Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who will win this year?
Ladainian Tomlinson 51 34.69%
Larry Johnson 6 4.08%
Frank Gore 28 19.05%
Steven Jackson 33 22.45%
Willie Parker 2 1.36%
Rudi Johnson 1 0.68%
Other? 26 17.69%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-09-2007, 08:06 PM    (permalink
LionSmack
Veteran

LionSmack hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Why would Jones be better in New York anyway? Their offensive line isn't better (at least not at run blocking), he certaintly isn't facing inferior competition, he's not any younger, he doesn't have Benson to wear down defenders anymore, and he's not in a system that will stretch the field in the same way Chicago's did last year. I'm not saying Jones can't equal his stats from Chicago, but I don't see how he does better.
The Bears never valued him as a feature back. Also the Bears offense blows. I feel in NY he may be allowed to carry the team like he wasn't in Chicago. Now, Washington may take carries away, but then again I feel like Jones may seize the opportunity and has a good shot to put a choke hold on that RB position for the Jets.

easy bearsfan, don't get your nuts in a bunch, I was just expressing a feeling that Jones is going to have a great season. Good luck with Benson btw.
LionSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 08:14 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionSmack View Post
The Bears never valued him as a feature back. Also the Bears offense blows. I feel in NY he may be allowed to carry the team like he wasn't in Chicago. Now, Washington may take carries away, but then again I feel like Jones may seize the opportunity and has a good shot to put a choke hold on that RB position for the Jets.

easy bearsfan, don't get your nuts in a bunch, I was just expressing a feeling that Jones is going to have a great season. Good luck with Benson btw.
The Bears offense blows? The Bears offense outscored and outgained the Jets offense last year. It's not about me getting my nuts in a bunch, you just don't know what the hell you're talking about.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 08:30 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LaDainian Tomlinson until someone knocks him off his thrown, thats who I'm going with.

2nd will be Jackson.

Eric Church - Homeboy
http://youtu.be/wx-dUsh6OT8
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 08:44 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LT is just plain dominant so he is who I expect to win it. Steven Jackson will push for it as well I expect.
Old 05-09-2007, 08:44 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionSmack View Post

that's ridiculous.

honestly. the bears valued him as a feature back in 2005, and basically on his shoulders and the defense, took them to the playoffs. 1350 yds, 9 TD's? He carried the game for a good two years.
And now you're saying he's going to be the #1 RB in all of Jersey/B land?
Somehow that doesn't seem likely. He's more a stop-gap solution to the long-term problem that is running backs at the meadowlands. He'll still rack 700 yards and 6 TD's, but i don't think that he'll put a choke hold on the RB situation.

and, no, the bears offense didn't blow. 2050 out of the running backs last year... with jones taking well a 2 to 1 carry ratio over benson. threw for 3000 yards... had 36 TD's for the team on offense (and the defense/special teams had I don't really see why they blew. i mean, sure, they were inconsistant as hell. but to say they sucked really was a gross overstatement. boo ignorance. hooray beer!

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 10:59 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It seemed to me that Thomas Jones really started to figure things out during the playoffs and went from a good back to a great back. I have a feeling he'll carry that momentum into next season and have his best year as a pro, that's not an indictment of Chicago's offense and that's not me praising New York's, it's just a feeling.
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 02:39 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
I'm going to go with a wild card and say that Willis McGahee behind that massive Baltimore OLine will win the rushing title. Don't hold me to it, but I think he will thrive as the centerpiece of the Baltimore offense.
I don't think Any AFCN RB will win the title. There's too many good defenses.

I'll go with Jackson, Gore, or Surprise Pick... Edgerrin James.

Willis will be playing too many good run stopping teams... same with Willie.

Now if Willie could of had 2-3 more 100 yard games on the road last year... it was very possible.

Willie only had 7 - 100+ Yard rushing games.. 2 of which were over 200(Cle/NO).

if he would've had 2-3 more 100 yard games.. I'd believe it.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 12:22 PM    (permalink
aheineken
Veteran

aheineken could make a wolverine purr.aheineken could make a wolverine purr.aheineken could make a wolverine purr.aheineken could make a wolverine purr.aheineken could make a wolverine purr.aheineken could make a wolverine purr.aheineken could make a wolverine purr.aheineken could make a wolverine purr.

