Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 06-13-2014, 08:34 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Unless he gets paid more. Then he would have helped himself.
Baalke is going to bend over and give Boone a new deal with two years left on it?

And how long is Boone going to let himself get fined before he shows up to training camp?

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 08:56 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Baalke is going to bend over and give Boone a new deal with two years left on it?

And how long is Boone going to let himself get fined before he shows up to training camp?
Not "bend over" but the fact that he is set to make $800,000 LESS next year than he does this year, doesn't sit well with me, either. Especially considering how valuable he is.
Old 06-13-2014, 09:41 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Not "bend over" but the fact that he is set to make $800,000 LESS next year than he does this year, doesn't sit well with me, either. Especially considering how valuable he is.
Maybe they get the deal done before game. Make no mistake, I want him here, but I'm just saying this isn't going to him any favors. Losing money that is.

Quote:
Old 06-14-2014, 01:52 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do we go n get flowers? Or let him slip away.
Old 06-14-2014, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Do we go n get flowers? Or let him slip away.
Why would the 49ers go for an overrated corner that fell off in the second half of last season, and will be looking for a mega deal? The 49ers don't have the cash even if they wanted to. They have other players on their own roster to take care of first. Boone, Crabtree, Iupati, Davis, and Smith all want reworked deals. And we just paid Kaepernick.

Quote:
Old 06-14-2014, 02:42 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Why would the 49ers go for an overrated corner that fell off in the second half of last season, and will be looking for a mega deal? The 49ers don't have the cash even if they wanted to. They have other players on their own roster to take care of first. Boone, Crabtree, Iupati, Davis, and Smith all want reworked deals. And we just paid Kaepernick.
I think he means just for a year rental. Its possible, for the right price knowing Baalke. We're currently about 6 mil under the cap and Flowers won't get his current rate for his new team. The nickel is still a slight question mark and if they haven't liked what they've seen so far from the guys in OTAs, I wouldnt be surprised to see Baalke 'kick the tires' so to speak.

I always thought Flowers was overated but I do like his physicalness in the slot. He's just so injury prone, I think he'd make more sense on a team like ours, who may have a couple of back-up options if he goes down. He had a down year last year, from his 2012 season, where he graded out very well. Doenst matter to me either way, but I could see how Baalke might be tempted.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 04:39 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea I would test him out of for a year of price was right. We need help at corner still.
Old 06-16-2014, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Vernon changes his mind. He will not be attending this weeks mandatory mini camp. Both he and Boone will be holdouts.

Quote:
Old 06-17-2014, 03:58 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everyone talks about the potential of Aaron Lynch, but I think this kid could be a true steal...IR stash for 2015

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 06-18-2014 at 12:19 AM.
Old 06-17-2014, 04:17 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Eric Wright has retired.

Quote:
Old 06-17-2014, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eric Wright announced his retirement from the NFL: http://49rs.me/1yg4K5K

Opens up a potential roster spot for one of the late round rookie CBs to make the team and not have to risk exposing them to waivers before PS.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 08:22 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

Quote:
Vernon changes his mind. He will not be attending this weeks mandatory mini camp. Both he and Boone will be holdouts.
I just don't get why these two are holding out ugh. I could acutally handle the lose of Davis he isn't the TE he used to be and Jim is not even using him well in our offense right now. as well as Boone. Well he should just accept what ever money he gets.

Both of these players should be lucky to be signed with our rookies coming up. Also I just don't see Davis getting another big contract after his last one.
Old 06-17-2014, 08:24 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

Quote:
I just don't get why these two are holding out ugh. I could acutally handle the lose of Davis he isn't the TE he used to be and Jim is not even using him well in our offense right now. as well as Boone. Well he should just accept what ever money he gets.

Both of these players should be lucky to be signed with our rookies coming up. Also I just don't see Davis getting another big contract after his last one.
Old 06-17-2014, 08:25 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

Quote:

Old 06-17-2014, 11:57 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Davis he isn't the TE he used to be
Well he just had easily his 3rd best season of his career. He shouldn't be holding out but there's no decline in VD's game.

Quote:
Boone. Well he should just accept what ever money he gets.
Boone hasn't missed a game in 3 seasons. He played the most snaps of any player on the 49ers last season.

He is the 38th highest paid Guard and will make nearly $1 million LESS in 2015.
He is also the team's backup LT and has taken snaps there which drastically increases his value League wide.

VD should stop whining but Boone should get an extension.
Old 06-18-2014, 05:40 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

I'm just tired of all these NFL players whining about not getting big contracts because they've had good seasons year in year out. They should be great full to make that much money in the first place. By the time the end of the players first contract most of them are broke.. They need to limit their spending way better and stop buying all the crap they can't afford.

Here in GB I got a friend who works at best buy. And he was in there when Julius Peppers was buy thousands of dollars worth of home theater equipment. Just insane amount of money down the drain.
Old 06-19-2014, 08:39 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hear Hyde is showing out. He's that dude.
Old 06-20-2014, 09:05 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I'm just tired of all these NFL players whining about not getting big contracts because they've had good seasons year in year out. They should be great full to make that much money in the first place. By the time the end of the players first contract most of them are broke.. They need to limit their spending way better and stop buying all the crap they can't afford.

Here in GB I got a friend who works at best buy. And he was in there when Julius Peppers was buy thousands of dollars worth of home theater equipment. Just insane amount of money down the drain.
VD is the most important player on offense. He knows it and so does his representation. He's the one explosive element to a receving corps that lacks one. He dictates alot as far as the opposing defense. He can go a game without catching a single pass and still has more effect on the game that anyone else.

All that being said, you don't complain about "getting what your worth" when your the third highest paid player at your position. That's ********. Boone has a legitimate gripe, VD doesn't.
Old 06-20-2014, 09:12 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
I hear Hyde is showing out. He's that dude.
That is a good thing. I wasn't too happy about the pick during draft day. But in the long run it will be a nice move for since he can sit and learn like Lattimore has and step in as needed. Even if Lattimore isn't ready we can use Hyde more on downs Gore needs rest. It will be a great 1 2 punch with Hyde and Lattimore (if he pans out great) Gonna be one fun season. sucks I will miss half of it with my work.
Old 06-20-2014, 10:09 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
VD is the most important player on offense. He knows it and so does his representation. He's the one explosive element to a receving corps that lacks one. He dictates alot as far as the opposing defense. He can go a game without catching a single pass and still has more effect on the game that anyone else.

All that being said, you don't complain about "getting what your worth" when your the third highest paid player at your position. That's ********. Boone has a legitimate gripe, VD doesn't.
Yeah. Sucks that Barrows observed that noone was able to consistently get open deep this Spring. Mentioned Davis as the only player he's seen on the team with that ability.

:/

It seems like the obvious missing element, yet it always go unaddressed. Frustrating.
I'm still confident the offense can be great without it, but it would make it easier to have one.
Old 06-20-2014, 10:38 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

What about Stevie and Crabs , can' t they go deep or not? Then Stevie was a wasted trade. To bad we didn't have the balls in the draft to go get a good wr this year oh well.
Old 06-21-2014, 01:55 AM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What about Stevie and Crabs , can' t they go deep or not? Then Stevie was a wasted trade. To bad we didn't have the balls in the draft to go get a good wr this year oh well.
They can go deep, but it isn't their type of game. Both are the type of player who can create separation off their route running technique and make gains after the catch. They aren't the type of WR who will consistently blow the top off a defense, create separation via speed, dictate coverage schemes, or remove bodies from the intermediate zones.
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 02:55 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

If I were Baalke, I'd make a play for Denarious Moore. Word out of Oakland is he's really fallen out of favor there and the Raiders might be open to trade a late round pick for his services. Moore has some maturity issues and lacks consistency, but he consistently gets behind defenses. He's a deep ball guy. He's flashed big-time capability on the outside. But he goes through stretches where he's almost invisible. Not worried, because between SJ, Crabs, and Boldin, he wouldn't be relied upon to be a consistent target, just be the seam-buster, ala Moss in 2012. Though we really don't need a another WR, Moore would be the true deep threat we need and haven't had since Moss left. I'd sacrifice a vet like Lloyd for the deep ball potential of a guy like Moore. Especially for a 6th or 7th rounder.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 06-21-2014 at 05:28 AM.
Old 06-21-2014, 12:05 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Vernon will show up before the season starts. They all do. Then we'll see how well he performs if he has indeed missed all of training camp. See how well he warrants a new contract. Dude is just hurting himself right now. Sad he can't see that.

Quote:
Old 06-21-2014, 07:27 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Donte Moncrief vs Chris Borland

I will compare these two guys throughout their career because Moncreif was one of my biggest man crushes of this past draft and that's who I was hoping for with the Borland pick. I really thought he had ALL the tools this offense needed. And from what I've read out of Colts camp, he's been really impresssive so far so it sounds like he's off to a good start. Borland has shown flashes here as well. Fangio even talked him up a little during a interview during mini-camp so all signs point to Borland being a very good player in his own right. But I'll be keeping an eye on Moncrief and hopefully he won't be as good as I once hoped. Because his presence in this offesne would have made VD's holdout a mute point.