Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 05-20-2014, 05:45 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
No no no no no.....Nelson punted a guy in the head while he was laying on the ground. That's attempted murder in a lot of cases.

It's one thing to accidentally seriously injure someone in a fight. It's not a legal justification most of the time, but it happens. You should know, however, that if you kick someone squarly in the head while they are defenseless, you are very likely going to give them a severe concussion at the least. That's not an incidental injury.

Any justification of what Nelson did is beyond stupid; he deserves some serious jail time.
The same could be said for punching someone with their back turned to you. Is it stupid to kick someone on the ground? Yes. Do I think he deserves serious jail time? No. The other guy started it as far as I know. I can see why Nelson acted the way he did. Guy punched him when Nelson had his back turned and it was done in front of his girlfriend. Just cause the other guy ended up getting the worst of it doesn't make what he did any better.

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 06:43 PM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
The same could be said for punching someone with their back turned to you. Is it stupid to kick someone on the ground? Yes. Do I think he deserves serious jail time? No. The other guy started it as far as I know. I can see why Nelson acted the way he did. Guy punched him when Nelson had his back turned and it was done in front of his girlfriend. Just cause the other guy ended up getting the worst of it doesn't make what he did any better.
A weekend in jail sends about right.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 11:05 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Lol this has nothing to do with anything.

Anyway, I don't think anyone is saying the victim did nothing wrong. Did he deserve to get punched in the face? Probably. But when he was on the ground semi-conscious/possibly unconscious, it was well past over. What Nelson did was unjustifiable and he deserves a long, long jail sentence.

If it turns out this kid dies, do you still think he got what he deserved? Even if Nelson was fighting back (note: not defending himself, because in no shape or form was he defending himself) even if the kid punched first, Nelson likely committed manslaughter.

I can understand arguing he was in the right to fight back, but what he did was not fighting back and was cowardly as hell.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 06:06 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And it doesn't make what Nelson did any less criminal.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 06:37 AM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Lol this has nothing to do with anything.

Anyway, I don't think anyone is saying the victim did nothing wrong. Did he deserve to get punched in the face? Probably. But when he was on the ground semi-conscious/possibly unconscious, it was well past over. What Nelson did was unjustifiable and he deserves a long, long jail sentence.

If it turns out this kid dies, do you still think he got what he deserved? Even if Nelson was fighting back (note: not defending himself, because in no shape or form was he defending himself) even if the kid punched first, Nelson likely committed manslaughter.

I can understand arguing he was in the right to fight back, but what he did was not fighting back and was cowardly as hell.
Umm ya that was everything to do with anything. When understanding his mindset no guy wants to get embarrassed in front of his girlfriend/wife. Again what the other guy did to start the fight was cowardly as hell. Obviously there needs to be more details of what actually happened.

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 09:18 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Umm ya that was everything to do with anything. When understanding his mindset no guy wants to get embarrassed in front of his girlfriend/wife. Again what the other guy did to start the fight was cowardly as hell. Obviously there needs to be more details of what actually happened.
No, it has nothing to do with justifying what Nelson did. Oh, he was embarrassed to get sucker punched? Guess it's ok to kill someone.

Again, no one has ever said what the victim did was smart, justified, blameless, or not cowardly. Both guys were drunk and idiots. What Nelson did goes well beyond anything that did or should have happened in that situation.

Give me one legitimate reason it was OK for Nelson to kick a semi-conscious person in the head as they lay on the ground? Was his life in danger?
Old 05-21-2014, 09:49 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Big Ten just pocketed an extra $48 million dollars in new TV money due to the deals with cable companies made for East Coast carriage subscribers. At least Maryland and Rutgers can add in that regard to begin with.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 10:02 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Big Ten just pocketed an extra $48 million dollars in new TV money due to the deals with cable companies made for East Coast carriage subscribers. At least Maryland and Rutgers can add in that regard to begin with.
Yea, just saw that and I'm guessing is basically what Delaney wanted from the get go. We'll see how it plays out going forward, especially with championship games on the east coast.

