Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-04-2006, 05:45 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstomp
How are you comparing these? If you're going to get a computer that costs the same amount as a 360, obviously get the 360. The only way the computer will be better is if you're planning on spending about another $1000 on it.
So you're saying that a $400 360 would be better than a $800 computer. :roll:

Also, I don't know if you saw the link he posted but the computer is pretty sick and it's like $900+.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 05:56 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Go with the computer. 360's are great, but its a computer.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 06:59 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions
Quote:
How are you comparing these? If you're going to get a computer that costs the same amount as a 360, obviously get the 360. The only way the computer will be better is if you're planning on spending about another $1000 on it.
So you're saying that a $400 360 would be better than a $800 computer. :roll:

Also, I don't know if you saw the link he posted but the computer is pretty sick and it's like $900+.
I said if it costs the same, a 360 would be better. Not hard to understand that.

No, I did not see the link.
Old 07-04-2006, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Nerv

Quote:
That is terribly untrue. You could put together a system with 6x the capability of an Xbox for the same price. Microsoft fanboi!!
Old 07-04-2006, 07:03 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerv
Quote:
That is terribly untrue. You could put together a system with 6x the capability of an Xbox for the same price. Microsoft fanboi!!
For $400, the only way you're putting together a system with "6x the capability of an Xbox" is if you steal 90% of the stuff.
Old 07-04-2006, 07:05 PM    (permalink
Nerv

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
For $400, the only way you're putting together a system with "6x the capability of an Xbox" is if you steal 90% of the stuff.
One again, very untrue. Order your parts seperate and put it together yourself and you can put together a system for 400 dollars that destroys 900 dollar systems you will get at an electronics store, or an Xbox.
Old 07-04-2006, 07:08 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
One again, very untrue. Order your parts seperate and put it together yourself and you can put together a system for 400 dollars that destroys 900 dollar systems you will get at an electronics store, or an Xbox.
I know you can order stuff seperately that will destroy a computer that's already put together, but you're horribly exaggerating.

Edit*
Look, If Microsoft is taking a loss selling the system, then how are you going to get something way more powerful for less? Maybe 1 or 2 years down the road, but not right now.
Old 07-04-2006, 07:12 PM    (permalink
Nerv

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I know you can order stuff seperately that will destroy a computer that's already put together, but you're horribly exaggerating.

Edit*
Look, If Microsoft is taking a loss selling the system, then how are you going to get something way more powerful for less? Maybe 1 or 2 years down the road, but not right now.
I don't even know what youre saying in your edit. But no, I am definately not exaggerating and once again, I don't even know what youre talking about with that destroying a system comment.
Old 07-04-2006, 07:15 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Edit*
I don't even know what youre saying in your edit. But no, I am definately not exaggerating and once again, I don't even know what youre talking about with that destroying a system comment.
By destroy, i just meant, I know buying everything seperately will get you a better computer for a smaller price. My computer is custom built, I should know.

By my edit, im calling BS at you saying you can find better deals than Microsoft does. Sure, the computer you build may look better in general, but the Xbox is completely designed for gaming. There's no way you build a better gaming console than Microsoft for cheaper.

However, in 1-2 years, as technology advances and prices go down, I'd believe it.
Old 07-04-2006, 07:35 PM    (permalink
Nerv

Ahhhhhh crap, well I just built a damn nice system for 450 dollars off tigerdirect.com that had a basically equivalent graphics processor, double the memory, double the HD, could burn as well as play DVD's, identical processor speed as well as do all the other things a CPU can and a console can't. I didnt include a keyboard, mouse, monitor because im assuming we all have those things already as we are online.

I had it all copyed and ready to paste but when I went to paste it in this thread I just got 7 lines of IRC text instead, ah well I can get the specs again after dinner, if I remember that long.
Old 07-04-2006, 07:49 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Ahhhhhh crap, well I just built a damn nice system for 450 dollars off tigerdirect.com that had a basically equivalent graphics processor, double the memory, double the HD, could burn as well as play DVD's, identical processor speed as well as do all the other things a CPU can and a console can't. I didnt include a keyboard, mouse, monitor because im assuming we all have those things already as we are online.

I had it all copyed and ready to paste but when I went to paste it in this thread I just got 7 lines of IRC text instead, ah well I can get the specs again after dinner, if I remember that long.
1. The 360 does not need the memory of a computer, and you should know that. All of the 360's memory is bent toward gaming, while the computer is running a lot more processes at once. I can say the same thing for the processor, because the 360's processor's are all bent to gaming, while the computer's isn't.

2. The 360's HDD is portable. Therefore, it is much more expensive than the regular $1 per Gig HDD.

I'm not saying your computer is worse than the 360, I'm saying that as a pure gaming machine, there is no way you build a more powerful *gaming machine* than the 360 for cheaper.