Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 04-25-2014, 12:00 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a big fan of Zack martin and would be happy if he was Baltimore's pick at 17 but I can also buy the argument of the team getting a guy later on that fits Kubiak's system well enough that he'd be a quality starter. Especially an interior offensive lineman, in this case a left guard. What I don't buy is Wagner being a good enough option. He's not really physical, athletic, or a technician. I know the team is high on him but I see nothing more than a decent backup right tackle.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 10:38 AM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
Im so-so on Martin. Especially w/ Kubiak ability to turn no names into legit starters. But I love the Tuitt pick I see a bit of Trevor Pryce in his game the way he can play 43 DE, UT and 34 DE.

I love the Landry pick too, especially since his pro day wasn't too bad. He was that clutch 3rd down guy at a elite school in a pro style offense. He led the nation in 3rd down catches for 1st down last year.

How do you guys view Cyrus Kouandjio as a prospect? I know he was talked about as an option at 17 at one point but he slid due to that terrible combine. Some mocks still have him going round 2, would you take him at 48?
This is a very good point, and something that completely slipped my mind. I'll definitly take that into consideration with my next mock.
Don't get wrong, I like Martin a lot, and think he would be an outstanding fit in Kubiaks system, but it was still a kind of "worst case scenario" in the mock.
Both safeties where gone, so where Odell Beckham JR, Eric Ebron and Taylor Lewan (Who I thnk would simply be to good of a value pick to turn down).
My interest in Brandin Cooks has been cooling of a bit the last couple of weeks. Maybe Marqise Lee could've been a nice pick at that spot.

About Kuandjio, it really comes down to wether or not the arthritic knee issue is true or not (Given that it was Ian Rapoport who broke the news about it, it might very well have been complete BS.)
If thats the case, and the knee is fine, I wouldn't hate picking him at #48. He is a very talented player, and a beast of man physically. I worry about him fitting into the scheme, though.
If the knee issues are real, I wouldn't touch him anywhere near the second round
If we don't go OT in the first round, I think there is some nice value to be had in the 3rd. Regardless, I think we must take a tackle within the first 3 rounds, as I am not sold about the prospect of Ricky Wagner starting for us.
Old 04-29-2014, 02:07 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's another visit/workouts list for the Ravens. I'm not sure of the veracity of the source but it looks right:

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cf...-and--workouts

Quote:
Baltimore Ravens

Offense:
Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Eastern Illinois (Visit)
Logan Thomas, QB, Virginia Tech (Visit, Private workout)
Keith Wenning, QB, Ball State (Visit)
Kiero Small, RB, Arkansas (Private workout)
Terrance West, RB, Towson (Visit)
Kelvin Benjamin, WR, Florida State (Visit)
Eric Ebron, TE, North Carolina (Visit)
Cody Latimer, WR, Indiana (Private workout)
Martavis Bryant, WR, Clemson (Private meeting)
Michael Campanaro, WR, Wake Forest (Private workout)
Marqise Lee, WR, USC (Visit)
Troy Niklas, TE, Notre Dame (Visit)
Josh Walker, OG, Middle Tennessee State(Private workout)

Defense:
Dominique Easley, DL, Florida (Private workout)
Derrell Johnson, LB, East Carolina (Visit)
CJ Mosley, LB, Alabama (Visit)
Kyle Van Noy, LB, BYU (Visit)
Khairi Fortt, LB, California (Visit)
Michael Sam, LB, Missouri (N/A)
Jordan Love, CB, Towson (Private workout)
Joe Rankin, CB, Morgan State (Private workout)
Dexter McDougle, CB, Maryland (Visit)
Keith McGill, CB, Utah (Visit)
Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, S, Alabama (Visit)
Deone Bucannon,S, Washington State (Visit)
Jimmie Ward, S, Northern Illinois (Visit)
There's still a distinct lack of highly rated offensive lineman on that list. This is going to be interesting.
Old 04-29-2014, 02:25 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0
Dominique Easley, DL, Florida (Private workout)
Oh god yes. We might be able to get him in the 2nd but I'm down for just trading back and taking him in the late 1st tbh. Especially when you look at the job our training staff has done with ACL injuries in the past (Webb, Art Jones).
Old 04-29-2014, 05:43 PM    (permalink
Dan#7
Rookie

Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Oh god yes. We might be able to get him in the 2nd but I'm down for just trading back and taking him in the late 1st tbh. Especially when you look at the job our training staff has done with ACL injuries in the past (Webb, Art Jones).
I really like Easly, I believe he can do dirty dirty things to olines if he gets healthy. BUT two acl's before going pro is a big concern, and we are not in a position to take chances imo. I like football players more than athletic specimens, so guys like Martavis Bryant and Kelvin Benjamin has been knocked down on my big board. Unfortunately, I don't have many players I like at 17. If we trade back however, I would be all over Kyle van Noy (luxury pick though) Jimmie Ward, Zach Martin, Jordan Matthews, Austin Seferian-Jenkins and maybe Cyrus Koundjio although the guys knees seems to be an enigma.
Dan#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 06:50 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My feeling is it's more likely we move back than stay at 17. Just going through a handful of different scenarios and the value at 17 really isnt going to much different than in the 20's, especially at potential need positions. If HaHa or maybe Ebron made it to 17 me might just stay put and take them but otherwise I think we probably slide back.
Old 04-30-2014, 07:18 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
My feeling is it's more likely we move back than stay at 17. Just going through a handful of different scenarios and the value at 17 really isnt going to much different than in the 20's, especially at potential need positions. If HaHa or maybe Ebron made it to 17 me might just stay put and take them but otherwise I think we probably slide back.
Agree completely, especially with the bolded part, and was just about to post the same thing. Obviously everything that comes out about the team at this point should be taken with a grain of salt, but it is worth noting. that Ozzie talked about fielding calls from different teams about the possibility of them trading up to #17, if the right situation arises.

Some of the teams/scenarios I could see happening:
- Browns wants to move up from  #26 to get Derek Carr. I don't know if it would be more difficult to swing a trade with a team from our division, but it's a possibility.

- Teddy Bridgewater starts to slide, and either Cleveland or a team from the top 10, who passed on a QB with their first pick makes the move. Would probably be pretty expensive for say, the Raiders or Jaguars to move that far up, and not sure if the FO is interested in moving out of the first round. But for the right prize, I don't see why not.

- If two CBs, lets say Justin Gilbert and Darqueze Dennard, go of the board before our pick, I could see several teams in the mid/late 20's trying to move up, to jump the run on the next CBs. Teams like Cincy, San Diego, Philly or 49ers could all be options.

- Teams would want to jump ahead of the Jets to get a WR like Beckham or Cooks.

Obviously this is all just pure speculation on my part.

My personal dream scenario would be if the 49ers wants to move up. They could sent us the 2nd rounder they got from KC, and it would basically fit perfectly with the numbers of the TVC. Then we move back to #30, pick Jimmy Ward + a 2nd rounder. If that happends, I would be thrilled.
Old 04-30-2014, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree that would be sick. Who would u want to take with 30 and 48 though?
Old 05-01-2014, 03:40 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Jimmie Ward would probably be my top target at 30 in that scenario. There's a few other guys I like in that range too but Ward would be my favorite.
Old 05-01-2014, 04:18 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Yup. Ward or Easley for me.
Old 05-01-2014, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In the KiperMcShay mock they have us taking Moses over Justin Gilbert. Id flip if that happens
Old 05-01-2014, 11:34 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

I'd flip if they have Baltimore taking Moses over anyone. What do people see in him besides size?
Old 05-03-2014, 07:31 AM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

