Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

View Poll Results: Who do you think will win the Heisman Award?
McFadden 29 47.54%
Henne 3 4.92%
Brohm 2 3.28%
Booty 7 11.48%
Slaton 7 11.48%
Other (List) 13 21.31%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-11-2007, 08:35 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Heisman Candidates.

Who do you think will be in the running for the heisman, and who do you think will win it?

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 08:41 AM    (permalink
tdpennstate

I think it will be Slaton or Mcfadden, Mcfadden may have a tough time because Arkansas doesnt have a QB, so defenses will put nine in the box. Slaton is in a more balannced offense and defenses also have to watch out for Pat White. So i think slaton is going to have the bigger year.
Old 05-11-2007, 09:37 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Hart is a better candidate to win it than Chad Henne. Hart is the player that drives the entire team. And he came close to getting invited to NY last year.
Old 05-11-2007, 10:05 AM    (permalink
Apriori
Rookie

Apriori hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I like Hart although McFadden has a huge jump on everybody else in terms of publicity.
Apriori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 10:11 AM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

desean jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 10:39 AM    (permalink
rainbeaukid2
All-Pro

rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals1690 View Post
desean jackson
word ..........
Old 05-11-2007, 01:27 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Booty, I think that the supporting cast that he has around him will lead to him putting up great numbers this year. Also, he could potentialy lead the Trojans to the National Title which can only help his cause to win the Heisman.

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is a post I made on my boards in March so it's a little dated I guess.

Well there's definitely plenty of choices.

John David Booty appears to be the next in line to the recent great QBs that USC has had on there team (with Mark Sanchez waiting). But the one thing that hurts his chances is the loss of top WRs in Steve Smith and Dwayne Jarrett. Patrick Turner has some experience but they will have to rely on last year's top-WR recruit in Vidal Hazelton. I don't expect him to win but he'll get some consideration.

Darren McFadden is returning to Arkansas as the favorite this year. He does have the name recognition, stats and skill to be considered the favorite. The one thing that can limit him is if teams can catch up to the system that Arkansas runs. Cody Dick may just be the QB this year and he's possibly one of the worst starting QBs in D-1A football.

Mike Hart isn't the best pro prospect but he does have a very good chance at being the Heisman Winner this year. Michigan returns most of it's talent this year offensively (including Henne, Manningham and Jake Long) which will definitely help his cause out.

Ray Rice was last year's feel-good story of Rutgers (!) but he enters the season without FB Brian Leonard. Rice will take a full load this year with Kordell Young taken some carries from him here and there. Rice did have an unbelieveable year last year but can he repeat that this season? Rutgers will need to have a great year this year for him to get the invite to New York.

Colt Brennan is a good possibility as well if he can match his 2006 year, albeit that will be hard. Brennan does go to Hawaii so it's hard for him to get the national attention but seeing how the team looks, don't be shocked to see them regularly in the top-25. If he puts up 50 TDs, don't expect him to get overlooked this year.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 03:49 PM    (permalink
-black
Pro Bowler

-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brennan.........

-sig by jkpigskin
-black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 05:06 PM    (permalink
HuskerNation
Rookie

HuskerNation needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -black View Post
Brennan.........
Agree, Hawaii is gonna go undefeated
Old 05-11-2007, 05:17 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

JUUUUIIIIICCCCEEEEE!!!! :D

I'll say it's McFadden's to lose right now.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 05:20 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I picked Adrian Peterson to win it this past season. Had he not gotten injured, he probably would have won it. This year I think it will be Steve Slaton.
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 12:01 AM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Desean Jackson
Old 05-12-2007, 01:10 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jackson can't even land a mention in the poll? Sad.
Old 05-12-2007, 01:13 AM    (permalink
Tigers60

I think that McFadden is the favorite but I think Rafael Little is going to have a huge year and could be a sleeper.
Old 05-12-2007, 02:25 AM    (permalink
TouchdownUSC
Rookie

TouchdownUSC hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

John David Booty, USC
TouchdownUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 08:50 AM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerNation View Post
Agree, Hawaii is gonna go undefeated
boise state 2007 is even better than boise state 2006.
Old 05-12-2007, 06:19 PM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.

I think that McFadden is definately the favorite to start the season, hes a heck of a running back but im also one of the guys that think that your team has to have a good year to win it.

I think Booty has a huge advantage because SC is number 1 in the country, lookin to be in the NC, and he has a lot of weapons comin back on the offense even with the loss of Smith and Jarrett.

I think Slaton can also, because he always puts up big numbers and with teams trying to focus on stopping white also, he will go off. West Virginia is usually in the top 10 so dont count him out.
Zyro_1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 08:11 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McFadden's gonna win it.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 09:45 AM    (permalink
Geomar
Rookie

Geomar hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Geomar hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

how about some sleepwers like javariss james how about some defense like kenny phillips and glenn dorseyand how about that huge specimen defensive end from the U 6'8 282 pound calais campbell(didyou know he had 10.5 sacks 20.5 tacles for loss of yards and 84 tackles and he was not even an all-american and he was not even the named the best defensive player in the nation now that is some big time b.s. that he didnt make it to an alla merican team man all these college football analysits need to take a look at this guy he is a monster.) and how about som o-line like jake kong
Geomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 11:25 AM    (permalink
NickBam
Veteran

NickBam hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

1. Colt Brennan
2. Brian Brohm
3. Darren McFadden

Sig by gbpackers0065

Chicago Bears: NFC Champions
NickBam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 01:12 PM    (permalink
Hunter S. Thompson
Rookie

Hunter S. Thompson hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Slaton will win it.

McFadden is losing a lot on the offensive line, and splitting carries with Felix Jones will hurt his overall statistics. Plus his offensive coordinator just left for Tulsa so the creativity of the offense with him throwing for TD's will lessen.

West Virginia will lose one game this season and Slaton will get close to 2,000 yards. He'll be the close winner over McFadden and Booty.
Hunter S. Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote