Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > St. Louis Rams Team Forum

St. Louis Rams Team Forum Discuss the Rams

Old 03-15-2014, 11:52 AM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could see him returning to 2012 form with Gregg Williams as DC.
Old 03-25-2014, 05:51 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rams have signed DT Alex Carrington.

Snead also said that he thinks the team has a better than 50% chance of signing Kenny Britt.

Last edited by NGSeiler : 03-25-2014 at 06:13 PM.
NGSeiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 07:19 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Rams have a private workout scheduled with QB Derek Carr.
Old 03-31-2014, 07:28 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Kenny Britt signed a one-year contract with the Rams today.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:47 AM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm hearing a lot of the conversation flip to "There is no way Clowney gets past the Rams" over the last 2-3 days. I still have my doubts about the potential of that pick. I would hate it if we don't drop down, if we have the chance, but if we don't I'd still rather roll with Robinson or Matthews instead of Clowney. I LOVE deep DL rotations, but I think Clowney is a luxury that Rams cannot afford.

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.
rockio42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 09:02 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockio42 View Post
I'm hearing a lot of the conversation flip to "There is no way Clowney gets past the Rams" over the last 2-3 days. I still have my doubts about the potential of that pick. I would hate it if we don't drop down, if we have the chance, but if we don't I'd still rather roll with Robinson or Matthews instead of Clowney. I LOVE deep DL rotations, but I think Clowney is a luxury that Rams cannot afford.
You can always afford to take the best Defensive End to come out in the last 15 years.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:59 AM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
You can always afford to take the best Defensive End to come out in the last 15 years.
Because that logic has never bitten a team in the ass.

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.
Old 04-04-2014, 07:39 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I agree completely. Matthews/Robinson for me. Clowney on the board will hopefully get the Rams some trade-down offers that will allow them to still get their OT a few picks later.
Old 04-04-2014, 09:17 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Because that logic has never bitten a team in the ass.
Who cares what it's done in years past. Clowney is the best player in this draft. And we aren't just drafting for 2014. So many people say "oh you should pick Best Player over need, but when it comes down to it so many people choose Need over the better player.
Old 04-05-2014, 10:31 AM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
So many people say "oh you should pick Best Player over need, but when it comes down to it so many people choose Need over the better player.
It's really a mistake to assume the two are mutually exclusive, as if you should either go BPA or need. The best teams, IMO, are the ones who are able to match the two, and find one of the best players available at a position of need. In the Rams' case, that's an offensive tackle, as there are two Top Five prospects in this class at the position.

You're right in that we're not just drafting for 2014, but that's the exact argument I'd make in favor of a tackle. Even though Jake Long will be back at some point in 2014, that doesn't negate the Rams' need for long-term protection for Bradford's blind side. The organization seems confident that Bradford is their guy; it would be very risky IMO to pass up the opportunity to get him an elite caliber cornerstone lineman to protect him for years to come.
Old 04-12-2014, 02:07 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Made a bold move in the forum mock draft and traded up to #5 overall. Traded #13, 2nd rounder and 4th rounder. I know it's a lot to give up, I just felt like if you ever have the chance to get two ELITE players, you have to go for it.

#2 overall - Sammy Watkins
#5 overall - Jake Matthews

I know this means we might not be able to fill all holes with this draft now, but **** it. I'd rather have the elite talent than trying to draft a player in the 2nd round that might contribute.
Old 04-12-2014, 07:37 AM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Nice, props for going balls to the wall with something different. I think that would really help solidify the offense, and I think you'll still be able to find a solid safety in Round 3 if that's a direction you're looking.
Old 04-12-2014, 10:05 PM    (permalink
ArkyRamsFan
Veteran

ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Made a bold move in the forum mock draft and traded up to #5 overall. Traded #13, 2nd rounder and 4th rounder. I know it's a lot to give up, I just felt like if you ever have the chance to get two ELITE players, you have to go for it.

#2 overall - Sammy Watkins
#5 overall - Jake Matthews

I know this means we might not be able to fill all holes with this draft now, but **** it. I'd rather have the elite talent than trying to draft a player in the 2nd round that might contribute.
holt_bruce,

Gotta admit...gutsy move. Ya'll don't need to apologize for this trade up. I like because it improves my Rams by a bunch.

I say go for it!!

Having said all that I like your style.
ArkyRamsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 02:00 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

FINAL MOCK!

*Rams trade their 1st round (2nd overall) to the Oakland Raiders for Oakland's 1st round (5th overall) and their 2nd round selection (36th overall)

Why it makes sense for Oakland:
Oakland trades up to snag their #1 player on their board. Whether that be to jump in front of the Jags for Mack, to jump in front of the Browns for Sammy, or to jump in front of everyone for the Quarterback of their choice.

1st round (5th overall) - Jake Mathews OT, Texas A&M

- Makes a ton of sense for the Rams. Sam is your franchise Quarterback you say? well then protect him. Matthews is the best Tackle in this class and would of been the best Tackle in last years class. You can kick him or Barksdale inside to play Guard next year or you can play Jake at Left Tackle if Long isn't ready by week one.

1st round (13th overall) - Eric Ebron TE, North Carolina

- A Tight End? whaaat? I know the Rams have Cook and Kendricks, but Ebron is a freak athlete. Him and Cook on the field at the same time, with Tavon and Givens, talk about creating mismatches. I think if the Rams have the opportunity to take an elite Tight End in this draft, they should take it. It helps that there's a rookie salary now. Last years 13th overall pick (Sheldon Richardson) signed a 4-year deal for just over 10 million. Plus Kendricks is a free agent at seasons end.

2nd round (36th overall) - Dominique Easley DT, Florida

- One of my favorite players in this draft. If he hadn't gotten injured, I think he's a top 15-20 talent. Love his nastiness. Could be right up there with Donald as the best DT in the draft. Would provide the Rams with a pass rush from the inside.

2nd round (44th overall) - Lamarcus Joyner DB, Florida State

- Can play nickel or Free Safety for you. He's a playmaker, hard hitter. Would be an improvement at the Free Safety position. A lot of comparison to Antoine Winfield.

3rd round (75th overall) - Pierre Desir CB, Lindenwood

- Adds depth to our backfield. Desir played at Lindenwood, about 30 minutes away from the Edward Jones Dome. Rams are interested as their assistant head coach made a visit to see the Cornerback at the LU Proday.

4th round (110th overall) - Aaron Murray QB, Georgia

Ubber college production. Murray got injured his senior year at Georgia and everyone just seemed to forget about him. Would be a solid backup to Bradford with a chance to become a starter in this league.

5th round (153rd overall) - James White RB, Wisconsin

- I think both Pead and Richardson are going to be cut in Training Camp. White can compete for the backup role. Was super productive at Wisconsin and is one of the better pass blockers in this class.

6th round (188th overall) - Logan Thomas QB, Virginia Tech

- Would definitley be a project, but Thomas possess the skill set to be an NFL Quarterback, it's all about whether he can get it between the ears. Big, athletic Strong Armed Quarterbacks like Thomas don't grow on trees. Might as well take one and see if you can mold him into something.

6th round (214th overall) - Ryan Grant WR, Tulane

- Competition for guys like Pettis and Quick. And don't sell Grant short either. Good hands catcher, route runner.

7th round (226th overall) - Boseko Lokombo OLB, Oregon

- Athletic freak at linebacker, little undersized but can cover.

7th round (241st overall) - DeRon Furr SS, Fort Valley State/

-A 4-Star Quarterback coming out of High School, Furr made his decision to go to Auburn. Changed schools after Auburn changed Their offense. Changed to Strong Safety at the University of Memphis and then transfered to Fort Valley State. Has spoken to just a handful of NFL teams, the Rams being one of them. Tim Walton was one of his biggest influences on transferring to Memphis.

7th round (249th overall) - Trey Millard FB, Oklahoma

- Very athletic fullback who wwill slide on draft day because of injuries. Reminds some of Marcell Reece. Can be a matchup nightmare for opposing teams.

7th round (250th overall) - Eric Thomas WR, Troy

- Thanks to someone on another forum, I've developed a liking to Thomas. Wouldn't mind taking a chance on the kid.
Old 04-30-2014, 05:33 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Rams are going to College Station to have private workouts with Manziel, Evans and Matthews. Would LOVE if we came out of the 1st round with Jake Matthews and Mike Evans.
Old 04-30-2014, 11:16 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Matthews and Evans would, IMO, be ideal. But I think the Rams would have to trade up to get Evans.

Does anyone feel there's another receiver that would be good value @ 13? I'm wondering if a guy like Beckham comes into play. He doesn't have Evans' size but sure has a lot of other things going for him.

I wouldn't force receiver just to take one, but I'm just curious as to how fans feel about a first round WR not named Watkins or Evans.
Old 05-01-2014, 01:53 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGSeiler View Post
Matthews and Evans would, IMO, be ideal. But I think the Rams would have to trade up to get Evans.

Does anyone feel there's another receiver that would be good value @ 13? I'm wondering if a guy like Beckham comes into play. He doesn't have Evans' size but sure has a lot of other things going for him.

I wouldn't force receiver just to take one, but I'm just curious as to how fans feel about a first round WR not named Watkins or Evans.
I think #13 isn't to high for Beckham. I actually like him more than I do Gilbert or Clinton-Dix at that spot.
Old 05-03-2014, 05:01 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

I can't stand the sites I post at now. People are retards who Just go by with what the media is saying and don't actually watch games/tape and form their own opinions. I don't think anyone on here watches any games other than the team they root for...yet everyone thinks their an expert on every team.

People actually think Sam is bad (Because of the 49ers game...or if your're possum, he must of stolen your lunch money) and somehow taking Johnny Manziel is a good move for this Franchise. I'm surrounded by idiots.

Last edited by holt_bruce81 : 05-03-2014 at 05:04 PM.
holt_bruce81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 08:57 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

If people think the Rams are going to take Johnny Manziel, then that means the Rams' plan is working.
Old 05-05-2014, 02:39 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

I'm bored so I'm gonna just throw out some positional rankings...

Quarterbacks:
1. Teddy Bridgewater, Louisville (Top 5)
2. Blake Bortles, Central Florida (top 20)
3. AJ McCarron, Alabama (top 50)
4. Johnny Manziel, Texas A&M (top 50)
5. Jimmy Garoppolo, Eastern Illinois (3rd round)
6. Tom Savage, Pittsbugh (3rd round)
7. Derek Carr, Fresno State (3rd round)
8. Aaron Murray, Georgia (4th round)
9. Zach Mettenberger, Louisiana State (4th round)
10. Casey Pachall, TCU (5th round)
11. David Fales, San Jose State (6th round)
12. Bryn Renner, North Carolina (6th round)

Runningbacks:
1. Tre Mason, Auburn (2nd round)
2. James White, Wisconsin (2nd round)
3. Jeremy Hill, Louisiana State (3rd round)
4. Carlos Hyde, Ohio State (3rd round)
5. Bishop Sankey, Washington (5th round)
6. Charles Sims, West Virginia (5th round)
7. Storm Johnson, Central Florida (6th round)
8. Devonta Freeman, Florida State (6th round)
9. Henry Josey, Missouri (6th round)

Wide Receivers:
1. Mike Evans, Texas A&M (top 10)
2. Sammy Watkins, Clemson (top 10)
3. Odell Beckham Jr, Louisiana State (top 20)
4. Brandin Cooks, Oregon State (1st round)
5. Marqise Lee, Southern California (1st round)
6. Jordan Matthews, Vanderbilt (2nd round)
7. Donte Moncrief, Ole Miss (2nd round)
8. Davante Adams, Fresno State (2nd round)
9. Allen Robinson, Penn State (3rd round)
10. Jarvis Landry, Louisiana State (3rd round)
11. Kelvin Benjamin, Florida State (3rd round)
12. Jared Abbrederis, Wisconsin (4th round)
13. Ryan Grant, Tulane (5th round)

Tight Ends:
1. Eric Ebron, North Carolina (1st round)
2. Austin Sefarian-Jenkins, Washington (2nd round)
3. C.J. Fiedorowicz (3rd round)
4. Troy Niklas, Notre Dame (3rd round)
5. Colt Lyerla, Oregon (3rd round)
6. Jace Amaro (4th round)

Offensive Lineman:
1. Jake Matthews, Texas A&M (top 5)
2. Greg Robinson, Auburn (top 10)
3. Zack Martin, Notre Dame (1st round)
4. Joel Bitonio, Nevada (top 50)
5. Taylor Lewan, Michigan (top 50)
6. David Yankey, Stanford (2nd round)
7. Morgan Moses, Virginia (3rd round)
8. Xavier Su'a-Filo, UCLA (2nd round)
9. Cyrus Kouandjio, Alabama (3rd round)
10. Trai Turner, Louisiana State (3rd round)
11. Gabe Jackson, Mississippi State (3rd round)
12. Billy Turner, North Dakota State (4th round)
13. Brandon Thomas, Clemson (4th round)
14. Dakota Dozier, Furman (4th round)
15. Weston Richburg, Colorado State (3rd round)
16. Seantrel Henderson, Miami (4th round)
17. Anthony Steen, Alabama (5th round)
18. Ju'Wann James, Tennessee (6th round)
19. Cyril Richardson, Baylor (6th round)
20. Travis Swanson (6th round)

Again, this is MY rankings. Don't expect everyone to agree with them. I'll try and put up some of my rankings on defense tomorrow.
Old 05-05-2014, 09:46 AM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I can't stand the sites I post at now. People are retards who Just go by with what the media is saying and don't actually watch games/tape and form their own opinions. I don't think anyone on here watches any games other than the team they root for...yet everyone thinks their an expert on every team.

People actually think Sam is bad (Because of the 49ers game...or if your're possum, he must of stolen your lunch money) and somehow taking Johnny Manziel is a good move for this Franchise. I'm surrounded by idiots.
This rant could pretty much sum up every conversation I've had over the past two months. There are three positions on this Rams team that I think no one realizes how much the franchise likes them; QB, WR & RT. I'll admit every team has some of those players; like the Giants and Hankins. I had no idea he actually played like a legitimate 4-3 NT, but I wasn't aware of that until only a few weeks ago. It can be tough but it shocks me when people refuse to listen to fans who actually watch every game, or people who cover the team for that matter.

Old 05-05-2014, 02:53 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Rams have signed former Missouri Tiger standout, wide receiver TJ Moe.
Old 05-05-2014, 06:43 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

3 of 6 analyst on NFL network said the 2nd best player in this draft is Sammy Watkins. Charlie Casserly, Daniel Jeremiah and Greg Schiano.

Charles Davis said Mack, Conway said CJMosley and baldinger said Matthews.
Old 05-06-2014, 01:42 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

More rankings...

Defensive Line:
1. Jadeveon Clowney DE, South Carolina (1st overall)
2. Aaron Donald DT, Pittsburgh (top 10)
3. Dominique Easley DL, Florida (top 20)
4. Timmy Jernigan DL, Florida State (top 20)
5. Dee Ford DE, Auburn (1st round)
6. Stephon Tuitt DL, Notre Dame (1st round)
7. Kareem Martin DE, North Carolina (2nd round)
8. Kony Ealy DE, Missouri (2nd round)
9. Scott Crichton DE, Oregon State (2nd round)
10. Ego Ferguson DE, Louisiana State (3rd round)
11. Louis Nix DT, Notre Dame (3rd round)
12. Demarcus Lawrence DE, Boise State (3rd round)

Linebackers:
1. Khalil Mack, Buffalo (top 5)
2. CJ Mosley, Alabama (top 15)
3. Ryan Shazier, Ohio State (1st round)
4. Anthony Barr, UCLA (1st round)
5. Jeremiah Attaochu, Georgia Tech (2nd round)
6. Chris Borland, Wisconsin (2nd round)
Old 05-08-2014, 08:40 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Awesome pick by the Rams. Best way they have to win in the NFC West is to beat up the QBS and that line looks insane.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote