Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: who is faster devin hester or reggie bush?
Devin Hester 48 44.44%
Reggie Bush 48 44.44%
Other 12 11.11%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-14-2007, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll go inverted here:

I never "implied" that Norwood was the superior player, or talent. In fact I prefaced my statement that Norwood was a more productive runner last year with that fact. What Bush provides as a receiver cannot adequately be quantified, in comparison with other backs. He will only get better at it too, which is scary. As a pure runner he has a lot to work on.

I agree with you. Bush gradually improved as a runner, and showed glimpses of potential. However, regardless, I think Norwood had a more solid season as a runner. Or, I should say, was more natural as one. Maybe it was because he played behind a mediocre O-Line, in the SEC, and he got a better taste of NFL type speed.

Don't get me started on how much I hate typical Falcons' message boards. The homers are ridiculous. Then again, every team has its fair share of ignorant people.

By saying of course he wouldn't average 6+ YPC as a starter, I meant that he played his '2' role perfectly. Most secondary runners typically produce more than the incumbent starter. They have an easier assignment, obviously. I was just bothered that Reggie Bush was not like a Laurence Maroney, Joseph Addai, Maurice Jones-Drew, Jerious Norwood. He didn't excel as a secondary back like those aforementioned players did.

By referencing Houston and Green Bay, who use the exact scheme, I was proving that the Alex Gibbs' system isn't the 'end all, be all' for a running system. Denver is successful because Mike Shannahan is the best play caller in the NFL, and they've kept amazing continuity on the O-Line. Atlanta's rushing attack has been fairly mediocre, but the stats don't reflect that because it includes Michael Vick into the equation.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 03:32 PM    (permalink
Seasonticketholder
Veteran

Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
OK, Shiver and STH, I, as a divisional rival standpoint will rule in favor of Shiver. It is obvious that Norwood totally outclassed Bush as a pure RB. Other teams barely had to respect Vick and the passing attack, while these same teams had to respect Brees at all times. Which in itself opened stuff up for Bush.

Maybe just a one year thing...but Jerious as a RB was > Bush last year.
Shiver has time spent on this board. It is not a surprise that others would give him the benefit of the doubt and agree with him. But I could be wrong.

Also, it is not a really good argument to say that Brees opened up things for Bush and Vick did not for Norwood if I have already stated that Bush's ineffectiveness running the ball earlier in the season was based upon his own decision to not take holes available to him and, instead, his choice to bounce every play outside. So even if Brees opened things up for Bush, it was the choices by Bush, not defenses stopping him.
Seasonticketholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 03:32 PM    (permalink
Seasonticketholder
Veteran

Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
I'll go inverted here:

I never "implied" that Norwood was the superior player, or talent. In fact I prefaced my statement that Norwood was a more productive runner last year with that fact. What Bush provides as a receiver cannot adequately be quantified, in comparison with other backs. He will only get better at it too, which is scary. As a pure runner he has a lot to work on.

I agree with you. Bush gradually improved as a runner, and showed glimpses of potential. However, regardless, I think Norwood had a more solid season as a runner. Or, I should say, was more natural as one. Maybe it was because he played behind a mediocre O-Line, in the SEC, and he got a better taste of NFL type speed.

Don't get me started on how much I hate typical Falcons' message boards. The homers are ridiculous. Then again, every team has its fair share of ignorant people.

By saying of course he wouldn't average 6+ YPC as a starter, I meant that he played his '2' role perfectly. Most secondary runners typically produce more than the incumbent starter. They have an easier assignment, obviously. I was just bothered that Reggie Bush was not like a Laurence Maroney, Joseph Addai, Maurice Jones-Drew, Jerious Norwood. He didn't excel as a secondary back like those aforementioned players did.

By referencing Houston and Green Bay, who use the exact scheme, I was proving that the Alex Gibbs' system isn't the 'end all, be all' for a running system. Denver is successful because Mike Shannahan is the best play caller in the NFL, and they've kept amazing continuity on the O-Line. Atlanta's rushing attack has been fairly mediocre, but the stats don't reflect that because it includes Michael Vick into the equation.
Though we have some points of disagreement, your points here are well taken.
Seasonticketholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 04:37 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
bush because he's hitting kim kardashian
Every guy on the internet has seen her naked.

He could do better.
BUSTKUNTLAWL is offline   Reply With Quote