Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-13-2007, 04:44 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Passing Offense
  • Colts
  • Jaguars
  • Texans
  • Titans
The Colts are the obvious leaders. I wouldn’t put too much emphasis on the last three rankings, because I think they are all middling, although the Jaguars I think have nice potential.

Rushing Offense
  • Jaguars
  • Colts
  • Titans
  • Texans
Fred Taylor and Maurice Drew can still be a lethal duo. Joseph Addai and LenDale White are also second-year backs who will have (or maintain) critical roles.

Passing Defense
  • Jaguars
  • Colts
  • Texans
  • Titans
I view this like passing offense: a clear-cut leader, and “wanna-be’s.”

Rushing Defense
  • Jaguars
  • Texans
  • Titans
  • Colts
This may be like the passing segments, but I do like the young Texans defenders and think that they’ll have a good year.

Special Teams
  • Colts
  • Jaguars
  • Texans
  • Titans
The Colts’ kicking duo is hard to beat. I think the Jaguars can be #1 on this list due to having a good kicker and a nice returner duo, but Adam Podlesh is unproven (although I think he’ll be very good) and because of said Colts’ duo.

Records

Colts: 11-5
Jaguars: 10-6
Texans: 7-9
Titans: 6-10

The Colts remain kings of the division…again. I see the Jaguars as a wildcard, and the homer in me says that they’ll make noise in the playoffs, as they have the potential (keyword) to be elite. The Texans will do better and give some teams a run, but not enough for the postseason. The Titans will regress but still may pull a few upsets.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 05:07 PM    (permalink
jag
Veteran

jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
Passing Offense
  • Colts
  • Jaguars
  • Texans
  • Titans
The Colts are the obvious leaders. I wouldn’t put too much emphasis on the last three rankings, because I think they are all middling, although the Jaguars I think have nice potential.

Rushing Offense
  • Jaguars
  • Colts
  • Titans
  • Texans
Fred Taylor and Maurice Drew can still be a lethal duo. Joseph Addai and LenDale White are also second-year backs who will have (or maintain) critical roles.

Passing Defense
  • Jaguars
  • Colts
  • Texans
  • Titans

Rushing Defense
  • Jaguars
  • Texans
  • Titans
  • Colts
This may be like the passing segments, but I do like the young Texans defenders and think that they’ll have a good year.

Special Teams
  • Colts
  • Jaguars
  • Texans
  • Titans
The Colts’ kicking duo is hard to beat. I think the Jaguars can be #1 on this list due to having a good kicker and a nice returner duo, but Adam Podlesh is unproven (although I think he’ll be very good) and because of said Colts’ duo.

Records

Colts: 11-5
Jaguars: 10-6
Texans: 7-9
Titans: 6-10

The Colts remain kings of the division…again. I see the Jaguars as a wildcard, and the homer in me says that they’ll make noise in the playoffs, as they have the potential (keyword) to be elite. The Texans will do better and give some teams a run, but not enough for the postseason. The Titans will regress but still may pull a few upsets.
I agree with most of it, good job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
It's just a ******* dog By Michael Vick
Check out the Dailyer Nebraskan
http://www.dailyernebraskan.com
421 Witness
756*
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
How did VY help Henry run the ball? The o-line was changed, and that obviously helped a lot.
Yup I disagree about VY helping Henry a ton. The major change that happened that helped Henry out so much was the re-shuffling of the OL. Jacob Bell went from RT to LG where he should have been all along, Zach Piller was finally out of the starting lineup, and David Stewart went to RT and played great.

That was the reason our running game took off. That and Vince's scrambling.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 05:21 PM    (permalink
jag
Veteran

jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
Yup I disagree about VY helping Henry a ton. The major change that happened that helped Henry out so much was the re-shuffling of the OL. Jacob Bell went from RT to LG where he should have been all along, Zach Piller was finally out of the starting lineup, and David Stewart went to RT and played great.

Hooray for smart fans.

+rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
It's just a ******* dog By Michael Vick
Check out the Dailyer Nebraskan
http://www.dailyernebraskan.com
421 Witness
756*
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 07:39 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post

That's pretty much it. We did face some weak run d's, which also helped. But Henry did make a lot of it on his own, and because of that, I'm not sure how much of a hit our run game takes with two relative unknowns being handed the ball this year (as far as we know now at least).

I still wonder if Amano can be an upgrade over Olsen who looks painfully slow of foot nowadays. Leroy Harris, Roos, Bell, Amano, Stewart....that could be a very good line long term if we can keep them all around.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 08:24 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

I gotta disagree with the titans having the 4th best special teams in the division. Bironas was very solid last year. Maybe you saw his 60 yarder? plus craig hentrich is one of the better punters in the league. I guess you ranked them so low because of the loss of Pacmans return abilities but we still have some people who could surprise return wise.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 09:10 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
I gotta disagree with the titans having the 4th best special teams in the division. Bironas was very solid last year. Maybe you saw his 60 yarder? plus craig hentrich is one of the better punters in the league. I guess you ranked them so low because of the loss of Pacmans return abilities but we still have some people who could surprise return wise.
Thanks. I may have mixed up the Texans and the Titans on 3rd and 4th. I lost it the first time I typed it (danged not-being-able-to-copy in this format). I didn't think those two through well enough, so you're probably right.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 05-14-2007, 01:42 AM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

it's cool man. none of us here are pros so mistakes are made.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 03:00 AM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Passing Defense
  • Jaguars
  • Colts
  • Texans
  • Titans
I take it you count only secondary in this? Even still, I think you're really underrating the Colts if you think they're not even close to the Jaguars in pass defense.

Quote:
Special Teams
  • Colts
  • Jaguars
  • Texans
  • Titans
I take it this only counts K and P? The Colts' kickoff and punt coverage units were downright dreadful at times last year. There was only one time throughout the entire season that the return game was a really positive factor for them too. I'd have the Titans with the best special teams in the division if they still had Pac-Man.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 03:37 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jacob Bell played at RT? When?

The O-Line did improve, but Bell was in at Guard to replace an injured Zach Piller, so its not like he won the job. He did prove he was worthy of a starting role, though. Better O-Line play helped, but I still believe that Vince's presence on the field helped every aspect of our offense. Especially our running game.

Either way, my point is the same. Travis Henry is replaceable.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 07:38 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
I take it you count only secondary in this? Even still, I think you're really underrating the Colts if you think they're not even close to the Jaguars in pass defense.

I take it this only counts K and P? The Colts' kickoff and punt coverage units were downright dreadful at times last year. There was only one time throughout the entire season that the return game was a really positive factor for them too. I'd have the Titans with the best special teams in the division if they still had Pac-Man.
1. Good point.

2. Yeah, I thought about that, but I didn't take it into account enough.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 05-14-2007, 10:56 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I believe the starting lineup was Roos, Piller, Mawae, Olson and Bell, which was changed to Roos, Bell, Mawae, Olson and Stewart due to injury. This line produced better than the other config, but the fact that D's had to respect VY's playaction (that is, not instantly commit to the hand off) helped a lot too.

Every HB has its OL to thank but with McNair and his diminished scrambling threat in 05, Henry wasn't very effective. He was also pretty ineffective when Collins was in. If that OL config and VY were in from day 1, I feel Henry would have had 1500-1600. He ran very hard and played well but he's also 29 and 1 strike away from a year's suspension for weed (although I think that may run out soon). In one thread you've got people saying the Seahawks are stupid for resigning a ~30 HB who is of all star caliber, whilst the Titans are stupid for letting their ~30 HB go who isn't as good. You can't draft a running back in the 2nd and be scared to hand him the load when the opportunity arrises - LenDale as the starter was a decision made in April 2006. Now he has another 2nd round HB to compete with who is the polar opposite - a physical freak with great work ethic.

The Titans HB situation for 07 is as good as any before it which had untested but potentially good HB's. It's not very often you have a proven young guy ready to take the load - in fact that's an oxymoron, as if he was proven he wouldn't be taking the load, he'd already have it. Just about every team hands the keys over to potential over production at HB regularly. The Titans are rolling the dice, and if it doesn't work I'm not going to blame them for trying, taking risks is part of the game, and as far as I care, taking them on players like LenDale and Chris Henry is about as good as you can get, as I think both have real potential to be great players.

Last edited by OzTitan : 05-14-2007 at 10:59 AM.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote