Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-19-2014, 02:53 PM    (permalink
Breed
Veteran

Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Michael Sam, Defensive End, St. Louis Rams

Quote:
Michael Sam's critics received a new piece of red meat this week with the announcement that the Oprah Winfrey Network was creating a multi-part documentary series on Sam's attempt to get an NFL job.
So now this guy is getting a TV show?? Is it just me or is this guy an attention ***** ?
Breed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 02:58 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breed View Post
So now this guy is getting a TV show?? Is it just me or is this guy an attention ***** ?
No, he's not an attention *****, just an attention magnet. I believe the reality show is an attempt to continue to control what gets put out about him and who he talks to. He initially came out because he would have eventually been outed. Coming out on his own meant positive attention, being outed meant negative attention. He hasn't done any interviews since.

With the reality show, he's again controlling the massive media swarm that was already likely to occur. I'm guessing the OWN contract gives them exclusive rights, which keeps a large majority of the media vultures off his back.

It was a smart move, and will ultimately be what's best for the Rams, too.
Old 05-19-2014, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This thread is going places.

We'll see what happens. He is getting his chance which he deserves, he probably got drafted right around where he should've been. Obviously tested poorly but he had some solid production in college. Sacks are sometimes misleading and I feel like that was the case for him as a senior, but there is no denying that he was a produtctive college player. I honestly think he took a step back as a senior despite winning SEC co-defensive player of the year with the stats to back it up.

Even if he is not an attention *****, just an attention magnet, he is an attention magnet who needs to work on his PR people. TV show wasn't the best call for him. I know it got scrapped but that wasn't a good look.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 03:17 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"I'm only focused on football and making the team. And my TV show. Which is about me."

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 03:41 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Michael Sam would be getting a ton of attention whether he played a part in it or not. Given that makes sense for the kid to control as much of that as he can.

Plus it's not like he's going to make much of a career out of football, so a man's gotta do what he's gotta do to get paid, and for Michael Sam that probably means TV and sponsorships to pitch ****.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
We've already seen that your love is only capable of destroying.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Breed
Veteran

Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a feeling that even if he doesn't deserve to make the team Fisher will keep hi, because he knows he will get crucified by the media if he cuts him .
Old 05-19-2014, 03:45 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are you also one of those people who think Der Kommisioner was calling teams in the 7th round trying to bully them into drafting Sam?

Quote:
Old 05-19-2014, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's taking advantage of situation/attention and cashing in. I'd do it, all of you would too.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 04:15 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf (Rosebud) View Post
Michael Sam would be getting a ton of attention whether he played a part in it or not. Given that makes sense for the kid to control as much of that as he can.
Thank you. I don't get why people struggle to understand this.

Quote:
Plus it's not like he's going to make much of a career out of football, so a man's gotta do what he's gotta do to get paid, and for Michael Sam that probably means TV and sponsorships to pitch ****.
I disagree. He's a much better player than he tested. His sack total might have been flukey, but he is very disruptive. He gets really low and penetrates gaps (oh gawd, no pun intended). I think he makes the team because I think he's a solid football player.
Old 05-19-2014, 04:15 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im pretty sure they already put the show on hold since it has gotten a bunch of reactions. Plus, none of the show was to be filmed at the St. Louis facilities.
Old 05-19-2014, 04:18 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf (Rosebud) View Post
Are you also one of those people who think Der Kommisioner was calling teams in the 7th round trying to bully them into drafting Sam?
I think Sam coming out may have dropped him from a possible 5th round pick to a 7th, but also guaranteed he wouldn't be one of those guys that could have been drafted in the 5th but slipped through the cracks and ended up undrafted. I don't think anyone was forced to select him, but I do think every NFL franchise was sitting there hoping someone would take him just so the league didn't appear homophobic, even though they are. The Rams happened to bite the bullet. Unfortunately for Sam he has virtually no chance of cracking that loaded roster, and Im not sure he'll get another shot.
Old 05-19-2014, 04:27 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXdragonXxX View Post
I think Sam coming out may have dropped him from a possible 5th round pick to a 7th, but also guaranteed he wouldn't be one of those guys that could have been drafted in the 5th but slipped through the cracks and ended up undrafted. I don't think anyone was forced to select him, but I do think every NFL franchise was sitting there hoping someone would take him just so the league didn't appear homophobic, even though they are. The Rams happened to bite the bullet. Unfortunately for Sam he has virtually no chance of cracking that loaded roster, and Im not sure he'll get another shot.
I don't disagree with any of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Thank you. I don't get why people struggle to understand this.

I disagree. He's a much better player than he tested. His sack total might have been flukey, but he is very disruptive. He gets really low and penetrates gaps (oh gawd, no pun intended). I think he makes the team because I think he's a solid football player.
He's not a bad football player by any stretch, but he's just not an NFL caliber athlete, especially at a position like pass rusher that places so much emphasis on athleticism over technique. If Michael Sam is still in the league two years from now I will be absolutely shocked.

Quote:
Old 05-19-2014, 04:53 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
Im pretty sure they already put the show on hold since it has gotten a bunch of reactions. Plus, none of the show was to be filmed at the St. Louis facilities.
Yeah. I believe that filming was only going to be away from football and it has now been put on indefinite hold, anyways.

Quote:
Oprah’s Michael Sam Documentary Put On Hold

May 17, 2014

The OWN documentary announced earlier this week has been put on hold, allowing the first openly gay player in the NFL "to have total focus on football" as he attempts to get on the roster for the St. Louis Rams, his agent said

A documentary series set to follow Michael Sam’s life as the first openly gay player in the NFL has been postponed, the Oprah Winfrey Network announced Friday evening.

“After careful consideration and discussion with the St. Louis Rams, ‘The Untitled Michael Sam Project’ has been postponed, allowing Michael the best opportunity to achieve his dreams of making the team,” OWN president Erik Logan said in a statement.

Sam came out publicly in February and was drafted to the St. Louis Rams May 10, becoming the first openly gay player in the NFL. The documentary was reportedly set to follow the Rams draftee in his attempt to make the team’s roster, ESPN reports. The show would have been divided into six or eight segments.

The NFL was unaware of the documentary before the OWN network announcement on Wednesday.

An anonymous player on the Rams told ESPN before the show was canceled that it could cause some friction on the team. “It’s an interesting case that he gets to work with Oprah and have his own show, but I think it does raise eyebrows and it may be somewhat of a distraction,” the player said.

Sam’s agent, Cameron Weiss, met with the Rams in person on Friday and said after the meeting that it was in the interests of the team to put the documentary on hold. The postponement “will allow for Michael to have total focus on football, and will ensure no distractions to his teammates,” Weiss said. “Everybody involved remains committed to this project and understands its historical importance as well as its positive message.”
http://time.com/103699/michael-sam-o...ry-rams-oprah/
Old 05-19-2014, 04:57 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know, whats the problem with someone doing a series or documentary on his story? He's a pioneer in the NFL. Thats not being an attention *****, imo he deserves the spotlight for his courage.
Why is it a distraction? Is it a distraction when they cover other players journeys to the NFL or do hard knocks?

Last edited by Jas : 05-19-2014 at 05:01 PM.
Jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Breed
Veteran

I like the way some of you are trying to play it off. Name the last 7th to del that had ESPN camera crew in his living room on draft day ?? This guy is an attention ***** and I rest my case !!!
Old 05-19-2014, 07:02 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I like the way some of you are trying to play it off. Name the last 7th to del that had ESPN camera crew in his living room on draft day ?? This guy is an attention ***** and I rest my case !!!
Lol, are you serious? ESPN had a camera crew in his room because he's going to be the first openly gay player to ever play in the NFL. Like, ever, in the entire history of the NFL's existence. It'd be stupid if everyone just ignored it. And so what if he lets them film? Is Tre Mason an attention ***** because he had cameras in his house? Is every other player that had cameras in their house an attention *****? Here's a wild theory, your actual issue is with the fact that he's gay, and not the fact that he is accepting attention...

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 07:13 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No, let's be honest here. I have to say his desire to get some attention can not be ignored. He didn't come out because his sexuality was causing a problem for him, nor did he come out directly after he won the SEC DPOY. He didn't wait until he was drafted then announce he was gay. His sexuality is by far the most notable thing about him now.

What is going to be the determining factor for me, is will we see him do what needs to be done so other players after him may not have to go through some of what he went through, or did he do it to be known?

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 07:29 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
No, let's be honest here. I have to say his desire to get some attention can not be ignored. He didn't come out because his sexuality was causing a problem for him, nor did he come out directly after he won the SEC DPOY. He didn't wait until he was drafted then announce he was gay. His sexuality is by far the most notable thing about him now.

What is going to be the determining factor for me, is will we see him do what needs to be done so other players after him may not have to go through some of what he went through, or did he do it to be known?

Whenever he came out people would have been saying he was doing it for attention. His teammates already knew he was gay; it was going to come out eventually through the draft process. And it's better for him to say it rather than everyone else find out and ask him why he's been hiding it. If he wanted attention he would've come out before February...

Why can't he just come out because he doesn't want to hide it from millions of people?

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Breed
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post

Whenever he came out people would have been saying he was doing it for attention. His teammates already knew he was gay; it was going to come out eventually through the draft process. And it's better for him to say it rather than everyone else find out and ask him why he's been hiding it. If he wanted attention he would've come out before February...

Why can't he just come out because he doesn't want to hide it from millions of people?
If he didn't want attention he would've came out his freshman year at Mizzu, but noooo he waits till he is going to enter the NFL spotlight.

Last edited by Breed : 05-19-2014 at 07:44 PM.
Old 05-19-2014, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

How has he not done that already being the first openly gay player drafted? He is already paving a path. He came out to his team before he came out to the world. The team managed to keep a secret. 100ish guys in college managed to keep a mans secret to me that seems near impossible. The world hasn't exploded yet. People keep saying for a 7th round draft pick he is getting to much attention but I've never heard anyone complain about Eric Legrand getting attention who was never drafted or a good player but he has a story to tell.

Even if it is for "attention *****" purposes what is the worst that could happen? It will just be following him around training camp like Gatorade does with their "Everything to prove" or Hard knocks. Michael Sam doesn't have to be the next Jackie Robinson.

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 07:34 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If he didn't want attention he would've came out his freshman year year at Mizzu, but noooo he waits till he is going to enter the NFL spotlight.
This is the best troll post I have ever seen.

Old 05-19-2014, 07:36 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
And thus starts the hamster-wheel...

Understand, I'm playing the devil's advocate here for the sake of intelligent discussion mind you, but why "come out".

If your desire is to be treated for who you are as opposed to what you may be labeled as, what then is "coming out"?

Old 05-19-2014, 07:39 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Quote:
And thus starts the hamster-wheel...

Understand, I'm playing the devil's advocate here for the sake of intelligent discussion mind you, but why "come out".

If your desire is to be treated for who you are as opposed to what you may be labeled as, what then is "coming out"?
Does his motivation really matter? It opened the door for other not just in football but anywhere in life.

Old 05-19-2014, 07:39 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
How has he not done that already being the first openly gay player drafted? He is already paving a path.
You can pave a path for you in the short term or for others behind you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
Michael Sam doesn't have to be the next Jackie Robinson.
But fair or not, that is what he will be compared to.

Old 05-19-2014, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jackie Robinson is famous for being famous for something he isn't. People think he's the first black player in the MLB when he wasn't. He gets all the fame, publicity and easy means to make money for the public giving him credit for that.

Michael Sam should want the same thing and he should be smart enough to know that just because he was first openly gay player to get drafted doesn't mean he will be remembered or even get credit for opening doors.

A gay football star might come around in a couple years and take the spotlight or could be an okay starter for players for years that gets the claim to fame.

Nothing wrong with Sam wanting to try to maximize the attention he is getting now. If he does keep the credit it makes earning money much easier.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote