Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-04-2007, 07:17 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
I think Stallworth tweaked his hamstring while carrying Brady's Coach ManPurse
hahah it's funny cause he carries a manpurse

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 10:16 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"Quote:
Unlike some people, I'm not a homer who defends everything my team does. "

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post

No, you're much, much worse than that.

I don't think that qualifies as a comeback. It's basically the internet equivalent of standing there stuttering.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 08:27 AM    (permalink
luckyjackaubrey
Veteran

Location: South Jersey via Nantucket thru Presque Isle with future considerations
luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Out of everything you just said, what have they not done in the past? I'm definitely baiting you... but seriously, think about that...
You are right in that it is the same general gameplan but the free agents they are targeting are not complimentary players , but top tier talent. This is somewhat subjective but you have to agree that outside of the occasional Rosie Colvin, most of the pickups in the past were " who the hell is Joe Andruzzi" type.

This year the haul is a group considered by the media and fan concensus to be top rated performers .
luckyjackaubrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 08:38 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could definitely see why people would say the Pats are getting desperate with all of the off-season signings and trading draft picks (something unusual for the Pats). But I do not think it is because they are, desperate. The Patriots are always changing the way they do things. They are known for drafting high-character guys, and with their first pick they take Brandon Meriweather and they trade their 4th rounder for Randy Moss. That is not waht we are used to seeing the Pats do, but it does not make them desperate. The Pats truly are always changing, after their first super bowl victory against the Rams they completely changed their defense, moving from a 4-3 to a 3-4. You could say that the personnel was suited for both defenses, but I do remeber when they made the shift everyone was asking "why?". The bottom line is that just because that the Patriots are doing things differently does not mean that they are desperate.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Knights

I think it all comes down to everyone being jealous. The Patriots have been getting it done for years without many superstars. They have been more of a team than anyone else. This offseason, the Pats made huge signings and everyone becomes either scared or jealous and all they can pray for is a Moss meltdown. But the problem is that we all know that won't happen.
Old 05-05-2007, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyjackaubrey View Post
You are right in that it is the same general gameplan but the free agents they are targeting are not complimentary players , but top tier talent. This is somewhat subjective but you have to agree that outside of the occasional Rosie Colvin, most of the pickups in the past were " who the hell is Joe Andruzzi" type.

This year the haul is a group considered by the media and fan concensus to be top rated performers .
Right, but these guys weren't there in past years. How is that to be held against the Pats? They make the moves they can in the time frame they can make them. How many huge free agents have switched teams during the last six years that have panned out and played positions of interest for the Pats?

The Pats are about value. Randy Moss for 3 mil a year and a 4th round pick is value. Adalius Thomas improving their LB corp vastly is value.

And people make a huge deal about the Pats letting guys walk away. I issued the challenge what, four-five days ago? And no one has presented a single guy they should regret not resigning.

So again, this entire thread is stupid, so I am going to get back to my original point of it being nothing more than an asinine topic created by a known Pats hater who likes to troll around and spin everything the Pats do into a negative. I am SHOCKED he hasn't started a thread about Tom Brady in a Yankee hat yet...
Old 05-05-2007, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Non_Sequitur
Veteran

Non_Sequitur hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerCohen View Post
I don't think that qualifies as a comeback. It's basically the internet equivalent of standing there stuttering.
It's what happens when someone else is right and you are too much of a homer to be able to admit it. They act like bad politicians just repeating the same things over and over (IE Kerry is a Flip Flopper) with the hope that if they say it enough, people will believe that it's true.

Ex:
Quote:
Right, but these guys weren't there in past years. How is that to be held against the Pats? They make the moves they can in the time frame they can make them. How many huge free agents have switched teams during the last six years that have panned out and played positions of interest for the Pats?

The Pats are about value. Randy Moss for 3 mil a year and a 4th round pick is value. Adalius Thomas improving their LB corp vastly is value.

And people make a huge deal about the Pats letting guys walk away. I issued the challenge what, four-five days ago? And no one has presented a single guy they should regret not resigning.

So again, this entire thread is stupid, so I am going to get back to my original point of it being nothing more than an asinine topic created by a known Pats hater who likes to troll around and spin everything the Pats do into a negative. I am SHOCKED he hasn't started a thread about Tom Brady in a Yankee hat yet...
Non_Sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 09:04 PM    (permalink
Bigburt63
Veteran

Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Non_Sequitur View Post
It's what happens when someone else is right and you are too much of a homer to be able to admit it. They act like bad politicians just repeating the same things over and over (IE Kerry is a Flip Flopper) with the hope that if they say it enough, people will believe that it's true.

Ex:
but you do hate the patriots, as is evident by the number of anti-patriot threads you've created, and he was just pointing out the challenge that he issued some time ago that nobody has met yet. this is not him repeating things to try and make his point, he did, and u simply ignore it. Jay, like many patriots fans, feel that this move could work out very well (not WILL but COULD), and this is based on their recent track record of bringing in head cases and being able to control them.
Bigburt63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 09:22 PM    (permalink
Non_Sequitur
Veteran

Non_Sequitur hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigburt63 View Post
but you do hate the patriots, as is evident by the number of anti-patriot threads you've created, and he was just pointing out the challenge that he issued some time ago that nobody has met yet. this is not him repeating things to try and make his point, he did, and u simply ignore it. Jay, like many patriots fans, feel that this move could work out very well (not WILL but COULD), and this is based on their recent track record of bringing in head cases and being able to control them.
I've answered all of his points. I am not a Patriots fan, true, but I don't hate them. If anything I hate the fans that pretend the Pats are impervious to faults and criticism. Signing a guy who is more about the money than the team, trading for a Head-case, drafting an underachiever from Miami.... When other teams do this, it's bad policy. When it's the Pats suddenly it's just good strategy? That's bollocks and you know it.
Non_Sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 09:44 PM    (permalink
Bigburt63
Veteran

Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I've answered all of his points. I am not a Patriots fan, true, but I don't hate them. If anything I hate the fans that pretend the Pats are impervious to faults and criticism. Signing a guy who is more about the money than the team, trading for a Head-case, drafting an underachiever from Miami.... When other teams do this, it's bad policy. When it's the Pats suddenly it's just good strategy? That's bollocks and you know it.
what some see as underachieving for merriweather, others see as potential. im not sure which guy u are referring to that we signed who is all about the money, but both thomas and stallworth (the two biggest FA signings) took the patriots offer when there was more money offered by other teams, hmmm all about the money?. we traded for a head case, but the feeling is that if it works out and he can keep his stuff in line, great, if not, w/e we can cut him and win without him, as we a have done for years before. the moves were designed to put us over the edge for this upcoming season, not for the long term (the exception being thomas). they still draft to have players for the future and present, but with a bulk of the team getting older they obviously wanted to bulk up to get one more push. the idea is to get a team that can make runs at the superbowl every so often, a cyclic pattern. while at the same time remaining competitive
Old 05-05-2007, 09:55 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Patriots also traded for a disgruntled player in 2003.

That Corey Dillon guy worked out alright...
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Bigburt63
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
The Patriots also traded for a disgruntled player in 2003.

That Corey Dillon guy worked out alright...
don't repeat facts, that means we're wrong and just keep trying to force it enough for it to become true
Old 05-05-2007, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerCohen View Post
I wasn't even going to address this, because Non_Sequitur has been exposed throughout this thread and I'd think that speaks for itself, but apparently not. So since I apparently need to write a ten paragraph essay for EVERY point made in this thread, regardless of how ridiculous, refer to, I don't know, the rest of the thread if you'd like reasoning behind said quoted statement. It's not really brain surgery.

Quote:
No, it's what happens when you deal with someone that has the mental capacity of a ****** and you don't feel like dignifying them with a response.

See, you're what we call... a hack. You're full of crap. You make **** up. As has already been cited in this thread, you're doing everything you possibly can to sling mud at the Patriots, and then you call people homers thinking that makes you argument any more valid. Your "argument" is baseless and pretty much invalid, but I'll expose that in just a minute with the latest gem you've left me to work with.

Quote:
I've answered all of his points.
No, you haven't.

Quote:
I am not a Patriots fan, true, but I don't hate them.
Quote:
If anything I hate the fans that pretend the Pats are impervious to faults and criticism.
Something no one has done. I have personally said if you want to say something negative, come specific and come correct. You can not and have not done that, thus the reason this is on page five.

Quote:
Signing a guy who is more about the money than the team,
A. Who are you referring to?
B. How are you qualified to make this assessment?
C. HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Quote:
trading for a Head-case,
A. Who by all accounts is a great teammate.
B. Who has proven to be one of the best players at his position.
C. Are you a psychiatrist?
D. Have you met Randy Moss?
E. Know anyone who's had any interaction?
F. Have you even taken a high school Psychology class?
G. Can you predict the future?
I. Just seeing if you can spell.
J. Has Randy Moss even been introduced to the media in New England?
K. Since he hasn't, how can you act like an authoritarian and tell everyone how he is going to ruin the Patriots?
L. What happened to H?
M. So how do you know Randy Moss is going to ruin the Patriots?
N. I dare you to say previous track record.
O. Do we get the point yet?
P. Can I stretch this to Z?
Q. Nope.

Quote:
drafting an underachiever from Miami....
Here's where you start slinging **** against the wall to see if it sticks. Your team is absolutely legendary in blowing first round picks, so I should trust your judgment here, but since the Brandon Meriweather pick has been applauded by critics across the board, I am going to take their opinions over that of a jealous New York cry baby who gets his yucks trying to put his team over on the Patriots.

Ironically, I've read many of the same critics who loved the Meriweather pick criticize trading up to draft Darelle Revis. What a co-wink-ee-dink.

Quote:
When other teams do this, it's bad policy.
When your team can close the gap between Super Bowls to under 38 years, I'll let you lecture me on bad policy.

Quote:
When it's the Pats suddenly it's just good strategy? That's bollocks and you know it.
Seems to have worked in Super Bowls XXXVI, XXXVII and XXXIX. It also seems to have won the Patriots the last four division titles. It also seemed to get the Patriots to the AFC Championship game last year. Do you need me to keep going?

You're a fraud. Consider yourself exposed.

Maybe we should make it policy to call any team in the NFL desperate any time they make any kind of addition to their team. Seems about accurate since this one is supposed to be legit. If we want to talk desperate, lets take a drive about four hours to the south. Doesn't this sound like the acts of a desperate team?

-Trading away draft picks for an aging system RB.
-Trading half your draft away to get two guys the division front runners are said to be targeting.
-Signing a DT that hasn't even played in the league in over four years.
-Signed an aging DE for no apparent reason at all.
-Wasted a draft pick trading for a loud mouthed RB that they kicked to the curve after the season.

Wow, this is a fun game to play. Maybe I should keep playing? Or maybe everyone gets the point?

So basically, every team in the NFL is officially desperate because they made a move and that means they are freaking out and want/need to win the Super Bowl right now. Wait, isn't that the point? Oh yeah...
Old 05-07-2007, 12:31 PM    (permalink
Bigburt63
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
or, just keep repeating a single fact like that means the exact same thing will happen every single time said circumstance happens. you're implying that the results are basically inevitable because they've made one similar move that worked out. that's moronic.
no, we are saying that since the team has a history of turning around such players that there is no reason to automatically think it will fail, or that it will actually fail. can it fail, of course, but until this organization has one fail, i will continue to believe that it wont.
Old 05-07-2007, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

If people bring idiotic reasons and examples to the table, you should. I certainly won't tolerate people making baseless claims about my team.

And there's no need to act butt hurt over it. As has been stated many times in this thread, Non_Sequitor takes pot-shots at the Pats every chance he gets, twists every little thing that happens into something it's not, and generally has an inferiority complex towards the Pats. If you want proof, I've already provided a few links, and here's another gem that he decided to post in the Pats forum. So gee, I wonder why I am not taking him seriously?

No one is saying it can't happen, we're saying that it hasn't, and there is absolutely zero reason to believe it will because of that fact. We've had a 100% success rate. 100% Raider fans haven't given me a reason to think otherwise. Vikings fans haven't given me a reason to think otherwise. You certainly have not given me any reason to believe otherwise. So why should I be forced to believe that Randy Moss is going to be a problem with the Patriots? Why should I be forced to believe the Patriots are desperate because they followed the process of acquiring new players? Why is it considered fact when someone who's not a Patriot fan says that, but it's completely ridiculous when a Patriots fan tells them they are wrong? None of this makes sense.

Please, I am begging you, answer these questions for me. You are so obsessed with making us Patriots fans bow down while you force-feed us everything you're shooting our way as factual information because you're saying it and we're just homer Patriot fans, bring something to the table here. Otherwise... sheesh man, let it go. Seriously.
Old 05-07-2007, 01:12 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

If that makes you sleep better at night, then you believe what you want.

All I know, is that it is now May 7th, and Randy Moss hasn't even stepped foot in a Patriots locker room, so neither of us are qualified to say what's going to happen. You may be right. You'll probably be wrong. But either way, throwing our e-cocks on the table isn't going to win this argument, because quite frankly, there isn't a right answer.

So unless you've got something factual you want to bring to the table, I implore you find another topic to harp on. Because until it happens, it hasn't happened, and I am not going to sit around and worry that it's going to happen. Bottom line. And that's the way it should be.

Enjoy Daniel Graham. He wasn't used right here and he is a fine addition to your team.

But here's an interesting topic I should start: Are the Broncos getting desperate? I mean, signing Daniel Graham, trading for Dre Bly? What is this world coming to?!? See how ridiculous that sounds? Yeah, I thought so...
Old 05-07-2007, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

I don't think you're getting desperate at all. I think it's a team following the process. So clearly, we have philosophical differences. Thus the reason this is on page six and we talked in circles. [/thread]