Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 04-11-2014, 11:29 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd take him over freaking Painter. Freeman and Nassib would be good backups.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Mel Pipeher
Rookie

Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.

While Eli's nursing his ankle I wouldn't mind it. He should definitely beat out painter.

Eli, Nassib, Freeman. That's solid.
Mel Pipeher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We called Matt Flynn's agent as well.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Mel Pipeher
Rookie

Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
We called Matt Flynn's agent as well.
Well **** I rather have Flynn.
Old 04-12-2014, 05:43 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel Pipeher View Post
Well **** I rather have Flynn.
I would rather have Flynn as well

Flynn may have the less upside, but he isn't the head case Freeman has been. We have lost a lot of veteran leadership and we need to bring the new guys on board with the Giants/Coughlin way of doing things. Freeman could disrupt that.

Flynn knows the Packers system and McAdoo, so he can help install the new system changes.

Flynn has had some success with the Packers when needed.

Flynn could well be cheaper.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 06:33 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are a couple more players that I wouldn't mind looking into for potential trades.

They are LB Zack Brown (Titans) and Jermaine Gresham (Bengals)

Brown is not a great fit for the Titans new 3-4 scheme under Horton. (they have Woodyard, McCarthy and Gooden inside and Ayers, Phillips and Wimbley outside)
Old 04-13-2014, 08:04 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Here is a good ESPN Insider article on why the Giants will make the playoffs

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story...-playoffs-2014

It includes some interesting statistical analysis which I hadn't seen before.

Big Blue View has some analysis on the article
http://www.bigblueview.com/2014/4/13...on-eli-manning
Old 04-14-2014, 10:21 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's see our all our issues work themselves out. I doubt we make the playoffs.
Old 04-14-2014, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Giants showing some interest in Sidney Rice.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-14-2014, 04:03 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Giants showing some interest in Sidney Rice.
I would very much be okay with that
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 06:08 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Sidney Rice is a decent option if the value is there.

It will depend on his medical history as well, but if healthy I think he is a good fit for what we want to do.
Old 04-14-2014, 09:01 PM    (permalink
Mel Pipeher
Rookie

I'm all for Flynn and Rice. Both add quality experience and depth.
Old 04-14-2014, 10:46 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Just watched Pitt vs Miami & Pitt vs FSU games watching Aaron Donald. I prefer regular game videos against the highlight videos of any prospects actually.
Old 04-14-2014, 11:00 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Just watched Pitt vs Miami & Pitt vs FSU games watching Aaron Donald. I prefer regular game videos against the highlight videos of any prospects actually.
what are your thoughts?
Old 04-14-2014, 11:07 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Kevin Gilbride Sr commenting on Eli

Quote:

Gilbride calls notion Eli is in decline “ludicrous”

Posted by Mike Florio on April 14, 2014, 8:19 PM EDT

AP

It would be easy and convenient for former Giants offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride to adopt the notion that quarterback Eli Manning is in decline. After all, that would make the team’s poor offensive performance in 2013 seem more like Manning’s responsibility and less like Gilbride’s.

But that’s not what Gilbride said when given the chance to address the question of whether Eli’s play is slipping. Appearing in studio as a guest analyst on NBCSN’s Pro Football Talk, Gilbride dismissed the idea that Eli has lost his edge.

“There’s been no deterioration of his arm strength, there’s been no lack of preparation and effort,” Gilbride said. “I think he’s going to be fine as soon as they solidify the offensive line. They certainly made a move to do that by bringing in three interior offensive linemen and as soon as they get somebody that’s going to be productive for them as an outside receiver — Victor Cruz is terrific, but they need somebody that when they go match up, bump and run [and] go win for them.”

So is Eli in decline?

“I think that’s, to be honest with you, ludicrous,” Gilbride said. “I think he’s going to be fine. . . . He’s going to throw the ball to the right person and he’s going to throw it accurately.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ine-ludicrous/
Old 04-14-2014, 11:27 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
what are your thoughts?
Explosive first step
Non stop motor which keeps him in plays
Good use of hands. He is short to pushes up on taller OL players.
Good tackler
Good instincts as well

A lot of the stuff I saw quickly I was able to see closer and it was true.

A lot of double teams. If he didn't win right away he got blocked well. AD uses his explosive 1st step and leverage with good hand use. But when you have a RG and C on him. He wasn't going anywhere. He was driving back like on roller skates.

When he did make plays, it was because of his non stop motor. He was a sucker for screens. He reminds me of Dwight Freeney. Both are so focused on rushing the QB, that you can run screens and let AD come, and his OL guy breaks to block. Dwight Freeney, similarly, would be a sucker against draw concept or delay where DF would rush the QB, and take him out of the play.

I wanted to see what Donald was about very closely. So decided to see, and came away with my initial thought when I saw highlights of him. He is an interesting prospect to scout. He is no where near as good as his cult followers make him out to be. However, he is a very good prospect.

I think their is a leap of faith regarding him. I think scheme specific will be important. I saw in the FSU game he played LE. It will be tough against better OL prospects. On the one play he got close to the QB. Then FSU adjusted and the RT and RG stone walled him.

I noticed on down blocks he would get blown off the ball. Misdirection plays like naked boots or sprint left or right was interesting to see too. When that happens he gets in the backfield quickly. However, QB is moving the pocket so it renders AD as not a threat.

He is an interesting prospect. I do wish he was 6'3-6'5. This way when he knows he wasn't a factor he could get his arms up. That would be a very good tool.

Pitt Vs Miami

# 75 and # 65 vs #97 Aaron Donald

FSU vs PITT

C and RG
Old 04-15-2014, 02:35 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

I am not sure how well he will hold up against NFL linemen.

Is he an every down prospect or is he scheme specific?
Old 04-15-2014, 08:56 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
I am not sure how well he will hold up against NFL linemen.

Is he an every down prospect or is he scheme specific?

I just read an article on Donald basically saying the same thing I wrote regarding if he doesn't win right away he gets neutralized.

I am not sure. For the 12 the overall pick, he better be able to play a lot, from based formations to even nickel packages where he can rush the passer.

I can see the Bucs or Cowboys liking him.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:19 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

DT Kevin Williams in for a visit with us as well.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-15-2014, 09:26 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wonder what he has left, did anyone watch any Vikings games last year?
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 10:58 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

So this is our contract situations on offense. The more I see this the more I think we are on the cusp of MASSIVE changes to our team, if we have another year.

Coaches have a 2 year deal
Eli = 2 years left

AR, RR, and Wilson = 2015

JJ, MM, and all the other TEs, not named Robinson, = 2014

This was posted on BBI with OL

Geoff Schwartz 28 Signed through 2017

Chris Snee 32 Signed through 2014

John Jerry 28 Signed through 2014

James Brewer 27 Signed through 2014

Brandon Mosley 26 Signed through 2015

Stephen Goodin 26 Signed through 2014

Eric Herman 25 Signed through 2015

JD Walton 27 Signed through 2015

Dallas Reynolds 30 Signed through 2014

We are set up to rip this team down and rebuild if we fail this year. This could mean coaches, Eli, and a lot of people on offense.

This whole offense is on a 2 year deal or less. Only players not is Jennings, new Guard, Pugh, and Cruz.
Old 04-15-2014, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Mel Pipeher
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
Wonder what he has left, did anyone watch any Vikings games last year?
He had a positive 7.3 rating from profootball focus if that means anything.
Old 04-15-2014, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Joseph to Minny, Williams to us. Makes sense in that cycle but as a depth signing for minimum I'm all over it.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-15-2014, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Mel Pipeher
Rookie

Quote:
Joseph to Minny, Williams to us. Makes sense in that cycle but as a depth signing for minimum I'm all over it.
Samezies. He could be nice for the rotation and Hankins.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:19 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Flynn has resigned with the Packers after meeting with us.

So that leaves Freeman as an option at QB?

I like the Kevin Williams signing, he gives good depth and some more veteran leadership