Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 04-22-2014, 01:21 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

weets

Jordan Raanan ‏@JordanRaanan 2m

David Wilson says he's doing really well but still waiting for neck to fuse before he can get cleared #giants
Expand
Retweet
Favorite
Jordan Raanan ‏@JordanRaanan 11m

Big difference in new offense is it won't be based so much on body language, according to Victor Cruz. #giants
Expand
Retweet
Favorite
Jordan Raanan ‏@JordanRaanan 13m

Victor Cruz said he couldn't tell Eli's ankle was a problem at Duke. #giants
Expand
Retweet
Favorite
Jordan Raanan ‏@JordanRaanan 43m

Josh Freeman: I still view myself as a starting-caliber quarterback. #giants
Expand
Retweet
Favorite
Jordan Raanan ‏@JordanRaanan 44m

Josh Freeman says opportunity to work with Eli was key factor in signing with #giants
Expand
Retweet
Favorite
Jordan Raanan ‏@JordanRaanan 50m

Jon Beason concedes this is his defense now naturally as the signal-caller. #giants
Expand
Retweet
Favorite
Jordan Raanan ‏@JordanRaanan 1h

Rueben Randle planned to go to Duke and work with Eli and receivers. But 'something came up.' #giants
Expand
Retweet
Favorite

Thurmond also declares himself best slot corner in the league #giants
Expand
Retweet
Favorite

Walter Thurmond: Him, DRC, Prince have potential to be best CBs in NFL. 'Possibly better' than Seattle and Legion of Boom #giants
Expand
Retweet
Favorite

This is the ankle. #eli #giants pic.twitter.com/2rVB42jlNV
Embedded image permalink
Expand
Retweet
Favorite

Justin Pugh played last year at around 300. At 315 right now. #giants
Expand
Retweet
Favorite

Eli expects offense to be similar to Green Bay after seeing the playbook this week. 'It's Ben McAdoo's offense' #giants
Expand
Retweet
Favorite

Eli: I think it will be safe to say I'll be 100% by training camp #giants
Expand
Retweet
Favorite

Eli says there was no pickup game. They took a few shots. Surgery was already scheduled. #giants
Expand
Retweet
Favorite

Eli Manning had cortisone shot prior to Duke trip. That was supposed to be another test #giants
Expand
Retweet
Favorite

Eli: Everything going well. Healing quickly #giants
Expand
Retweet
Favorite

JPP comes in at 270 pounds. Was 285 last year! #giants
Expand
Retweet
Favorite

JPP says he's feeling great. Still rehabbing back and shoulder but no surgery necessary, nothing that limits him now #giants
Expand
Retweet
Favorite

Stevie Brown believes if it was necessary, he could play today. But it is also useful to have more time #giants
Expand
Retweet
Favorite
Jordan Raanan ‏@JordanRaanan 2h

Ayers expects to be used outside and inside. Says #giants wanted guys who can do it all
Expand
Retweet
Favorite

Robert Ayers really just looking forward to the 'fresh start.' #giants
Expand
Retweet
Favorite

Prince: not too much new stuff on defense. Starting with basics. #giants
Expand
Retweet
Favorite

Prince Amukamara wants #giants to pick up 5th-year option. Admits he thinks about it, maybe would be insulted if they didn't pick up #giants
Expand
Retweet
Favorite

Antrel Rolle thinks the #giants secondary will be 'dynamic'
Expand
Retweet
Favorite

Snee says plan is for him to be 100% full go in offseason program #giants
Expand
Retweet
Favorite

Chris Snee says everything is new on offense from terminology to run concepts. Haven't even gotten to passing game yet #giants
Expand
Retweet
Favorite

The #Giants players being made available in 10 minutes. Follow everything right here. http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...p layers.html
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 01:25 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tweets

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr 42m

Beason said he couldn't hold any media member's jock strap today. Wild times. #nyg
Expand
Retweet
Favorite
Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr 45m

Beason says he doesn't want to be an agent after football. "I don't want to chase young guys around telling them how great they are." #nyg
Expand
Retweet
Favorite
Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr 52m

Beason said the #Giants called him at 3:52 on Tuesday -- 8 mins before the start of free agency.
Expand
Retweet
Favorite
Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr 1h

Walter Thurmond said he was the best slot cornerback in football. So, there is that. #nyg
Expand
Retweet
Favorite
Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr 1h

Pugh, Herman, Kuhn and Snee lifted "every day" this offseason, Pugh said. #nyg
Expand
Retweet
Favorite
Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr 1h

Pugh up 10 pounds from last year, so Coughlin will be happy. Said this was a big offseason w/ strength and conditioning coaches. #nyg
Expand
Retweet
Favorite
Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr 1h

Manning: Offense might have some west coast tendencies, but McAdoo will have his own style. #nyg
Expand
Retweet
Favorite
Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr 1h

Manning says "the first surgery I've ever had." Someone needs to call Kevin Gilbride. #nyg
Expand
Retweet
Favorite
Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr 1h

Eli Manning in a walking boot. #nyg
Expand
Retweet
Favorite
Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr 1h

Jason Pierre-Paul said he's down 15 LBs last season, working out at 270 now.
Expand
Retweet
Favorite
Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr 2h

Stevie Brown did draw some interest elsewhere this offseason but wanted to come back. Said he feels good, knee will be monitored, though.
Expand
Retweet
Favorite
Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr 2h

Geoff Schwartz said he almost signed with the #Giants as a UDFA out of college. Might have been a little cheaper then.
Expand
Retweet
Favorite
Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr 2h

"We're trying to make a run," Rolle said. Noted the increased urgency to return to playoffs. #nyg
Expand
Retweet
Favorite
Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr 2h

Snee said he's full go, and ran with the team today. Not in recovery mode anymore. #nyg
Expand
Retweet
Favorite
Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr 2h

@jcmccaffrey: Congrats Jen!!! Way to go!!!
View conversation
Retweet
Favorite
Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr 3h

The fact that Hill stayed on this long is a testament to his raw talent. Reese said he'd cut ties at the first sign of trouble back in '12
Expand
Retweet
Favorite
Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr 3h

The full quote from Hill, knowing this was his last shot, and updates on the story here #nyg | http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...uspension.html
View summary
Retweet
Favorite
Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr 3h

As @RVacchianoNYDN noted, there's a good chance the #Giants cut ties with Hill anyway. Hill told me in Sept. he knew this was his last shot.
Expand
Retweet
Favorite
Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr 4h

@wtryan89: if it were that simple, don't you think he would have by now? Cases like this beg for perspective.
View conversation
Retweet
Favorite
Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr 4h

Regardless, Hill has been adamant about why he uses. Was in an outpatient clinic. In his own words: http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...ion_looms.html
View summary
Retweet
Favorite
Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr 5h

Hill could be looking at a season-long ban, but we're early in the process. Demps signing makes a lot more sense now http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...uspension.html
View summary
Retweet
Favorite
Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr 5h

Hill was hit with suspensions for Adderall ('12) and marijuana ('13). http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...uspension.html
View summary
Retweet
Favorite
Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr 5h

Here is our link to the Will Hill story. Again, Hill will appeal, but #Giants were made aware of failed test http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...uspension.html
View summary
Retweet
Favorite
Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr 5h

It appears Will Hill is in danger of missing games this season. He has failed another drug test according to a source, and will appeal. #nyg
Old 04-22-2014, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Will Hill may be cut

Quote:
Giants | Will Hill likely to be cut
Tue, 22 Apr 2014 07:29:34 -0700

The New York Giants are likely to cut FS Will Hill after his third potential drug suspension.

Read more: http://kffl.com/hotw/NFL?page=1#ixzz2zdwV3LXo
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Mel Pipeher
Rookie

Mel Pipeher hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

It's ashame with Will Hill. So much potential. But I think it's time to move on.

I had Deone Buccannon in my 2nd round of my mock partly because we can't count on Hill. Stevie isn't cleared yet and Rolle is in his final year. We play a lot of these 3 safety sets. I think it's almost a certainty that we draft a safety with in the first 3 rounds.
Mel Pipeher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Mel Pipeher
Rookie

Mel Pipeher hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Glad to see Pugh added more muscle and JPP shredded some fat.
Mel Pipeher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Will Hill is reportedly going to appeal.

