Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 04-28-2014, 03:46 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
I like Latimer as Plan B but my stance hasn't changed. Its ODB and this guy to fullfill my draft dreams....

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nf...sheet-wrs?pg=1
I really hope not. The Niners do not need their own version of DHB. I get what everyone likes about him. His physical measurable's are off the chart. He is not a hands catcher though, and those guys do not last. People here like to use Vernon Davis as justification. Vernon had better hands than him coming out of college. Vernon also developed and refined his skills. Do the math though for every Vernon Davis how many, DHB's, Troy Williamsons, Dexter Jacksons are there? Combine that with an organization that has consistently failed in developing receivers it is a recipe for disaster imo.

Much rather they trade up for a guy like Evans, and if not go for a guy like Richardson, or Latimer.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 11:40 PM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Love the first three picks but I dont think any of the three last to where you have them. Would rather have Bucannon or Loston instead of Brooks. Rest are solid. Would be surprised if the highest rated center lasts all the way to 129.
I am starting to like ahmad dixon a safety along with keith mcgill
chapo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 11:58 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapo123 View Post
I am starting to like ahmad dixon a safety along with keith mcgill
Okay. I'm partial to Joyner, Bucannon and Loston. :)
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 02:11 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
I really hope not. The Niners do not need their own version of DHB. I get what everyone likes about him. His physical measurable's are off the chart. He is not a hands catcher though, and those guys do not last. People here like to use Vernon Davis as justification. Vernon had better hands than him coming out of college. Vernon also developed and refined his skills. Do the math though for every Vernon Davis how many, DHB's, Troy Williamsons, Dexter Jacksons are there? Combine that with an organization that has consistently failed in developing receivers it is a recipe for disaster imo.

Much rather they trade up for a guy like Evans, and if not go for a guy like Richardson, or Latimer.
To each his own. Julio Jones had the same issues that Moncrief had coming out. He dropped a lot of catchable balls and had concentration issues. I was sure he would be, as you believe Moncrief will be. Jones proved me wrong. I think Moncrief will prove you and the pundits wrong. I saw enough of him to see him make some nice grabs also. Sure the drops are a concern but his potential is enough for me. T.O. dropped a ton of passes too. He also made a tredmendous impact as a offensive player and was mismatch every time he stepped on the field. Not saying Moncrief is T.O. but I could live with some drops if he makes enough impact plays. I just think his presence on the outside is what this offense is sorely lacking. And going against Richard Sherman, Patrick Peterson, and Janoris Jenkins twice a year, EVERY year, I think we need to gamble and find a big, physical #1 WR who has the jets to take the top off a defense a keep FS from focusing on the middle of the field. All those guys(maybe not Jenkins) are big, young, physical CBs who excell at press coverage. That's why we need a WR who has the size and speed to comepte with these type of CBs in one-on-one situations.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 10:55 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Moncrief gets railed for drops but his drop% is lower than Benjamin and Marquis Lee had the highest drop rate of any of the top guys.
Old 04-30-2014, 07:22 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Moncrief gets railed for drops but his drop% is lower than Benjamin and Marquis Lee had the highest drop rate of any of the top guys.
Lee also had many more targets throughout his career.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 09:05 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
Lee also had many more targets throughout his career.
That has nothing to do with drop percentage or drop rate. Its drops versus targets.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 11:59 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Long live Ol' Dirty Beckham, I can see us trading up using #60 and bringing this stud to SF next week!

http://youtu.be/YCwKdJUVrno

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya:The lack of ignorance in this thread is alarming.

Last edited by Shupp : 05-01-2014 at 12:09 AM.
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 12:12 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shupp View Post
Long live Ol' Dirty Beckham, I can see us trading up using #60 and bringing this stud to SF next week!

http://youtu.be/YCwKdJUVrno
I would love Beckham. I think he is begging to rising even be a better wr then evans . Damn work I'm gonna miss all the draft day fun.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 06:05 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I COME IN PEACE. Not really.

Here's my nightmare 49ers draft:

Round 1 Pick 30: Jason Verrett, CB, TCU
Round 2 Pick 24: Demarcus Lawrence, OLB, Boise State (or A. Robinson)
Round 2 Pick 29: Tre Mason, RB, Auburn (OR Sankey)
Round 3 Pick 13: Paul Richardson, WR, Colorado
Round 3 Pick 30: Dri Archer, WR/RB/RS, Kent State
Round 3 Pick 36 (COMP): Jarvis Landry, WR, LSU
Round 4 Pick 29: Aaron Colvin, CB, Oklahoma
Round 5 Pick 30: Brent Urban, DE, Virginia

Here's my dream:

Round 1 Pick 30: Kelvin Benjamin, WR, Florida State
Round 2 Pick 24: Donte Moncreif, WR, Ole Miss
Round 2 Pick 29: Stanley Jean-Baptiste, CB, Nebraska
Round 3 Pick 13: Daniel McCullers, DT, Tennessee
Round 3 Pick 30: Chris Smith, OLB, Arkansas
Round 3 Pick 36: Lache Seastrunk, RB, Baylor
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 06:12 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not bad Gpngc ,

Is sf really gonna take an OLB round 2 over an wide out? Also Archer is a big reach in round 3 tho .. Man people really need to look over our depth chart needs. Also RB isn't a major need too. Its maybe a 4/5th round need IMO.
Old 05-01-2014, 06:57 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tre Mason in the 2nd is probably my WORST nightmare.
Old 05-01-2014, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Justone2
Veteran

Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mine too because we don't need a RB in the second.
Old 05-01-2014, 07:11 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justone2 View Post
Mine too because we don't need a RB in the second.
Maybe I'm biased because Gore hasn't done much against Seattle aside from that one run that won what turned out to be a meaningless game.

