Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 05-18-2014, 05:53 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
This is a strange opinion to me. He's rarely been an OC and while he got Flacco going as I mentioned above, his real strengths have always been more in his leadership a lot more than playcalling. Working with QBs and leading men.
seriously stop before my eyes bleed

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Maybe This Year Mayhew
Veteran

Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So what will it take for Stafford to get back to 2011 form.

Some interesting things I found. Stafford had 10 picks for 4 losses in 2011(at Chi,GB,at NO, at GB) and in 2013 (at Pit,TB, Bal and NYG). All the other picks were in Detroit wins. 6 in 2011 and 9 in 2013.

Stafford had 29 TDs in 2013 compared to 41 in 2011. The Lions defense had 12 less turnovers forced (22 compared to 34) in 2013 compared to 2011. Is that a coincidence? Detroit also had 8 more fumbles lost in 2013 compared to 2011 (15 to 7).

The drop % was 2.1 % lower in 2011 compared to 2013. None of Staffords receiving weapons got hurt in 2011 (Calvin,Nate,Titus,Pettigrew,Scheffler) Plenty of injuries with Burleosn,Broyles,Calvin and Pettigrew in 2013.

Big year from Stafford in 2014 coming. Coaches should be better and Tate/Ebron/Pettigrew should be better than Burleson/Young/Pettigrew. Bell/Bush 16 games should be better than Best for 6 games too.
Maybe This Year Mayhew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
seriously stop before my eyes bleed
lmao, you believe whatever you need to
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 03:59 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maybe This Year Mayhew View Post
So what will it take for Stafford to get back to 2011 form.

Some interesting things I found. Stafford had 10 picks for 4 losses in 2011(at Chi,GB,at NO, at GB) and in 2013 (at Pit,TB, Bal and NYG). All the other picks were in Detroit wins. 6 in 2011 and 9 in 2013.

Stafford had 29 TDs in 2013 compared to 41 in 2011. The Lions defense had 12 less turnovers forced (22 compared to 34) in 2013 compared to 2011. Is that a coincidence? Detroit also had 8 more fumbles lost in 2013 compared to 2011 (15 to 7).

The drop % was 2.1 % lower in 2011 compared to 2013. None of Staffords receiving weapons got hurt in 2011 (Calvin,Nate,Titus,Pettigrew,Scheffler) Plenty of injuries with Burleosn,Broyles,Calvin and Pettigrew in 2013.

Big year from Stafford in 2014 coming. Coaches should be better and Tate/Ebron/Pettigrew should be better than Burleson/Young/Pettigrew. Bell/Bush 16 games should be better than Best for 6 games too.
I think Stafford is fine. He's 25 and certainly needs some refining. I hope he cleans up his footwork and throws side arm less, but he's also good enough to take us a long way as he is. With the(IMO) elite weapons we now have, I have few worries about how he'll perform.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote