Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 05-29-2014, 06:58 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Well it looks like we found out why Vernon Davis is skipping voluntary workouts. Apparently he wants a new deal.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...act-from-49ers

SF brass has supposedly known about this since around February though. I could understand Boone, but Vernon is already getting paid top dollar at his position. Anyways, I don't think much comes of it in the long run.
New contract doesn't just mean more money. He wants an extension, I'm sure.
Old 05-29-2014, 07:03 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why Davis ugh if he had more reception yards possible but not with just a block TE as that is how he is mostly used.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 12:53 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
New contract doesn't just mean more money. He wants an extension, I'm sure.
Probably. I'm just tired of hearing about someone ***** about their contract every five minutes.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 01:20 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Probably. I'm just tired of hearing about someone ***** about their contract every five minutes.
I understand, but hearing that someone would like a new contract doesn't directly mean that the player is upset with their current one.

Perhaps Davis just wants the security of an extension.
Old 05-31-2014, 12:54 AM    (permalink
Swoll_Cat
Rookie

Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I understand, but hearing that someone would like a new contract doesn't directly mean that the player is upset with their current one.

Perhaps Davis just wants the security of an extension.
you gotta be kidding me. IT DOESNT MATTER. Point being is hes losing $ every day because he wants $$$. whats worse is that while yes he arguably has the stats to warrant it, hes an aging demi-star whose best asset as a pass catcher has become even more saturated this off-season. And absolutely disappearing during the NFCCG doesnt bode well with management, myself, and any fan who truly values these kinds of performances>>>>>anything accomplished in the regular season.

Hes worth getting paid like the third best tight end in the league (coincidentally he is....), dont get me wrong. but if he wants to command a contract amongst the likes of the other 2 tight ends getting paid more than him (I wonder who that could be)......then hes going to have to prove that he isnt a diminishing asset at this point in his career. Security is great, but if youre telling me hes levying capital in the form of a quarter of a million dollars (You do realize that football players dont make that much....) SPECIFICALLY for that purpose then I think you should consider taking an economics course or a class in finance to see just how money makes the world go round

Moral of the story is he needs to sit his ass down and blow up like implants this year if he wants to see the cash flow of a 25 year old standout. I dont care how you spin it, hes wrong for making such a demand esp at such a defining point in this 49er generation

Last edited by Swoll_Cat : 05-31-2014 at 03:51 AM.
Swoll_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 07:00 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swoll_Cat View Post
you gotta be kidding me. IT DOESNT MATTER. Point being is hes losing $ every day because he wants $$$. whats worse is that while yes he arguably has the stats to warrant it, hes an aging demi-star whose best asset as a pass catcher has become even more saturated this off-season. And absolutely disappearing during the NFCCG doesnt bode well with management, myself, and any fan who truly values these kinds of performances>>>>>anything accomplished in the regular season.

Hes worth getting paid like the third best tight end in the league (coincidentally he is....), dont get me wrong. but if he wants to command a contract amongst the likes of the other 2 tight ends getting paid more than him (I wonder who that could be)......then hes going to have to prove that he isnt a diminishing asset at this point in his career. Security is great, but if youre telling me hes levying capital in the form of a quarter of a million dollars (You do realize that football players dont make that much....) SPECIFICALLY for that purpose then I think you should consider taking an economics course or a class in finance to see just how money makes the world go round

Moral of the story is he needs to sit his ass down and blow up like implants this year if he wants to see the cash flow of a 25 year old standout. I dont care how you spin it, hes wrong for making such a demand esp at such a defining point in this 49er generation
Actually, he and his agent are playing it pretty smart. You strike while the iron is hot and he's coming off a pretty good year, all things considered. He caught 13 of the 21 TDs CK threw last year. And he's turning 30(or did he already?) this year. As Baalke(hopefully) acquires more and more weapons for CK to flourish as a passer, his numbers are bound to decline, which will deminish his bargaining power. Better to do it now, while he is STILL the focal point of the passing offense. I don't care how anyone spins it, VD's presence alone allows a slow-as-molasses, possession WR like Boldin and and a quick but not fast guy like Crabs to see a lot of one on one coverage. And SJ isn't known as a big deep threat either so make no doubt about it, he has leverage at this time.

