Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-03-2007, 01:06 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
Lets be honest they got more for BMW than the Raiders got for Moss. If someone said to you they would trade BMW for Moss, everyone would laugh.
Half a 4th rounder > Whole 4th rounder?
Old 05-03-2007, 01:06 AM    (permalink
Oaktown1981
Veteran

Oaktown1981 is a cocksman.Oaktown1981 is a cocksman.Oaktown1981 is a cocksman.Oaktown1981 is a cocksman.

I really like this pickup for the Raiders. Williams is still young only 23 years old and he wants to be a Raider.
Oaktown1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 01:28 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Lions had a capable staff they would've realized before they drafted him that he wasn't a fit for their team. Their scouting department is one of the worst in the leagues. The fact that they were trying to shop Calvin Johnson around the league before and after they drafted him, shows even more how dumb they are.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 08:18 AM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
If the Lions had a capable staff they would've realized before they drafted him that he wasn't a fit for their team.
Williams fit Mariucci's WCO fine.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 08:39 AM    (permalink
LionSmack
Veteran

LionSmack hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Williams never wanted to be here. He didn't understand why they drafted him, then Mariucci put him in the doghouse after a very brief rookie holdout, he never made the effort to fight through it like they wanted him to, his weight got too high, and the coaches had a right to ask him to drop it when he proved to have a hard time getting off the line because he lacked quickness. Then Martz came in and he didn't fit with that, never wanted to work with Martz at all and basically said so, and then just accepted his fate and acted happy to waste away on the bench. Later, injuries forced him into the lineup and he played pretty crappy before finally making a contribution to a win with that catch against Dallas.

^^^ all that is on him alone. Not Millen, not Mariucci, not Martz.

I realize that he will probably have success in Oakland. He may even become a very solid starter, though I don't think he'll ever be a star. He will probably always have some trouble getting open and he's really not that fast, though he probably will look faster in Oakland simply because he's trying.
LionSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 09:56 AM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

He could be a good third reievier if he has a good work ethic.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 10:35 AM    (permalink
LionSmack
Veteran

LionSmack hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The only problem with him being a 3rd WR is that most offenses like the 3rd guy to be a quick slot receiver type and work open spaces in zones on passing downs. MW does not fit that profile, not at all.

I imagine the Raiders are planning to give him every opportunity to win a wideout position opposite Porter (if Porter himself is even there). If he is really as excited about a fresh start as he claims, he could do it, especially in a WR corps like the Raiders. As talented as he is, if he even works a little bit at it he should beat out the likes of Curry, Gabriel and Whitted hands down.
LionSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 11:21 AM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

I think it's the perfect fit for him, it's like a requirement to have a good big receiver at USC, so it should fit with what Kiffin will do, I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to feature the offense around him.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionSmack View Post
The only problem with him being a 3rd WR is that most offenses like the 3rd guy to be a quick slot receiver type and work open spaces in zones on passing downs. MW does not fit that profile, not at all.
USC's 3rd receiver last year was 6-5 Michael Turner, so I'm sure Williams will function fine at that spot. I really doubt he beats out Curry, who was arguably the shining start of the offense last year.
Old 05-03-2007, 11:57 AM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't mind the trade at all I don't think he will beat out Ronald Curry for the #2 job I can see him as our #3, maybe.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:00 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He will be an All-Pro in 2 years lol.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 12:24 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionSmack View Post

I imagine the Raiders are planning to give him every opportunity to win a wideout position opposite Porter (if Porter himself is even there). If he is really as excited about a fresh start as he claims, he could do it, especially in a WR corps like the Raiders. As talented as he is, if he even works a little bit at it he should beat out the likes of Curry, Gabriel and Whitted hands down.
Just because you're the third receiver doesn't mean that you absolutely have to play in the slot.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 01:34 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Too bad he can't catch. Lazy nothing, he drops way too many easy passes.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 09:08 AM    (permalink
lod01
Veteran

lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to guess you base that on this past year where he had a few drops. Of course, if you actually saw the game, 2 of the 'so called' drops were totally uncatchable horrible passes. If you are basing it on his career up to that point, you are even further off in you statement. Hands are his forte. Speed is not. Anyone with a clue knows that.
lod01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 05:31 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lets all remember, williams got screwed by entering the draft early when he thought he would be eligible, then found out he couldnt get drafted or participate with USC...for a guy his size that hurt him, thus him suffering from an instant impact...

had it not been for the year off, i feel like he would of already been a solid player at this point, never the fastest guy, but good at what he does best which is be a possession wr/red zone target, who is very young with lots of potential still left

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 07:28 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hmmmmm........would anyone kill me if I were to compare him to another WR (who he actually trained with) who left one town classified as having a bad work ethic/attitude and went on to have one of the greatest receiving careers of all time in Cris Carter?

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 08:51 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardvikingsfan View Post
Hmmmmm........would anyone kill me if I were to compare him to another WR (who he actually trained with) who left one town classified as having a bad work ethic/attitude and went on to have one of the greatest receiving careers of all time in Cris Carter?
That's a comparison that I have been mulling over lately. "All he does is catch touchdowns." Carter was big, certainly not fast, but very good in the red zone with very good hands.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 08:59 PM    (permalink
jefepowhnzer
Rookie

jefepowhnzer hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Was the injury that hobbled him this weekend from a few weeks prior or did it occur in the last few days? If he suffered the injury this weekend what do you think that says about his preparation/work-ethic? I'm rooting for him, but it seems like the same ol thing.
jefepowhnzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 09:12 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardvikingsfan View Post
That's who I thought he was coming out a few years ago, with a bit more height. But he hasn't lived up to it yet.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 09:13 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i still dont get why people kept calling him fat. Hes always played over 230 hasnt he?

just because he didnt make weight doesnt mean hes fat..hes a big guy and its not like he just magically got up to 230 or 235 whatever he is/was..hes always been around there
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've said this before and I'll say it again: I think the change of scenery will do wonders for him. He'll never be the suerstar people expected him to be when he was first drafted, but he does still have a chance to be a good receiver.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 11:11 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
That's who I thought he was coming out a few years ago, with a bit more height. But he hasn't lived up to it yet.
Carter didn't live up to it at first either, rather when I believe it was his mother who died, and he completely rededicated himself and the rest was history. All it took, was for him to dedicate himself and for that dedicated self to get a chance and I see no reason why Williams couldn't do the same. Nevertheless, let's be realistic here, as receivers like Cris Carter come around very.........very rarily.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 11:15 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope that Williams can improve with the change of scenery in Oakland, I still think he got a raw deal from the NFL when he tried to come out the first time along with Maurice Clarrett.

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote