Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-12-2014, 12:07 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Hard Knocks: Atlanta Falcons

It was announced today that the Falcons will be the team showcased on the HBO series Hard Knocks. This will be their first appearance.

Julio coming off of injury.

The RB situation, is Jackson on the decline? Who steps up?

Rookies Jake Matthews, Ra'Shede Hageman.

The team as a whole looking to bounce back after last year.

Sean Weatherspoon out for 2014.

Any other potential storylines?

Thoughts?

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 12:09 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are some good storylines I guess. I bet Hageman will be one of the biggest of them all, which should be cool to see. People talked about his "character concerns", but it sounds like he just had a rough upbringing. I'm sure that will be addressed.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 12:14 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll let it be known now, I love Devonta Freeman.

They're trying to impose their will in the trenches with their additions this offseason with a mix of rookies and vets. Spells good news for some shoving matches.

Old 06-12-2014, 12:31 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Inside the mind of D-Hest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 05:06 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Julio and Roddy are pretty funny guys

Pretty sure Trufant is a personable guy
Old 06-12-2014, 05:55 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eh Hard Knocks is so well done that it probably won't matter but the Falcons are probably one of the least interesting teams in the NFL. Mike Smith, Matt Ryan, Julio, SJax - a bunch of boring veterans. And Matthews is going to be boring too.

I wonder if they'll mention or even ask Shembo the tough questions...

Roddy White is a personality, but he's also very, very stupid so...

Just my initial reaction to the team they chose. No one jumped out at me, including the rookies and their "stars" and head coach. But as usual the stars of the show will be guys trying to make the team (who are their top UDFAs?) and assistant coaches. So I'm sure it'll be insanely entertaining anyway like it always is.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 09:09 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hard knocks is always good regardless of which team it is. Its interesting to see the Falcons volunteer coming off such a bad year. I thought it would drag on longer until someone stepped up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:28 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Osi is another guy with some personality to him
Old 06-13-2014, 10:29 AM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Tice on my TV!
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 08:47 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm excited to see, there are some personalities on this team.
Old 08-05-2014, 10:47 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

What did we think? Also, where can I watch online?

Old 08-06-2014, 01:14 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I learned that Harry Douglas uses women's deodorant.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 08:04 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I learned that Steven Jackson gives great speeches.
Old 08-06-2014, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Nameless Ghoul
Rookie

Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought it was pretty entertaining.
Nameless Ghoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 06:20 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I gotta start twatching.
Old 08-06-2014, 06:35 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Watched it earlier, I hope the show doesn't revolve around Biermann.

Old 08-06-2014, 09:40 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1) So Matthews is playing RT? Their OL still sucks. Sam Baker again? bleh.

2) SJax to the RBs was great. There were also a couple of really funny things. Mike Smith is corny though. I don't imagine him being the hype coach for them. Probably Tice, Nolan, and Cox for that.

3) Whoever is the liaison from the organization that talks with HBO (or maybe inputs with editing and what they are not allowed to show) definitely made it a point to show that the team would be tougher this year. Their defense is not good on paper.

The show, as usual, is amazingly entertaining and well done. The music especially was cool too. I could do with more football and less reality TV, but people love the human drama in the show and they want it to appeal to women too.

And does anyone know why Jerry retired? He seemed very odd. He didn't tell any of his teammates? Is he OK?

- Ko Simpson
Old 08-07-2014, 03:37 AM    (permalink
TheFalconsFan
Rookie

TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
And does anyone know why Jerry retired? He seemed very odd. He didn't tell any of his teammates? Is he OK?
Lingering knee injury for the 09 season has been nagging him
it took all his explosion away he never recovered from it.

Plus on top of that word has been getting around Ra'Shede Hageman
was/has been out playing him in training camp.
TheFalconsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 10:56 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Not sure how HBO managed to spend 50% of the episode on non-football crap.

And this team is boring. I don't think I've ever watched a HK episode and not been engrossed in it. Last night's was not good.

- Ko Simpson
Old 08-13-2014, 11:47 AM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Devonta Freeman getting much air time?
MassNole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 11:50 AM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im sad they didn't spend any time on the Titans-Falcons scrimmage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 01:45 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I start episode one today ok so far. I'll have finish up the rest tonight after work. Agreed there does need to more football stuff then all the other boring crap. Tho its is interesting to see how players live and use their off time.
Old 08-14-2014, 12:38 AM    (permalink
Guru
Rookie

Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haggeman is looking like a Haggebeech. Dumb arse gets tired from being out of shape, gets owned, then punches a guys helmet and hurts his hand. Grow up man.
Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 08:11 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Hageman is eerily similar to kentwan balmer

I cant believe they took him over TUITT
Old 08-14-2014, 08:15 AM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
Hageman is eerily similar to kentwan balmer

I cant believe they took him over TUITT
With Tuitt and Jernigan available that pick was full ******.
MassNole is online now   Reply With Quote