But if there was a top-5 NFL back behind that offensive line, I'd be way more scared of the entire offense than I am right now.

I also think they will target a RB at some point. Gore is old and has one year left, Hunter is average at best, James is gone, and Lattimore is a huge question mark.

Maybe they do bet the house on Lattimore regaining his form 2 surgeries ago. I highly doubt it though, especially in today's NFL where you need two backs.

Mason's perfect and can be Ray Rice from day one. Scary.
Old 05-01-2014, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Justone2
Veteran

Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just think a Andre Williams, Tyler Gaffney or Jeremy Hill in the 3th/4th round would be better value for us. I would start thinking RB from our compensation pick and later and fill the needs at Corner and receiver.

Besides that our running problems(if we have them) have more to do with the way our offense works than anything else. We faced i believe the most man in the box on average the past few years. We need another receiver and preferable one that can stretch the field so we get more room in the middle.

Last edited by Justone2 : 05-01-2014 at 07:23 PM.
Justone2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 07:27 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

I don't get the logic that you'd be fine with a 3/4 RB but it's a nightmare to take one in the 2nd.

They'll get a receiver or two - they have 9 million picks.

Also have to consider that although the value of RB is down leaguewide - it's higher in comparison for run-heavy teams like SEA and SF. If a guy with Mason's prospects was in a class before 2007, he'd be a first round consideration.

The draft isn't about plugging needs only - it's about building blocks for the future. Mason can be Ray Rice. It's worth it in the second round.
Old 05-01-2014, 07:36 PM    (permalink
Justone2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't get the logic that you'd be fine with a 3/4 RB but it's a nightmare to take one in the 2nd.

They'll get a receiver or two - they have 9 million picks.

Also have to consider that although the value of RB is down leaguewide - it's higher in comparison for run-heavy teams like SEA and SF. If a guy with Mason's prospects was in a class before 2007, he'd be a first round consideration.

The draft isn't about plugging needs only - it's about building blocks for the future. Mason can be Ray Rice. It's worth it in the second round.
Because i don't see Mason that far above a Williams or a Hill or a Gaffney. We have four running backs on the roster and you can say James is gone as long as he is still on our roster i count him. Passing on a Matthews or Robinson for Mason is just a bad move for our team. And i really would prefer going with Gore, Hunter, James, LAttimore than taking Mason.
Old 05-02-2014, 12:20 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe we'll acquire Christine Michael for one of our extra late rounders?

:P
Old 05-02-2014, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Maybe we'll acquire Christine Michael for one of our extra late rounders?

:P
lol, I'm sure SEA wouldn't mind handing him over. LaMichael for Michael straight up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya:The lack of ignorance in this thread is alarming.
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 04:02 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

Well we can be relieved we wont be taking an OLB any time soon. We picked Aldon's Smith 5th year option. His issues must not be bad that I guess.
Old 05-02-2014, 06:30 PM    (permalink
Justone2
Veteran

Would never rule out OLB completely because you never have enough pass rushers. However its not a first or second round need.
Old 05-02-2014, 11:49 PM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Well we can be relieved we wont be taking an OLB any time soon. We picked Aldon's Smith 5th year option. His issues must not be bad that I guess.
Could still end up taking a developmental guy.

Smith could be cut/suspended before this 5th year option even kicks in.
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 10:26 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As the 49ers GM in a mock draft on footballs future.com, below was my draft class for 2014 -

2/33 - CB Lamarcus Joyner
2/56 - OLB Jeremiah Attaochu
2/61 - SS Craig Loston
3/67 - CB Jimmy Smith..trade with BAL
3/81 - DE Ed Stinson
3/82 - OG Laurent Duvernay-Tardif
3/94 - RB Jeremy Hill
3/95 - C Russell Bodine
3/100 - OG Brandon Thomas
4/110 - WR Brandon Coleman

Since my laptop died out on me, I'm using a tablet as a substitute until I get a new laptop so if you want better details, go to the 49ers forum on that site.

Traded Iupati, Aldon, Culliver and Bethea. Missed out on Bucannon by two spots at 54. Wanted to trade up but I overslept. :(

Wanted Swanson at 81 but missed picks since my laptop died out on me. Tried to trade up to 35 for Lee but guy backed out. By 56, all the top receivers I wanted were gone so I said screw it, I'm going in a different direction. Tried to acquire Randle from the Giants but the guy never responded.

Reality wise, I'm hoping for Joyner, Attaochu, Stinson, Hill and Thomas. I would IR Thomas and let him replace Iupati in 2015. Joyner nickel back. Attaochu as insurance. Stinson as possible future starter at LDE. Hill depth and insurance. Add Bucannon and Swanson and I honestly could live without a WR especially trading away several picks for one.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 11:23 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Traded Iupati, Aldon, Culliver and Bethea.
You traded 2 All-Pros and 2 other starters....

FOR WHAT???
Old 05-03-2014, 11:41 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good thing Dan isn't calling the shots.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote