Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-09-2007, 11:21 AM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

and GRF, Ford wishes it could sniff the taints of Honda and Toyota when it comes to economy cars.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 11:24 AM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
i'm not gonna post a picture because i drive the most boring car on the planet. a 2003 gold Chevy Malibu. I had an 89 Cutlass before...but new stuff broke every day and i finally smoked a deer and used the insurance check for a down payment on a new car. i was living in a very low rent duplex at the time and could've afforded a fun car...but, i thought i'd save that monthly payment money for when we bought a house.
haha, i bet my car is more boring... i drive a 2000 tan Chevy Malibu... that's much worse.

I do have a 1979 Z28 Camaro that is technically my car, but i have to do some work on it, and i have to run premium, so i don't drive it very often. Plus it's at home, and i'm at school.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 11:25 AM    (permalink
757Dawg
Rookie

757Dawg is a cocksman.757Dawg is a cocksman.757Dawg is a cocksman.757Dawg is a cocksman.757Dawg is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post
Its a Hyundai....

AKA the most inferior, POS cars that exist today.

My ex used to drive a Kia and it was embarrasing to drive in that....

Also your dead wrong about the America bit..... if you want to support the American economy, you got to buy American
The irony is golden.

Talking trash about someone's car when you don't even have your own vehicle. You said you don't even have your license yet. What are you, 14?

Inferior, POS? Funny. I've had it for a few years now and am yet to run into any kind of problem whatsoever. As long as it gets me through the rest of college and a few years after, I'll be more than satisfied.

This kind of response is so typical from your standard 9th-10th grade 'tough guy' who thinks he'll own a supercharged Corvette while he's still in high school working his McJob. Maybe you can get mommy and daddy to fork out some money.
757Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 11:29 AM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

guys... GRF is a 20 year old playa who's had sex with 3 girls...

Old 05-09-2007, 11:33 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm still driving the '99 Grand Am SE.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 11:37 AM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Only mine's white and has aftermarket rims.
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 12:12 PM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

mine is dark blue and i dont have t-tops.

also have a lancer to drive around in winter and when its crappy outside (the fun of wisconsin)
Old 05-09-2007, 12:29 PM    (permalink
tEk
Veteran

tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post
you dont get it man....

Ford Fusion is the premiere economy car at the moment and it gets like 31 MPG. and its well under $20,000

If your talking a soccer mom car, the best imo is the Mercury Mariner Hybrid. ~35 MPG and its a big SUV with good performance. Gas mileage goes up a lot if your not on the highway as well (it uses zero gas if your going under 25 MPH). and its not that expensive
how long have you driven an american car. by your description not very long. see i made a mistake and bought a ford mustang as my first car.(not the coolest **** i ever did but yea) used mind you at 105 thousand miles. after 10 miles of me driving it(***** footing it around), the car need the transmission to be replaced and on that model it ranged from 1500 bucks no warranty to 2000 bucks with a 6 month warranty on parts and labor. its not the gas economy on the car its the fact that american cars rarely can get past 80,000 miles without some major work needed in the engine or drivetrain or electrical system. while a honda or toyota or kia for that matter can go well into 200k miles and still be on original engine and transmission. i will admit that american cars look alot better ascetically but for what you get out of the price it's ridiculously in favor of the foreign car market for value.

Hitman D
tEk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 12:36 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tEk View Post
how long have you driven an american car. by your description not very long. see i made a mistake and bought a ford mustang as my first car.(not the coolest **** i ever did but yea) used mind you at 105 thousand miles. after 10 miles of me driving it(***** footing it around), the car need the transmission to be replaced and on that model it ranged from 1500 bucks no warranty to 2000 bucks with a 6 month warranty on parts and labor. its not the gas economy on the car its the fact that american cars rarely can get past 80,000 miles without some major work needed in the engine or drivetrain or electrical system. while a honda or toyota or kia for that matter can go well into 200k miles and still be on original engine and transmission. i will admit that american cars look alot better ascetically but for what you get out of the price it's ridiculously in favor of the foreign car market for value.
105 thousand miles is a lot for an american car... plus, it's obvious that you bought the car with a bum Transmission... That's a mistake by you the car buyer, not the manufacturer.

Plus Ford is low quality anyway.

Old 05-09-2007, 12:42 PM    (permalink
tEk
Veteran

tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
105 thousand miles is a lot for an american car... plus, it's obvious that you bought the car with a bum Transmission... That's a mistake by you the car buyer, not the manufacturer.

Plus Ford is low quality anyway.
right, but i was young dumb and full of you know. and i wanted a poon magnet.(it worked) yes it was my fault for buying a ford. but i could have payed just a much for a civic. but noooo that was a lame car. pfft i probably would still have the civic.

and mr swan. what american car companies are good in you opinion. i love their designs and wouldn't mind getting some old muscle cars(to restore not daily drivers). but like i said earlier what you pay for a mustang (new or use) is comparable to far superior(imo) japanese car(civic).

Hitman D
Old 05-09-2007, 12:45 PM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My first car was a '93 ford taurus. My mom gave it to me when she got a new car.

By the time it had 100k miles on it, it was on it's third transmission [two of which covered by warranty's] and then at 112k miles cracked the head gasket.

I received $300 from the junk yard [who even came and picked it up].

I then turned around and bought a 2000 Kia Sportage 4x4 5 speed with 64k miles on it for 3k [tax and title included].

I'll take my Kia over GRF's life.

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!
j05son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 12:47 PM    (permalink
tEk
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by j05son View Post
My first car was a '93 ford taurus. My mom gave it to me when she got a new car.

By the time it had 100k miles on it, it was on it's third transmission [two of which covered by warranty's] and then at 112k miles cracked the head gasket.

I received $300 from the junk yard [who even came and picked it up].

I then turned around and bought a 2000 Kia Sportage 4x4 5 speed with 64k miles on it for 3k [tax and title included].

I'll take my Kia over GRF's life.
i think we all would.

Hitman D
Old 05-09-2007, 12:51 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My Ford Ka, well obviously not my car, but looks the same as mine, does me since I am a student.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 12:58 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan View Post

My Ford Ka, well obviously not my car, but looks the same as mine, does me since I am a student.
"Fuel efficient and fits in your back pocket!"
Old 05-09-2007, 01:04 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

why don't manufacturers make the same cars everywhere?? we don't have the Ka thing as I am sure they don't have some of the cars we have. it doesn't make any sense not to make them for the US as well or for the UK as well.

Old 05-09-2007, 01:06 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
why don't manufacturers make the same cars everywhere?? we don't have the Ka thing as I am sure they don't have some of the cars we have. it doesn't make any sense not to make them for the US as well or for the UK as well.
They need smaller cars in the UK, because their streets are as wide as a desk. We Americans like bigger cars.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:07 PM    (permalink
tEk
Veteran

Quote:
well my friend, it makes perfect sense. the uk and japan have different needs than the us. the us wants a big over sized truck to haul cows and tractors. while the uk wants a small car because they live on an island, also the car must be very fuel efficient. although ford is a dumb company and i do not support them in any way.

*edit* haha sarf types shorter and faster than i.

Hitman D
Old 05-09-2007, 01:07 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

Quote:
right, but i was young dumb and full of you know. and i wanted a poon magnet.(it worked) yes it was my fault for buying a ford. but i could have payed just a much for a civic. but noooo that was a lame car. pfft i probably would still have the civic.

and mr swan. what american car companies are good in you opinion. i love their designs and wouldn't mind getting some old muscle cars(to restore not daily drivers). but like i said earlier what you pay for a mustang (new or use) is comparable to far superior(imo) japanese car(civic).
if you want a Muscle Car to restore... (i'm assuming you mean pre 1980s, because otherwise they aren't muscle cars) you can't go wrong with a Camaro, or even a Mustang. My personal favorties are the 1970 Dodge Challenger, and the 1970 Plymouth Hemi Cuda, but those can be pricey, and it's tough to find parts for Mopar cars, at least relatively inexpensive parts.

Being that you are in Southern California, rust wouldn't be a huge issue, so i would just look for something with a solid body... it all depends on how much work you're willing to do, and how much money you have to put into it.

I'm not really sure what the last part of your quote is referring to however... Japanese cars are vastly more reliable, and comparably inexpensive... plus the gas mileage is unmatched.

However, Japanese car companies don't put a lot of stock into the appearance, or the luxury of their cars. They also don't have the type of raw (unmodified) power that American cars do.

Old 05-09-2007, 01:09 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ford Ka is a big seller over here, but the guys above are right, it isn't necessary / worthwhile to sell it in the US, much like we don't get Mustangs etc..

Old 05-09-2007, 01:09 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillaraiderfan View Post
They need smaller cars in the UK, because their streets are as wide as a desk. We Americans like bigger cars.
ah i love small cars. easier to get in and out of traffic. MINI's are the best and i am looking to get one as my next car. but what you said makes sense. i just wish that we had the option to get them.

Old 05-09-2007, 01:10 PM    (permalink
tEk
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
I'm not really sure what the last part of your quote is referring to however... Japanese cars are vastly more reliable, and comparably inexpensive... plus the gas mileage is unmatched.

However, Japanese car companies don't put a lot of stock into the appearance, or the luxury of their cars. They also don't have the type of raw (unmodified) power that American cars do.
that pretty much elaborated on what i was going for, but you made it more cohesive and gave more info.

as for muscle cars i might go for a 71' mach1 mustang, or an early corvette.

Hitman D
Old 05-09-2007, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Kurve
Veteran

Kurve hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Kurve hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

2005 Scion Tc Supercharged
18inch Enkei and 2inch Goldline drop

This picture is about a year and half old it was taken out here in vegas near Red Rock 10 mins outside of Las Vegas. One of my favorite pictures because the stunning background view.
Kurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 01:13 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

Quote:
that pretty much elaborated on what i was going for, but you made it more cohesive and gave more info.

as for muscle cars i might go for a 71' mach1 mustang, or an early corvette.
well if you're going to go with a Corvette, make sure that either it's not a fiberglass body, or that you won't need to do any body work. The fiberglass bodied corvettes are a pain to repair by hand, and costly to get done by a professional if you can find one who will do it.

Old 05-09-2007, 01:14 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

Quote:
ah i love small cars. easier to get in and out of traffic. MINI's are the best and i am looking to get one as my next car. but what you said makes sense. i just wish that we had the option to get them.
Mini's are nice.....if you're a girl!!!

I kid I kid, but seriously you'll need an iPod Nano to go with that Mini...
Old 05-09-2007, 01:15 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillaraiderfan View Post
Mini's are nice.....if you're a girl!!!

I kid I kid, but seriously you'll need an iPod Nano to go with that Mini...
Why must you mock the man for having a girly car SARF? Not everyone can be a beacon of manliness like yourself...