Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-20-2014, 04:05 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default NY Jets Talent Level

Guys looking at this roster two years ago they were capped out and aged out. Not saying they're up for the super bowl, but this roster has young studs popping up all over the place.

Defense- Wilkerson and Richardson lead the way. Coples runs hot and cold but still makes plays. Davis brings speed at MLB. Add in Miller and McDougle as CB and Safety Pryor. Wilson as a nickle CB

Offense- Smith and Vick, Johnson and Ivory, Decker and a bunch of speed guys like Ford, Hill, Saunders, Evans. Amaro at TE who really a big WR. And two Vet Pro Bowlers in D'Brick and Mangold.

My out look is if you give Rex Ryan one more year to build this team he'll have them fighting back in AFC Champ Games. He growing what could be a top 5 young D that will be together for years on years... Think Pitt a few years ago. Has play makers on O now.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 04:33 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Jets have done very well recently in overhauling their roster, but let's not go overboard.

The defensive line is nasty and Wilkerson and Richardson are absolute studs and Harrison looked really good last year too. Coples is way too inconsistent for my liking but he does have tools.

Their back 7 can be got at though. The LB corps isn't great and you are banking on 2 rookies and a 2nd year player who while he improved throughout the season looked very suspect at times.

However, Rex will coach them up and they will be a top 10 defense.

Offensively they are still a bit of a train wreck IMO. I think the offensive line is very average and D'Brickashaw Ferguson is overrated. That being said it isn't a liability.

Adding Decker helped but Decker should not be the main option in any passing attack. He absolutely disappeared against the better defenses for Denver. Hill is terrible and once again it is asking a lot of a rookie to pick up a lot at TE.

Their running game should be ok to good with Ivory but I don't think Chris Johnson has anything left, certainly not the speed he once had.

But in saying that, this offense will go as far as Geno Smith takes them. If he improves at a steady rate the Jets could definitely be a good wildcard team, but IMO, they are a ways away from challenging the better teams in the conference on a consistent basis.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 10:18 AM    (permalink
AHungryWalrus
Veteran

AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Someone thinks we're good! This is my Superbowl.
AHungryWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 03:52 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When you break the Jets down per man on both sides of the football, they look like a playoff team.

If you made their top 30 players FAs tomorrow, many of them would be getting paid big money on the open market.

It's still all about the QB.

Too bad ButtFumble is gone. He could probably win 10 games with this squad.lol
Old 05-21-2014, 04:21 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Jets are considerably better than they were a year ago. And I expect them to finish with around the same record.

For whatever reason everybody seems to have them picking in the top 10, I don't expect them to be that bad. The defense should keep them in games. But I'm a couple more productive offseasons away from thinking they're a playoff team.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 04:46 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Top RB dances and sucks.
Second RB can't stay healthy.
Top WR prone to mistakes and is going to adjust to being the man.
Top TE is a rookie coming out of a very friendly offense.
QB A can't ever stay healthy and is prone to turnovers
QB B is coming off a horrible rookie season.
OL is good.
2nd WR is a good 3rd WR.

The offense added talent but it would be surprising if they made that mishmosh work into anything more than an inconsistent unit. Too many question marks even if it is more talented. I do like Morningweigh though.

On defense they should be fantastic. CB play will obviously be the difference between being a top 10 unit and one of the best in the entire league.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 04:50 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They dont have the offense yet. They added players but they are far from great on that side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 06:30 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Top RB dances and sucks.
Second RB can't stay healthy.
Top WR prone to mistakes and is going to adjust to being the man.
Top TE is a rookie coming out of a very friendly offense.
QB A can't ever stay healthy and is prone to turnovers
QB B is coming off a horrible rookie season.
OL is good.
2nd WR is a good 3rd WR.

The offense added talent but it would be surprising if they made that mishmosh work into anything more than an inconsistent unit. Too many question marks even if it is more talented. I do like Morningweigh though.

On defense they should be fantastic. CB play will obviously be the difference between being a top 10 unit and one of the best in the entire league.
You nailed it. I completely agree.
Old 05-23-2014, 06:27 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To me, it really depends on whether the Jets go with Geno Smith or Michael Vick. I'll give them six or seven wins with Geno, seven to nine with Vick.
Old 05-26-2014, 02:24 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Actually, with Vick I think we're headed for a 8-8 season, but with Geno we at least have the potential for more. The offense added a lot, and yet added very little at the same time. There still really isn't a difference maker there, and it seems like they're more interested in a Pats sort of offense where everyone fits a role. Could get complicated. Hopefully whoever at QB is up to the task. We'll need our OL to play significantly better, and they as much as the growth of Geno can determine how far we'll go. We do have a lot of pieces at the skill positions that are complete wildcards, but I think in most every case they have to be willed on by our QB.

The defense will be all about the pass rush. I think this is the option year for Coples, so I assume he will play well, and if he does and stays healthy along with Barnes, Mo, Rich, and Dame, I feel like we might be doing pretty well for ourselves. Possible sleeper in Reilly. The back end of the defense ultimately doesn't have enough talent in it to hold up on its own, so we will have to rely solely on the pass rush (which, really, is what they should have spent this offseason fortifying).

I would say 10-6 to 7-9 is what we're looking at. Expecting similar peaks and valleys to last season, but if we can finish strong and make the playoffs, our team would probably be at a level where they could theoretically take anyone in the AFC.
Old 05-27-2014, 10:03 AM    (permalink
Nameless Ghoul
Rookie

Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The defense appears to be on the verge of being great. Need another pass rusher. The offense is a work in progress, I'm not really sure what the identity is? Vick is capable of winning a some games early in the season we he won't hold up. John Idzik has done a nice job in terms of just bringing in a ton of new young talent, but will it come together on offense? I think Rex Ryan needs to have a winning season to get the long term contract he covets. Can Vick or Smith manage this team to a 9 or 10 win season? I don't think its impossible.
Nameless Ghoul is offline   Reply With Quote