Quote:
In the KiperMcShay mock they have us taking Moses over Justin Gilbert. Id flip if that happens
McShay is probably the media expert who loves Moses the most, as he is his #14 ranked player. Now I like Moses, and I think he could be really good in our scheme, but I do not want him anywhere near #17.
The pick who would make me flip over the table, regardless if we pick him in round 1 or 2 is Kelvin Benjamin. I do not want him anywhere near this team.
Old 05-03-2014, 12:17 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunTzu_22 View Post
McShay is probably the media expert who loves Moses the most, as he is his #14 ranked player. Now I like Moses, and I think he could be really good in our scheme, but I do not want him anywhere near #17.
The pick who would make me flip over the table, regardless if we pick him in round 1 or 2 is Kelvin Benjamin. I do not want him anywhere near this team.
Huh? Moses is close to the antithesis of the ideal lineman for Kubiak's scheme. A perfect example is Bryant McKinnie, but only he deserves to be regarded that poorly.
Old 05-03-2014, 12:48 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
Huh? Moses is close to the antithesis of the ideal lineman for Kubiak's scheme. A perfect example is Bryant McKinnie, but only he deserves to be regarded that poorly.
Meh, agree to disagree I guess. Would definitly prefer Moses over Cyrus Kuandjio, Jawuan James or Tiny Richardson at RT.
Does anyone remember how Eric Winston did in Arizona last year? He is still out there, only 30 years old, and had his best years in the Kubiak scheme.
Old 05-03-2014, 03:38 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

If the offensive line isn't addressed in the draft I don't think they will go after a veteran to add to the mix. Wagner, Jensen, Reid, and maybe even Gradkowski would compete for left guard or right tackle. I'm not particularly high on any of them (I'm curious about Jensen though) but the team probably wants to see what they have in those guys first. If all else fails then someone like Winston or similar to him will be available during training camp.
Old 05-04-2014, 09:22 AM    (permalink
DavelinaJolie
Rookie

DavelinaJolie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DavelinaJolie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DavelinaJolie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DavelinaJolie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DavelinaJolie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DavelinaJolie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DavelinaJolie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DavelinaJolie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DavelinaJolie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DavelinaJolie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DavelinaJolie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we need a swing tackle, I guess they could kick KO out there if something happens to Monroe they obviously have some confidence to put him there if they talked about it in the past, but why hinder the guy's development like they did with Oher? The idea of Wagner playing there would worry me.

That's another reason why I'd take Lewan in a heart beat if he was there. And why I could go along with Martin.

And I really don't like the idea of Pryor, who seems more of a box safety, with Elam. Hopefully the FO feels the same way. We need a more rangy guy to compliment Elam.

I'm starting to think that a trade down would be better if the option is there. Everything I've seen seems to suggest that our needs don't really meet up as well with the players that are likely to be there, outside of Martin. Dropping back and getting someone like Ward would be better coupled with one of those second or third round receivers/corners.

Last edited by DavelinaJolie : 05-04-2014 at 09:27 AM.
DavelinaJolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

if we do the trade w/ the 49ers like we were talking about we have 2 options. The 17th is worth 950 points. 30 and 56 (960 points), or 30, 60 and 129 (955 points.)

What would you guys prefer?

This is my dream draft if we can pull this off. Do the 30, 60 and 129 option.

30- Jimmie Ward.
40- Allen Robinson or Montecrief (send 48, 129, and change over to get this pick.)
60-Dominique Easley
79-Stanley Jean-Baptise
99-CJ Fiedorwicz
134-Jack Mewhort

That would be my dream first 4 rounds. Mewhort at 134 maybe a stretch. I used cbssports rankings as a basis to make sure I wasn't nuts with my predictions
Old 05-04-2014, 03:51 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

Quote:
if we do the trade w/ the 49ers like we were talking about we have 2 options. The 17th is worth 950 points. 30 and 56 (960 points), or 30, 60 and 129 (955 points.)

What would you guys prefer?

This is my dream draft if we can pull this off. Do the 30, 60 and 129 option.

30- Jimmie Ward.
40- Allen Robinson or Montecrief (send 48, 129, and change over to get this pick.)
60-Dominique Easley
79-Stanley Jean-Baptise
99-CJ Fiedorwicz
134-Jack Mewhort

That would be my dream first 4 rounds. Mewhort at 134 maybe a stretch. I used cbssports rankings as a basis to make sure I wasn't nuts with my predictions
In that scenario, I would definitly prefer option B, with the extra 4th rounder, since the players I have ranked in the 50-70 area are extremely close, and the guys I have ranked as 4th rounders this year have significantly higher grades than I usually give out to those type of guys. All in all, I think its a better scenario for us value-wise.

If that trade ends up happening, I would probably turn the table (depending of the specific board of course.) and go with a BPA approach with #48, or trade up a handfull of spots as you mention, then pick a WR at #60.
It could be a classic Ozzie pick, where we pick up a player who is falling a bit. A perfect example, that we've previously talked about, is Stephon Tuitt from Notre Dame.

As far as the players you mention, I wouldn't mind that outcome at all.
Everybody should know by now, how much I like Montcrief. Allen Robinson is a bit meh to me, but I would not hate it. Maybe if the hype around Cody Latimer ends up being a bit overblown, and he is available, that would be a nice pick as well.

Easley... Oh man.. That one is tough.. I love his tape. He is soooo disruptive. If he was healthy, I think he would be right behind Aaron Donald as my #2 DT. But those knee injuries give me great cause for concern. A guy with two torn ACLs + some other minor stuff (iirc) is one hell of a gamble with such a high pick.. I honestly can't make up my mind about him atm.

Like SJB and Fiedorowitz in the 3rd round. And yeah, Mewhort is probably of the table at #134. But crazier things have happend..
Old 05-05-2014, 12:36 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

I'm starting to really hope that Brandon Coleman is around at one of Baltimore's third round picks and they take him there. If I had to bet though I'd say that if the team takes a receiver high it's going to be one of the guys that profiles as a good YAC player. Cooks, Robinson, and maybe Landry come to mind.
Old 05-05-2014, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I love Coleman. My friend is a big rutgers guy and swears on his character and feels an unstable program is what held him back. If Landry is there at 3 we should jump all over him. I highly doubt he is though. I see a lot of Boldin like traits in Landry.
Old 05-05-2014, 03:55 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Watching any film on Coleman lets you see just how bad his quarterback play was. I don't think he attacks the ball in the air like a guy that size should, but then again I highly doubt whoever the quarterback at Rutgers is/was could place the ball in a position for Coleman to compete that way.
Old 05-05-2014, 04:02 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

This is equally weird an irrelevant, but anyway.. I just dozed off for a couple of hours, and was actually dreaming about the draft.. (That can't be healthy, lol.)
In my dream we picked Anthony Barr in the first, and Jarvis Landry in the third.
I had to post it, just in case.... ;-)

Anyway, about Coleman, I would prefer if we got him in the 4th, but in that case I would like the pick.
Old 05-05-2014, 04:11 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Yeah, the same thing happened to me except my dream was that they picked Zack Martin. For some reason I missed the what happened and went to Twitter and found out. Anyways...

Coleman might slide to the fourth round. With how deep this receiver class it's impossible to have a good feel for how it will end up on draft day. I'd be surprised if he made it to Baltimore's picks though since they're both compensatory in that round.
Old 05-05-2014, 04:15 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
1:Yeah, the same thing happened to me except my dream was that they picked Zack Martin. For some reason I missed the what happened and went to Twitter and found out. Anyways...

2:Coleman might slide to the fourth round. With how deep this receiver class it's impossible to have a good feel for how it will end up on draft day. I'd be surprised if he made it to Baltimore's picks though since they're both compensatory in that round.
1: Last year, a couple of weeks before the draft, I dreamt that we picked Arthur Brown in the 2nd round.. Now, that was probably just a result of me having a huuuge man crush on Brown, so that shouldn't come as a surprise.
This year, I'm not completely sold on Barr as a prospect, so I'm kindda weirded out about the dream right now.. :-)
2: Good point. #99 is probably our last shot of getting him then.