It makes a lot of sense why we have as much safety depth as we do, which is still decent with Rolle, Brown, Demps and Taylor
Old 04-22-2014, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel Pipeher View Post
It's ashame with Will Hill. So much potential. But I think it's time to move on.

I had Deone Buccannon in my 2nd round of my mock partly because we can't count on Hill. Stevie isn't cleared yet and Rolle is in his final year. We play a lot of these 3 safety sets. I think it's almost a certainty that we draft a safety with in the first 3 rounds.
very possibly.

I like Stanley Jean-Baptiste as a CB/FS prospect.

I wonder if Clinton-Dix is in the mix at 12?
Old 04-22-2014, 02:31 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

"Ralph Vacchiano & #8207;@RVacchianoNYDN 1h
Cruz said that with the new offense "not based on body language" it'll be "even easier" for him to get on the same page w/Eli Manning."

If this is what I think it means then no ball goes one way and Wr goes another. Finally an end to that BS!
Old 04-22-2014, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

this is interesting

Quote:
Chris Snee says everything is new on offense from terminology to run concepts. Haven't even gotten to passing game yet.
I wonder if it means we are moving to a zone blocking scheme similar to what the Packers have? (they mix in other elements)

Last edited by Big_Pete : 04-22-2014 at 02:37 PM.
Old 04-22-2014, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
"Ralph Vacchiano & #8207;@RVacchianoNYDN 1h
Cruz said that with the new offense "not based on body language" it'll be "even easier" for him to get on the same page w/Eli Manning."

If this is what I think it means then no ball goes one way and Wr goes another. Finally an end to that BS!
I expect we will see more of a progression reads rather than read options.

It will make it easier for receivers to be in the the right spot

It will also make it easier and quicker for Eli to see who is open
Old 04-22-2014, 02:37 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

My question to someone covering the media day today

CH,

that's for answering questions.

Below are some tweets regarding our new offense from the beat writers.

Quote:
Big difference in new offense is it won't be based so much on body language, according to Victor Cruz. #giants

Eli expects offense to be similar to Green Bay after seeing the playbook this week. 'It's Ben McAdoo's offense' #giants

Chris Snee says everything is new on offense from terminology to run concepts. Haven't even gotten to passing game yet #giants

Manning: Offense might have some west coast tendencies, but McAdoo will have his own style. #nyg

My question is have you heard anything else regarding our new offense? Have you heard anything new that you can elaborate on from the tweets above?

Connor_Hughes : 3:27 pm : link : reply

Yes, Pugh said it is very similar to the one he ran at Syracuse.

So, now I guess everyones home work assignment is to dig up Cuse videos and see their offense. This helps Nassib and Pugh a lot. I am typing Nassib and watching his videos for passing concepts and formation installs.

I will then figure they will add formations from the Packers too
Old 04-22-2014, 03:08 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Will Hill is going to get suspended for marijuana...again...jeez

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 03:34 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/giants/

Quote:
"Now that this offense is less centered on body language, I think it's going to be even easier to get on the same page," Cruz said. "This offense, your route is your route. It's a lot less dependent on Eli reading my body language and much more about him just reading the coverage and finding the guy who's open."

Tom Rock ‏@TomRock_Newsday 3h

Rueben Randle says opportunities for miscommunication will decrease with new offense.
Old 04-22-2014, 03:37 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Tom Rock ‏@TomRock_Newsday 4h

Geoff Schwartz says so far new offense terminology is the same as it would be for a West Coast system.
Old 04-22-2014, 03:59 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't get the Beason quote about the media? Wild times? What does that mean?
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 04:02 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, is safety now a possibility in the draft? Rolle is older, Brown coming off an injury and only on a one-year deal and Taylor is raw. They signed Quintin Demps too.

Could they take HaHa or Pryor?
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 05:12 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
My question to someone covering the media day today

CH,

that's for answering questions.

Below are some tweets regarding our new offense from the beat writers.

My question is have you heard anything else regarding our new offense? Have you heard anything new that you can elaborate on from the tweets above?

Connor_Hughes : 3:27 pm : link : reply

Yes, Pugh said it is very similar to the one he ran at Syracuse.

So, now I guess everyones home work assignment is to dig up Cuse videos and see their offense. This helps Nassib and Pugh a lot. I am typing Nassib and watching his videos for passing concepts and formation installs.

I will then figure they will add formations from the Packers too
That is very interesting, I will be curious to see what you find, it is a real overhaul that is happening which is great to see.

I don't know much about the system Pugh and Nassib had at Syracuse. Is it similar to Marrone's system in Buffalo?
Old 04-22-2014, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Tom Rock ‏@TomRock_Newsday 4h

Geoff Schwartz says so far new offense terminology is the same as it would be for a West Coast system.
Schwartz is used to a zone blocking scheme with KC and Andy Reid's west coast offence, seems to me that a lot of zone blocking is in the playbook.

I am curious to see how the line shakes up. The trenches is our biggest area of need.

Is Will Beatty working out fully? or is he limited?
Old 04-22-2014, 05:19 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/giants/

Tom Rock ‏@TomRock_Newsday 3h

Rueben Randle says opportunities for miscommunication will decrease with new offense.
Randle was a big problem last year. I am quite frankly not sold on him.

He needs to work hard and fix the issues, he has the talent.

This quote to me is a concern
Quote:
Rueben Randle planned to go to Duke and work with Eli and receivers. But 'something came up.'
When being on the same page with your QB was an issue, Randle should be doing whatever he can to address that.
Old 04-22-2014, 05:21 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Also, is safety now a possibility in the draft? Rolle is older, Brown coming off an injury and only on a one-year deal and Taylor is raw. They signed Quintin Demps too.

Could they take HaHa or Pryor?
You would have to say it is a realistic option on the table. Personally I think safety is something they are likely to address in later rounds but who knows.
Old 04-22-2014, 05:25 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Here are some tweets on Will Beatty

Kieran Darcy & #8207;@KieranDarcy 15m

Will Beatty is running, says he's ahead of schedule, but hesitant to put any kind of timetable on return. Hopeful for Opening Day #NYG

Ralph Vacchiano ‏@RVacchianoNYDN 29m

LT Will Beatty (leg, knee) said he's "past the doctor's expectations" in his rehab, but still can't say if he'll be ready by Opening Day.

GiantsWFAN ‏@giantswfan 30m

beatty - knee and tibia - says no timetable for him but so far hasn't been shut down in rehab so he hopes to be able to run at camp
Old 04-22-2014, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Looks like Beatty may not be healthy by opening day.

At the very least he is likely to miss a lot of the preseason workouts and will likely be limited in training camp.

Considering we are instilling a whole new offense, this is a concern.

With what happened with Baas and Snee last year, I don't think our medical staff will rush him and he will only get on the field if he is completely healthy.
Could Beatty start out on PUP?

I guess the plus side if Beatty isn't the starter on opening day is that Beatty will have to earn playing time and prove he is better than other options.
Old 04-22-2014, 05:40 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't get the Beason quote about the media? Wild times? What does that mean?
Perhaps he is referring to the amount of change this offseason.

Tuck, Joseph, Webster, Ross, Rivers, Rodgers are all gone from the defensive side of the ball. That is a lot of veteran experience and leadership.

There are a lot of uncertainty on the defensive line.

Plus you have the new guys like Rodgers-Cromartie, Thurmond, Demps, McClain, Ayers, Bowman etc and how they fit into the team and schemes.

Then there is the offence......

There is a huge amount of change happening within the organisation and change is not easy. The Giants are noted for their patience and stability. This is the wildest offseason we have had since 2004.

Beason is now one of the senior leaders on the defensive side of the ball with Rolle. There is a lot more responsibility on him. This is a very different locker room.
Old 04-22-2014, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Here is the breakdown of Josh Freeman's contract from over the cap

QB Josh Freeman signed a one year, $795,000 contract with the New York Giants on April 21, 2014. Freeman received a $55,000 signing bonus. His contract qualifies for the minimum salary benefit.

http://overthecap.com/cap.php?Name=J...&Team=Giant s
Old 04-22-2014, 05:54 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

To give an idea of the amount of change this year on the roster.

We signed (I believe) 16 players from other teams in free agency.

We have 7 selections in the draft.

that is potentially 23 new players on the 53 man roster, which is 43% of the roster.