Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 04-27-2007, 08:19 AM    (permalink
JCarver27
Rookie

JCarver27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

*sigh*

There's a difference between saying Chris Wells and Brian Robiskie are going to be studs, and just being a complete dick and saying your whole team is going to win the Heisman.
JCarver27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 08:33 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really? I said the entire Michigan team was gonna win the Heisman? News to me;) Chris Wells will win the Heisman with 2,200 yards and 20 tds and Brian Robiskie will have 106 catches, 1865 yards and 16 tds. Happy? Yeesh just because someone says your team won't win the Big 10 doesn't mean you have to have a cow. FWIW, I don't expect anyone in the Big 10 to win the Heisman. I'm thinking McFadden or Slaton despite Slaton playing Division 1-AA football

Regarding Illinois, I love the talent they have, and with real coaching, I think they could possibly be an 8 win team. Since they don't, I'd say 6-6, with a bowl win
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 09:53 AM    (permalink
JCarver27
Rookie

how about when you're talking to me....you address things I said. wouldn't that be neat?

I don't care if people say OSU won't win the big10 every year. they won't. I just laugh at people who say OSU has nothing on offense. that's blatant stupidity, and I'll call you on it when you say it.

Saying Chris Wells and Brian Robiskie will be studs is completely different from this stupidity:
Quote:
Guys, Guys.... Don't worry... Michigan has Stevie Brown, Jonas Mouton, Donavon Warren, and Brandon Graham... We are going to have like the bestest of bestest defensive in the universe. I mean it doesn't matter that they havent proven anythingz they were good recruits and had a good spring... Duh there going to be great.
Quote:
Offense:

QB - Juice has a bunch of talent so he's going to win the Heisman

RB - Mendenhall has the tools to be a great RB, so that's All Big 10 and 20 TD's this season.

WR - We've got Benn and some other people with talent. They'll be so awesome that no one will guard them.

OL: We bring back 3 starters on our OL, which wasn't very good, but hey I'm optimistic so I'll say they stomp on opposing defenses. Got some studly OL recruits coming in too, and they'll be dynamite.

TE - Cumberland and HooMan are very talented, so yea, they're going to dominate.

Defense (a little more rational):

DL: Norwell, Pilcher, Brown, Lindquist, McCray, Brent, Walker...That's a pretty nice rotation right there.

LB: Steele, Leman, and Miller. The best area of our defense. Add in Tez who will play LB next season and that's a dominant group, arguably the best in the Big 10 IMO.

Secondary: Return 3 or 4 starters. Freshman sensation Vontae Davis and two very solid safeties in Harrison and Mitchell. Bellamy and Duvalt are both very promising CB's.

So yea, I'm going to say we only lose 2 games in the conference because I'm very optimistic about our season.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:18 AM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler

DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pretty sure the guy who posted after the illini post said they were going 6-6, i don't think he was serious, you should read the post after...

Here's my logic... Texas lost their Heisman QB and suffered a drop off, OSU not only lost their Heisman QB but their playmaking receiver, and starting tailback. Now if you think your only going to lose one game your crazy. FWIW I do not expect Mich to have a 10 win season after we lose Hart Henne and Manningham, no matter if we return every other starter, you see?
Old 04-27-2007, 01:09 PM    (permalink
JCarver27
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoWnThEfiElD View Post
I'm pretty sure the guy who posted after the illini post said they were going 6-6, i don't think he was serious, you should read the post after...

Here's my logic... Texas lost their Heisman QB and suffered a drop off, OSU not only lost their Heisman QB but their playmaking receiver, and starting tailback. Now if you think your only going to lose one game your crazy. FWIW I do not expect Mich to have a 10 win season after we lose Hart Henne and Manningham, no matter if we return every other starter, you see?
that's right.....cuz I said they'd only lose 1 game. (<---sarcasm)

and I know the guy was joking.....he was acting like I think everybody on Ohio State is going to be an All American. I don't. I think Wells and Robiskie are going to be studs. That's not an insane notion that deserves to be mocked.
Old 04-27-2007, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wells has an amazing combination of size and speed, and I think he will be a stud as well. I'm thinking All Big 10 first team with Hart, and Robiskie will have to show me a little more before I annoint him the next Braylon Edwards. I don't think that's too far fetched, do you? Of course Ohio State will find playmakers on O, they just don't know who they will be besides Wells and possibly Robiskie. Their defense will be able to hold them until they find out who the offensive playmakers will be.
Old 04-27-2007, 01:54 PM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler

DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey JC sorry i thought you started this thread, it was GStock, he's the disillusioned OSU fan.
Old 04-27-2007, 03:14 PM    (permalink
JCarver27
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Wells has an amazing combination of size and speed, and I think he will be a stud as well. I'm thinking All Big 10 first team with Hart, and Robiskie will have to show me a little more before I annoint him the next Braylon Edwards. I don't think that's too far fetched, do you? Of course Ohio State will find playmakers on O, they just don't know who they will be besides Wells and possibly Robiskie. Their defense will be able to hold them until they find out who the offensive playmakers will be.
I never said he'd be Braylon Edwards either....but I'd prefer that he catches the easy passes along with the hard ones.
Old 04-27-2007, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Valid point, but Braylon improved over his career at catching the ball, culminating in a ridiculous senior season. By any chance do you want to trade Michigan your defense for future considerations?????;) We'll even give you Morgan Trent as a down payment!
Old 04-27-2007, 09:07 PM    (permalink
gstock05
Veteran

gstock05 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoWnThEfiElD View Post
Hey JC sorry i thought you started this thread, it was GStock, he's the disillusioned OSU fan.
How am I disillusioned? All the points I brought up were for the most part very well laid out. I gave fair compliments to all teams, and expressed my very honest beliefs about each team. Take it FWIW, it's my opinion. People said OSU's defense was going to blow terribly last year after losing Hawk, carpenter, whitner, youboty, etc...

I felt a lot less confident about that unit than I do about our offense this year. Given our D failed us in the final two games, however, I've watched robiskie and the other receivers enough, in addition to a lot of tidbits I've heard about stuff. In 2002, our offense was not great, in fact, I would almost gaurantee our O will be better in 2007. It was a similar situation. We have a new quarterback who is probably comparable to Krenzel. We have a stud runningback, an experienced (and more talented) offensive line. A deeper receiving corps.

I see no reason saying our offense will be fine is such a big deal. People said the same thing about USC last year. How would they replace Leinart, Bush.. etc. They weren't the same offense as 2005, but they were still very formidable and scored enough points to win most games. I'm saying the same thing about OSU 2007.

I really don't see how that's disillusioned.

And FWIW, comparing Michigan's defense which has lost lots of depth, compared to OSU's offense which was loaded with players waiting behind the stars is a lot different.
gstock05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 11:32 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh stupididty huh JC, what has Robiskie proven that merits he's going to be a star? It remains to be seen that Wells can carry the load. You have no idea what their QB is going to do.

Like I said, I can play that game too. A ton of our guys have a lot of potential, and based off the predictions from Buckeye land in this thread, it's all assuming these guys live up to their potential.

I'll tell you this, if our skill guys on offense live up to theirs and if our defense is as good as I think it can be, look out Big 10. But that's not likely to happen. We're going to be hot and cold this year. We'll play really well at times but our inexperience offensively will cause some bad play too. People are acting like losing all of their offensive weapons isn't going to matter. I'll tell you right now, it will.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 11:39 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

John who?

Good write up for the Badgers. Probably should add something about Hodge and Randel El though.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 10:36 AM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstock05 View Post
How am I disillusioned? All the points I brought up were for the most part very well laid out. I gave fair compliments to all teams, and expressed my very honest beliefs about each team. Take it FWIW, it's my opinion. People said OSU's defense was going to blow terribly last year after losing Hawk, carpenter, whitner, youboty, etc...

I felt a lot less confident about that unit than I do about our offense this year. Given our D failed us in the final two games, however, I've watched robiskie and the other receivers enough, in addition to a lot of tidbits I've heard about stuff. In 2002, our offense was not great, in fact, I would almost gaurantee our O will be better in 2007. It was a similar situation. We have a new quarterback who is probably comparable to Krenzel. We have a stud runningback, an experienced (and more talented) offensive line. A deeper receiving corps.

I see no reason saying our offense will be fine is such a big deal. People said the same thing about USC last year. How would they replace Leinart, Bush.. etc. They weren't the same offense as 2005, but they were still very formidable and scored enough points to win most games. I'm saying the same thing about OSU 2007.

I really don't see how that's disillusioned.

And FWIW, comparing Michigan's defense which has lost lots of depth, compared to OSU's offense which was loaded with players waiting behind the stars is a lot different.

No Texas lost VY and suffered a drop off your gonna have the same thing happen. Im not expecting Mich to win 10 games once we lose our QB RB and WR, even if a majority of our D is returning. Your will not go 11-1, I think there is very few realistic OSU fans who would even think that. I don't care what star players your guys were coming in, until they prove it on the field it means jack.
Old 04-30-2007, 08:50 AM    (permalink
JCarver27
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Oh stupididty huh JC, what has Robiskie proven that merits he's going to be a star? It remains to be seen that Wells can carry the load. You have no idea what their QB is going to do.

Like I said, I can play that game too. A ton of our guys have a lot of potential, and based off the predictions from Buckeye land in this thread, it's all assuming these guys live up to their potential.

I'll tell you this, if our skill guys on offense live up to theirs and if our defense is as good as I think it can be, look out Big 10. But that's not likely to happen. We're going to be hot and cold this year. We'll play really well at times but our inexperience offensively will cause some bad play too. People are acting like losing all of their offensive weapons isn't going to matter. I'll tell you right now, it will.
I realize you're not used to good players replacing good players in Illinois, but Robiskie is the real deal. Wells is even better than that.

Doubt Robiskie all you want because you haven't watched him like I have, but doubting Wells? Come on.
Old 04-30-2007, 05:44 PM    (permalink
BerninWI
Rookie

BerninWI is a cocksman.BerninWI is a cocksman.BerninWI is a cocksman.BerninWI is a cocksman.BerninWI is a cocksman.

Here's the predictions for the big ten in 2008 from espn:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2853847

Predictions:
1. Wisconsin
2. Michigan
3. Ohio State
4. Iowa
5. Penn State
6. Michigan State
7. Illinois
8. Purdue
9. Northwestern
10. Indiana
11. Minnesota

Offensive player of the year: Mike Hart, tailback, Michigan

Defensive player of the year: Jack Ikegwuonu, cornerback, Wisconsin

Comeback: Javon Ringer, tailback, MSU

Breakout: Juice Williams, QB, Illinois

Dynamic Playmaker: Mario Manningham, WR, Michigan

Coach on hot seat: Joe Tiller, Purdue

Surprise team: Iowa

Disappointing team: PSU

Champion: Wisconsin

Ikegwuonu DPOY, somebody's paying attention. I do think Wisconsin wins (I'm biased) the big ten as many national publications are predicted. I think there's a myth on this board that OSU and Michigan are perenially numbers 1 and 2 in the big ten. Last year was a rare occurence. It's especially foolish to believe it will happen again with all that OSU is losing on O and Michigan on D. I do think PSU will be #2 or 3 in the conference. Their LB's and DB's look to be in great shape and Morelli can't be worse next year.

1. Wisconsin, 2. Michigan, 3. PSU, 4. OSU, 5. Iowa, 6. Illinois, 7. Purdue, 8. Indiana, 9. N'western, 10. MSU, 11. Minnesota
BerninWI is offline   Reply With Quote