Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 05-08-2014, 09:29 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 05-08-2014, 11:29 PM    (permalink
Matty B
Rookie

Matty B is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matty B is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matty B is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matty B is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matty B is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matty B is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matty B is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matty B is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matty B is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matty B is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matty B is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Ebron as a player, didn't want him though. I feel as though we were in a VERY good spot to trade down in. With HaHa not going until 21 we could have gotten a second even maybe.
Matty B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 11:48 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm hoping for Ealy or Van Noy tomorrow. I would take Jean-Baptiste as well. It'll be interesting to see what happens if lee is there
Old 05-09-2014, 12:03 AM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lots of value left.

Ealy,Van Noy,Tuitt,Lawrence,Lee,Sua'Filo,Mcgill,Joyner,Bapt iste,Mcgill,Bitonio and Martin would all be ok with me. Hoping to grab one of those guys. A QB or 2,Nix and a handful or WRs should push at least one of these guys to us. We might be able to do a quick trade back and still grab one of them.

I had to include Lee as I had him 16th in my final top 50. You don't pass on the 16th player on your board at 45 IMO. Same for Tuitt who I had 24th.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 06:17 AM    (permalink
Leonsandcastle
Rookie

Leonsandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leonsandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leonsandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leonsandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leonsandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leonsandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leonsandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leonsandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leonsandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leonsandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leonsandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bitonio, Van Noy, Ealy, Jean-Baptiste, Landry, or Martin for me. I really hope its not Lee.
Leonsandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 07:44 AM    (permalink
Fred Savage
Rookie

Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love the Ebron pick. Now lets address needs, should a great player left for us in the 2nd.
Fred Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 09:01 AM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Van Noy is the guy I want most. He'd be a great fit to the defense and provide us with a LB we need along with some blitzing versatility.

If Lee is there, I think we will take him. Too much value to pass up.

Jerrimiah Attaochu and Demarcus Lawrence are also fair picks along with Ealy and Tuitt.

Can't go wrong here IMO, I am just hoping the pick is offense. There is enough talent on the board here that I wouldn't mind a move up from our 3rd spot to get Jean-Baptiste or Marcus Martin as well.
Old 05-09-2014, 09:04 AM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

I can't imagine Lee will be there. Cleveland, Oakland and Jacksonville would be crazy to pass on him IMO. Have to think Jacksonville will want to give Bortles a weapon. Hopefully Lee is gone by then and they take ASJ or any of the other WRs.

Just keep pushing the defensive guys down please!
Old 05-09-2014, 11:15 AM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

While I prefer defense, Xavier Sua'FIlo would intrigue me. I like building dominant lines and keeping interior pressure off of Stafford is key. He needs to be able to step up in the pocket.

I don't think a trade up is out of the question here. I'd prefer to sit back, but its highly probable that there are still guys they have graded as first rounders left on the board.
Old 05-09-2014, 11:23 AM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
While I prefer defense, Xavier Sua'FIlo would intrigue me. I like building dominant lines and keeping interior pressure off of Stafford is key. He needs to be able to step up in the pocket.

I don't think a trade up is out of the question here. I'd prefer to sit back, but its highly probable that there are still guys they have graded as first rounders left on the board.
If we went Oline i'd want Marcus Martin. He can play both OG and OC and fills a big future need for us.
Old 05-09-2014, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroit4life View Post
If we went Oline i'd want Marcus Martin. He can play both OG and OC and fills a big future need for us.
G is as big a need as C, both Sims and Raiola are likely gone soon. I have XSF rated significantly higher than Martin. I do like Martin though, so not a major disagreement.
Old 05-09-2014, 11:55 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

There was a general agreement on NFL Network this morning, that this year's second round has nothing but first round talent through all 32 picks, so we should be getting something special no matter who is taken before our pick.

I'd prefer defense but BPA probably rules Mayhew with all this talent staring him in the face. I'd like Marin who can also play OG for a year to gain experience before taking over from Raiola next year. Certainly a lot to choose from.
Old 05-09-2014, 12:24 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

http://rotoviz.com/index.php/2014/04...n-the-numbers/

Great Ebron article
Old 05-09-2014, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

and the sports science on him is fascinating too. Bigger catch radius than Gronk, reaches top end speed faster than any TE they've tested, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_6s2nWC4js

poor video, as its just videotaping a TV, but you can get the point just fine.
Old 05-09-2014, 01:58 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
There was a general agreement on NFL Network this morning, that this year's second round has nothing but first round talent through all 32 picks, so we should be getting something special no matter who is taken before our pick.

I'd prefer defense but BPA probably rules Mayhew with all this talent staring him in the face. I'd like Marin who can also play OG for a year to gain experience before taking over from Raiola next year. Certainly a lot to choose from.
Yeah I certainly wouldn't mind us moving back into the 2nd with our 3rd and 4th or a future pick. There are a lot of guys available that can step in and be an impact player from day 1.
Old 05-09-2014, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Something like Van Noy and then a move up using our 3rd and 4th for Mcgill would really intrigue me. I'd love a DB with that size/speed combo
Old 05-09-2014, 02:59 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Something like Van Noy and then a move up using our 3rd and 4th for Mcgill would really intrigue me. I'd love a DB with that size/speed combo

I like Jean-Baptise more but I doubt he will be around for long. McGill intrigues me a lot as well, same with Desir. I love the size and McGill is also able to play safety in a pinch.

McGill's tackling and overall aggressiveness does concern me a bit.
Old 05-09-2014, 11:26 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Well we got my boy Van Noy and IAC got his coveted 3rd round C. Strong day for us. Played it pretty safe.
Old 05-09-2014, 11:34 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Still some solid cb's on the board to
Old 05-10-2014, 12:35 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm hearing that Ebron will be used as a WR, especially since Mayock said, he only saw Ebron line up as a TE once last year and never saw him block as a TE the whole year. if that is true then it will be Johnson, Ebron, Tate, Pettigrew and Bush for the passing attack. How do teams stop that????

Stafford should have a field day if the OL holds up and doesn't let him get injured. We should definitely be a top 5 offensive team.

I wonder if our new DC will blitz a lot more using Van Noy as a weapon, to keep the pressure off the DB's.

I really like that they prepared a year in advance for Raiola's retirement or should he get injured.
Old 05-10-2014, 12:59 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
I'm hearing that Ebron will be used as a WR, especially since Mayock said, he only saw Ebron line up as a TE once last year and never saw him block as a TE the whole year. if that is true then it will be Johnson, Ebron, Tate, Pettigrew and Bush for the passing attack. How do teams stop that????

Stafford should have a field day if the OL holds up and doesn't let him get injured. We should definitely be a top 5 offensive team.

I wonder if our new DC will blitz a lot more using Van Noy as a weapon, to keep the pressure off the DB's.

I really like that they prepared a year in advance for Raiola's retirement or should he get injured.
Van Noy's 2012 season was insane. 13 sacks, 22 TFL, 6 FFs, 2 INTs.

Does anyone know anything about Swanson? Hopefully he is this years Warford.

I think they'll draft a QB tomorrow. Not sure where.

Stafford should have no excuses. They can really be creative with Pettigrew and Ebron on the field. Tate + Ebron >>>>>> Burleson + Durham. That single back formation you mentioned could be deadly with Bush coming out of the backfield.
Old 05-10-2014, 04:06 AM    (permalink
Cursed_Since_1957
Rookie

Cursed_Since_1957 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cursed_Since_1957 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cursed_Since_1957 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cursed_Since_1957 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cursed_Since_1957 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cursed_Since_1957 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cursed_Since_1957 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cursed_Since_1957 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cursed_Since_1957 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cursed_Since_1957 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cursed_Since_1957 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
Still some solid cb's on the board to
Desir and McGill come to mind.
Cursed_Since_1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 08:38 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Draft academy on espn is making me excited for Desir

I have no major complaints. Van Noy is an outstanding pick plus plenty of corners still out there if the new regime wants one. Also a good safety in Vereen out there that we can draft and develop as a backup. I still would like a pure speed guy at wr to help round out our receiving corps.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 09:31 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Travis Swanson:

4 year starter and 2 year captain for Arkansas.

Works hard to finish blocks.

Their new HC Bielema brought a physicality to Arkansas's OL and Swanson really bought in.

He gets good head position and is very quick laterally, with long arms to steer and turn his target.

Excellent puller and makes good contact and follows through.

Explosive at the point of attack and plays with a nasty attitude.

In a lot of drafts, he would have been a 2nd rounder.
Old 05-10-2014, 09:50 AM    (permalink
Fred Savage
Rookie

Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love this draft so far. IMO we should take Mettenberger or Murray if they are on the board with our next pick. Having this type of offense with no legit back up QB is asking for trouble. It's like buying a $1mm house and having no insurance policy.
Fred Savage is offline   Reply With Quote