Some of Jackson's 3rd down duties are going to be relieved this year by Brian Leonard. So, I expect him to stay fresher throughout the game, which is really scary since last year he seemed to get stronger and faster toward the end of the game anyway. I think it will be a two horse race between LT and Jackson. I would have included Gore in there, but I have a feeling teams are going to be keying in on him. They can't do that with Jackson and LT due to the loaded offenses they play in.
Southern Miss Golden Eagles
aheineken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 01:31 PM    (permalink
KILLERSANTA
Pro Bowler

KILLERSANTA hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
Tiki Barber
Are you kidding? With Eli as his QB, There going to be 11 men in the box.... ;)
Old 05-10-2007, 06:55 PM    (permalink
High Roller
Rookie

High Roller hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Ill say Gore because I hope he does. Better pass attack and an upgrade at T with Staley over Harris. Very feasible.

Faithful Niner Fan
High Roller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky bobby View Post
Let me give you some hints.

He's 6'4", 265 pounds, and ran a 4.4 forty at his combine several years back. This will be his first year as a full time starter. He has a tendancy to embarrass defensive players, especailly guys from the secondary.
It took me a few minutes to realize who you were homer'ing on...

Yeah, not so much. While I like freakishly huge runners as much as the next guy he's going to split carries and the Giants are sure to throw a good bit.

Can't go against LT... he's the best player in football, has been for several years.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 08:26 PM    (permalink
Chief49er
Rookie

Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
It took me a few minutes to realize who you were homer'ing on...

Yeah, not so much. While I like freakishly huge runners as much as the next guy he's going to split carries and the Giants are sure to throw a good bit.

Can't go against LT... he's the best player in football, has been for several years.
I still don't know..
Old 05-14-2007, 08:28 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Two words: Cedric Benson!

:D

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 08:32 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senormysterioso View Post
It seemed to me that Thomas Jones really started to figure things out during the playoffs and went from a good back to a great back. I have a feeling he'll carry that momentum into next season and have his best year as a pro, that's not an indictment of Chicago's offense and that's not me praising New York's, it's just a feeling.
I get that feeling too, it's gas (damn those burritos I had tonight)

I think TJ has a very solid season, probably 1000 yards again but his production will drop off IMO. The Jets aren't as good of a run blocking unit, he's facing better competition each week, he's older, and he doesn't have the depth behind him that he had in Chicago. He'll be solid though.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 08:34 PM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'mma have to go wit my man Priest Holmes.

(Somebody should get the reference)
Old 05-14-2007, 09:50 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LT he will dominate like always, but with more tds this year i just know it

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 10:20 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Laurence Maroney duhh

-if he stays healthy..hes a beast
-he has 2 deep threats + Watson
-He has a pretty good OL
-we are going ZBS
-we have 1 of the top 2 QBs!!!
-our coach is genius
-Jets will get run over for 125 + game 1
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 03:14 PM    (permalink
jkb528
Rookie

jkb528 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Ricky Williams may win the rushing title... in the CFL or AFL

I like Travis Henry as a sleeper pick. LT is the best player in the game, but I'm sure Michael Turner will get some carries in an attempt to keep LT fresh, and while I think he'll be great again, I dont see LT going for 1,800 yards this season. LJ's o-line is unproven, and the Chiefs want to bring his carries down, so he's out. McGahee, Rudi, and Fast Willie all have to face AFC Central defenses. Portis splits with Betts. So, my money's on either Henry, Jackson, or Gore.
jkb528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 03:16 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joseph Addai, in all seriousness with Gonzalez on board teams are going to have to play the pass, and then Addai will have all kinds of holes to hit, especially with Ugoh in at guard as well.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really think Willie will have a good shot at it this year. Our offense is completely redesigned under Arians and is much better suited for it. Last year we saw him getting stuffed trying to pound the ball in 2 TE sets. This year expect to see 3 and 4 recievers spreading the field making room for Willie to run.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote