazier or Baptiste would be awesome. Even Ed Reynolds if he could fall to the 4th.
Old 04-14-2014, 01:04 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1m
The plans for #UCLA OLB Anthony Barr: #Cowboys Tuesday, #Vikings Thursday. Next week includes visits to #Steelers, #Eagles, #Falcons.

Quote:

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 04-14-2014, 01:23 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is how Jarvis Jones fall started. I still don't think he falls to us, but I would probably take him just in case.
Old 04-14-2014, 06:25 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

http://www.steelers.com/video-and-au...2-645bea96e743

quick little offseason watch :)
Old 04-15-2014, 03:40 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we signed adam podlesh

i've always liked podlesh seeing as we both went to umd..

he ran like a 4.4 at the combine coming out of college

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 03:43 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I don't think Dennard is going to be the pick. Just a hunch.
Old 04-15-2014, 03:45 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehop05 View Post
we signed adam podlesh

i've always liked podlesh seeing as we both went to umd..

he ran like a 4.4 at the combine coming out of college
No that was sepulveda lol..clocked at a mean 4.43

Crazy is that Podlesh was also a punter drafted in the 4h round that year

Quote:

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 04-15-2014, 03:46 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Quote:
I don't think Dennard is going to be the pick. Just a hunch.
I hope not, but i hope it isnt mosely even more

Quote:

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 04-15-2014, 03:48 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
I hope not, but i hope it isnt mosely even more
I don't think it's him either.

I think Barr is going to be the pick if he's there.

I just don't think the team values CB enough to use a first round pick on a stiff press man corner. I see a trade down is more possible and pick up Roby, Verrett, or someone else.
Old 04-15-2014, 07:41 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Out of Scott's top 32, here is my breakdown for the first round:

1. DE Jadeveon Clowney, South Carolina
2. OT Jake Matthews, Texas A&M
3. OT Greg Robinson, Alabama
4. OLB Anthony Barr, UCLA
5. OLB Khalil Mack, Buffalo
6. WR Sammy Watkins, Clemson
7. OT Taylor Lewan, Michigan
8. QB Teddy Bridgewater, Louisville
9. ILB C.J. Mosley, Alabama
10. TE Eric Ebron, North Carolina
11. CB Justin Gilbert, Oklahoma State
12. WR Mike Evans, Texas A&M
13. OT Zack Martin, Notre Dame
14. S HaSean Clinton-Dix, Alabama
15. NT Louis Nix, Notre Dame
16. OLB Ryan Shazier, Ohio State
17. DE Kony Ealy, Missouri
18. CB Darqueze Dennard, Michigan State
19. DT Aaron Donald, Pittsburgh
20. DE Stephon Tuitt, Notre Dame
21. WR Marquise Lee, USC
22. DT Ra'Shede Hageman, Minnesota
23. DE Dee Ford, Auburn
24. CB Bradley Roby, Ohio State
25. CB Kyle Fuller, Virginia Tech
26. WR Kelvin Benjamin, Florida State
27. DT Timmy Jernigan, Florida State
28. S Calvin Pryor, Louisville
29. OT Cyrus Kouandjio, Alabama
30. WR Brandin Cooks, Oregon State
31. OT Joel Bitonio, Nevada
32. DE Demarcus Lawrence, Boise State

Eliminating absolute locks for the top 10 we get:

8. QB Teddy Bridgewater, Louisville
19. DT Aaron Donald, Pittsburgh
21. WR Marquise Lee, USC
23. DE Dee Ford, Auburn
27. DT Timmy Jernigan, Florida State

Eliminating guys we don't need (QB, 4-3 DTs):

21. WR Marquise Lee, USC
23. DE Dee Ford, Auburn

Eliminating guys with concerns, either due to injury or off-the-field issues:

21. WR Marquise Lee, USC
23. DE Dee Ford, Auburn

Eliminating OTs since I think we'd only take either Robinson or Matthews in the first:

21. WR Marquise Lee, USC
23. DE Dee Ford, Auburn

Eliminating prospects that aren't really projected to go mid first, I have:

18. CB Darqueze Dennard, Michigan
21. WR Marquise Lee, USC
23. DE Dee Ford, Auburn

Eliminating names I've never seen linked to us, I get the following 12 guys:

Focusing on the better prospects, and guys we've been interested in, I've got it down to 9:

I don't honestly think we're taking an ILB in the first with other needs being far more pressing, same goes for TE, so taking Ebron and Shazier out, I have:

I take Gilbert and Evans out because I see little to no chance of them still being available when we pick:

Out of those five guys, Pryor makes the least sense given the recent signing of Mitchell. Fuller is probably not a "finalist" for us either, we just haven't shown enough interest in him. That leaves Barr, Dennard, and Benjamin. We've shown a lot of interest in the second two, and Barr is a very similar guy to Jarvis Jones for us. Speedy, not a muscle guy. Probably takes a back seat his first year, rotating in and out. Not an immediate need, but I'd certainly take him.

I really think it's going to be one of those three guys, and I think Benjamin is the dark horse, for sure. The whole "get a big WR" might have been a smokescreen, but not the fact that GM, HC, and OC went to his Pro-Day and took him out to dinner. Same goes for Dennard. My personal ranking would be Barr, Benjamin, and then Dennard.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 07:28 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Quote:
I don't think it's him either.

I think Barr is going to be the pick if he's there.

I just don't think the team values CB enough to use a first round pick on a stiff press man corner. I see a trade down is more possible and pick up Roby, Verrett, or someone else.
The steelers draft corners later because you dont have to be a lock down cover guy....the most important thing for our corners are the pass rush and the corners understanding the defense. Its an exhausting defensive cove scheme when the pass rush isnt working, but when it is the corners just sit back and play the scheme. If they take Dennard in the first he better be amazing

Quote:

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:36 AM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

We were absolutely going the draft Revis before the Jets ****** us over. I think we like Dennnard enough to pull the trigger.

Man, you guys really like Barr! What in particular are you guys so high on him for? And who do you think he compares to in the NFL?
Old 04-16-2014, 07:50 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Quote:
We were absolutely going the draft Revis before the Jets ****** us over. I think we like Dennnard enough to pull the trigger.

Man, you guys really like Barr! What in particular are you guys so high on him for? And who do you think he compares to in the NFL?
And where would we be with Revis? If he was as good here as he was with the jets they wouldnt have given him a 20 million dollar/year contract. Corners are not that valuable to us (or ANY team for that type of coin).

Revis aside, because he was ridiculously good although i hate when players want a new contract every 1-2 years. If Dennard can make a big impact then sure take him, i just dont see that in his game. I really like Gilbert, but thats for return abilities that he adds and his ball skills and ability ot drive through zones in coverage. SJB and Gaines are corners i really like for the steelers, they are probably 2nd and 5th round picks respectively

Barr is a long, explosive player. Jarvis is short, stocky, comfortable in coverage but lacks explosion to be a sack artist...he can set the edge very well and move in space and hes tremendous in pursuit, but Barrs length and explosiveness would compliment him perfectly. Hes more like Aldon Smith and jones should end up more like james harrison assuming hes been hitting the weights.

Also, I think Worilds is on a rental and wont be a steelers after this season. Hes like the 5th most important player looking for an extension, and thats if hes worth a damn this year which wouldnt surprise me if he wasnt

Quote:

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:00 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No that was sepulveda lol..clocked at a mean 4.43

Crazy is that Podlesh was also a punter drafted in the 4h round that year
nope podlesh also ran 4.43 at his proday

i think his official 40 at the combine was like 4.45 or 4.5

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote