Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-30-2007, 11:49 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
Terrell Suggs :(
If you guys lose ur 2 top OLB in 2 years that will s**k.
Old 05-01-2007, 12:10 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Simeon Rice is Tampa's only major player whose contract expires after the upcoming season

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 12:30 AM    (permalink
YouNeverKnow
Rookie

YouNeverKnow hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
If you guys lose ur 2 top OLB in 2 years that will s**k.
Suggs is more of a defensive end in our system then an OLB and is going to be paid as such. Reports are that Ozzie and Suggs are working on a new contract, and its hopefully going to be done by training camp.

As well, Vincent, Boller and Jason Brown will all be free agents along with Suggs I believe.
Old 05-01-2007, 10:28 AM    (permalink
crazyisme
Rookie

crazyisme hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

hey caddy, from what ive been hearing it sounds as if Rice is a lock to be cut by june, is there any truth to this or are they just rumors?

Ive also heard that Peppers and Steve Smith will be FA's next season, obviously barring either or both of them signing or being franchisd.

What a FA class it COULD be
crazyisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 10:44 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im calling it now. Mark it down. Someone is gonna get an absolute steal from us when we can't resign Chase Blackburn. Absolute steal.

He's a Antonio Pierce part 2, maybe not as smart, but more phsyically gifted.

If your team needs a ILB, whether its a conventional 4-3, or a 3-4, im telling you right now....this is the guy to get.

Its gonna pain me seeing him go.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Colts' 2008 unretricted free agents off the top of my head, those marked in red are the "big names" potentially available:

OT Tarik Glenn
Veteran and Pro Bowl left tackle who probably won't be re-signed, given younger free agents on the team. Hence why the Colts traded their 2008 1st round pick on Arkansas LT Tony Ugoh - who they graded as 1st round (left tackle) talent - to groom him now as well as pay him as the 42nd overall pick.

OG Ryan Lilja
OG Jake Scott
OG Rick DeMulling

Lilja and Scott were the starters, left and right respectively, when healthy for the last two years. DeMulling signed a 1-year deal to return, after his disappointing two years with the Detroit Lions. Maybe one (if that) will be re-signed, but I wouldn't hold my breath as other teams in need of offensive lineman will be willing to pay more. The Colts meanwhile have young talent in the wings who could step in now if need be.

TE Dallas Clark
TE Ben Utecht
TE Bryan Fletcher

Unless I'm mistaken, Clark has an 08 year on his contract that either has been voided or will be voided; I think the Colts will attempt to re-sgin him and wouldn't rule out the use of the franchise tag - if it's not used on Dwight Freeney - as it's cheaper to use on a TE. Utech signed a 1-year deal as an exclusive rights free agent, and flourished last year enough that he'll likely garner suitors who can look past his durability concerns. I'll have to check Fletcher, that's according to KFFL who I'm inclined to believe until then.

DE Dwight Freeney
DE Josh Thomas
DE Bo Schobel

It's no secret that Freeney is the Colts' exclusive rights franchise player designate, and both parties seem reasonably intent on getting a long-term deal done, which will likely be a staggering amount given the market for top-flight ends. Thomas will see more playing time in 08 which will only help his chances in free agency, and Schobel returned to the Colts on another 1-year deal.

DT/FB Dan Klecko
Signed a 1-year deal for a consecutive year, also contributes on special teams.

LB Rocky Boiman
LB Gilbert Gardner

Boiman also signed another 1-year deal, and Gardner will become an unrestricted free agent for the first time.

and of course

QB Jim Sorgi
Franchsie quarterback who makes Joe Montana look like Ryan Leaf.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:47 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Im calling it now. Mark it down. Someone is gonna get an absolute steal from us when we can't resign Chase Blackburn. Absolute steal.

He's a Antonio Pierce part 2, maybe not as smart, but more phsyically gifted.

If your team needs a ILB, whether its a conventional 4-3, or a 3-4, im telling you right now....this is the guy to get.

Its gonna pain me seeing him go.
Chase signed a 4 year contract with the Giants this offseason. Although I believe the 4th year is voidable. He isn't going anywhere soon.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 11:50 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the most significant FA for Miami is LS John Denney.

I wouldn't mind Miami picking up Glenn next year, even if he is gonna be 31.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 11:52 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Troy Polamalu

Alan Faneca

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 11:52 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Chase signed a 4 year contract with the Giants this offseason. Although I believe the 4th year is voidable. He isn't going anywhere soon.
OH REALLY?!

SWEET.

I really like the kid. He makes AP expendible, although Id hate to see AP go. When does Pierce's contract expire?
Old 05-01-2007, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be incredibly surprised if: (1) Glenn doesn't cash in among teams with salary cap space to spend, given the market for the position and especially the money available; and (2) he doesn't eventually move to right tackle if/when his skills deteriorate.
Old 05-01-2007, 01:45 PM    (permalink
FloridaFootball
Veteran

FloridaFootball hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.FloridaFootball hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Chris Cooley will be a free agent in 2008.
Old 05-01-2007, 01:52 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boss Bailey and Cory Redding are the only guys anyone would care to sign.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 02:03 PM    (permalink
gang_green03
Rookie

gang_green03 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If I'm not mistaken, Kerry Rhodes will be a RFA after the season.
gang_green03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Woody56
Veteran

Woody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by gang_green03 View Post
If I'm not mistaken, Kerry Rhodes will be a RFA after the season.
no, he is going into year three of a four year contract. And he's a guy that will never see any type of free agency, he is getting a big extension soon.

Notable Jets FA's are

S Erik Coleman
LB Victor Hobson
OT Adrian Jones
S Rashad Washington
Woody56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gibril Wilson for the Giants. No one sniffed him on the RFA market with a second round price tag, but I'm sure when he hits UFA he will have some suitors.
Old 05-01-2007, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

I hadn't realized Gibril Wilson needed to be mentioned twice.
Old 05-01-2007, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
I hadn't realized Gibril Wilson needed to be mentioned twice.
I do have a bad habit of not reading the first page of threads.
Old 05-01-2007, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Larry
Veteran

Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.

You can bet Nolan is going after Suggs next year.
Old 05-01-2007, 04:17 PM    (permalink
Burned_By_Santana
Veteran

Burned_By_Santana hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaFootball View Post
Chris Cooley will be a free agent in 2008.
God i hope he doesn't hit the open market.

Burned_By_Santana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 06:50 PM    (permalink
gang_green03
Rookie

gang_green03 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody56 View Post
no, he is going into year three of a four year contract. And he's a guy that will never see any type of free agency, he is getting a big extension soon.

Notable Jets FA's are

S Erik Coleman
LB Victor Hobson
OT Adrian Jones
S Rashad Washington
Oh my mistake. I think he'll get an extension sometime this year anyway.
gang_green03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Larry Johnson as of now but I think he is going to hold out if a deal can't get worked out before the 07 season.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:05 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Peppers, Wharton and Jordan Gross, but we'll resign Peppers and one of the other two.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 10:28 PM    (permalink
MP123
Veteran

MP123 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Wow! Talk about someone that is going to get some money
I'm gonna say in the ballpark of $60 million.
MP123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 11:06 PM    (permalink
stl9erfan
Veteran

stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
You can bet Nolan is going after Suggs next year.
I actually doubt it for two reasons:

1) Ravens won't let him leave. They'll get him a contract, or if not, franchise him.

2) This was our big year for FA. We'll keep adding players that way in the future, but it won't often be the big, superstar types. Those are the kind of guys we'll have to find in the draft.