Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 06-22-2014, 12:07 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Donte Moncrief vs Chris Borland

I will compare these two guys throughout their career because Moncreif was one of my biggest man crushes of this past draft and that's who I was hoping for with the Borland pick. I really thought he had ALL the tools this offense needed. And from what I've read out of Colts camp, he's been really impresssive so far so it sounds like he's off to a good start. Borland has shown flashes here as well. Fangio even talked him up a little during a interview during mini-camp so all signs point to Borland being a very good player in his own right. But I'll be keeping an eye on Moncrief and hopefully he won't be as good as I once hoped. Because his presence in this offesne would have made VD's holdout a mute point.
Yep. <3 Moncrief.

I wish Baldwin would pull his head out of his Aliquippa-anus and be the guy we need. Don't see it happening, sadly :/
Old 06-22-2014, 03:23 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Yep. <3 Moncrief.

I wish Baldwin would pull his head out of his Aliquippa-anus and be the guy we need. Don't see it happening, sadly :/
Baldwin never was, nor never will be a deep threat though. Nice big target, but he has never been viewed as a viable down field option. And I'll go on record right now and say Ellington has pretty much made him expendable at this point. But Moncrief has that potential though. You could almost see Pep Hamilton literally drooling from the one interview I read about his take on Moncrief's deep ball potential, which this offense sorely needs.

I mean I really liked Ellington before the draft and he's really turned heads so far in OTAs and mini-camp so all signs point to him being a solid contributor. But he has good speed, not great speed. And at his size, you would like him to be more of a burner on the outside. But the great thing about him is this will be the first year he's played football exclusively. From a technical standpoint, he can get ALOT better. So he could end up being a better downfield threat once he develops as a route-runner, particularly how he runs his stem. But I like the way he competes for the ball in the air for a small guy and how physical he is for his size. Once he improves the other aspects of his game, he'll be a nightmare match-up in the slot, with his quickness. But with all that being side, we still lack that presence OUTSIDE to draw safties away from the middle. Moncrief would have been that guy.

No matter how good Borland looks or plays, with two All-Pros in front of him, he's not going to have the type of impact a guy like Moncreif would have for the offense. If Moncreif has the kind of impact I envisioned, I will feel like Baalke got to too cute there and ****** up. Maybe they didn't have Moncreif graded as highly as Borland, who knows? But I will be highly upset if a lack of a deep threat comes back to bite us in the ass yet again this year.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 06-22-2014 at 08:41 PM.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 03:25 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

double post

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 06-22-2014 at 03:35 AM.
Old 06-22-2014, 04:27 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The deep threat in our offense is always gonna be a problem until we get a deep threat wide out.

I was really hoping we would have gone for one of the top wide out in this draft. But again our staff didn't have the balls and wanted to play it safe. I guess Davis is a deep threat but we hardly use him now...

It's just sad to CK suffer from a deep attack. Maybe our offense play book just isn't built for it I dunno. But its gonna hurt again this year don't get your hopes of vafy-ya.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 08:32 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aldon Smith won't be charged in the LAX bomb threat incident.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...r-bomb-threat/

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 12:08 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well thank good. I'm tired of these players acting like young adults.. Davis needs to stop asking fro money.. he still has 2 years left. If plays down again he won't be getting crap. So disappointed in Davis on how he is acting but oh well his lose if walks from us.
Old 07-02-2014, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With the Jimmy Graham arbitration decision not going the 'wide receiver' route and more of the 'tight end' way today, this may actually help shorten the hold out timeline for VD. If Graham (the consensus #1 'athletic' TE in the league) would have got an additional $5M for next year, that would have given Vernon more leverage, but it didn't happen. Time to show up and play, Mr. Davis.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 01:40 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Rookies report Wednesday....the best time of the year is almost here!
Old 07-17-2014, 01:22 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Drake made fun of Crabtree at the ESPYS. That is all.

Quote:
Old 07-18-2014, 01:14 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Joe Staley extended for two more years. Showing up pays off. Take notes Boone.

Quote:
The San Francisco 49ers offensive line has been one of the league's best in recent years because of impressive continuity. That should continue for a few more years, at least at left tackle.

The 49ers announced a two-year contract extension for offensive tackle Joe Staley through 2019. It's a surprising move because Staley was already signed through 2017, but both sides clearly believed he was due for an upgrade. Staley signed a six-year extension back in 2009, but he now looked underpaid with "only" $7.2 million combined over the next two seasons.

The move could potentially free up salary cap space and it stands in stark opposition to guard Alex Boone's situation. NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport has reported that Boone is preparing to hold out of training camp if he doesn't get a long-term deal. Guard Mike Iupati is entering a contract year,

Teams speak with actions, not press conferences. This move is a clear sign the 49ers value Staley ahead of his offensive line counterparts on the inside.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...deal-extension

Quote:
Old 07-18-2014, 01:59 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^^^ And Vernon.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 04:33 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Levis Stadium looks incredible! Hopefully the guys can bring #6 home their first year there...

Old 07-19-2014, 07:05 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope it's legitimately loud instead of that fabricated sound they made out of the stadium in Seattle.
Old 07-20-2014, 12:57 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

More video

http://www.49ers.com/video/videos/Le...f-c62803fc8b45
Old 07-20-2014, 09:00 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Never have I wanted to attend a home game more than I'd like to this season. Too bad I'm broke and live in Pennsylvania.
Old 07-20-2014, 01:45 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Here's a video one of the workers posted on YouTube of one of the suites. Looks really nice...and expensive.
Old 07-20-2014, 01:51 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I hope it's legitimately loud instead of that fabricated sound they made out of the stadium in Seattle.
I think it has a chance to be really loud. Even though its a open air stadium, having that suite tower on one side should allow noise to bounce off the tower and keep it in the bowl. And we have the largest lower bowl seating of any stadium, so it should feel like the noise is right on top of the opposition. All of that is in theory though so we'll see.
Old 07-20-2014, 02:18 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Never have I wanted to attend a home game more than I'd like to this season. Too bad I'm broke and live in Pennsylvania.
I fell the same living in Wisconsin. I can't even watch them on tv out here really until play off time. Other then that I have to resort to streaming games from my computer. Some day I will have NFL sunday ticket yearly! It's coming tho. It's limited to certain rules/ areas for people to get it with out being a direct tv owner. It will be on the xbox one. but dang it the so called "certain rules" are BS! But I just wonder if it is a trail basis to see how many more customers they can get or to see if it goes over well.
Old 07-20-2014, 03:35 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Here's a video one of the workers posted on YouTube of one of the suites. Looks really nice...and expensive.
I might be in one of those during the season. Connections!

Quote:
Old 07-21-2014, 06:17 PM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have season tickets...
Old 07-21-2014, 10:00 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgrenade View Post
I have season tickets...
I envy you....maybe one day for me
Old 07-23-2014, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vernon Davis reported to training camp this morning. Boone still a no-show.
http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/vern...-training-camp

Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

Old 07-23-2014, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Also, I'm going to be in town and am looking for good seats to the Sept 28th game vs the Eagles if anyone has any or knows anybody reliable who does. Thanks!

Old 07-23-2014, 02:46 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

Why is Boone being a crying ***** about money? It's do hard to even pay the guy, sure he's a solid guy on our O line but is he really that deserves a pay increase?

God I hate hold outs players have no rights to do so they should be lucky to be in the league and playing a game they love.
Old 07-23-2014, 03:49 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
sure he's a solid guy on our O line but is he really that deserves a pay increase?
Yes. He makes what most backup linemen make and next year he'll make even less. He's the only 49er to play every available snap the last 2 seasons and he's the #1 backup at both left and right tackles.

He should report but he has a legit complaint about his $$$.