Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Indianapolis Colts Team Forum

Indianapolis Colts Team Forum Discuss the Colts

Old 03-27-2014, 11:06 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am worried about Landry being healthy. His first two games were actually pretty good. He showed serious range and hitting ability vs. Oakland. We don't win that game without him. But then he missed a bunch of games and was NOT good when he did come back. If Landry can be the guy we saw the first two weeks last year I'm fine with him. If not, we have to move on.

Not sold on Howell either. I really don't like the interchangeable safety philosophy we have going right now. I'd prefer to have an actual ballhawk FS and an actual enforcer SS. It's pretty rare to find a player that can do both well, much less two.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 09:52 PM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's pie on my face. Pags stated today they're interested in drafting a safety. Go Figure.

http://espn.go.com/blog/indianapolis...draft-a-safety
Old 03-27-2014, 11:52 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am really curious about Joyner. I wonder if he is even on the board for the Colts because of size.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 03:24 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Okay NFL Draft Crushes in no particular order:

Marcus Smith DE/OLB Louisville
Jimmie Ward S Northern Illinois
Lamarcus Joyner CB/S FSU
Terrence Brooks S FSU
Dee Ford DE/OLB Auburn
Weston Richburg C Colorado State
David Yankey G/OT Stanford
Gabe Jackson G Mississippi State
Donte Moncrief WR Ole Miss
Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
Jerick McKinnon RB Georgia Southern

Who you guys got?

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
Old 03-29-2014, 07:18 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OC Marcus Martin.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 04:26 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Phil Costa retires.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ge-26/related/

Well, I guess Holmes it is.
Old 04-21-2014, 06:52 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh this is great. Great signing there Grigson. Wow. Hahahahaha

i done stole dis sig
Old 05-05-2014, 02:37 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

GET EXCITED! Draft coming up!

Any prospects you're praying is a Colt?

Jimmie Ward
Lamarcus Joyner
Jerrick Mckinnon
David Yankey
Donte Moncrief
Jordan Matthews

Just to name a few.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Old 05-05-2014, 02:57 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

I'd put Gabe Jackson in there, though I want Ward the most.

i done stole dis sig
Old 05-05-2014, 03:04 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

So OG is back as a need with Thomas possibly being moved to OC?
Old 05-05-2014, 10:33 PM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Thomas taking snaps at center is for the purpose of emergency if Holmes is incapable or injured.
Old 05-06-2014, 01:07 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

I think interior line will be addressed and when it is it will simply be BPA whether thats a center or OG. I'd tend to agree with falloutboy though. I think they just want options on the OL just in case of injuries.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Old 05-07-2014, 10:29 AM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Read an article on PFF on runningbacks making it through first contact. Trent Richardson was top 5 in the nfl after making it through first contact but did nothing with it because of his Mr. magoo vision. On the opposite side Doc Brown had the highest YPC after breaking first contact. Hopefully T-Rich has learn to find the hole.

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 10:40 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

There was so many instances where Trent had a huge cutback lane and instead he just ran right into a defender.

That drove me nuts.
Old 05-08-2014, 07:31 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Yeah. He had no idea where to run. He at least ran hard early on. Toward the end of the season you could tell his head was just all messed up and he wasn't even running hard anymore. No vision, no power, nothing really.

I do think the physical tools are all there. He just needs to understand the blocking. And it would help if the blocking improved.

i done stole dis sig
Old 05-08-2014, 07:18 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Texans drafting Clowney forced our hand in drafting a lineman in the 2nd. Luck will get slaughtered with Watt and Clowney coming off the edge.

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 08:14 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

You may be right. We can't get a safety in the 2nd now anyway. Unless there is a corner there, or a standout defensive player that no one expected to be available, there's probably a good chance it'll be an OLman.

Luck is going to get murdered by Watt and Clowney if we don't get better interior blockers. Thornton will need to seriously improve, Thomas needs to stay healthy, and really I don't think we have our 3rd interior starter yet.

i done stole dis sig

Last edited by killxswitch : 05-09-2014 at 08:26 AM.
Old 05-09-2014, 11:05 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

There are some really nice prospects left that I thought for sure would go in the 1st.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...-after-round-1

Come on Grigson, get someone very good.

Plenty of very talented pass-rushers, DTs and OLs. Not many choices for FS though.

Last edited by MaxV : 05-09-2014 at 11:08 AM.
Old 05-09-2014, 11:12 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

FS is a bust for us this year. I guess they think Howell can do it.

Here's my list of interests in the 2nd. Not in any order.

WR
Marqise Lee, USC (6-0, 192)
Jordan Matthews, Vanderbilt (6-3, 212)
Donte Moncrief, Mississippi (6-2, 221)

OL
Antonio Richardson, Tennessee (6-6, 336)
Xavier Su'a-Filo, UCLA (6-4, 308)
Gabe Jackson, Mississippi State (6-3, 336)
Marcus Martin, USC (6-3, 320)

DL
Louis Nix, Notre Dame (6-2, 331)
Stephon Tuitt, Notre Dame (6-6, 304)
Ra'Shede Hageman, Minnesota (6-6, 310)
Da'Quan Jones, Penn State (6-4, 322)

OLB
Kyle Van Noy, BYU (6-3, 243)
Jeremiah Attaochu, Georgia Tech (6-3, 252)

ILB
Christian Jones, FSU (6-3, 240)

CB
Stanley Jean-Baptiste, Nebraska (6-3, 218)
Keith McGill, Utah (6-3, 211)
Phillip Gaines, Rice (6-0, 193)

i done stole dis sig
Old 05-09-2014, 08:22 PM    (permalink
pattonsc88
Rookie

pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So can Mewhort play G or did Grigson just try to improve the interior of the O-line by drafting another tackle?
pattonsc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 08:32 PM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he'll project as a RG to compete with Thorton. I'm meh on the pic but what do I know?
Old 05-09-2014, 08:44 PM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingColt View Post
I think he'll project as a RG to compete with Thorton. I'm meh on the pic but what do I know?
Scratch that 'meh' comment. We need help on the o-line and need it now with a leader on the inside.
Old 05-09-2014, 08:46 PM    (permalink
pattonsc88
Rookie

pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I'm not quite sold on this pick, I was really hoping for Marcus Martin.
Old 05-09-2014, 09:54 PM    (permalink
pattonsc88
Rookie

Well at least I love the Moncrief pick, I know that WR isn't exactly the most pressing need, but its hard to dislike your favorite team drafting one of your biggest man crushes.
Old 05-09-2014, 10:19 PM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's the thread for Moncrief: http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...light=Moncrief

Sounds like a steal at the end of the third.

Last edited by falloutboy14 : 05-09-2014 at 10:42 PM.
falloutboy14 is offline   Reply With Quote