Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-09-2006, 11:10 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by art vandelay
Patriots with Miami as a close 2nd.
i love it
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 11:13 AM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee
Quote:
i love it
No offense, but an overrated Patriots and an overrated Miami still own the Bills.

Unfortunately, they will both own the Jets, too. It looks like another long year...
Old 07-09-2006, 11:17 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stop with the personal attacks or say bye to this thread. I am cleaning it up now, but I am not going be hear all day babysitting.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 11:19 AM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
I'm sure :roll: . I hope for McGahee's sake.
LJ Shelton is nothing above average. Did you happen to catch the article on NFL.com about overrated and underrated players on every team? He called Peters a perennial Pro Bowler. There is no way that Shelton is better than Peters.
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 11:19 AM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions
Stop with the personal attacks or say bye to this thread. I am cleaning it up now, but I am not going be hear all babysitting.
Power trip.
Old 07-09-2006, 11:21 AM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstomp
Quote:
Quote:
i love it
No offense, but an overrated Patriots and an overrated Miami still own the Bills.

Unfortunately, they will both own the Jets, too. It looks like another long year...
I'm not sold on Miami. I think that they will lose 1/2 the games they play the Bills and Jets (2 out of 4).
Old 07-09-2006, 11:21 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Stop with the personal attacks or say bye to this thread. I am cleaning it up now, but I am not going be hear all babysitting.
Power trip.
You wanna fight so badly do it through PMs. If you have a problem with me, contact Scott or the Admins. There is no point in senseless bickering.
Old 07-09-2006, 11:23 AM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Power trip.
You wanna fight so badly do it through PMs. If you have a problem with me, contact Scott or the Admins. There is no point in senseless bickering.
Meh, it's just fun arguing with Scorchin, but now it's like we're in Kindergarten with all these little teachers sitting there making sure we don't hurt each others feelings. Whatever.
Old 07-09-2006, 11:25 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

I don't have a problem with arguing, if it wasn't for the part of scorchin's post I edited out, I probably would've let it go. But I shouldn't have to explain myself anymore.
Old 07-09-2006, 11:25 AM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
i love it

I'm not sold on Miami. I think that they will lose 1/2 the games they play the Bills and Jets (2 out of 4).
I can see it if Culpepper plays like last year. But if he plays like a top 15 QB, that will be an amazing offense, and then they have a decent defense to back it up. I just can't see us beating them, and if we do, it's because of a bad week, injury, or just a fluke good game. :P
Old 07-09-2006, 11:26 AM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
I don't have a problem with arguing, if it wasn't for the part of scorchin's post I edited out, I probably would've let it go. But I shouldn't have to explain myself anymore.
Alright. I mean, I've always liked and respected you as a poster, so I'll give you the benifit of the doubt.
Old 07-09-2006, 11:30 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

@ PIT
BUF
TEN
@ HOU
@NE
@NY
GB
@CHI
KC
MIN
@DET
JAC
NE
@BUF
NYJ
@IND

Best-case scenario: 10-6. And that is only the best case. I can't see them winning more than 10 of those.
Old 07-09-2006, 11:31 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to say the Bengals but I don't really see many people rating them as an elite team in 2006.

I do, however, see the occasional piece about how the Dolphins are the up and coming AFC team for 2006. They remind me of the Bills 2004 in a way. I don't necessarily think they won't do good, I just think their new found praise is undeserved for the most part, i.e., they're being overrated.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 11:33 AM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

The Dolphins have ALOT of question marks.

Secondary is a huge concern at all positions. Who's your #2 Corner? Who is #1 for that matter? Tillman starting at SS is hilarious.

Extremely old front 4 which will deteriorate as the season progresses.

Donnie Spragan would not start on most teams.

Wes Walker is the slot reciever

Marty Booker is not what he used to be.

Full back is weak.

Culpepper is a HUGE question mark IMO, their whole offense is based on him this year. Even if Harrington comes in, Miami's o-line is even worse than Detroit's.

Should I go on?

EDIT - Why is full back bleeped out?
Old 07-09-2006, 11:36 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
i love it

Patriots, yes
Miami, i wouldnt be so sure
Old 07-09-2006, 11:38 AM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
i love it

Patriots, yes
As I said, It's all about C-Pepp.
Old 07-09-2006, 11:46 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Almost everything you said was wrong or stupid.

#1 corner, Will Allen, a pretty good physical CB. #2 is Travis Daniels who is perfect for Sabans defense and played well last season. Nickel back is Will Poole who is very talented and would have started last year if not for injury. Tillman isn't starting at SS. Renaldo Hill is.

We are running a 3-4, so I'm assuming you are countind JT, who didn't show any signs of wearing down last year even when he has a foot injury all year. Traylor is old, but he never wears down. Holliday is 30, Carter is 32. None of them have shown any sign if wearing down. 9 sacks from both of them last year? Also we have a lot of youth and depth on the DL. Matt Roth, Manny Wright, Jeff Zgonina, Kevin Vickerson, etc. Spragan is fighting for the starting spot with Keith Newman and Sedrick Hodge. Hodge is a great athlete, but he was just on a horrible team. Spragan is a good starter anyway. ROLB is probably the weakness of the D though.

Wes Welker is a very good slot receiver, and we also have Hagan and Kelly Campbell. Booker led the team in ypc last year and played well, with Gus Frerotte. Now he has Culpepper.

Fullback is weak?!?!?! HAHAHA. We just have pro bowler Fred Beasley. But it is weak. And we have Barnes backing him up, and Morris who can also play FB. But that is a weak position.

Our OL is worse than Detroits. We gave up the fourth fewest sacks in the league last year, and had two backs average 4.4 ypc. And we got better adding 2 new starters. Ever heard of Hudson Houck, doubt it.

Do I need to go on?

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 11:50 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
i love it

Patriots, yes
As I said, It's all about C-Pepp.
I see this now, and I mostly agree
however I do say that Bills win at home against Miami
I might even just toss out a guarantee
Old 07-09-2006, 11:53 AM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:

#1 corner, Will Allen, a pretty good physical CB. #2 is Travis Daniels who is perfect for Sabans defense and played well last season. Nickel back is Will Poole who is very talented and would have started last year if not for injury. Tillman isn't starting at SS. Renaldo Hill is.

We are running a 3-4, so I'm assuming you are countind JT, who didn't show any signs of wearing down last year even when he has a foot injury all year. Traylor is old, but he never wears down. Holliday is 30, Carter is 32. None of them have shown any sign if wearing down. 9 sacks from both of them last year? Also we have a lot of youth and depth on the DL. Matt Roth, Manny Wright, Jeff Zgonina, Kevin Vickerson, etc. Spragan is fighting for the starting spot with Keith Newman and Sedrick Hodge. Hodge is a great athlete, but he was just on a horrible team. Spragan is a good starter anyway. ROLB is probably the weakness of the D though.

Wes Welker is a very good slot receiver, and we also have Hagan and Kelly Campbell. Booker led the team in ypc last year and played well, with Gus Frerotte. Now he has Culpepper.

*********** is weak?!?!?! HAHAHA. We just have pro bowler Fred Beasley. But it is weak. And we have Barnes backing him up, and Morris who can also play FB. But that is a weak position.

Our OL is worse than Detroits. We gave up the fourth fewest sacks in the league last year, and had two backs average 4.4 ypc. And we got better adding 2 new starters. Ever heard of Hudson Houck, doubt it.

Do I need to go on?
If you would like to. I mean, it's all up to you. I don't have mod powers, and I don't think Mcgee does... so really, no ones stopping you.

In fact, yes, please do go on.
Old 07-09-2006, 12:21 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:

*********** is weak?!?!?! HAHAHA. We just have pro bowler Fred Beasley. But it is weak. And we have Barnes backing him up, and Morris who can also play FB. But that is a weak position.

Do I need to go on?
Secondary
Will Allen was not good in NY, he is nothing more than an average CB and should not be a #1 corner.
Will Poole has proven zilch in the NFL, 26 tackles and no INT's.
Travis Daniels is still young and inexperienced, although sadly he is your best CB.
Renaldo Hill is also nothing special, he is just a solid starter. Tillman is still horrible depth and should not be in the league.
Who is your FS?

D-Line
Could be the oldest D-line in the NFL. Keith Traylor is 37, Vonnie Holliday is 31, Kevin Carter is 33. Very brittle bones there and detoriating talent as well. None of them are the players they once were and are only getting worse. Jeff Zgonina should not be part of the statement "youth and depth." The man is 36 years old! Kevin Vickerson??? Who?? I had to look the man up. He has not recorded a game played in the NFL. With Manny Wright all I have to say is "cry me a river." He has played a whopping 4 games in the NFL.

Linebackers
Spragan/Newman/Hodge are all average players with no potential to get better. Whoever starts will probably total 50 tackles at best and be exploited in pass coverage big time. Zach Thomas is still a top LB in the league but when will he start declining? He is 33...

Recievers
Wes Welker is nothing more than an average reciever, he is a kick returner and should not be the slot reciever. I see Hagan taking the spot but having troubles with drops. Booker's catches have declined every year since 2001 when he caught 100 passes so he is on the decline. Kelly Campbell is as frail as a rail and would not make the roster on most teams. You can not say they have Culpepper either, because you do not know that yet. He is a HUGE question mark.

Fullback
I admit that I was wrong here. I did not know that they picked up Beasley in the offseason. He is very good, but also on the decline as he is 32. Darian Barnes I have never heard of and Sammy Morris more of a RB than a FB.

Offensive Line
No really good players here. Jeno James, Rex Hadnot, Daimon McIntosh, Vernon Carey are all just average players. LJ Shelton and Bennie Anderson are fat slugs. Hudson Houck? I don't care who that is beacuse I know he is not playing on the field on Sundays, he is on the sidelines. Just ask Buffalo, your offensive line can be great one year and horrible the next with the exact same players.

What else do you have for me?
Old 07-11-2006, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.

C_O_L_T_S = OVERATED
Pack_Attack_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 02:31 PM    (permalink
filibuster
Rookie

filibuster hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

pats- hands down

everyone is obsessed with them because of their recent success, but their team is breaking apart and if they win their division this year it will only be by a game or two

Hook 'Em Horns
filibuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Stop with the personal attacks or say bye to this thread. I am cleaning it up now, but I am not going be hear all day babysitting.

That's all scorchin ever does, no surprise.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 05:49 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver
Quote:

That's all scorchin ever does, no surprise.
Damn, he posted the most hilarious thing ever... it was like, "you always have to insult people, what's your problem?", etc, etc. part of it is in my sig, but the rest of it is gone...
Old 07-11-2006, 06:12 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
econdary
Will Allen was not good in NY, he is nothing more than an average CB and should not be a #1 corner.
Will Poole has proven zilch in the NFL, 26 tackles and no INT's.
Travis Daniels is still young and inexperienced, although sadly he is your best CB.
Renaldo Hill is also nothing special, he is just a solid starter. Tillman is still horrible depth and should not be in the league.
Who is your FS? Embarassed

D-Line
Could be the oldest D-line in the NFL. Keith Traylor is 37, Vonnie Holliday is 31, Kevin Carter is 33. Very brittle bones there and detoriating talent as well. None of them are the players they once were and are only getting worse. Jeff Zgonina should not be part of the statement "youth and depth." The man is 36 years old! Kevin Vickerson??? Who?? I had to look the man up. He has not recorded a game played in the NFL. With Manny Wright all I have to say is "cry me a river." He has played a whopping 4 games in the NFL.

Linebackers
Spragan/Newman/Hodge are all average players with no potential to get better. Whoever starts will probably total 50 tackles at best and be exploited in pass coverage big time. Zach Thomas is still a top LB in the league but when will he start declining? He is 33...

Recievers
Wes Welker is nothing more than an average reciever, he is a kick returner and should not be the slot reciever. I see Hagan taking the spot but having troubles with drops. Booker's catches have declined every year since 2001 when he caught 100 passes so he is on the decline. Kelly Campbell is as frail as a rail and would not make the roster on most teams. You can not say they have Culpepper either, because you do not know that yet. He is a HUGE question mark.

I admit that I was wrong here. I did not know that they picked up Beasley in the offseason. He is very good, but also on the decline as he is 32. Darian Barnes I have never heard of and Sammy Morris more of a RB than a FB.

Offensive Line
No really good players here. Jeno James, Rex Hadnot, Daimon McIntosh, Vernon Carey are all just average players. LJ Shelton and Bennie Anderson are fat slugs. Hudson Houck? I don't care who that is beacuse I know he is not playing on the field on Sundays, he is on the sidelines. Just ask Buffalo, your offensive line can be great one year and horrible the next with the exact same players.

What else do you have for me?
Allen is a good corner, just not at getting INTs. He is physical in run support, and is exactly the CB that Saban needs. Poole hasn't gotten a chance to prove anything in the NFL, but he was a very talented player in college and would have been a good starter last year. Daniels is the most experiened player in the secondary with Saban's system and actually helped the vets out last year. Hill is an average starter, but he is an upgrade over Tebucky Jones. And are starter at FS? Maybe first round pick Jason Allen .

None of the DL have shown any type of wearing down, I don't know where you are getting that from. Manny Wright is as talented as any DT in this years draft. If he wasn't impressing in camp I doubt Zgonina would have been moved to end. I said Vickerson is a depth player, thats all.

I know all those players are just average. But the thing is Donnie Spragan had over 50 tackles in starting less than half the year. Hodge has a boatload of potential. The guy is a freak athlete with good size. Also ZT has his best year last year, so I doubt he is wearing down. I would also like to add that we have the freak that is Channing Crowder. So we have 3 dominating LBers, and 1 average one, I think it balances out.

Welker was very good in the slot last season. He was constantly getting open and came up huge in big situations last season. And why do you think Hagan will drop balls? Because he had a bad case of the drops at the senior bowl? Booker was playing for the Bears? What do you want from him? He had a year where he was great, and others where he was average. He is a very good #2. He isn't the best, but he definately isn't a weakness. And how is Culpepper a HUGE question mark? He will be out for 3 weeks tops, and will most likely be ready to start the season. Also Joey isn't the worst thing ever, a lot better than any QB in the Bills roster.

Again you assume people are on the decline because the are over 30. Beasley hasn't shown any signs of wearing down and FBs last for a long time. Barnes is a moster of a run blocker and great on special teams. Not much else though. Morris is a good receiving FB and a good runner. And he is versatile which is a plus.

And this is where you had me cracking up. You don't care who Hudson Houck is? Thats like saying I don't care who Alex Gibbs is. Do you think it is a fluke the line got that much better in one year? You are crazy if he has no effect on the team. Shelton is going to be a beast. Hadnot is on his way to be a top center. Anderson is the type of player Houck does wonders with. We also have Seth McKinney if Anderson doesn't show up. Carey has a lot of potential and showed it last season. I now know why you are making such bad points, you don't know about football.

The main reason we are going to be a top team in the AFC is because of the coaching staff. Saban did wonders last year and also helps with the defensive backs. Mike Mularkey is a very, very good offensive coordinator. Don Capers is one of the best 3-4 defenseive coordinators around. Houck is one of the top 2 OL coaches in the league.

Is that enough?

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote