Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-03-2014, 04:47 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default NFL.com All Time Draft.

I thought this was interesting. It was done a few weeks ago leading up to the NFL draft. Basically some folks at NFL.com did a fun activity where all the NFL teams for this year's draft pick in the same order, but are allowed to pick any player in NFL history (as a rookie I'm guessing) to add to their team except players that are already in the NFL.

For instance, they had the Texans take John Elway with the first overall pick.

The rest of the selections can be viewed here via a photo gallery:

http://www.nfl.com/photos/0ap2000000342606

There are detailed video segments detailing each selection, but I'm guessing most of you aren't going to watch a three minute discussion per pick.

The 49ers took Tony Dorsett at 30. I think I would have went with Mike Haynes who was still on the "board" at the time.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 05:53 AM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joe Namath in the top ten but no Peyton Manning. Get the **** out of here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 06:25 AM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
Joe Namath in the top ten but no Peyton Manning. Get the **** out of here.
It doesn't include players still in the league.
Old 06-03-2014, 07:04 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey guys, Joe Namath > Joe Montana.

Because pimpin'.

Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 08:58 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joe Namath is the most overrated player ever.
Old 06-03-2014, 10:36 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, stopped reading at Joe Namath.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 12:07 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys are missing the point. Joe Montana wasn't considered an elite prospect. Joe Namath was.

That's why Namath went ahead of him.

If they were just going by who was the best NFL players were then Montana should've went 1 overall instead of Elway.

EDIT: Nvm, I just saw Deacon go in the top 10 which refutes my assumption considering Deacon was like a 10th round draft pick or something. Nvm. Carry on.

Last edited by bigbluedefense : 06-03-2014 at 12:09 PM.
bigbluedefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 12:33 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joe Namath over Joe Montana is ********. That pick didn't even register to me late last night/this morning.

I started this thread in the hopes you folks would express what pick you would want your team to make....or if you are satisfied with the pick the list chose for your team. Remember, this adds a single player from NFL history to your current team.

Quote:
Old 06-03-2014, 12:35 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't like our pick. I wouldve taken Deacon Jones or Randy Moss over Rod Woodson.
Old 06-03-2014, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I didn't like our pick. I wouldve taken Deacon Jones or Randy Moss over Rod Woodson.
Not an offensive linemen?

Quote:
Old 06-03-2014, 01:38 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Not an offensive linemen?
Well, we desperately need help at pass rusher as well and how do you pass on Deacon Jones you know? I think he impacts the game as a pass rusher more than an OT would.

And Moss bc he's literally my favorite offensive player of all time. I always wished he would wind up on the Giants one day but it never happened. Love Moss to death.
Old 06-03-2014, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No John Hannah validates it as garbage.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 03:41 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
No John Hannah validates it as garbage.
Where would you have slotted Hannah on that list? To what team?

Quote:
Old 06-03-2014, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have to laugh at the Lions taking Dion Sanders.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Where would you have slotted Hannah on that list? To what team?
Talent wise anywhere from 8 on.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

edit: redacted. nfl.com is not where I want to go for league history. ironically, their writers are pretty bad at it.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 06:45 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Talent wise anywhere from 8 on.
What if you team already has a good guard though? I mean Hannah is arguably the best, but if your team can chose anyone from any position in the history of the league to help your current team...are you really going to pick a guard?

Quote:
Old 06-03-2014, 06:49 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
edit: redacted. nfl.com is not where I want to go for league history. ironically, their writers are pretty bad at it.
I actually find Elliot Harrison to be pretty insightful about league history. Well, at least regarding players' careers. Chris Wessling isn't bad either.

Quote:
Old 06-03-2014, 06:49 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I actually find Elliot Harrison to be pretty insightful about league history. Well, at least regarding players' careers. Chris Wessling isn't bad either.
There are a couple outliers, yes.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 07:49 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They just randomly picked their favorite historical players, and used the draft order as a ranking. Some guys don't fit schemes, while others would be neutralized in today's rule setup.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 02:32 PM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What a terrible Rams draft. Jim Brown in today's NFL? Passing on a QB again to take Randy Moss? Moss made Daunte Culpepper look great because Culpepper could just chuck it really deep and Moss would out run and out jump people. Bradford has a bad arm, what a wasted pick.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 08:42 PM    (permalink
Lil Quip
Rookie

Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am just wondering who let Warren Sapp be the GM for the Patriots?
Lil Quip is offline   Reply With Quote