Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

Old 05-14-2007, 06:02 AM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Official Rookie Minicamp Thread

The Saints rookie minicamp is in the books and here are some articles from NewOrleansSaints.com. Feel free to discuss :)

Going (Mini) Camping (May 11th):
http://www.neworleanssaints.com/news...articleid=3448

Payton's First Impressions (May 13th):
http://www.neworleanssaints.com/news...articleid=3449

Minicamp Notebook (May 13th):
http://www.neworleanssaints.com/news...articleid=3450

Saints Sign Three Defenders (May 15th):
http://www.neworleanssaints.com/news...articleid=3453

Important notes:
Quote:
Head Coach Sean Payton was especially pleased with the performances turned in by his pair of draft pick cornerbacks Usama Young and David Jones in their first few practices in New Orleans.
Quote:
Payton was also pleased in what he saw from young offensive linemen Andy Alleman and Jermon Bushrod, although he did say it's tough to tell a whole lot before the linemen are able to get out on the field in shoulder pads and put in some full-contact sessions.
Quote:
The coach did single out Bushrod as one player who doesn't seem to be affected by the heat and humidity that plagued some of his new teammates. "Bushrod is handling it pretty well. He's come in here and he's carrying a fair amount of weight but carrying it pretty well. He's working at left tackle and we'll probably keep him there for now. I don't want move these guys all around."
Quote:
Free agent defensive tackle Walter Thomas had one of the shorter stays in Saints camp that anyone around the team could remember. The massive lineman lasted less than 15 minutes into the first practice Saturday before leaving the field and not being able to continue in the warm conditions.
Quote:
Executive Vice President/General Manager Mickey Loomis announced the signing of veteran NFL defensive linemen Lance Legree and Anton Palepoi, along with rookie free agent linebacker Desmond Sims.

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Last edited by Sveen : 05-17-2007 at 05:33 PM.
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Saints67
Rookie

Saints67 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Rhema McKnight (WR, Notre Dame), made some plays and impressed as well.
Saints67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well it's way early and playing in just helmets and shorts, is worlds different from the real thing in full pads.

However it's a good thing to know we finally have some young Cornerbacks with potential. The Saints have lacked youth at that position for a while.

Like what I've read on the O-line guys. I think somehow, someway Alleman, and Bushrod will see the field at some time this year. Whether it be a Strief like deal where they have to sub in for an injured starter for a few games, or they outright win a position on the line.

I guess the disappointments of camp so far were Walter Thomas, and Robert Meachem. I'm not worried at all about Meachem, he knows what Payton expects from him and he should be in good shape for the next camp. Thomas being cut so fast was a disappointment but with the little amount of experience in football the past few years he seemed like a longshot.

Last edited by Auron : 05-15-2007 at 06:30 PM.
Auron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 06:30 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope Alleman quickly changes his attitude or he's in for a rude awakening come training camp.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 12:30 AM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
I hope Alleman quickly changes his attitude or he's in for a rude awakening come training camp.
I don't understand... how so? Is there something that I missed?

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!
http://sportsinsomniacs.wordpress.com/

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs
Saints Dome Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's coming off very cocky and seems like he might have an attitude problem. I don't remember the specific quote, but it was along the lines of, "I'm not coming in and doing any stupid rookie things (like rookie hazing), I'm coming to start." Something like that.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Old 05-18-2007, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wanted to mention this earlier, but I really like Usama Young's attitude. I'm hoping he can make an impact some how this season.

Quote:
Young was also pleased with his showing so far, but is already looking forward to the full team minicamp that will be held early next month.

"I know that's when it's really going to get turned up a notch," said the rookie from Kent State. "I've been going at it as fast as possible and trying to study my playbook whenever we get some down time, trying to talk to players and learn the defense a little faster and learn a little bit more every time we go out there."

Last edited by Auron : 05-18-2007 at 06:11 PM.
Auron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 10:12 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

I'm going to put my homer glasses on and sincerely hope that Young can become our Rashean Mathis.

Old 05-19-2007, 03:03 PM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.

Hes certainly got potential. I wouldn't expect him to beat out Jason David or anything like that this year but I'd imagine he could be pretty solid a little ways down the road.
TigerBait45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 08:39 AM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
He's coming off very cocky and seems like he might have an attitude problem. I don't remember the specific quote, but it was along the lines of, "I'm not coming in and doing any stupid rookie things (like rookie hazing), I'm coming to start." Something like that.
I don't know if it's just me, but that's not (in my opinion) the mark of having an attitude problem. That statement seems that he's got a lot of confidence, which can't hurt at all.

As for starting as a rookie, it would surprise me, but I do think that after this year, he could definitely be the starter along side Jammal Brown on the left side of the line.

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!
http://sportsinsomniacs.wordpress.com/

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs
Saints Dome Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 03:59 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder if there is any consideration of pushing Jahri Evans over to LG and having Andy Alleman move in on the right side along Stinch.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 09:33 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This will be locked since minicamp is now over.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 05-04-2008, 06:44 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Minicamp opens Friday!

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 05-12-2008, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some articles about the Saints rookie minicamp:

Signature made by me

Old 05-12-2008, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

I've already read all of those. Ugh. BRING ON TRAINING CAMP!

Old 05-12-2008, 05:53 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

When does it start?

Signature made by me

Old 05-12-2008, 10:17 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

I have no idea. I want to say at the end of the month, though.