Also, if Iowa backs don't run for like 34196416847 yards behind our OL this season, they should all be cut and Greg Davis fired.
Old 05-21-2014, 11:08 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No, it has nothing to do with justifying what Nelson did. Oh, he was embarrassed to get sucker punched? Guess it's ok to kill someone.

Again, no one has ever said what the victim did was smart, justified, blameless, or not cowardly. Both guys were drunk and idiots. What Nelson did goes well beyond anything that did or should have happened in that situation.

Give me one legitimate reason it was OK for Nelson to kick a semi-conscious person in the head as they lay on the ground? Was his life in danger?
Sucker punching a defenseless person can be legally viewed the same as kicking a defenseless person. People can, and do, die from sucker punches.

These are two separate acts and both are douchebags. Kicking a defenseless person is just as bad as punching a defenseless person.

I haven't seen the video, and don't want to, so I don't have the context. But it sounds like douchebag QB went above and beyond the point of retaliation.

I'll guess that they were all drunk. Getting attacked when drunk doesn't lead to rational thought. I.e. temporary insanity. Blind rage.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 11:34 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Yea, I mean I'm not defending what the first kid did. That in itself was bad.

The difference is apparently the sucker punch didn't do much damage, where as the kick to the head could kill someone. You don't get off with the defense "he did it first" and you absolutely get punished more severely if the effect of your action is worse.

Now, there is still the argument (from what I read last week) that the knockout punch from the 2nd asshat on Nelson's side was what caused the majority of the damage and they don't know if the kick was the main cause of everything. Even so, it's chickenshit move and there is absolutely no way to justify what Nelson did unless someone's life was in danger and he was preventing it, which is not the case.
Old 05-21-2014, 12:06 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yea, I mean I'm not defending what the first kid did. That in itself was bad.

The difference is apparently the sucker punch didn't do much damage, where as the kick to the head could kill someone. You don't get off with the defense "he did it first" and you absolutely get punished more severely if the effect of your action is worse.

Now, there is still the argument (from what I read last week) that the knockout punch from the 2nd asshat on Nelson's side was what caused the majority of the damage and they don't know if the kick was the main cause of everything. Even so, it's chickenshit move and there is absolutely no way to justify what Nelson did unless someone's life was in danger and he was preventing it, which is not the case.
I agree with all of that. I just don't want to mitigate the severity and chickenshitedness of sucker punching someone.

Also, the guy wouldn't almost be dead if he hadn't sucker punched a dude. When you go chickenshit a-bomb on someone, it's hard to know what kind of repercussions are going to fall out of that.
Old 05-29-2014, 01:42 PM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

SBNation 2014 Previews for the B1G
Old 07-02-2014, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can officially post here as a memeber!!!!!!

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-02-2014, 02:13 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I can officially post here as a memeber!!!!!!
Thank you for the tv revenue and the annual automatic win.
Old 07-04-2014, 08:17 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

OSU site welcomes Rutgers and Maryland to the B1G.

Love this quote.

Quote:
Basically, Maryland is a five, but standing next to a three like Rutgers -- and in the right light -- suddenly it can pass for a seven-and-a-half.
Old 07-05-2014, 10:46 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ohio State fans are such douchebags.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 10:47 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Maryland is not better and we might have the worst coach in the power conferences.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-05-2014, 12:03 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They're probably better next year. Maryland should be pretty solid.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 12:15 PM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

Quote:
They're probably better next year. Maryland should be pretty solid.
Stefon Diggs could be the most electric WR in the B1G.
Old 07-05-2014, 12:25 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Leonte Carroo. 1st round pick when he comes out as well. Diggs is great.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-05-2014, 05:53 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

Quote:
Ohio State fans are such douchebags.
Yeah, ad hom away, ya traitor.
Old 07-06-2014, 10:51 AM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ohio State D-Lineman Tracy Sprinkle suspended indefinitely for drug possession (cocaine), rioting, failure to disperse at a lounge called the Grown & Sexy.

Last edited by Jcn92 : 07-06-2014 at 04:26 PM.
Jcn92 is offline   Reply With Quote