You take away VD's speed away from this passing attack and its still a good group of WRs, but no real mismatch for opposing DCs to worry with and absolutely no big play element because of the lack of verticality missing from the group. Not saying I agree with VD's holdout...because I don't really. He had his turn at the table....its time to let others eat. But I absolutely understand why and why now.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 05-31-2014 at 10:26 AM.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 05:30 PM    (permalink
Swoll_Cat
Rookie

Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Actually, he and his agent are playing it pretty smart. You strike while the iron is hot and he's coming off a pretty good year, all things considered. He caught 13 of the 21 TDs CK threw last year. And he's turning 30(or did he already?) this year. As Baalke(hopefully) acquires more and more weapons for CK to flourish as a passer, his numbers are bound to decline, which will deminish his bargaining power. Better to do it now, while he is STILL the focal point of the passing offense. I don't care how anyone spins it, VD's presence alone allows a slow-as-molasses, possession WR like Boldin and and a quick but not fast guy like Crabs to see a lot of one on one coverage. And SJ isn't known as a big deep threat either so make no doubt about it, he has leverage at this time.

You take away VD's speed away from this passing attack and its still a good group of WRs, but no real mismatch for opposing DCs to worry with and absolutely no big play element because of the lack of verticality missing from the group. Not saying I agree with VD's holdout...because I don't really. He had his turn at the table....its time to let others eat. But I absolutely understand why and why now.
and that is EXACTLY why hes worth what hes getting paid right now. Its all about precedence and fair market value. 850 yard + 12 Touchdowns at the age of 30 buys you the 6 you just earned along with 4.7 and 4.3 million.

Alternatively, 86 RECEPTIONS, 1,215, 16 TD, AND unequivocally commanding double and triple teams by way of being the best player on the field at 27 years of age BUYS YOU 7 million.

Points of contention aside, I agree were going to need him more than ever this year. But as a leader and veteran of the team, jamba juice needs to learn his place for the good of winning a superbowl.
Old 06-03-2014, 03:43 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Blake Costanzo is back. The 49ers released offensive linemen Al Netter to make room for him for the 90 man roster limit. Special teams battles are going to be interesting in training camp this season.

Quote:
Old 06-04-2014, 06:09 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where is everyone on Kaep's deal? 61 guaranteed ? damn .
Old 06-04-2014, 10:33 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Franchise QBs ain't cheap. Not much to discuss. Baalke and Marathe got this.
Old 06-05-2014, 01:10 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

O just figured Dan would shutting up a storm in here after news about ck. He's been mia lately.
Old 06-05-2014, 09:36 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Waiting on my laptop from ebay. Returned the one i bought for a ps4 instead. Using my ps4 web browser until then and typing is a pain so im barely online.

As for Kaepernick, his contract is a series of one year deals with a $13m or so signing bonus. Its a steal for the 49ers. And if Kaepernick was to suffer a career ending injury, he would owe the 49ers $20m. Baalke and Marathe FTW!!!
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 09:41 AM    (permalink
Justone2
Veteran

Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Contracts like this are so much about the little things instead of just the big numbers. Great deal for us but also from Kaepernicks standpoint it is an amazing deal.
Old 06-05-2014, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like I said before the details came out ...

Baalke and Marathe got this.
Old 06-06-2014, 12:55 AM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Where is everyone on Kaep's deal? 61 guaranteed ? damn .
I don't think there's a team out there in the NFL that can say missing the SuperBowl = more money to sign better players to challenge for the ring again.
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 06:19 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

So what the **** is up with Davis. He said he is skipping ota's because of his "brand". Wtf is up with players these days. Gotta name their **** or what.
Old 06-06-2014, 03:35 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder, if part of the reason we signed our entire draft class and Kaepernick so early was so that Paraag could focus his negotiating efforts on Harbaugh?

I do hope we get him locked up soon- its our last main priority, and i'd rather not hear these Baalke/Harbaugh uncertainty stories for another year.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 02:28 AM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
I wonder, if part of the reason we signed our entire draft class and Kaepernick so early was so that Paraag could focus his negotiating efforts on Harbaugh?
Wage scale for draft picks means that it's a lot easier to sign drafted players. A bunch of teams have already finished signing their draft class.
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 03:39 AM    (permalink
Swoll_Cat
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post

I do hope we get him locked up soon- its our last main priority, and i'd rather not hear these Baalke/Harbaugh uncertainty stories for another year.
We signed our entire draft class because Baalke was afraid the team was starting to lose sight of its philosophical tenant and that is we don't overpay for #$%^. The team is home grown from the bottom up and that's the 49er way plain and simple. We're not in the position were in today by running around throwing exorbitant amounts of cash at every overrated FA that becomes available. You do this to blatantly avoid the salary cap/draft selection hell i'd like to call washington.

I could write a 25 page dissertation on what this means, but do us all a favor and utilize the power of inference. SF and Seattle are the two clear cut best teams in the league and its not even close for exactly this reason. Replenished depth, fresh CHEAP contracts, youth, position security, POTENTIAL, you name it. You can bet the farm this is the way its going to be for a long time.

While I'm still a firm believer that were one elite corner away from winning the superbowl - (I wonder if russell really thinks he can keep running around on aldon and ahmad knowing well that he can't make another lucky lob unless its for a pick six....) one can hope that this years draft class solidifies the team for years to come. If we win the superbowl this year and that is a big if, its gonna come down to the develpment of Jimmy Ward and Eric Reid.

Last edited by Swoll_Cat : 06-07-2014 at 03:50 AM.
Old 06-08-2014, 12:23 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swoll_Cat View Post
We signed our entire draft class because Baalke was afraid the team was starting to lose sight of its philosophical tenant and that is we don't overpay for #$%^. The team is home grown from the bottom up and that's the 49er way plain and simple. We're not in the position were in today by running around throwing exorbitant amounts of cash at every overrated FA that becomes available. You do this to blatantly avoid the salary cap/draft selection hell i'd like to call washington.

I could write a 25 page dissertation on what this means, but do us all a favor and utilize the power of inference. SF and Seattle are the two clear cut best teams in the league and its not even close for exactly this reason. Replenished depth, fresh CHEAP contracts, youth, position security, POTENTIAL, you name it. You can bet the farm this is the way its going to be for a long time.

While I'm still a firm believer that were one elite corner away from winning the superbowl - (I wonder if russell really thinks he can keep running around on aldon and ahmad knowing well that he can't make another lucky lob unless its for a pick six....) one can hope that this years draft class solidifies the team for years to come. If we win the superbowl this year and that is a big if, its gonna come down to the develpment of Jimmy Ward and Eric Reid.
While your very much entitled to your opinion, how far this team goes with depend on the guy wearing the #7 jersey. Say what you want about the secondary, we were still were in a position to win the game when all was said and done, yet our QB failed to make the smart play...for two consecutive years now. Taking nothing away from CK because he was virtually our only offense for the entire game, but not only does he have to step it up, the entire offense has to better. Harbaugh, Roman, CK, O-Line, EVERYONE has to step up this year. We have new peices in place in the secondary. Its going to take time for those guys to gel. The defense has carried this team(particularly our putrid passing offense) for 3 consecutive years now. Its time for the offense to do its part, point blank.

As for Baalke signing the whole draft class early than usually, that was really to get those guys on the books before Rogers 6.1 mil came off the books on June 1st. Probably just wanted to see excatly what they had to work with so that could CK's deal done. I'm sure the framework of the deal was well in place before this week, despite reports. You dont get a deal that complicated, with de-escalators and clasues such as mandatory injury insurance, done within a matter of days. I think it was pretty much done, probably before the draft. Just needed the cap space to make it happen.

Now they can look at what they need to do in 2015 with the cap and guys like Crabs, Iupati, and Boone.
Old 06-12-2014, 01:06 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Very good read on Baalke...

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/06/10/nfl-sa...-trent-baalke/
Old 06-13-2014, 03:38 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Alex Boone is likely to skip next week's mandatory three day mini camp. Looks like he's serious about getting that new deal. Not sure what leverage he thinks he has though. I think he deserve a raise, but he still had two years left on his deal. Probably time to find a new agent. Baalke and Marathe aren't going to blink on this.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...tory-minicamp/

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 06-13-2014 at 03:42 AM.
Old 06-13-2014, 06:07 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Alex Boone is likely to skip next week's mandatory three day mini camp. Looks like he's serious about getting that new deal. Not sure what leverage he thinks he has though. I think he deserve a raise, but he still had two years left on his deal. Probably time to find a new agent. Baalke and Marathe aren't going to blink on this.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...tory-minicamp/
He just signed a new agent. Probably the main reason he's doing this.

Neil Schwartz and Jonathan Feinsod have represented Darrelle Revis, Vincent Jackson, and others to utilized hold-outs in order to secure huge deals.
Old 06-13-2014, 07:06 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
He just signed a new agent. Probably the main reason he's doing this.

Neil Schwartz and Jonathan Feinsod have represented Darrelle Revis, Vincent Jackson, and others to utilized hold-outs in order to secure huge deals.
I thought he had them all along. Anyways, Boone is just hurting himself with this.

Quote:
Old 06-13-2014, 07:34 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
I thought he had them all along. Anyways, Boone is just hurting himself with this.
Unless he gets paid more. Then he would have helped himself.