Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-05-2007, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To avoid being a homer I'm going with the Bills. Although they lost a franchise corner in Clements, and a solid runner in Willis, they rebounded with a great draft and Lynch will do more than just fit McGahee's shoes. Some believe that the loss of Takeo Spikes will also hurt this team, but the truth is, Spikes hasn't made much of an impact since the '04 seasons and has had constant problems with injuries. In trading Spikes they shored up their D-Line with Darwin Walker and the return of injured former 1st rounder John McCargo, who has a ton of potential. They also made vast improvements to a relatively weak O-Line, and a years more experience for the connection of Losmon to Evans, which will prove to be deadly this season.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 09:13 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

San Francisco; they've made some big additions to the squad and Mike Nolan has the team headed in the right direction. I think this team could contend for a playoff spot if Alex Smith can develop a solid passing game with Vernon Davis, Ashlie Lelie, and Jason Hill

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 09:47 PM    (permalink
rainbeaukid2
All-Pro

rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the niners

they had a great draft/offseason and have had fairly productive ones the last couple of years
Old 05-05-2007, 09:56 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The 49ers.

Solid Offseason and Draft. Alex Smith keeps improving and Frank Gore came up BIG last season. The Offense's progress will depend on whether the O-Line can come together and protect Alex Smith and block for Gore. On a side note, it would help if Alex Smith could get the ball to DJack, Lelie, Battle, and JHill.

Our defense will really be tested but our defensive backfield is pretty impressive. Michael Lewis is coming off of a down year but will be looking to rebound back with the 49ers. Nate Clements/Walt Harris/Shawntae Spencer will be holding it down. Our D Line will be tested this year with an aging Bryant Young and Marques Douglas. Aubrayo Franklin should help us out A LOT. Our LB corps improved from last year, Willis will come in and start right away and Brandon Moore is coming off a big year. Manny Lawson is slated to play strong side.

I could see us winning the division.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 09:57 PM    (permalink
crazyisme
Rookie

crazyisme hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

jsut a question as to why people think the Bucs will be so much better. They dont have a QB their best WR is what, 40? they really dont have that good of an oline, their RB is football's version of Mark Prior, add into the fact that they'll probably cut lose rice, and their defense is getting old as hell.

I'd put the Buc's as one of the worst teams in the league in 2007
crazyisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 11:25 PM    (permalink
stl9erfan
Veteran

stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.

In terms of wins and losses, I'd say Tampa. I have to believe that Caddy will be better in 07, and either Garcia or Simms should solidify the QB situation. I also really like what they've been doing with their OL, and I think the defensive draft they just had will pump a lot of fresh blood into their cover 2 D. IMO Piscitelli, Adams, Quincy Black, and Tanard Jackson could all start at some point this year. I think they're a solid sleeper pick for a playoff spot in the NFC this year.

In terms of overall talent, I'd say the 9ers will be the most improved. They could very well start the season with six new starters on defense (Clements, M. Lewis, Franklin, Banta-Cain, Willis, and McDonald) and three on offense (D-Jack, Lelie/Hill, and Staley), talent-wise the team will have improved by leaps and bounds. But after a 7-9 season in '06, I think 10-6 is a reasonable expectation in '07. A three win improvement is good, but I would expect some other team to do better.
Old 05-06-2007, 12:13 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft King View Post
To avoid being a homer I'm going with the Bills. Although they lost a franchise corner in Clements, and a solid runner in Willis, they rebounded with a great draft and Lynch will do more than just fit McGahee's shoes. Some believe that the loss of Takeo Spikes will also hurt this team, but the truth is, Spikes hasn't made much of an impact since the '04 seasons and has had constant problems with injuries. In trading Spikes they shored up their D-Line with Darwin Walker and the return of injured former 1st rounder John McCargo, who has a ton of potential. They also made vast improvements to a relatively weak O-Line, and a years more experience for the connection of Losmon to Evans, which will prove to be deadly this season.
Our offense can be good this year, depending on how the receivers not named Evans perform. Right side of the line needs to perform well despite what I see as a whole lot of not much. I like our RB. Big year for Losman as I see our offense as what we might actually need to be our strong point.
Defense, there are a lot of questions. Outside of Schobel, Crowell, and now Whitner, there's just some uneasiness. Our LE's may be fine, but DT is still a weak point until someone finally steps up (you mentioned the two guys we've seen the least of, so there's definitely a chance of impovement). LBs are inexperienced (Ellison has shown he deserves to start but has never technically had a full starting gig, and has to earn his keep and also perform above his size if he starts at SLB). As we've seen though, this might not be a problem. Simpson still has a lot of improvement ahead of him, and neither of our starting corners, even in our scheme, may be up to their tasks. But nobody knows really what to expect from Youboty, and McGee did look really good the later half of least season, hopefully he can handle some tougher matchups. And somebody get Kiwaukee some stickum.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 12:47 AM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Cardinals, even though I disagree with their "most popular name left on the board" draft philosophy.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 12:50 AM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Probably the 49ers. They improved vastly over the offseason, and have a good shot at winning the division. They improved their defense with Clements from free agency, and Willis from the draft.

The Cardinals should do better than last year. Improved O-Line, Leinart with some experience, and a new coaching staff. Hopefully the defense can step up this year, although the secondary is still iffy.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 10:21 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Raiders and Lions stick out. Raiders werent as bad as their record last year but it will depend on the OL and QB play. Both are a complete random factor going in.

Lions have a lot of young guys but they look alright on paper in a cupcake division. Will be random also though, could just as easily be worse.

Cleveland will improve considerably as the season progresses and probably win 3 more games.

Arizona should improve significantly if Whisenhunt can get his system installed and running with the talent they have.

Atlanta though are the obvious choice. If the coaching change works they have the talent to be a 10-12 win team(I dont know their schedule) but they have as many "ifs" as any team in the league.

Vikings are the final team, if they can get anything from the right side of their line and the passing game, they have a pretty good defense in place. Still, they look the weakest team in quite possibly the weakest division in football but you never know what can happen. AD may change it all with his homerun ability.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 10:59 AM    (permalink
JCutlery
Veteran

JCutlery hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

It's the Raiders. They have nowhere to go, but up.

Plus, I like what they're doing in Oakland. They have a good, young offense set in place, especially now that Randy is gone.
Old 05-06-2007, 11:04 AM    (permalink
JCutlery
Veteran

JCutlery hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
Our offense can be good this year, depending on how the receivers not named Evans perform. Right side of the line needs to perform well despite what I see as a whole lot of not much. I like our RB. Big year for Losman as I see our offense as what we might actually need to be our strong point.
Defense, there are a lot of questions. Outside of Schobel, Crowell, and now Whitner, there's just some uneasiness. Our LE's may be fine, but DT is still a weak point until someone finally steps up (you mentioned the two guys we've seen the least of, so there's definitely a chance of impovement). LBs are inexperienced (Ellison has shown he deserves to start but has never technically had a full starting gig, and has to earn his keep and also perform above his size if he starts at SLB). As we've seen though, this might not be a problem. Simpson still has a lot of improvement ahead of him, and neither of our starting corners, even in our scheme, may be up to their tasks. But nobody knows really what to expect from Youboty, and McGee did look really good the later half of least season, hopefully he can handle some tougher matchups. And somebody get Kiwaukee some stickum.
I think your defense will definitely be your strong-point. Youboty should be able to come in and take a job. Crowell will play SLB, so Ellison will play the WILL. Ko and Donte will be a formidable safety tandem for years to come. The only thing I worry about, is whether McCargo will show any flashes this year. Otherwise, Kyle Williams will start, but that's not necessarily bad thing.
Old 05-06-2007, 11:27 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I expect the 49ers to be a playoff caliber team this year
Old 05-06-2007, 11:34 AM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Raiders.(10)
Old 05-06-2007, 11:41 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCutlery View Post
I think your defense will definitely be your strong-point. Youboty should be able to come in and take a job. Crowell will play SLB, so Ellison will play the WILL. Ko and Donte will be a formidable safety tandem for years to come. The only thing I worry about, is whether McCargo will show any flashes this year. Otherwise, Kyle Williams will start, but that's not necessarily bad thing.
With the coaching, it's definitely a possibility. I just mentioned that a lot of guys are in new roles, so I'll hope for the best but not everything might go ideally. We saw very little of Youboty and McCargo last year. McGee looked good late last year but people have their doubts about him as a #1 CB. Williams was alright last year but didn't do anything to put himself above the other mediocre guys last year. Guys like him and Ellison were kind of there and somewhat effective, but they need to make more plays this year and be a force, mostly in Ellison's case since he is actually a starter. Poz can surely step in right away, but I don't like to get overconfident in a rookie. McCargo surely has the best chance, but somebody needs to break out at DT. McCargo, Tripps, Williams, Walker, I doubt it's Tim Anderson as we've been shopping him and he could end up getting cut. Something to look out for might even be Anthony Hargrove getting some plays at DT if our guys still struggle there. Probably wouldn't be an answer to our problems but he's great for a small change at tackle or end. When I say Ko-J needs improvement, he's good to start now. He showed it last year and is getting better. He just has areas in his game that can easily be improved upon and that can provide for a very good safety tandem this year which will definitely help out our defense. I can see our LB and Safeties clicking, as well as our ends which have not changed. But the run stopping still is a huge question and will it be much improved? When I think about the defense it mostly comes back to hinging on McCargo and the corners, which I hate to say with what Fewell can do, but I'm uneasy about them. Maybe I should have more confidence. McGee is my namesake and looked good last year against guys like Reggie Wayne, so why not? Youboty has the talent and looks good for the cover-2, so why not? McCargo I didn't like too much as prospect and didn't think he looked as impressive as others do in his time last season. He'll certainly be my most critiqued player, and I'm just going to hope for the best with him.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 02:44 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
Lions have a lot of young guys but they look alright on paper in a cupcake division. Will be random also though, could just as easily be worse.

Vikings are the final team, if they can get anything from the right side of their line and the passing game, they have a pretty good defense in place. Still, they look the weakest team in quite possibly the weakest division in football but you never know what can happen. AD may change it all with his homerun ability.
okay. something doesn't make sense.

vikings might be on the ups. chicago is the de facto NFCN powerhouse. the lions might do well (as you say, and i agree seeing as they'll probably go 6-10, which i don't qualify as the biggest improvement). and the packers have seemed to make a last minute favre-surge during the final . someone's gonna be the big loser in this division. and it doesn't look like the bears or the pack.

the vikings have nil. nil as far as the passing game goes. to tell me jackson and rice will have a stellar year is far-fetched. not impossible. but rather far fetched. unless something preposterous happens, i imagine the purps in the basement with the bucs. just based on the fact that the other three teams will either improve or stay on the level that they were at?

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 03:00 PM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Its hard to imagine the Raiders NOT getting a lot better.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 03:53 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the cardinals, they underachieved last year & lost a lot of close games, with Leinart under center they should keep improving offensively & that D-Line is dominate when healthy, with a young and improving secondary and lb core the defense is only going to get better

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote