Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-07-2007, 11:22 AM    (permalink
M1Koter
Rookie

M1Koter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
Brewster was acquired in a trade last preseason, so he wasn't a Sherman pick.
plus it's not like sherman made many even decent picks

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Sherman's hitting percentage on draft picks is like Ben Sheets at the plate
M1Koter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 02:43 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1Koter View Post
plus it's not like sherman made many even decent picks

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 03:05 PM    (permalink
M1Koter
Rookie

Quote:
that is gunna be a great sig quote

Quote:
Old 05-07-2007, 06:39 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
that is gunna be a great sig quote
Thanks for using it!

Old 05-07-2007, 07:29 PM    (permalink
M1Koter
Rookie

TT's 2005 draft has contains more packers still on the roster than all of sherman's drafts combined right now.

Quote:
Old 05-07-2007, 09:30 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
TT's 2005 draft has contains more packers still on the roster than all of sherman's drafts combined right now.
And that's why the Packers are headed in the right direction compared to the last year or two with Sherman

Old 05-08-2007, 01:47 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=602062

goos Wynn article.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 03:39 PM    (permalink
PackAttack

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
I really admire this kid's honesty but words are just that....only words.

Fact is he has some real talent and, had he worked hard through his college career, probably would have been at least a 2nd rounder. If our staff can get him motivated and putting in the effort in the weightroom, film room and practices I wouldn't put it past him to be a big time backup RB or possibly even a starter in the future....

who knows, maybe he becomes our MIchael Turner and we trade him in a couple years for 1st rounder :)
Old 05-08-2007, 06:27 PM    (permalink
cuzifelt1ikeit
Veteran

cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackAttack View Post

Fact is he has some real talent and, had he worked hard through his college career, probably would have been at least a 2nd rounder. If our staff can get him motivated and putting in the effort in the weightroom, film room and practices I wouldn't put it past him to be a big time backup RB or possibly even a starter in the future....

who knows, maybe he becomes our MIchael Turner and we trade him in a couple years for 1st rounder :)
i would hope he turns out like marques colston.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigNall4MVP
biigest mistake packers ever make was geting rid of craig nall he beter then bret faver
cuzifelt1ikeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 06:48 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

It was interesting on ESPN today when they were talking about the Philadelphia Eagles QB position. McNabb, they said, is probably safe for this upcoming season and in 2008, but in 2009 it's an option year for McNabb and the Eagles may be looking to go in the direction of 2nd round pick Kevin Kolb. This got me to thinking, could Donavan McNabb possibly be a Packer one day??? Favre has no more than two years left and if he does retire after this season and Rodgers steps in and does a subpar job, the Packers will likely look to address the most important position on the field. I'm just throwing this idea out there and I would certainly not be against this one day happening. What do you guys think???

Old 05-08-2007, 06:58 PM    (permalink
NickCollins36
Rookie

NickCollins36 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackAttack View Post

maybe he becomes are starting back!

sig by diehardvikingsfan

IN TED WE TRUST
NickCollins36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 07:33 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It was interesting on ESPN today when they were talking about the Philadelphia Eagles QB position. McNabb, they said, is probably safe for this upcoming season and in 2008, but in 2009 it's an option year for McNabb and the Eagles may be looking to go in the direction of 2nd round pick Kevin Kolb. This got me to thinking, could Donavan McNabb possibly be a Packer one day??? Favre has no more than two years left and if he does retire after this season and Rodgers steps in and does a subpar job, the Packers will likely look to address the most important position on the field. I'm just throwing this idea out there and I would certainly not be against this one day happening. What do you guys think???
If Rodgers doesn't pan out i'd be all for having McNabb as our QB. When healthy he's the 3rd best QB in the league behind Brady and Manning but like I said that's when he's healthy. He's been having injury troubles the past couple years that i'm sure would scare away some teams.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 07:33 PM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This got me to thinking, could Donavan McNabb possibly be a Packer one day??? I'm just throwing this idea out there and I would certainly not be against this one day happening. What do you guys think???
McNabb in two years would still have a lot of good things about him. He's running a WCO now, and it could be a good fit. He'd still have plenty of arm and likely be pretty mobile.

That being said, if Aaron Rodgers shows what made him a first rounder, McNabb won't be necessary. Rodgers was a great college QB, and I think he has the perfect type of game for what HC MM wants to do, even beyond Favre for the system as he is a higher percentage, lower turnover type of player. What he doesn't, and what very few players do have, is Favre's ability to turn nothing into something and his ability to conceivably hit a TD on any pass play.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:39 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Nope, I don't think there is any chance. First and foremost it's Aaron's job. With being in the league already for 3 years (assuming Favre is gone after this one) he should be ready right away. However if he's not he still gets 2 seasons as a starter to prove himself. Should for whatever reason Rodgers fails it's back to the draft.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:03 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why would we need McNabb? If Rodgers happens to be a disappointment, we've alway got Ingle to fall back on.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 09:45 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
Why would we need McNabb? If Rodgers happens to be a disappointment, we've alway got Ingle to fall back on.
I just threw that idea out there and IMO Ingle Martin will never start a game in Green Bay b/c he's the best QB on the roster. If that's the case that Martin is in fact the best QB on the roster then adding someone like McNabb would be leaps and bounds better than Martin.

Last edited by princefielder28 : 05-08-2007 at 09:50 PM.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:46 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I just threw that idea out there and IMO Ingle Martin will never start a game in Green Bay b/c he's the best QB on the roster. If that's the case that Martin is in fact the best QB on the roster then adding someone like McNabb would be leaps and bounds better than Martin.
Does this not make sense to anyone else?

stephenson86
Old 05-08-2007, 09:51 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF4 View Post
Does this not make sense to anyone else?
Martin will never start a game in Green Bay b/c he's the best option we have; it would be due to an injury or something similar to that

Old 05-08-2007, 09:55 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Martin will never start a game in Green Bay b/c he's the best option we have; it would be due to an injury or something similar to that
I'm sure what your trying to say is probably right but you say that he's the best option that we have, what do you mean by option? because the best options we have are Favre and Rodgers.

stephenson86
Old 05-08-2007, 09:58 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF4 View Post
I'm sure what your trying to say is probably right but you say that he's the best option that we have, what do you mean by option? because the best options we have are Favre and Rodgers.
It was originally based off of jackalope's statement of "If Rodgers happens to be a disappointment we always have Martin to all back on."

Old 05-08-2007, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
It was originally based off of jackalope's statement of "If Rodgers happens to be a disappointment we always have Martin to all back on."
Who knows...Martin may develop into a decent quarterback at some point. Still, I agree with you that he'll likely never start a game for Green Bay. Even if Rodgers is a bust and Favre retires, Martin will likely already be gone or he won't be good enough to slot into the starting position.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 10:30 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

His name is Ingle, He'll be good.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 11:45 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rodgers all the way, he will a good productive qb.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:49 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
Rodgers all the way, he will a good productive qb.
I hope Aaron has success as well, but I'm just going through possible scenarios

Old 05-09-2007, 03:32 PM    (permalink
M1Koter
Rookie

So what do we consider as a need position wise in next years draft? I think most of it depends on how guys devolp. S could be one but if Underwood can step up thats covered. CB of the future, but if Blackmon can step up I don't think that would be an issue. OT of the future maybe, TE definatly, A million different thing could happen with the WR situation. So really only one definate and a couple maybes. Sounds like a pretty solid team for years to come.

Quote: