Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 04-07-2014, 03:27 PM    (permalink
KaneMarko
Veteran

KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BTW, I, too, am also a big Garoppolo fan and think he should be on the Chiefs' list of considerations in the middle rounds.
KaneMarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 05:50 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mat, you're saying we don't have the luxury of taking a QB in the first but in the same breath you're talking about taking Mosley when we already have DJ. That seems off.

If you're going to take a position that you're set at to groom for a year or two I'd pick QB over ILB every single time.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 08:40 AM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Mat, you're saying we don't have the luxury of taking a QB in the first but in the same breath you're talking about taking Mosley when we already have DJ. That seems off.

If you're going to take a position that you're set at to groom for a year or two I'd pick QB over ILB every single time.
Well, for one thing, I wouldn't consider Mosley a "luxury pick." He's probably better suited for the Will than the Sam LB but I suspect he'd still be an upgrade over Zombo. Play him a year next to DJ and then slide him over if DJ continues to show that he is slowing down. My real point is that the Chiefs need to do what they said they'd do last year and, that is, draft the best player available. I'm just using Mosley as an example because a lot of mock drafts have him sliding in the 20s despite the fact that he has top 10 talent.

Point two: The Chiefs need a couple of really productive drafts (ONE would be nice) before they start spending TWO draft positions on QB (remember the 2nd rounder was spent acquiring Alex Smith). Teams that focus entirely on the QB without building a team around that position always seem to fail. As fans we usually blame it on the player but what would have happened if David Carr had gone to a good team instead of a team with no O-line. Or what would have happened if Joe Montana had been drafted by the Chiefs.
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 03:37 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WHile I am still on the "take a WR in the 1st" bandwagon...the idea of the Chiefs taking Su'a-Filo is really growing on me. usually hate taking OL or FL in RD 1 but for some reason if C went with Su'a-Filo I would be happy with that pick
Old 04-25-2014, 09:19 AM    (permalink
KaneMarko
Veteran

KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IDK. I just really think the Chiefs need to try and get a playmaker with that first pick. Either someone that can score the ball, intercept the ball, or knock down the guy throwing the ball.

Slightly OT: This Jordan Matthews kid out of Vandy is starting to get some run lately (particularly after his combine 40). The more I read about him the more he sounds like a perfect fit for Andy Reid's offense. There is talk of him sneaking into the later parts of the first round. IDK. He might be a consideration at 23 (along with a good sized list of other prospects).
Old 04-26-2014, 11:11 PM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
WHile I am still on the "take a WR in the 1st" bandwagon...the idea of the Chiefs taking Su'a-Filo is really growing on me. usually hate taking OL or FL in RD 1 but for some reason if C went with Su'a-Filo I would be happy with that pick
I can't get on board with the idea of taking a guard in the first round mainly because I don't see the reason to.

Is RG a huge hole? Yes, absolutely. With that said, I think you can fine good starting guards in Day 3.

We need a playmaker in the first round in the absolute worst way.

Here is my wishlist for #23:
1. Kony Ealy (If there's one thing you can never have enough of, it's pass-rushing. Ealy is a very impressive athlete that can get after the QB and create opportunities for others to get very favorable matchups. After Clowney (when he gives a ****), Ealy is my favorite one)
2. Marqise Lee
3. C.J. Mosley
4. Teddy Bridgewater (The huge stock **** on Teddy as of recent is baffling. Would it suck to burn our top pick on a position not of dire need? Yeah. With that said, it'd be nice to have our own Aaron Rodgers project and an insurance policy if Alex Smith doesn't re-sign).

Last edited by TonyGfortheTD : 04-26-2014 at 11:29 PM.
TonyGfortheTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 12:59 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Teddy is there he has to be the pick imo. No question in my mind. Secure the future of the club at the most important position in sports. No brainer.

Old 04-27-2014, 01:46 AM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If Teddy is there he has to be the pick imo. No question in my mind. Secure the future of the club at the most important position in sports. No brainer.
I totally agree. I think our offense was clicking at the end of the season with just one decent WR. So Teddy would be the pick if he were there. Then again, if the Browns let us trade down with an insane amount of other picks...I'd be tempted there too......
Old 04-27-2014, 02:35 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I asked the same question about Carr, before he moved up the food chain. I never expected the presumed #1 to slide this far. That said, I think the pick would be worth more to us as a trade chip than as a project QB.

We could likely get one of McCarron, Mettenberger, Garropolo, Thomas or Fales in the 3rd. M&M are big armed statues, which do not fit Reid's style very well, but the others...maybe.

J

Ad Super Bowl per Aspera
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 02:45 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I never understood this, and it seems to only be with Chiefs fans: why take the 5th best QB when you can get arguably the best one? It's the most important position on the field and people are just fine with passing on a guy who could be the best from the class.

Old 04-27-2014, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I never understood this, and it seems to only be with Chiefs fans: why take the 5th best QB when you can get arguably the best one? It's the most important position on the field and people are just fine with passing on a guy who could be the best from the class.
For the record, I think Bridgewater would be the ideal pick for us, assuming he's there. But realistically, Alex Smith is our quarterback for the foreseeable future. You have to wonder if Alex agreed to the SF trade so that he would be the unquestioned starter for a playoff caliber team...
That and add that our starting RG(Rickshaw something) played like one game last year(v SD) and we have a career backup and an injured rookie as our projected starter at Free Safety. I could see Dorsey passing on a guy like Bridgewater..

The other question, is why did he drop? I know he had a bad college day, but that having him drop out of the top ten? I doubt he lasts past Minnesota.....

On a side note, I hope Oakland gets Manziel. That guy is a bust waiting to happen.
Old 04-28-2014, 10:59 AM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Carr better than any of the others, but it is clear that he will be gone by #23. The problem is that there are no QB worth a top 10 pick, like last year, only not as bad. I would love to trade with a team that wanted Teddy.

J

Ad Super Bowl per Aspera
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 08:29 PM    (permalink
SoCalBam
Veteran

SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do not see KC picking a QB. Too heavily invested in (time + picks) Smith. Plus he did pretty good with limited WR's and TE's. Can't believe a wrote that. I trust Dorsey and Reid. But a WR or O Line are big needs. Would like to see a pass rusher in the 3rd Maybe someone like Marcus Smith be there.
SoCalBam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 01:56 AM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not a lot of time invested and it'd be an almost certainty that Reid would flip Alex for picks.
Old 05-05-2014, 03:39 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the more I think about this..the more I believe the "Chiefs considering a QB at 23" talk is KC trying to move down to get more picks
Old 05-05-2014, 05:10 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Bottom line: if one of the QBs (Bortles/Teddy/Manziel) are there at 23 and they pass, they have absolutely no interest in becoming an elite team. Period. There is no middle ground here.

Old 05-05-2014, 05:41 PM    (permalink
SoCalBam
Veteran

SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Bottom line: if one of the QBs (Bortles/Teddy/Manziel) are there at 23 and they pass, they have absolutely no interest in becoming an elite team. Period. There is no middle ground here.
Let's say they draft 1 of the 3. Do you then trade Smith to say Houston or let him play out his contract as a 1 season mentor?
Old 05-05-2014, 05:46 PM    (permalink
SoCalBam
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
the more I think about this..the more I believe the "Chiefs considering a QB at 23" talk is KC trying to move down to get more picks
Think this is anything more than contract negotiations with Alex Smith? That is the only reason you would let that "leak" out.
Old 05-05-2014, 06:42 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBam View Post
Let's say they draft 1 of the 3. Do you then trade Smith to say Houston or let him play out his contract as a 1 season mentor?
The latter. You've got him under contract, you gave up picks, he's the starter next year while the rookie learns the system.

Old 05-05-2014, 10:16 PM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

I'd still quietly shop him and accept a trade if the compensation is good.

Tag and trade in 2015 is risky business seeing that Justin Houston will be a UFA next year.
Old 05-07-2014, 04:02 PM    (permalink
KaneMarko
Veteran

I really do not see the Chiefs going QB even if one of the big 3 fell to them at 23 (although I think they really should). It's just not in the genetic makeup of this franchise. They just don't have interest in drafting and developing their own franchise signal caller. I'm guessing if things don' work out with Alex Smith they'll probably call up Ted Thompson and try to work out a trade for Matt Flynn because that's just what the Chiefs do.

If, say, Bortles does slide to 23, Dorsey is going to be thinking, "Oh boy, this is our chance to trade and get back into the second round.".

That being said, since it is draft day eve, I'm predicting that the Chiefs will go with a front 7 defensive player that can play all 3 downs. Someone like Tuitt, Hageman, Ealy type player. I think the top 5 receivers will be off the board. I do, however, there is a chance that Jordan Matthews and/or Cody Lattimer sneak into the 20s and the Chiefs could go with one of them. But I have a feeling it's going to be a defensive player. Most likely someone that can threaten the passer.
Old 05-07-2014, 05:14 PM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

I don't buy that thought, even for a second.

Dorsey knows exactly what the result can be if you snap up a QB that slides on the cheap and you have the luxury to sit them. Andy Reid certainly isn't afraid to take one.

With that said, I'd place the probability of Bortles or Manziel sliding to 23 at .01%.
Old 05-08-2014, 03:07 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Chiefs have to take Teddy if he's there. That said, I think the Chiefs take one of Roby, Moncrief, Su'a-Filo or Tuitt whenever they pick.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 03:46 PM    (permalink
KaneMarko
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
I think the Chiefs have to take Teddy if he's there. That said, I think the Chiefs take one of Roby, Moncrief, Su'a-Filo or Tuitt whenever they pick.
TBH, I have no clue what the Chiefs are going to do tonight. I think Dorsey/Reid would prefer to trade down a few picks and try to get a second rounder. But assuming they stay there....if I had to guess and pick one single name to predict...I'd say Tuitt. Reid has a LONG history of drafting defensive linemen. I think he spent 7 first pick on the defensive line while he was in Philly. So there is history there. So if I had to guess, Tuitt would be the name I'd guess. If not him maybe Ealy or Hageman.
Old 05-08-2014, 07:21 PM    (permalink
SoCalBam
Veteran

The only positions I can see not in play are RB and TE. Anything is possible in Round 1.