Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Buffalo Bills Team Forum

Buffalo Bills Team Forum Discuss the Bills

Old 05-05-2007, 10:21 AM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
Goalie interference. Noone seemed to really complain about it. Doesn't come close to the kick or Briere's G4 goal.

And come on. Leaving with 16 seconds left? Might as well just give me your remaining tickets...

Can't think of anyone that looked overly bad today. Roy, maybe.
Tallinder was outstadning. Great game.

WOO!
Ya well, I live about an hour and half away, and considering the border, and the wait I would've had afer the game, I wanted to beat the rush. but trust me, NO MORE! Im going to stay from now on!

I wouldnt say Roy looked bad, I thought he played physical today, for his size, he was fighting for it. If MAx hadnt scored the winner, I would'v said he played the worst, but I cant say anything now!

Tallinder was great, I thought Campbell played very well too, he stopped a couple 2 on 1's and looked pretty good. He used some moves too, dont know if you guys saw him spin around Avery (I think it was Avery), that was nice!

But ya, I will never leave early again, unless the game is not in doubt. In the end I ended staying like 2 hours after the game before we hit the road anyways, so it would'nt have mattered anyways. GREAT GAME! One of the best Ive seen!

Welcome back Gaustad! I thought he played very well for the time he was on. He should be good for the rest of the playoffs.

EDIT: What I said above is no excuse tho! I am disappointed in myself.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 04:37 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Found this funny being around the area of Buffalo.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 04:50 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ha, haven't seen that before.
Do you remember the Emery vs. Pylon fliers that were around last year?

Also, GREAT sig.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 03:22 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone want to comment on the ****** play of last night?

The PP play has to improve or we're gonna get ******.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 03:31 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No. I really don't want to talk about it. At least Emery still looked like the Emery we know for the most part.
Old 05-11-2007, 09:25 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Right now I would bench Briere for Andrew Peters. This is what they need. A physical force, no one is doing that. Crash the net like crazy. Im pretty sure there were only two shots on goal in which a sabre was in front of Emery. Briere sucked. I dont care that the guys on WGR were saying ya well he got you there, ya well that doesnt mean **** right now. What happened in the Rangers series is gone, you onto the Sens now. GEEZ!

Lindy should cut that "C" off his jersey, and give it back to DRRRRUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRYYYYY! I thought that Drury played very well, he always plays hard. I thought Adam Mair acutally played a good game as well. I think it was the line of Mair, Guastad and I cant remember the 3rd guy, might of been Connolly, that was the best line of the night. Hope its a different outcome tomorrow.

P.S I am really that pissed off at Daniel Briere. If your gonna wear the C, be a plyer dont be scared.
Old 05-12-2007, 12:23 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsley26 View Post
Right now I would bench Briere for Andrew Peters. This is what they need. A physical force, no one is doing that. Crash the net like crazy. Im pretty sure there were only two shots on goal in which a sabre was in front of Emery. Briere sucked. I dont care that the guys on WGR were saying ya well he got you there, ya well that doesnt mean **** right now. What happened in the Rangers series is gone, you onto the Sens now. GEEZ!

Lindy should cut that "C" off his jersey, and give it back to DRRRRUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRYYYYY! I thought that Drury played very well, he always plays hard. I thought Adam Mair acutally played a good game as well. I think it was the line of Mair, Guastad and I cant remember the 3rd guy, might of been Connolly, that was the best line of the night. Hope its a different outcome tomorrow.

P.S I am really that pissed off at Daniel Briere. If your gonna wear the C, be a plyer dont be scared.
Uggh. I'm surprised that this isn't an emotional post-game response, but it's actually a day later and probably serious. Briere had a great Game 6, and played about as well as half the team yesterday (not saying anything good about him). Noone was playing physical, we were awful on the boards. But benching him after one game for a guy that we'd play for 2 shifts in the first period and never see the rest of the game is just illogical (Even though Peters improved as a skater this year and he does go to the net, you know he wouldnt get ice time to be worth it and wouldn't be more effective in the end). I know we like to get pissed at Briere, it was common practice for some games during the playoffs and quite a few at the end of the season as well. But his positioning hasn't been too bad lately and he's certainly cut down on the penalties the past couple games. Danny, Kotalik, and Timmy C I think will perform as our best line tomorrow. Just you watch.

And I have to say it because I love him. How good has Tallinder been lately! Certainly a bright spot for us.
Old 05-12-2007, 10:24 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ohhh Danny Briere....

Old 05-15-2007, 10:17 AM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

You guys dont understand. Observations so far. Briers has come miles in the past 2 games going back to his regualr spot at center. Drury seems to have taken a hit recently. Emery is still Emery. Coughing up those rebounds like crazy. I mean ****, pay me, and ill crash the net and dump the rebounds in. They never crash the net, and if they did they would get more chances like when Briere scored with 5 seconds left. Kalinan is horrible, Nummenin is garbage too. Man the whole defense is playing like crap. Tallinder might be the best, but the turnovers have to stop. They need to stop dink-and-doinking around and just make the pass and get up the ice. This is unbeleiveable. If i was Lindy, I would just press Emery and put shots on net and crash and get the rebounds. At least your gonna get some offense and shots on net.
Old 05-15-2007, 05:18 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

"You guys don't understand"?
Who has even said anything about the past two games?

Obviously we need more shots. We just turn it over before getting possession in their zone or get all our shots blocked. Any type of rush we have is limited because we've been on defense so long that everyone's changing. Our best rebound chances go for nothing because there's nobody there.
It took us forever, but we took one good step yesterday when we finally changed up the PP with Gaustad out there. Only guy I've seen battling for the puck on the power play all game.
It's not like any skater is playing great anyway, but I wouldn't say Numminen is garbage. I'd say he's been one of our better defensemen over the past few.
Old 05-15-2007, 11:07 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee;396999[B
]"You guys don't understand"?
Who has even said anything about the past two games? [/b]
Obviously we need more shots. We just turn it over before getting possession in their zone or get all our shots blocked. Any type of rush we have is limited because we've been on defense so long that everyone's changing. Our best rebound chances go for nothing because there's nobody there.
It took us forever, but we took one good step yesterday when we finally changed up the PP with Gaustad out there. Only guy I've seen battling for the puck on the power play all game.
It's not like any skater is playing great anyway, but I wouldn't say Numminen is garbage. I'd say he's been one of our better defensemen over the past few.
sorry about that. I didnt finish my thought. I meant you guys dont udnerstand how POed i am right now. I thought that Guastad played solid in the PP, but the things that are getting to me is how everyone is trying to do it on their own. I mean Max, everytime he gets the puck he tries to skate around everyone and drive in on his own. He always gets stopped, and seems to get run over at the boards. Thus we lose the puck, and are a man down. I see Connolly doing the same things. THey keep trying to do the fancy passes. They just need to buckle down, and make the dam pass first. Get shots on Emery, and crash the net. Dump the rebounds, then you get your shots and goals.
Old 05-18-2007, 07:57 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

We Believe.

Old 05-19-2007, 03:51 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ot, Ot, Ot!

Old 05-20-2007, 04:32 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Guys, I am in depresson mode right now. I made a Stanlel Cup for the game yesteday, i have fans taking pictures with it at intermission, fans kissing it and hugging it, it was unreal. then for alfreddson to score that goal. GEEZ! I had such a GREAT time yesterday, it was unreal. I was in section 104. Love the fans, love the team. Ill tell you this. Im an unreal fan, i actually spent the first period watching in Section 400, THE PLAZA, then bought two tickets in 104 for 250 bucks for 2 1/2 periods. UNREAL! Love the Sabres!

p.s For some reason the song Working Class Hero (originally by John Lennon) by Green Day really for some reason makes me think back on yesterday.
Old 05-27-2007, 11:41 AM    (permalink
OhioState
Veteran

OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Ottawa owns!!
Old 05-29-2007, 02:22 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioState View Post
Ottawa owns!!
leave you miscreant!

Old 07-01-2007, 03:45 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2922605

eight years is crazy.

it was destined to happen.

hopefully we'll resign drury, zubie, and conklin, even tough i hear Chirs is going to San Jose to reunite with Mike Grier.

Old 07-01-2007, 04:35 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2922605

eight years is crazy.

it was destined to happen.

hopefully we'll resign drury, zubie, and conklin, even tough i hear Chirs is going to San Jose to reunite with Mike Grier.
With how little attention we've given to Zubrus and even Drury to an extent, I doubt we end up with both. Conklin I don't care much about, although he is one sexy guy, which is mandatory to be the Sabres backup.
Max can match Briere's production. But of course it would be better to have two guys doing that. But who plays as good a two-way game as Drury for us, and who can be our leader? We can't afford to lose both, and I hate our negotiating policy because that's probably what will end up happening. And if we don't get Briere, Drury, or even Zubrus, then we better go out and toss the bank at Ryan Smyth or something.
Old 07-01-2007, 07:11 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Quote:
With how little attention we've given to Zubrus and even Drury to an extent, I doubt we end up with both. Conklin I don't care much about, although he is one sexy guy, which is mandatory to be the Sabres backup.
Max can match Briere's production. But of course it would be better to have two guys doing that. But who plays as good a two-way game as Drury for us, and who can be our leader? We can't afford to lose both, and I hate our negotiating policy because that's probably what will end up happening. And if we don't get Briere, Drury, or even Zubrus, then we better go out and toss the bank at Ryan Smyth or something.
resigning Mair might be a blessing in disguise.

Old 07-01-2007, 07:45 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
resigning Mair might be a blessing in disguise.
It was never a disguise for me. Briere I knew was gone. Even if we signed Drury I wouldn't have minded playing Gaustad on his wing again and still having Mair play center. Plus, we need guys that hit. Not Peters types, but Mair types. For his talent level he was one of our better playoff performers (in the little time he saw; hooray for abandoning the four line strategy even when we weren't mounting comebacks).
Old 07-02-2007, 11:02 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Anyone want to start a "**** The Rangers" Chant?

Old 07-02-2007, 11:28 AM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

**** the RANGERS

**** the RANGERS
Old 07-10-2007, 01:41 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Apparently we're looking at better things for Michael Ryan this year. Outside of own goals, I like the guy. Super fast and I liked what I saw. Not sure how much he'll improve, he's older than the rest of our prospects. But only time in the league will tell. Anyone think Peters will start the season instead or if MacArthur should already be ahead of him? Ryan could have an edge based on what position we need to fill up front. With Paille figuring to be a full time guy, there's only room for one of the 3 to start. Or just play Paetsch at forward ;)
Old 07-11-2007, 02:07 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Schedule is out. Some notable Sabres games:

Dec 15: Possible Patrick Kane Homecoming
Jan 1: Hosting Penguins at 1:00. Crosby + Ralph = Ice Bowl!
Nov 5-24: Nine straight divisional games, including Montreal four times
We also end the season with 8 straight divisional games, playing each team once at home and on the road.
Dec 21-22: Home-and-home against Philly
After having all of our games vs. the Rangera be over by Dec 1st last year, we don't play them until Jan. 16th this year. Another familair face in this one.
Old 07-11-2007, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Schedule is out. Some notable Sabres games:

Dec 15: Possible Patrick Kane Homecoming
Jan 1: Hosting Penguins at 1:00. Crosby + Ralph = Ice Bowl!
Nov 5-24: Nine straight divisional games, including Montreal four times
We also end the season with 8 straight divisional games, playing each team once at home and on the road.
Dec 21-22: Home-and-home against Philly
After having all of our games vs. the Rangera be over by Dec 1st last year, we don't play them until Jan. 16th this year. Another familair face in this one.
ya i heard about the game at the Ralph. I think thats a sick idea, and I cant wait to go.