Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 04-29-2014, 06:08 AM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallCowby1 View Post
We should find out the Health of Easley knees sometime this week.
Well, he's from NY so we know he's tough. ;)

http://msn.foxsports.com/florida/sto...showing-041714

This on Ealy--
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/4/8...campaign=blogs

An then you have this on Easley--
http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2014/...minique-easley

Last edited by Jas : 04-29-2014 at 06:12 AM.
Jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 12:24 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallCowby1 View Post
We should find out the Health of Easley knees sometime this week.
That's just his health for right now. The guy has had four knee injuries that have kept him out of games, and I bet that he'll have some more before it's all said and done. I really like the guy, but he's a big risk to take high in the draft.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Decided to do something different. Trading down PLUS limiting my mock to players we worked out, held a private meeting, or have invited to Dallas Days.

At 16 Barr and Donald are gone.The last of the top QBs has fallen and the Browns and Texans are on the line. Cleveland balks at 26+third and future 3rd that Houston offers so we end the bidding war and drop to 33rd pick. 16 for 33+65+future 3rd.

33t) Jimmie Ward, S, NIU
47) Kareem Martin, DE, UNC
65t) Billy Turner, OT, NDST
78) Will Sutton, DT, ASU
4th) Trai Turner, OG, LSU
5th) Howard Jones, OLB, Shepherd

7th Rounders:
Kerry Hyder, dt, ttu
Brandon Dixon, cb, nwmst
Larry Webster, de, bloomsburg
Garrett Gilbert, qb, smu
Aaron Colvin, cb, ou
Davon Coleman, de, asu

Dallas Cowboys GM -Forum Mock
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 03:11 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Decided to do something different. Trading down PLUS limiting my mock to players we worked out, held a private meeting, or have invited to Dallas Days.

At 16 Barr and Donald are gone.The last of the top QBs has fallen and the Browns and Texans are on the line. Cleveland balks at 26+third and future 3rd that Houston offers so we end the bidding war and drop to 33rd pick. 16 for 33+65+future 3rd.

33t) Jimmie Ward, S, NIU
47) Kareem Martin, DE, UNC
65t) Billy Turner, OT, NDST
78) Will Sutton, DT, ASU
4th) Trai Turner, OG, LSU
5th) Howard Jones, OLB, Shepherd

7th Rounders:
Kerry Hyder, dt, ttu
Brandon Dixon, cb, nwmst
Larry Webster, de, bloomsburg
Garrett Gilbert, qb, smu
Aaron Colvin, cb, ou
Davon Coleman, de, asu
So yea.... can we trade all those picks for Clowney? I think we would be better off. I see one potential starter in Ward and a bunch of depth guys. Ward reminds me of Cyprien who I liked a lot more. Didn't make a world of difference for the Jags.

I see what you're trying to accomplish and it's realistic, it's possible to get excited in each pick, but the last time we had a draft that focused on "depth" was in 2009 and that turned out horribly. I would've traded it all for 1 star.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
So yea.... can we trade all those picks for Clowney? I think we would be better off. I see one potential starter in Ward and a bunch of depth guys. Ward reminds me of Cyprien who I liked a lot more. Didn't make a world of difference for the Jags.

I see what you're trying to accomplish and it's realistic, it's possible to get excited in each pick, but the last time we had a draft that focused on "depth" was in 2009 and that turned out horribly. I would've traded it all for 1 star.
But what trog put together is very likely to happen, I get your idea of wanting to get what is being labeled a once in a generation type player, to me I still say Donald has that potential as well, but if we will be looking to add depth to a rotation of rushmen on the Dline, forget Clowney. They're gonna want amounts of guys not one.

I know I haven't been a big ward supporter, I just don't think of him as highly as everyone else, but I'd like to redo the safeties entirely lol
The point you make about getting better in that area, mirrors what seattle's blueprint is..a bunch of guys rotating in on the line with two very good safeties.
It's just a dream and will never happen but imagine Pryor in the 1st and ward in the 2nd.
But, who knows, maybe Matt Johnson plays this year..more dreams.
Old 04-29-2014, 04:34 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas View Post
But what trog put together is very likely to happen, I get your idea of wanting to get what is being labeled a once in a generation type player, to me I still say Donald has that potential as well, but if we will be looking to add depth to a rotation of rushmen on the Dline, forget Clowney. They're gonna want amounts of guys not one.

I know I haven't been a big ward supporter, I just don't think of him as highly as everyone else, but I'd like to redo the safeties entirely lol
The point you make about getting better in that area, mirrors what seattle's blueprint is..a bunch of guys rotating in on the line with two very good safeties.
It's just a dream and will never happen but imagine Pryor in the 1st and ward in the 2nd.
But, who knows, maybe Matt Johnson plays this year..more dreams.
I don't know that trading down is "likely to happen".

At 16, there will be players that I know I like more than the Ward/Turner value combination.

Hell, I'll take Kyle Fuller straight to the bank and turn him into Earl Thomas.
Old 04-29-2014, 04:38 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't know that trading down is "likely to happen".

At 16, there will be players that I know I like more than the Ward/Turner value combination.

Hell, I'll take Kyle Fuller straight to the bank and turn him into Earl Thomas.
No need to turn him into that when Ward already is a ballhawk with center field range. Hell he even fits the same athletic profile as Earl. Both guys are about the same size, and Thomas is slightly faster.

Old 04-29-2014, 04:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
No need to turn him into that when Ward already is a ballhawk with center field range. Hell he even fits the same athletic profile as Earl. Both guys are about the same size, and Thomas is slightly faster.
I'm not as quick to say Ward is the same athletic profile as Earl Thomas or would bring the same kind of impact to the game. I think he's still very raw and has a lot to catch up on.

Fuller just reminds me of Thomas so much. Very smart, highly instinctive, fast closing speed, heck fast period. Neither are built like tanks, but they are both unafraid to come up in run support, have shown to be effective on the blitz, and very disciplined. Beamer stresses technique so much. Fuller has experience playing S at V-Tech. He's a versatile player who even lined up as a LB according to what I read. lol. I feel like Fuller on the Seahawks would be their kind of pick and so unfair and I want that for myself.

I am VERY high on Fuller. Absurdly high you might say.
Old 04-29-2014, 09:00 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Do it! 1st round players you think are possible for us to select anywhere in the round, whether trade up or trade down. You can include players you think will be potential targets for us that I didn't list.

Tears of Joy Happy:
Jadeveon Clowney
Anthony Barr
Khalil Mack
Johnny Manziel

Very Happy:
Calvin Pryor
Aaron Donald
Kyle Fuller
Justin Gilbert
Greg Robinson
Jake Matthews

I accept and hope for the best:
Zach Martin
Tim Jernigan
Ra'Shede Hageman
Dee Ford
Kony Ealy
Darqueze Dennard
Ryan Shazier
Jimmy Ward
Taylor Lewan
Sammy Watkins
Mike Evans
CJ Mosely

I'm a sad person:
No one.
Old 04-30-2014, 12:07 AM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

Alright, D. I'll play.

Tears of Joy Happy

Aaron Donald- I know you guys aren't surprised lol
Jimmie Ward- I want a safety bad, and this guy has everything I want.
Jake Matthews- A guy can dream.
Johnny Manziel- *ducks shoe from Pocket* The dude is a baller, and he would kill it with Dez. Those two together would be an all time great duo. It's not my preference, but I'd be thrilled if it happens.

Very Happy
Timmy Jernigan- The guy is definitely a force in the middle. He fights toward the ball.
Anthony Barr- The guy is a very good athlete that's still learning. new position or not I have faith in Marinelli.
Dominique Easley- He's such a beast. I'd be very scared about his injuries, but damn if he isn't a great player when he's healthy.
HaHa Clinton-Dix- I prefer Ward, but he'd do.
Zack Martin- What's not to love there?
Jason Verrett- He's killer, and if they said they would move Carr to safety I'd understand.

I accept and hope for the best.
Calvin Pryor
DeMarcus Lawrence
Kareem Martin
Kony Ealy
Darqueze Dennard
Ryan Shazier
Dee Ford

Old 04-30-2014, 05:49 AM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

I like Donald, Barr, Pryor and martin.

Aaron Donald is the key in the first round as to whether we have a shot at pryor.
Barr won't last till 16 I don't care what people are saying. But if he does no doubt we take him.
If Barr is gone, Donald will determine if we have a shot at pryor, if Donald's there Chicago takes him, if he goes off before Chicago picks, they will take pryor and really piss me off.

Unless the rams really like pryor and he's gone earlier..lol.
I just really want one of those 4 players, if not they can do what they want and we'll pick up guys that are on the next tier.

Broaddus released his big board.
http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/ar...4-4794220a3711

Last edited by Jas : 04-30-2014 at 06:04 AM.
Old 04-30-2014, 06:30 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll go a slightly different route:

Too Talented to Pass On

1) Jadeveon Clowney
2) Khalil Mack
3) Greg Robinson
4) Jake Matthews
5) Sammy Watkins
6) Aaron Donald
7) Mike Evans
8) Anthony Barr

Possible Red Flags
1) Taylor Lewan, Character
2) CJ Mosley, Injury

Wasted Pick
1) Blake Bortles, raw / other needs
2) Teddy Bridgewater, other needs
3) Eric Ebron, zero need for a TE
4) Alfonzo Dennard, Too many assets invested in CB
5) Kyle Fuller, see above
6) Brandin Cook, Slot WR luxary / Would need ability to play outside
7) Jason Verrett, same as Fuller / Dennard

X-Factor
1) Justin Gilbert- Has raw ability to develop into an All-Pro FS

2) Johnny Football- Went back and forth with wasted pick but us an uncanny ability to make things happen. May be worth the redshirt.

3) Ryan Shazier- perfect scheme fit at WLB but not a top need. Have faith in Carter.

The Sweet Spot (guys I'd be ok with and likely will be there)
1) Zack Martin
2) Timmy Jernigan
3) Calvin Pryor

DO NOT LIKE!, especially at #16
1) Kony Ealy
2) Haha Clinton-Dix
3) O'dell Beckham Jr
4) Morgan Moses

Trade Down Targets
1) DeMarcus Lawrence
2) Dee Ford
3) Jimmy Ward
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 09:12 AM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My 2014 Dallas Mock

16th - Timmy Jernigan, DT, FSU
47th - Jimmy Ward, S, Northern Illinois
78th - Tom Savage, QB, Pittsburgh
119th - Ronald Powell, DE/OLB, Florida
158th - Storm Johnson, RB, Central Florida
229th - Albert Wilson, WR, Georgia State
231st - Parker Graham, OL, Oklahoma State
238th - Trey Burton, ATH, Florida
248th - Albert Louis-Jean, CB, Boston College
251st - Jeremy Deering, S, Rutgers
254th - Rob Crisp, OL, N.C. State

===================

Powell may be a reach that high, but with how much potential he has he could very well end up giving us a poor man's version of Anthony Barr in the 4th Round.

Trey Burton, as much as I hate Florida, is just a damned gamer who could play FB, TE, H-Back, and even be a Wildcat QB who gives a chance to throw the ball.

Parker Graham and Rob Crisp have tremendous upside and size that can't be taught. Graham would give the versatility to play 4 positions on the OL as a backup.

My favorite pick is ALJ from Boston College. He admittedly didn't show a lot in college, but if there is a 6'2 CB with his speed available that late, you take him.

Jeremy Deering would give us a good athlete late who could be a great special teams asset. He was a RB/WR in HS, so his transition to Safety is still new. He could be a guy in 2-3 years becomes a starter.

Last edited by MassNole : 04-30-2014 at 09:18 AM.
MassNole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Word out of the Jones' is that the only way they draft Jernigan is if they see him as a potential 3 tech as well as a 1 tech.
I guess we'll find out how they view him next week.
Old 04-30-2014, 02:56 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome told reporters at his pre-draft press conference that teams have called them about the No. 17 overall pick, and that they’d entertain such an idea
You would think if thats true, it would bode well for us at 16, right? Would love a trade down option.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 03:11 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
My 2014 Dallas Mock

16th - Timmy Jernigan, DT, FSU
47th - Jimmy Ward, S, Northern Illinois
78th - Tom Savage, QB, Pittsburgh
119th - Ronald Powell, DE/OLB, Florida
158th - Storm Johnson, RB, Central Florida
229th - Albert Wilson, WR, Georgia State
231st - Parker Graham, OL, Oklahoma State
238th - Trey Burton, ATH, Florida
248th - Albert Louis-Jean, CB, Boston College
251st - Jeremy Deering, S, Rutgers
254th - Rob Crisp, OL, N.C. State

===================

Powell may be a reach that high, but with how much potential he has he could very well end up giving us a poor man's version of Anthony Barr in the 4th Round.

Trey Burton, as much as I hate Florida, is just a damned gamer who could play FB, TE, H-Back, and even be a Wildcat QB who gives a chance to throw the ball.

Parker Graham and Rob Crisp have tremendous upside and size that can't be taught. Graham would give the versatility to play 4 positions on the OL as a backup.

My favorite pick is ALJ from Boston College. He admittedly didn't show a lot in college, but if there is a 6'2 CB with his speed available that late, you take him.

Jeremy Deering would give us a good athlete late who could be a great special teams asset. He was a RB/WR in HS, so his transition to Safety is still new. He could be a guy in 2-3 years becomes a starter.
I see you mocking us with Ronald Powell and I say...

He's high on my radar too.
Old 04-30-2014, 03:12 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
You would think if thats true, it would bode well for us at 16, right? Would love a trade down option.
Post your happy/sad list!
Old 04-30-2014, 03:40 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Post your happy/sad list!
Happy: Donald, Barr, Martin, Trade down.

Could live with: Jernigan, Lewan, Pryor, Hageman, Shazier, Ford

Wouldnt like: ANY QB, TE, RB, and most WRs.

Guys like Clowney and Mack wont get close to 16 and I wouldnt trade up for anybody unless its from 16 to 13 or so.

Other than QB, I think we are all on the same page pretty much. Lots of guys in this draft can help us. Agree?

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
Old 04-30-2014, 05:46 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Happy: Donald, Barr, Martin, Trade down.

Could live with: Jernigan, Lewan, Pryor, Hageman, Shazier, Ford

Wouldnt like: ANY QB, TE, RB, and most WRs.

Guys like Clowney and Mack wont get close to 16 and I wouldnt trade up for anybody unless its from 16 to 13 or so.

Other than QB, I think we are all on the same page pretty much. Lots of guys in this draft can help us. Agree?
this post reminds me of one of my favorite discussions in the draft, Taylor Lewan's place in it. 'could live with' Lewan but happy with Martin, I do disagree although like em both. I think Lewan is just so ferocious though, outside of the top 15 consider that kind of plug and play OT a steal whereas Martin is probably a better fit as a guard in the long run.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 09:45 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

**** Taylor Lewan. He's a good player, but I read up on that rape threat he made to that one girl. That's unacceptable asshole behavior. If he's drafted then he'll be a damn good player here, but **** that guy.

Old 05-01-2014, 01:46 AM    (permalink
cmd34
Rookie

cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I see you mocking us with Ronald Powell and I say...

He's high on my radar too.
Fun fact: He went to the same high school as Tyron Smith.

Jerry factor: Ronald Powell was a highly recruited Tight End out of high school. He even caught a TD in the 2010 US Army All-American Bowl. Woo hoo! 4 Tight End Offense!

I'd love it if we landed Powell in the 5th. He could play a Bruce Irvin-type role for us IMO.
cmd34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 04:54 AM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

The kid they brought in Howard Jones is a very interesting prospect at LBer as well. Developmental guy from a small program but if he works out, there's some potential there.

Quote:
STRENGTHS: Athletic build with length and growth potential. Excellent pursuit speed with instant acceleration and impressive quickness for his size. Raw explosion to attack the backfield before blockers can set up. Generates some natural power when he's able to stay low and burst through his hips. Nice job extending his long arms to engage and force the issue. Very good body control and natural flexibility to dip, sink and flatten. Physical tackler and strikes with purpose through his target. NFL motor and effort with a developed work ethic, added 50 pounds during his time in college. Confident, tough and durable. Mature and the consummate teammate. Four-year starter (46 career starts) with versatile experience rushing from a two and three point stance off the edge. Consistent and above average production the last four years, leaving college with 71.0 tackles for loss, 8 forced fumbles, 4 blocked kicks and a school-record 34.5 sacks, finalist for Cliff Harris Award in 2013 (top small college defender).
They brought in Jeffcoats kid, but we don't talk about him, do we not like him?
Lots of question marks there as far as size, strength and injury history.
But as a situational pass rusher, does he offer anything and anyone be ok with the pick?
To me, he's a guy that seems to time faster than he plays, has almost no pass rush moves and just wins with hustle. Kinda like his dad, just smaller.
Idk, he's like the opposite of Demarcus Lawrence, who has decent moves and plays faster than he times.
But if they're willing to look at Jeffcoat, just makes you wonder why they didn't bring Marcus Smith in, who is a better prospect imo.

I'm watching his highlights again, and I come to a game against OSU, and Jeffcoat looked good but this Randle guy at RB is all over place making plays, especially outta the back field and lined up wide...hmmm. I know I'd like a bigger back for us now, but I could see what they liked in Randle.

Last edited by Jas : 05-01-2014 at 06:17 AM.
Old 05-01-2014, 06:24 AM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas View Post
The kid they brought in Howard Jones is a very interesting prospect at LBer as well. Developmental guy from a small program but if he works out, there's some potential there.

They brought in Jeffcoats kid, but we don't talk about him, do we not like him?
Lots of question marks there as far as size, strength and injury history.
But as a situational pass rusher, does he offer anything and anyone be ok with the pick?
To me, he's a guy that seems to time faster than he plays, has almost no pass rush moves and just wins with hustle. Kinda like his dad, just smaller.
Idk, he's like the opposite of Demarcus Lawrence, who has decent moves and plays faster than he times.
But if they're willing to look at Jeffcoat, just makes you wonder why they didn't bring Marcus Smith in, who is a better prospect imo.

I'm watching his highlights again, and I come to a game against OSU, and Jeffcoat looked good but this Randle guy at RB is all over place making plays, especially outta the back field and lined up wide...hmmm. I know I'd like a bigger back for us now, but I could see what they liked in Randle.
I like Jeffcoat a lot, but I think the reason why many aren't talking about him is because he isn't set for an official visit. On that Blogging the Boys list he was set to come for Dallas Day but didn't make it. It wouldn't shock me if they drafted him somewhere in the mid rounds with him being the son of a former Cowboy great, but they probably like other guys better. If they got him I'd be happy because he's got more than one year of being a top player. I get scared of defensive linemen that start for three years but break out in their last year. Jackson had the injury year, but at least he was looking good up until then.

Old 05-01-2014, 07:04 AM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmd34 View Post
Fun fact: He went to the same high school as Tyron Smith.

Jerry factor: Ronald Powell was a highly recruited Tight End out of high school. He even caught a TD in the 2010 US Army All-American Bowl. Woo hoo! 4 Tight End Offense!

I'd love it if we landed Powell in the 5th. He could play a Bruce Irvin-type role for us IMO.
Saying he was a highly recruited TE is like saying Jadaveon Clowney was a highly recruited RB. He was a DE all the way out of HS.
MassNole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 02:54 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Bill Polian on Aaron Donald: "He is the 3 technique of my dreams. ... An incredible mismatch vs. guards in pass protection & pass rush."
Quote:
Dane Brugler ‏@dpbrugler
Zack Martin was one of the most impressive prospects I evaluated all year. Was the best player at the @seniorbowl. One of my faves this year
Couple of tweets on guys we are linked to.