Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 05-03-2007, 02:55 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Any Hurricane Fans Out There

I was wondering if someone had some insight into what expectations should be going into the season. How will the team adjust to Randi Shannon as the head coach? Will it be Kyle Wright or Kirby Freeman at QB? Will the team improve enough to be back in the top 25?

Just any info on Miami's upcoming year would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 03:06 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think they will be preseason top 25 and end up with a bowl bid (Orange Bowl) that defense is so stacked, adjusting to Shannon shouldn't take long since he was already running the defense

Who starts at QB is up in the air right now i think and Shannon won't hesitate to switch them if they aren't performing

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 05:10 PM    (permalink
Jelephant87
Rookie

Jelephant87 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I don't know if I'm ready to put them in the Orange Bowl yet. They won't receive an at-large bid for the BCS and Virginia Tech is going to be tough to beat for the ACC crown. It's not that I don't think they have the potential to do it, but so far Kyle Wright (or Kirby Freeman) hasn't proven that the offense will be directed much better. That being said, led by the defense and Javarris James, I think 9-3 would be a safe bet for the regular season with the potential for better.
Jelephant87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 05:59 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
I think they will be preseason top 25 and end up with a bowl bid (Orange Bowl)

Now THAT was funny.
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 08:24 PM    (permalink
-black
Pro Bowler

-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Miami is definately talented. Its the WR, QB, and OL positions that should be a concern

They have not recruited the WR position well the past few years (or developed them). Shields should be a great young target, but they NEED depserately for Lance Leggett to step up (or hope a freshman like Van Dyke can play and excell early).

I really expected Youngblood and a few more of their lineman to become All Stars....hasnt happened yet, and its one of the reasons the QB's have struggled.

Wright has obvious talent, and if he cam improve on his Soph season then Miami can win the Coastal. His junior season was a mess, but he showed flashes as a Soph. The only position on offense that seems set is at RB where not only is Javaris a monster, but they have signed some big time recruits this past year

the defense is rock solid...should be a top 20 defense in the country, but there are some questions about depth at LB and CB. I wouldnt worry too much about it though, because Shannon will have them ready to play.

They have enough talent to go into Norman and upset Oklahoma. If they can do that early they will be back in the top 25 with alot of momentum. I think they momentum can carry into the Texas A&M game and despite A&M being a very good team, I dont think they will beat Miami on the road. At FSU is VERY winnable and if they can get 2/3 or maybe even 3/3 with A&M, FSU, and Okla, then Miami has a realistic shot at going to a BCS Bowl with the Tech game at the end of the season

it depends on the OL and Wright/Freeman though

-sig by jkpigskin

Last edited by -black : 05-03-2007 at 08:28 PM.
-black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 11:33 AM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Finsfan79 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The schedule is not very easy this year but I love the 18 returning starters.

The defense will be top 5 again like it is every year. I think the key will be the young WRs we just brought in. If they can make the impact we hope. They are really impressed with cooper I expect him splitting carries with James together.

I think Freeman wins the starting spot for QB personally. The oline is alright and young last year and should get better specially with that big time guard we picked up. But, I think it will be interesting to see.

I think it will be strange to see what happens with not startoff with FSU for once. But I wouldnt be surprised if we can get into the ACC championship and even win it.
Finsfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 11:34 AM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Finsfan79 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn98 View Post

Now THAT was funny.
Wide Right, Wide Left

Words to echo throughout time for FSU
Finsfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 09:44 AM    (permalink
RonnieRun23
Rookie

RonnieRun23 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -black View Post
Miami is definately talented. Its the WR, QB, and OL positions that should be a concern

They have not recruited the WR position well the past few years (or developed them). Shields should be a great young target, but they NEED depserately for Lance Leggett to step up (or hope a freshman like Van Dyke can play and excell early).

I really expected Youngblood and a few more of their lineman to become All Stars....hasnt happened yet, and its one of the reasons the QB's have struggled.

Wright has obvious talent, and if he cam improve on his Soph season then Miami can win the Coastal. His junior season was a mess, but he showed flashes as a Soph. The only position on offense that seems set is at RB where not only is Javaris a monster, but they have signed some big time recruits this past year

the defense is rock solid...should be a top 20 defense in the country, but there are some questions about depth at LB and CB. I wouldnt worry too much about it though, because Shannon will have them ready to play.

They have enough talent to go into Norman and upset Oklahoma. If they can do that early they will be back in the top 25 with alot of momentum. I think they momentum can carry into the Texas A&M game and despite A&M being a very good team, I dont think they will beat Miami on the road. At FSU is VERY winnable and if they can get 2/3 or maybe even 3/3 with A&M, FSU, and Okla, then Miami has a realistic shot at going to a BCS Bowl with the Tech game at the end of the season

it depends on the OL and Wright/Freeman though

We got some pretty good WR's this year, hopefully they can develop. Hankerson, McKenzie, and Farquharson will hopefully be studs.
RonnieRun23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 10:49 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only question I have with Miami is the QB spot. If Wright or Freeman (or even Marve) can come in and just run the offense and be a game manager this team can be very good. If Jason Fox plays next year at 100% he will be a stud tackle. Hopefully Youngblood can show why he was so highly ranked out of high school at RT. Rutledge had a great spring and should be good at OG with Bain returning at the other spot. Hopefully Morse does a better job at center than Wollshlager did last year. I think if that unit stays healthy we will be fine.

The skills positions on offense look to be very good. Sam Shields, Lance Leggett and Darnell Jenkins are a very good threesome at WR. Farr, Zellner and Epps are a good group at TE/H-B. James, Cooper, Jones and Thomas are a great group of running backs. Cooper really should bring some explosiveness to the offense.

The defense will be dominant again. Two top 10 players in the country on defense with Campbell and Phillips. The LB group is very deep and looked great in spring. Gooden, Sharpton, Cook, Davis and Atkins all have experience, and Colin McCarthy looks like a stud. Teraz McCray looks like he will dominate, Dixon is a big body inside as well, and Holmes looks good inside as well. Moncur started a few games last year and did well, add Franklin and Steven Wesley behind Campbell and that is another impressive group. The CBs are a bit of a question but Sharpe looked good in spring as did Randy Phillips. Chavez Grant had a good freshman year and Wiggins did well in spring. Losing Reddick hurts a bit but Ponder did very well last year and Cooper brings depth. And there is some guy names Kenny, he is kinda good.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 02:29 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think McCray and Moncur could be the guys that step up this year to fortify the defense as always. Sharpe and Phillips have plenty of potential and they can only improve. Our LBs are solid and deep, but I'd like to see Sharpton add some bulk and strength. There's a lot of question marks on offense but we have plenty of difference-makers at the skill positions. FSU is pretty much in the same boat offensively, while Virginia Tech is overrated. I expect us to make the Title Game, but then again I always do and we underachieve.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 12:14 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i just realized this, the canes haven't won a conferenced title since switching to the ACC, is the ACC that much better than the Big East or do you think its because we were so dominate then

Old 05-07-2007, 04:50 PM    (permalink
swagger
Veteran

swagger hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

On Sportscenter there is a special on the Canes and Randy Shannon, "Can the U gain back its swagger?" I'm sure they won't say anything Miami fans don't know, but it should still be interesting.

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007
swagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 04:54 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

when is it going to be on?

Old 05-07-2007, 06:38 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
On Sportscenter there is a special on the Canes and Randy Shannon, "Can the U gain back its swagger?" I'm sure they won't say anything Miami fans don't know, but it should still be interesting.
Programs like that always disappoint me. Like you said, it won't teach me anything I don't know, kinda like Mel Kiper on Draft Day.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 06:57 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
i just realized this, the canes haven't won a conferenced title since switching to the ACC, is the ACC that much better than the Big East or do you think its because we were so dominate then
His name was Larry Coker.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 07:16 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

larry croker obviously lost the team last year, its the only reason they didn't dominate the ACC on a down year

Old 05-07-2007, 08:26 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard that Kyle Wright has looked awful this Spring while Kirby Freeman has looked pretty good. Don't remember where, so take it fwiw.

Also, I don't understand why fenikz put that quote in his sig. Myron Rolle is 1-0 against Miami...
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 08:36 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

shhhhhhh no one remembers that game

Old 05-07-2007, 09:48 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
I heard that Kyle Wright has looked awful this Spring while Kirby Freeman has looked pretty good. Don't remember where, so take it fwiw.

Also, I don't understand why fenikz put that quote in his sig. Myron Rolle is 1-0 against Miami...
Neither stood out in spring from what I saw/read.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 05-07-2007, 11:31 PM    (permalink
-black
Pro Bowler

-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Neither stood out in spring from what I saw/read.
i'll trade you Drew Weatherford and Roger Williams for Kyle Wright....deal?

-sig by jkpigskin
-black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 08:11 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by -black View Post
i'll trade you Drew Weatherford and Roger Williams for Kyle Wright....deal?
How about we just kick both off the teams and move on. :)

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 05-14-2007, 04:35 PM    (permalink
J52
Rookie

J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

The team will live and die with the quarterback play.

RB tandem will be amazing. James is a proven commodity already and Cooper is showing flashes of brilliance.

WR will be much improved due to the fact that there is nowhere else to go but up. Ryan Moore disapointed, Leggett can't play any worse then he already has. Shields and Farquharson will be good improvement.

Defense will likely be top 10 if not top 5, but that is no surprise.

But it boils down to Wright vs Freeman vs Marve(if the first two play too bad.) If one of them decisively takes the lead then you are talking BCS bid. If they both disappoint and one wins slightly then you are talking 9-3ish. If it is a repeat of 2006 and Wright and Freeman play awful then expect 8-4 at the best.

Can't pinpoint a prediction, the team completely falls on the shoulders of the QB performance.
J52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 02:26 AM    (permalink
jbeans187
Veteran

jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

People have already said this but the 18 returning starters will make Shannon look like a savior, hes coming into a great situation.

I cant wait to watch James and Cooper in the backfield

The defense will be sick

They should start freshman Robert Marve at qb with a run oriented offense, no way hes worse than Wright and Freeman

Leroy Smith - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koGD6XnAsNs
jbeans187 is offline   Reply With Quote